JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Dis-United Kingdom General Election campaign officially kicks off EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Dis-United Kingdom General Election campaign officially kicks off EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Dis-United Kingdom General Election campaign officially kicks off EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Dis-United Kingdom General Election campaign officially kicks off EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Dis-United Kingdom General Election campaign officially kicks off EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Dis-United Kingdom General Election campaign officially kicks off EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Dis-United Kingdom General Election campaign officially kicks off EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Dis-United Kingdom General Election campaign officially kicks off EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Dis-United Kingdom General Election campaign officially kicks off EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Dis-United Kingdom General Election campaign officially kicks off

+2
BomDia
bb1
6 posters

Page 1 of 29 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

Go down

Dis-United Kingdom General Election campaign officially kicks off Empty Dis-United Kingdom General Election campaign officially kicks off

Post  bb1 Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:33 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1455444/parliament-dissolved-election-race-begins

Parliament Dissolved: Election Race Begins
The PM sees the Queen to inform her that Parliament has been dissolved, meaning campaigning is officially under way.

David Cameron said in five years he had put Britain "back on her feet again" as he formally fired the starting gun on the election race after a meeting with the Queen.

Speaking on the steps of Number 10 after returning from Buckingham Palace where he asked the Queen to dissolve Parliament, Mr Cameron said voters face a "stark choice" between him and Ed Miliband.

With 38 days to go until the election, the Conservatives would offer strong leadership and a country that was safe and secure but Mr Miliband would offer a country mired in "economic chaos".

He said: "Britain is on the right track. This election is about moving forward, and that is what, as Prime Minister here at Downing Street, I will deliver."

And he warned that if voters put Mr Miliband in Number 10 working families would face a £3,000 tax hike.

In a YouTube video released by the Conservatives before Mr Cameron's journey to Buckingham Palace, the Conservative leader said May 7 was "the most important General Election in a generation".

Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg also made the trip to Buckingham Palace for a meeting with the Queen in his role as President of the Privy Council.

Speaking ahead of the meeting Mr Clegg predicted another coalition government come May 7 and said: "It is my view that the era of single-party government is now over in British politics."

He said: "About the very last thing the country now needs is a lurch to the left or the right and yet that is exactly what the Conservative and Labour parties are now threatening."

He added: "I think what the vast majority of people in this country want is that we keep this country and our government anchored in the centre ground, which is where the Liberal Democrats have anchored the government over the last five years."

The final act of pomp and ceremony of the coalition government fires the starting gun on the General Election campaign.

As the formalities played out at Buckingham Palace, Ed Miliband was attempting to win over business with the launch of its first "mini manifestos" in which the Labour leader warned of the "clear and present danger" of leaving the EU.

He said: "There could be nothing worse for our country or for our great exporting businesses than playing political games with our membership of the EU. David Cameron used to understand that. But in the past five years our place in the European Union has become less and less secure."

UKIP leader Nigel Farage was due to launch his party's five election pledges this afternoon along with a new poster.

The pledges are: "1. Say No to EU 2. Control our borders 3. Extra £3bn for the NHS 4. Cut foreign aid spending 5. No tax on the minimum wage."

With Parliament dissolved, MPs immediately lose their title and are asked to remove references to it, or place disclaimers on any email or social media account which names them as an MP.

It has already prompted a Twitter squabble with the Conservative parliamentary candidate fro Worsley and Eccles South posting: "I'm sure it's an oversight that my Labour opponent's Twitter name now breaches Parliamentary rules after dissolution."

Some, including Conservative MP Maria Miller, were refusing to remove the MP on their accounts. Ms Miller argued the Twitter account was set up before dissolution.

MPs elected in 2010 will also find their parliamentary pass for Westminster Palace ceases to work.

