JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 19 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 19 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 19 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 19 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 19 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 19 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 19 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found!

4 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 19 Empty Re: Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found!

Post  lily Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:18 pm

Do they still have to do the dinners?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 19 Empty Re: Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found!

Post  bb1 Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:35 pm

I saw this on one of the Leicester pages (the Yorkies are still finding things to foam at the mouth about).

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 19 983769_731249686942712_3751627809498245326_n

Richard's banner, one of two flags presented to the Cathedral today by Richard III Society in memory of Margaret York, founder member of the Leicestershire Branch
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:53 pm

thumbsup 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:09 pm

I think I'll stick to the Middle Ages, Lily, it's much more civilised than the 21st century....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:12 pm

Yes it is. Am currently watching a program about Roman Britain and how luxurious life was for the elite and how miserable it was for the rest.

Somehow, I cannot help but think that history certainly does repeat itself. It is happening now....
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:16 pm

I often think that one of the worst things about life in the Middle Ages must have been not having waterproof clothes or footwear. The nobles had leather, but even that is nasty when it's sodden.

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:54 pm

Bugger. I just wrote a really interesting reply, and then lost it. But probably only to me.

I suspect that the message was that Eccles is a Lancashire name, albeit given to me by a Yorkshire man. But all things have purpose. Hence Maureen Eccles Lang. Two bloody useless husbands.

At heart I am a Celt. And that is all that can matter. I don't think that it matters to my children. But it will, one day.

Richard? Who knows? But I can't help feeling that he was doing alright in what is now a Car Park. This is what we have done. Pull down The Monastery, and tarmac it over. But that doesn't make his resting place any less worthy.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:57 pm

It wasn't actually a car park for very long, Sabot. I saw some old photos of it, and it seems to have previously been a children's playground/municipal gardens.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:01 pm

I was trying to find that old photo via google and came across this, er, interesting, memorabilia...

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 19 RICHARDIII3
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:20 pm

biggrin Pcorneater 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:25 pm

Found it!

https://www.facebook.com/BuryRichardIIIInLeicester/photos/pcb.687160014685013/687159774685037/?type=1

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 19 Richpa10

Though I must say, having the good sense to be found under the R sign in a car park, has elevated His Grace from deceased controversial monarch to National Treasure.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:28 pm

bb1 wrote:It wasn't actually a car park for very long, Sabot. I saw some old photos of it, and it seems to have previously been a children's playground/municipal gardens.

But they still destroyed The Monastery. How very bloody sad.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:33 pm

My own opinion is that the destruction of the English monasteries by H8 was one of the worst things that happened to England; it was on a scale with Pol Pot, or the madness of Stalinism. It destroyed a huge chunk of society, and enriched no-one except the usual leeches at the top.

I've always liked that poem, The Secret People, by G. K. Chesterton. It's quite long, but this is the relevant part:

The fine French kings came over in a flutter of flags and dames.
We liked their smiles and battles, but we never could say their names.
The blood ran red to Bosworth and the high French lords went down;
There was naught but a naked people under a naked crown.
And the eyes of the King's Servants turned terribly every way,
And the gold of the King's Servants rose higher every day.
They burnt the homes of the shaven men, that had been quaint and kind,
Till there was no bed in a monk's house, nor food that man could find.
The inns of God where no man paid, that were the wall of the weak,
The King's Servants ate them all. And still we did not speak.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:02 pm

Beautiful poem, Bonny. Will have to find the whole thing now.  smile 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:09 pm

Apologies, should have posted a link to the whole thing:

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~martinh/poems/SECRET
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:44 pm

I think that the same thing has been said since, albeit about different circumstances. But then that is the nature of Poetry. There are no new things under heaven. Just slightly different words.

"Better by far you should forget and smile than that you should remember and be sad." Who believes that shit?

Lots more I have, but then I always was a poetry freak.
I have never published any poetry that I have written because it is mine, and cleaved to my heart. My words.
And besides, I once showed an Auntie of mine a poem that I wrote when I was fourteen years old, And she said, "No way. You didn't write that." So after that humiliation, I just wrote poetry for myself.

My other most and best accredited to what I think of Prose is:

Thou hast committed Adultery. But that was in another Country, and besides, the wench is dead.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:07 pm

Am I right in thinking today is the anniversary of Richard being both buried and unburied?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:14 pm

bb1 wrote:Am I right in thinking today is the anniversary of Richard being both buried and unburied?
Polydorus wrote that he was buried on 25 August. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:17 pm

I checked with wiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exhumation_of_Richard_III_of_England

The bones found on 25 August were uncovered on 4 September and the grave soil dug back further over the next two days.

