JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 11 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 11 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 11 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 11 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 11 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 11 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found!

4 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 11 Empty Re: Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found!

Post  lily Fri May 23, 2014 5:38 pm

Thanks Bonny.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 11 Empty Re: Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found!

Post  bb1 Fri May 23, 2014 6:25 pm

From C4 again:

Richard’s reburial will take place over several days. Following a procession from the University of Leicester to the cathedral via a public route that will reflect the movements of his final days, he will lie at rest in the cathedral and the public will be given the opportunity to visit and pay their respects to this one-time anointed king. Then, in a unique reburial service, he will be formally reinterred in a specially-constructed tomb in front of the cathedral altar.

Looks like he's going to get the next-best-thing to lying in state?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri May 23, 2014 7:03 pm

So glad to read that because he should get it.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri May 23, 2014 9:16 pm

Grumpy Eleanor of Aquitaine
3 hours ago
I have been consulting with my fellow dead monarch, and Richard III assures me he doesn't mind where he's buried, just so long as it isn't next to Shakespeare.

rofl rofl 
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri May 23, 2014 10:01 pm

OMG Too funny.  rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri May 23, 2014 10:47 pm

The short version of today's judgement:

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/may/23/richard-iii-relatives-reburial-remains-leicester

I see the harpies are in full shriek in the comments. I had to laugh at one I saw commenting somewhere else. She was ranting on about Richard being 'King of the North'.

A rational person had to point out that no, he wasn't, the King of the North is a character in Game of Thrones.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri May 23, 2014 11:36 pm

King of the North? Oh you mean our Pres.  rofl rofl rofl 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri May 23, 2014 11:39 pm

Yes - imagining you're King Joffrey is a real giveway that you're a psycho.  rofl 
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri May 23, 2014 11:51 pm

Maybe that poster would like to have him?  rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri May 23, 2014 11:59 pm

It's astounding how many of them still think he's Richard of York, despite being told repeatedly that no, that was his father. Whose last view of York was as he was being beheaded prior to his head being stuck on the city gates.

I suspect a lot of them have never bothered to look at a history book...they're very much like the numties and hounders when they shout about the McCann case but never bother to read the police files.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat May 24, 2014 12:04 am

After reading many of the comments I stopped. It seems as though mainstream education has failed......
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat May 24, 2014 12:16 pm

More about the reinterment plans - it's going to be quite a send-off:

The Very Rev David Monteith, Dean of Leicester, said a four-day event next spring to mark the reinterment would take place in various places, but would focus on St Martin's.

It will start with the king's remains being placed in a coffin and transported to Bosworth battlefield and villages in the area, reflecting the movements of Richard's final days.

The bones will then travel back to the city, across Bow Bridge, where Richard is said to have hit his head when his body was brought back from Bosworth.

It will then be taken through the streets of Leicester before being placed in the cathedral, in preparation for the reinterment ceremony.

"For a few days, the remains will be in the cathedral by the font, reminding us of Richard's baptism and giving the public a chance to pay their respects," said the Dean.

"The cathedral will remain open as we prepare for the reinterment, which will draw on historical sources as well as contemporary aspects.

"We will close the cathedral while the tomb is closed and then, on about the fourth day, we open up it up again for a glorious celebration which will include the entire city."

The fourth day of the ceremonies will include an open-air pageant, music, street entertainment and parades, although the details are some way from being finalised.

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/VICTORY/story-21137350-detail/story.html#ixzz32dAAWaMD
Read more at http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/VICTORY/story-21137350-detail/story.html#iywfX00Xfg36OVu6.99
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat May 24, 2014 1:46 pm

The Plantagenet Alliance has three weeks in which to apply for permission to appeal the decision, if it wishes to do so. It must apply to the Court of Appeal (Civil Division) and specify the grounds for the appeal.

Michael Duncan, press officer at the Judiciary, said: "The disagreement would have to be on a point of law.

"They can't appeal just because they don't agree with the decision."

The alliance's lawyer, Matthew Howarth, said his client was considering appealing.

