JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Death in the Middle East - Page 23 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Death in the Middle East - Page 23 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Death in the Middle East - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Death in the Middle East - Page 23 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Death in the Middle East - Page 23 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Death in the Middle East - Page 23 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Death in the Middle East - Page 23 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Death in the Middle East - Page 23 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Death in the Middle East - Page 23 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Death in the Middle East

5 posters

Page 23 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 32  Next

Go down

Death in the Middle East - Page 23 Empty Re: Death in the Middle East

Post  bb1 Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:37 pm

http://www.meneame.net/story/pleno-diputacion-sevilla-declara-pernona-non-grata-embajador/c01#c-1

The Plenary Council of Seville declared "Persona Non Grata" Ambassador of Israel
by Naboman to tercerainformacion.es
Submitted: 16:36
The plenary council has passed a motion declaring UI throughout the province of Seville "Persona Non Grata" the Israeli ambassador. Also, the motion urges the Spanish government to break relations with Israel and any agreement with the Board to that state which is described as "genocide". Sevilla Provincial Council also agreed to join the BDS Campaign for the Boycott of Israel and urges the Government of Andalusia to "cancel any political, commercial or cultural agreement with the State of Israel".
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:43 pm

http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/jewish-world-news/1.606402

80% of British Jews feel blamed for Israeli actions
New study says Muslims, teens are considered biggest anti-Semites in U.K.; boycotts of Israeli goods and services are seen as anti-Semitic.

I refuse to buy anything made in Israel, I do not consider this anti-semitism, it's my right to protest against what is happening in Gaza. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:13 pm

I won't knowingly buy anything made in Israel after this, LL, Israel is being boycotted worldwide now, just as apartheid South Africa was.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:04 pm

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/1.608121#.U9q8eBBlwY0.twitter

atest updates [Thursday]:

12:55 A.M. Hamas says will abide by three-day Gaza truce to begin on Friday (Reuters)

12:39 A.M. Israel and Hamas have agreed to a 72-hour ceasefire in their conflict in the Gaza Strip starting on Friday, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said on Thursday.

The ceasefire will begin at 8 a.m. local time (0500 GMT) on Friday, Aug. 1, they said in a joint statement. The statement said "forces on the ground will remain in place" during the truce, implying that Israeli ground forces will not withdraw.

"We urge all parties to act with restraint until this humanitarian ceasefire begins, and to fully abide by their commitments during the ceasefire," Kerry and Ban said. "This ceasefire is critical to giving innocent civilians a much-needed reprieve from violence."
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:08 pm

Odds on:

1. Israel bombing Gaza yet again overnight before the cease-fire?

2. Israel only wanting a cease-fire so it can stock up on the ammunition the US has agreed to release?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:02 am

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2014/07/un-us-announce-72-hour-gaza-ceasefire-2014731214037997737.html

That's nice, gives the Israelis time to receive their next load of armaments from the USA, or am I being cynical? LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:06 am

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:21 am

That's nice, gives the Israelis time to receive their next load of armaments from the USA, or am I being cynical? LL

Exactly what I thought, LL.

I see they've managed to break the ceasefire and kill a few more Palestinians - some very telling reports on AJ this morning.

And - drones to kill the civilians trapped in Gaza? Is there anything more cowardly? The Israeli military should be ashamed to call itself 'soldiers', they're just cowards and butchers as far as I can see.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:36 am

Death in the Middle East - Page 23 Gazaph10

How would you feel if you got a message like that? If you knew that in a few minutes, your home, your possessions, and very possibly your family was going to be destroyed as part of Israel's collective punishment of the civilians trapped in Gaza?

Would you think, Oh, what nice Fascists, they're warning us before they blow us to bits?

Or would you almost instantly become a 'terrorist' and want revenge on the cowards doing this to you and your loved ones - providing you survive the coming bombardment?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:40 am

https://twitter.com/hashtag/gazaunderattack?f=realtime

Be warned - the pictures of the casualties in Gaza are harrowing, and are NOT the retouched, blurred photos of dismembered children being shown on TV - if they're shown at all.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:45 am

Death in the Middle East - Page 23 Bt8ZLCdCIAAPmO9

This Israeli shell didn't go off. That is what they are using against civilians.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Death in the Middle East - Page 23 Empty Israel-Hamas truce crumbles

Post  Lamplighter Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:04 am

BBC NEWS: Israel to resume Gaza operation as truce crumbles

The Israeli military has told people in Gaza it is resuming operations, saying Hamas had broken a planned 72-hour ceasefire just hours after it began.

The army said it had warned residents to stay indoors.

Palestinian sources said at least eight people had been killed in an Israeli attack in Gaza. Israel said it was in response to rocket fire from Hamas.