So both did happen on the 25th.....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:09 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/archaeology/richard-iii-two-years-after-his-body-was-found-scientists-discover-how-he-died-9736440.html

Richard III: Two years after his body was found scientists discover how he died

For more than 400 years he has been portrayed on stage as a hunchbacked monarch who commanded his court with a withered arm and limp.

However, since that popular image of Richard III was recently debunked, scientists have had another bone to pick with the last Plantagenet king – this time over how exactly he died.

A team at the University of Leicester used forensic techniques to identify the most likely cause of Richard’s death and has now provided a blow-by-blow account of the fatal injuries he sustained during the Battle of Bosworth field on 22 August 1485, which made him the last monarch to die in battle.

Three of the king’s injuries - two to the skull and one to the pelvis - had the potential to cause death quickly, according to the university’s forensic imaging team. They used whole body CT scans and micro-CT imaging of injured bones to analyse trauma to the 500-year-old skeleton carefully and to determine which of the King’s wounds might have proved fatal. They also analysed tool marks on bone to identify the medieval weapons potentially responsible for his injuries.

The results, published today in The Lancet, show that Richard’s skeleton sustained 11 wounds at or near the time of his death: nine of them to the skull, clearly inflicted in battle and suggesting he had removed or lost his helmet, and two to the postcranial skeleton.

Sarah Hainsworth, study author and Professor of Materials Engineering at the University of Leicester said: “Richard’s injuries represent a sustained attack or an attack by several assailants with weapons from the later medieval period. The wounds to the skull suggest that he was not wearing a helmet, and the absence of defensive wounds on his arms and hands indicate that he was otherwise still armoured at the time of his death.”

Professor Guy Rutty, study co-author, said: “The most likely injuries to have caused the King’s death are the two to the inferior aspect of the skull - a large sharp force trauma possibly from a sword or staff weapon, such as a halberd or bill, and a penetrating injury from the tip of an edged weapon. Richard’s head injuries are consistent with some near-contemporary accounts of the battle, which suggest that Richard abandoned his horse after it became stuck in a mire and was killed while fighting his enemies.”

The remains of Richard III were found under a car park in Leicester two years ago by archaeologists from the University of Leicester and subsequently identified. Judges at the High Court ruled earlier this year that he should be reinterred in Leicester after a legal wrangling between Leicester Cathedral and University and the Plantagenet Alliance, who wanted the king reinterred at York Minster.

It was revealed earlier this month that the Archbishop of Canterbury is likely to lead mourners at the televised funeral of Richard III, the only English monarch without a marked grave, at Leicester Cathedral next March. The Most Reverend Justin Welby will be joined by the Catholic Archbishop of Westminster Cardinal Vincent Nichols and representatives of other faiths to bury the Last Plantagenet King with “dignity and honour”.

At least he probably didn't have time to know what hit him.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:32 pm

Not much you can say about that. He died in battle. It's the traitors who caused it. The mad Margaret whatsername. And what a dynasty she gave to England. Syphilitic bunch they were. But they didn't last long.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 19 Empty HAPPY BIRTHDAY, YOUR GRACE!

Post  Lamplighter Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:25 am

HappyBirthday

king Greetings on your 562nd birthday.   LL

Champers Dancing Dancing flower
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:07 am

Oh yes! Happy birthday, your Grace! Hope you're enjoying your second life as a superstar! Champers
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:46 pm

Oh my!!  Can we all come to the party?  smileChampers2
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:40 pm

Does Richard III's DNA question Queen's right to the throne? Hunchback king's genetic comparison with distant cousins reveals an illegitimate child in royal family tree
Analysis proves skeleton in car park belongs to last Plantagenet king
But it also reveals one of Richard III's male relatives was cuckolded
Expert claims break in the male line probably occurred lower down line
Researchers pieced together sections of Richard III’s family tree
They found two female-line descendants who are alive today
Michael Ibsen and Wendy Duldig are 14th cousins twice removed
Analysis shows king almost certainly had blue eyes and blonde hair

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2857524/Does-Richard-III-s-DNA-question-Queen-s-right-throne-Analysis-reveals-relative-monarch-conceived-wedlock.html#ixzz3Kq10TxYM
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I can't even begin to count the stupid in that Mail piece....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next