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/VICTORY/story-21137350-detail/story.html#ixzz32dX9MTdv
Read more at http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/VICTORY/story-21137350-detail/story.html#EzHQzqPemzKRH26o.99

Let's hope they don't try any further stunts.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat May 24, 2014 2:24 pm

The disagreement would have to be on a point of law.

Would that involve a precedent? As I believe it might, that would be difficult?  Pcorneater 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat May 24, 2014 2:32 pm

They seem to have as much grasp of law, etc., as the hounders, Lily. I can't see any wriggle room in that judgement, but LL would know better - is there any loophole they can exploit at our expense?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat May 24, 2014 3:14 pm

Yes, I'm hoping that LL might be able to tell us.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat May 24, 2014 3:28 pm

IMO, if they were to appeal I think it would get nowhere. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat May 24, 2014 3:51 pm

I agree, LL. It would be just another waste of the taxpayers money.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat May 24, 2014 4:00 pm

I doubt if they would be doing any of this if they were footing the bill, Lily, it's ridiculous.

I also find it grossly disrespectful to the king they claim to care so much about. It's because of them he is going to be residing in a cardboard box for another year; instead of being reburied with much ceremony in a few weeks. Haggling over his bones and preventing his reburial, all at taxpayers' expense, is, to me, unforgiveable and distasteful. And dishonourable.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat May 24, 2014 4:02 pm

It isn't about him at present, though is it? It's all about them.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat May 24, 2014 4:05 pm

lily wrote:It isn't about him at present, though is it?  It's all about them.
Not exactly, it's about how much the marketing of t-shirts, cards, jewellry etc is worth. He goes to Leicester, they get nothing, he goes to York and they can milk the visitors nonstop. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat May 24, 2014 4:06 pm

Slaps head. Of course, LL. So in other words, greed.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat May 24, 2014 4:17 pm

lily wrote:Slaps head.  Of course, LL.  So in other words, greed.  
If you look up the prices charged now for the Tower of London, you can see how profitable it woudl be to control any attraction. It costs a lot just to visit Westminster Abbey. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat May 24, 2014 4:20 pm

he goes to York and they can milk the visitors nonstop

Spot on! The Jorvik group's plans for assorted monarchical Experiences sound, to me, like something best avoided, though no doubt they will appeal to Japanese tourists, fitted in around the Viking and Roman trails.

Leicester's plans, on the other hand, seem to be pretty well thought out and fairly dignified. There are bound to be dubious souvenirs, there always is dire merchandise, but the overall impression I've had is that it is thoughful and dignified...

http://www.visitleicester.info/things-to-see-and-do/richard-iii/dynasty-death-and-discovery/

I was a bit dubious about the interactive replica skeleton to begin with, and then I realised it's actually the man himself telling his own story. The whole business is unique, because Richard's story didn't end in 1485 but has continued in the 21st century.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun May 25, 2014 12:45 pm

There's an enormous thread about this on Digital Spy, where the York lot have been beyond obnoxious. Sample:

Originally Posted by Hogzilla
Well things seemed to be going that way. But still - they need to take it to appeal and with some better lawyers, maybe. Then again. And exhaust the process. Even if it comes to nought (as is likely as it always seemed to me the government wanted it to go to Leicester for political and financial reasons), the longer it gets dragged on, the more money it will cost Leicester. Which in itself, is a laudable objective.

So tragic, from an historian's POV, that he will be left in the place he was treated so badly after death - and whose only real claim to his remains was a sort of playground 'Finders, Keepers' - but where you know, he will be turning in his Happy Shopper tomb, in a grim parish church, and that his physical remains will never come home, but stay in a place that has no visceral ties to him and just wants him as a tourist attraction.

All that said, it is maybe symptomatic of our philistine, money grubbing age. so fairly apt in a way as it was always going to say more about us as a culture, than it would about Richard's time.

If there is such a thing as the spirit though, am sure he's already home, not in that grim sh1thole.

See why they remind me of hounders and numties?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next