Some 1,460 Palestinians, mostly civilians, have died in the conflict and 63 Israelis, mostly soldiers.
Always HAMAS that breaks the truce each time they are set up - no comment. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:09 am

What, did Hamas let off another firework? I don't believe a word coming out of Tel Aviv, LL, too many of them have gone on record as saying they want to get rid of the Palestinians from Gaza.

Look at those figures:

Some 1,460 Palestinians, mostly civilians, have died in the conflict and 63 Israelis, mostly soldiers.

It's generally recognised that the side that is killing civilians that are the terrorists. And that's Israel. And it is looking like they've killed another 40 civilians in southern Gaza during the ceasefire.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:28 am

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:37 am

Just seeing the pictures now of what Israel has done to Rafah, and it looks like the toll of casualties is mounting. What has to happen for Israel to be thrown out of the UN, and the UN to step in?

Oh, sorry, I forgot, that will never happen because Israel is being bankrolled by the US.

Death in the Middle East - Page 23 20140731_obama
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:20 pm

Your AJ seems to be on a slightly different schedule from mine, LL; but mine is saying the truce was broken when Israel went into a tunnel, fighting and several deaths ensued, and an Israeli soldier was captured?

Incidentally, is it me, or does Netanyahu sound ridiculous with his 'terror tunnels' cliche? Is Godzilla going to come out of them? More pertinently, why is Israel incapable of simply FILLING THEM IN without slaughtering women and children?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:33 pm

We are one hour ahead of the UK, bonny, and I think AJ is 2 or three hours ahead of us.    This link is to the special programs which you can watch anytime or catch up on ones you may have missed.   LL

http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:56 pm

Thanks, LL.

I won't be surprised if there is trouble in central London later today - apparently, a big demo is planned outside the Israeli embassy, and feelings are running high already.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:23 pm

The king of Saudi Arabia has finally spoken out. I'm trying to find a full translation, but meanwhile...

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/08/01/4266407/saudi-king-gaza-war-is-crime-against.html

Saudi King: Gaza war is "crime against humanity"

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia -- Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah says the Gaza war is a "collective massacre" that has spared no Palestinian living there and describes it as a "crime against humanity."

King Abdullah's remarks were read live by a news anchor on Saudi state television Friday. The aging monarch did not make an appearance.

The Saudi king warns that the fighting in Gaza will lead to a generation of children who will grow up knowing nothing but the language of violence. He calls on Muslim leaders and the international community to unite against what he describes as state terrorism and terrorism by groups.

The king has been deeply involved in cease-fire talks, siding with Egypt. He held meetings with the Palestinian president, Qatar's emir and pledged $80 million in aid for the Palestinian people.

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:36 pm

I saw that on AJ, with the whole statement read out over a pic of the King. He is not a well man, but he is a very courageous one. LL

Here it is, from the AJ Blog. http://live.aljazeera.com/Event/Gaza_Blog
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:41 pm

Ah, thanks, LL, I am going cross-eyed with twitter feeds, blogs and TV stations. I confess to being pleasantly surprised; I won't pretend KSA is my favourite country but I am glad to see he's broken ranks with the US.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:43 pm

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called US Secretary of State John Kerry earlier and told him that Hamas will "bear the consequences" of "unilaterally" breaking the cease-fire

So, how does that work, when it was Israel that carried on fighting on the ground? Or doesn't that count?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:46 pm

AJ is the best for ME stories, Haaretz is also good. That's where I get most of my stuff from. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:55 pm

Yes, AJ is good. I'm also following #gazaunderattack, much of which is coming from inside Gaza, depending on the power situation, etc. The photos of what is happening to the Palestinians trapped there, and being blown to bits, are truly the worst thing I have ever seen. EVER. Crying or Very sad 

AJ live:

Demonstrations have erupted across the West Bank on Friday to protest the ongoing Israeli operation in Gaza, leaving several people injured.

The biggest protest on Friday is in Hebron, where activists said between 5,000-6,000 showed up. At least 10 people there have been injured so far.

Al Jazeera has also learned that at the Ofer military base near Ramallah, at least five were injured in clashes, as a few hundred people were protesting.

At Qalandiya, checkpoint, between Ramallah and Jerusalem, at least one person has been injured as several hundred demonstrated.

Injuries were also reported in Ni'lin and Tulkarem, where one man was killed earlier.

Israel is going to be in real trouble if the West Bank erupts too, IMO. Also, demos are going on all over the world, and some are likely to get very nasty indeed.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:57 pm

Death in the Middle East - Page 23 Bt9RWXYCIAA-LIJ

Overnight in London.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums