JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Political, financial turmoil in Greece - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Political, financial turmoil in Greece - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Political, financial turmoil in Greece - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Political, financial turmoil in Greece - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Political, financial turmoil in Greece - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Political, financial turmoil in Greece - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Political, financial turmoil in Greece - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Political, financial turmoil in Greece - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Political, financial turmoil in Greece - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Political, financial turmoil in Greece

+2
lily
bb1
6 posters

Page 2 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 24  Next

Go down

Political, financial turmoil in Greece - Page 2 Empty Re: Political, financial turmoil in Greece

Post  Sabot Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:09 pm

Didn't Gordon Brown sell of Britain's Gold Reserves for a fraction of the value? No wonder The Pound is unstable.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Political, financial turmoil in Greece - Page 2 Empty Re: Political, financial turmoil in Greece

Post  bb1 Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:16 pm

Yes, he did, Sabot. And the West has since been plagued by what is best described as 'vanishing gold'. All of Ukraine's gold reserves have vanished, presumably into Fort Knox. Oh, except for a small quantity that was swapped for gold-painted lead bars while some naughty thief took the real gold for a nice holiday in Crimea.

And no, I am not making that up.

Germany's gold appears to have vanished - Fort Knox wouldn't even let German officials look at it to check it's still there. Other nations are having similar problems with their gold, having entrusted it to Fort Knox for 'safe keeping'.

I don't know what is going on, it's way over my head. There are strange stories circulating that most of the US gold reserves have evaporated, too, and that all that printed money circulating in the West is backed by nothing but fresh air and debt. Mostly debt to China, unfortunately.

But there's nothing to worry about if you are, say, Russia, China, India, and a few other sensible nations. They have lots and lots of gold and Fort Knox is NOT getting anywhere near it.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:31 pm

Xcuse me. Gold can't just disappear into thin air. It's sort of Solid and a bit heavy.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:34 pm

Personally, I think the Western gold has been quietly sold off to subsidise assorted wars, vanity projects, pay rises for politicians, etc. And the sellers may have thought it was going somewhere nice and friendly, like Switzerland, but it's actually ended up in Moscow, Beijing, etc....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:50 pm

bb1 wrote:Personally, I think the Western gold has been quietly sold off to subsidise assorted wars, vanity projects, pay rises for politicians, etc. And the sellers may have thought it was going somewhere nice and friendly, like Switzerland, but it's actually ended up in Moscow, Beijing, etc....

Well it has to be somewhere. But short of quite nice jewellery, what is the point of it? I've got a few bits and pieces lying about, but mine is all Old Gold, and nothing like measuring your average Ingot.
Ingots take up space. You have to put it somewhere. And then what?
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:52 pm

Well, I suppose you could always use it as bookends, or paperweights, or something. Alas, having too many gold bars isn't a problem I am ever likely to have......
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:05 pm

bb1 wrote:Well, I suppose you could always use it as bookends, or paperweights, or something. Alas, having too many gold bars isn't a problem I am ever likely to have......

Oh, I think I would manage to find something to do with it. A gold brick patio and decking would be nice. Unlike wood, it doesn't rot.
But all in all it is pretty worthless. No one I know would trade a Gold Sovereign for a tin of beans.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:14 pm

Sabot wrote:Didn't Gordon Brown sell of Britain's Gold Reserves for a fraction of the value?  No wonder The Pound is unstable.
Yep, he sold them at rock bottom prices to the Chinese. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:24 pm

Thanks, LL, I didn't know it was the Chinese, though that figures.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:26 pm

Lamplighter wrote:
Sabot wrote:Didn't Gordon Brown sell of Britain's Gold Reserves for a fraction of the value?  No wonder The Pound is unstable.
Yep, he sold them at rock bottom prices to the Chinese.   LL

Now that is interesting. Most of my gold is Chinese, although made long before Gordon Brown sold out. But who knows, maybe I am responsible in part.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:39 pm

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:02 pm

Political, financial turmoil in Greece - Page 2 B6spKc3CEAA2EzU
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:13 pm

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-01-17/russias-modest-proposal-greece-exit-europe-and-we-will-lift-food-import-ban

Russia's Modest Proposal To Greece: "Exit Europe And We Will Lift The Food Import Ban"

That could make things very interesting indeed. Greece goes fingerwave to austerity and the EU, gets its currency back, a guaranteed market for their produce, and who knows? Maybe a slice of that juicy pipeline deal the EU has so thoroughly f*cked up?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:04 pm

Some very interesting links within the Zero hedge article/comments. Shocked

I honestly wonder what is to become of it all.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:15 pm

I suspect some of the spinning plates are starting to slow down, Lily. Between oil, and the Swiss franc decoupling from the euro, all sorts of Black Swans are taking to the air now.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:29 pm

Exactly so, Bonny. It is also getting rather worrying?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:42 pm

It is indeed, Lily, especially when the EU and US' solution to everything seems to be to print more money.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:03 pm

Don't worry about The Euro. I know more than most because I live with it. And it is doing perfectly fine in France. I only need to worry about The Pound.

The Euro was worth 65 pence in the year 2000. It is now worth 77 pence. Does that sound like disaster? Because it doesn't to me.

Petrol is still cheaper here. I pay no Road Tax. My House Taxes are a joke by comparison to UK. Electricity is cheaper, and so is Water.
My House Insurance is a fraction of what it was in UK twenty years ago, and so is my Car Insurance. But then you see, we live by The Euro. Which is actually worth more than it was fourteen years ago.

I am so tired of all of this nonsense. Bring it back down to 65 pence, and I will be laughing.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:29 pm

Countries can't live beyond their means forever any more than people can, Sabot. Sooner or later, it all comes crashing down.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:36 pm

bb1 wrote:Countries can't live beyond their means forever any more than people can, Sabot. Sooner or later, it all comes crashing down.

Do you think that the Commercial Companies that provide me with service are unaware of this, Bonny? None of this has anything to do with The Government, apart from the taxes. And no one is going to complain if they go up a bit.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:14 pm

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  rhodes Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:16 pm

bb1 wrote:http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-01-17/russias-modest-proposal-greece-exit-europe-and-we-will-lift-food-import-ban

Russia's Modest Proposal To Greece: "Exit Europe And We Will Lift The Food Import Ban"

That could make things very interesting indeed. Greece goes fingerwave  to austerity and the EU, gets its currency back, a guaranteed market for their produce, and who knows? Maybe a slice of that juicy pipeline deal the EU has so thoroughly f*cked up?

oh boy Neutral
rhodes
rhodes
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:18 pm

This is more recent.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2015-01-13/yen-stays-strong-as-top-forecaster-halts-sell-call-on-oil-slump.html

It has far more to do with the government than you might think, Sabot. The government is heavily in debt. Who will have to pay that?

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:20 pm

lily wrote:This is more recent.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2015-01-13/yen-stays-strong-as-top-forecaster-halts-sell-call-on-oil-slump.html

It has far more to do with the government than you might think, Sabot.  The government is heavily in debt.  Who will have to pay that?  

Well it won't be me because I haven't got anything.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:44 pm

Then, it will be all the taxpayers and companies who will have to charge more for their services and food.

Sorry to say.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 24  Next