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Dis-United Kingdom General Election campaign officially kicks off Empty Re: Dis-United Kingdom General Election campaign officially kicks off

Post  bb1 Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:38 pm

The latest UK opinion polls look like this:

http://ukgeneralelection2015.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/populus-polling.html

General Election @UKELECTIONS2015
Follow
Populus Polling

Aged 18-24 (65+) voting intention

LAB 42% (23%)
CON 25% (47%)
GREEN 15% (2%)
LD 8% (8%)
SNP 5% (3%)
UKIP 5% (16%)

HOWEVER~

The latest Scottish opinion polls look like this:

General Election @UKELECTIONS2015
Follow
Populus Polling

Sub Sample

Scotland

SNP 49%
LABOUR 20%
CONSERVATIVES 18%
LIBDEMS 7%
GREENS 3%
UKIP 2%

biggrin biggrin biggrin
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Dis-United Kingdom General Election campaign officially kicks off Empty Re: Dis-United Kingdom General Election campaign officially kicks off

Post  BomDia Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:56 pm

If Scotland wants full fiscal autonomy (devo max), there's a bit of a problem with oil revenues at present.

Just saying.
BomDia
BomDia
Wise Owl
Wise Owl

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:13 pm

We actually want full independence, BomDia, but anything is an improvement, and it was never just about oil. My own view is that the regions of England would benefit greatly from some form of federalism, as everything is being sucked into the Greater London area at present, to the detriment of the rest of England.

But hey ho, that's for other people to decide, and the future.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:43 pm

A perfect example of the sort of offensive garbage we have come to expect from Westminster:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/scottish-politics/paddy-ashdown-the-snp-are-coming-south-to-burn-westminster.1427713383

Paddy Ashdown has claimed that the SNP are coming south to burn Westminster and make it dysfunctional.

The former Liberal Democrat leader made the statement whilst speaking to the BBC this morning as the first official day of campaigning for the 2015 general election got underway.

Polls suggest that the SNP will secure the majority of seats in Scotland at the general election, with an ICM poll for the Guardian newspaper last week putting support for the SNP at 43%.

Ashdown said: "The SNP has got one aim. They're not coming south to help Westminster work, they're coming south as a Scottish raiding party to burn Westminster down and to make the thing dysfunctional.

"I watched it happen in the Balkans, by the way. You first of all make it dysfunctional and then you have a case for breaking away. That's what their aim is."

Ashdown added that he was not comparing Alex Salmond to former Serbian president Slobodan Milosevic.

The only good thing is that every single time one of them spouts off like that, it's a few more votes for the SNP.

And we can all do without remarks about the Balkans from one of the worst warmongers to claim his £300 a day expenses for showing up in the Lords.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:47 pm

Getting nasty? So glad I am 1,100 miles away from it all. I don't qualify to vote, but I do hope the SNP gets a full house!!!! LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:01 pm

Well, it's certainly looking good, LL, but I'm not one for counting chickens. The nastiness hasn't actually stopped since the Referendum, all the, We love you Scotland, please don't go! went out of the window almost as soon as the votes had been counted.

The Westminster establishment doesn't help its cause one bit with these endless insults - or those utterly vile 'cartoons' the Guardian has taken to publishing.

The only mitigating factor is that Westminster is having to spread its insults a bit, as UKIP is getting monstered, too, for different reasons.

Anything that threatens their fat expense claims is Evil, clearly.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:40 pm

We still have property in the Orkneys so my youngest son has registered to vote there - the farm is in his, his sister's and his brother's names but he's the only one actually going there. I opted to vote in Austrian elections as I have no property in the UK, I gave the farm to my kids many years ago, it's run for them by a bailiff/manager. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:29 pm

It's going to be a most interesting election, for once, LL. For a change, I intend to watch the big televised debate scheduled for March April - not least because politics in the UK have changed so much, no fewer than SEVEN parties are involved.

Tories, Labour, Liberal, SNP, UKIP, Greens and Plaid Cymru.

With any luck it will turn into entertaining Catfight

Last edited by bb1 on Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:32 pm

scheduled for March
Err, dear lady, I think you've got the date wrong .... LL rofl rofl
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:38 pm

Oh, so I have. This is March. I'm always even more befuddled as usual when the clocks change. rofl
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:44 pm

bb1 wrote:Oh, so I have. This is March. I'm always even more befuddled as usual when the clocks change. rofl
I does 'ave me uses, lady. LL hug hug
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:56 am

Today's election news.

Cameron and Millipede slagging each other off; Clegg whining in the hope of someone noticing, and the MSM monstering UKIP and the SNP.

Same old, same old, in short.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:25 pm

Though UKIP does sometimes play right into their hands:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/israel-should-kidnap-barack-obama-and-put-him-on-trial-like-a-nazi-ukip-candidate-says-10145268.html

Israel should kidnap Barack Obama and put him on trial like a Nazi, Ukip candidate says

The Israeli government should kidnap Barack Obama and put him on trial like a Nazi war criminal, a Ukip election candidate has argued.

Jeremy Zeid, the party’s candidate for Hendon, said Israel should “do an Eichmann” on the US president.

Adolf Eichmann one of the architects of the Holocaust, was kidnapped by the Israeli secret service in 1960. He was put on trial, found guilty of crimes against humanity, and hanged.

“Once Obama is out of office, the Israelis should move to extradite the barsteward or ‘do an Eichmann’ on him, and lock him up for leaking state secrets. After all what’s sauce for the Pollard goose is sauce for the Obama gander, don’t you think?” Mr Zeid said.

“Just kidnap the bugger, like they did to Eichman, who suddenly found that he'd woken up in Israel. The problem is that Israeli jails are far more humane and adherent to human rights than American ones.”

Mr Zeid appeared to have been angered at a news report suggesting the US government had released documents confirming the existence of Israel’s nuclear programme, which is officially secret.

He made the comments on his Facebook page, which has now been deleted. The comments were revealed by the Purple Rain blog.

The candidate caused anger last year after he claimed some parts of London were being “ethnically cleansed” of white people. He later wrote that his tweet was “badly worded”.

“Free speech, it seems, only applies if it’s the right, or rather ‘the left’ kind,” he wrote in an article for the Jewish News website.

In an interview yesterday with the Jewish Chronicle website Mr Zeid stood his comments and likened himself to the French cartoonists massacred in Paris last year.

“Remember that phrase ‘Je Suis Charlie’? - well, freedom of speech,” he told the newspaper.

“[President Obama] wants to do a deal with Iran - which wants to wipe Israel out, to see the Jewish State gone to dust. Left-wing Jewish people do not want to deal with it.

He told the website that he was quitting as candidate: “I am done with politics because people focus on the minutia,” he said.

A Ukip spokesperson told The Independent: "Jeremy Zeid resigned as a candidate last week, citing his health. Ukip accepted his resignation."

UKIP really do need to tighten up their vetting procedures - perhaps consider employing a psychiatrist to wade out the nutters?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:27 pm

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:39 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/david-cameron-claims-hes-related-to-kim-kardashian-did-you-know-im-13th-cousins-10146513.html

Forget falling foul of the acerbic wit of Jeremy Paxman or the considered but probing technique of Andrew Marr, it was the grilling David Cameron faced from Heat that could well end up being the most revealing.

During his interview with the gossip magazine, the Prime Minister made the extraordinary claim that he is related to Kim Kardashian-West – the reality TV star and business mogul who shot to fame on the back of a sex tape.

Asked whether he watched Keeping Up With The Kardashians – the docu-soap about the family’s lives – Cameron said: "No, but I'm related to them.

"Did you know I'm 13th cousins with them?"

Why does Cameron imagine that's a good thing?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:43 pm

Oh dear.....

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ukip-candidate-who-resigned-over-kidnap-obama-plan-blames-informers-for-his-downfall-10146485.html

A former Ukip candidate has blamed “informers” for leaking the details of a bizarre rant in which he called for the Israeli government to kidnap President Obama and put him on trial like a Nazi war-criminal.

Jeremy Zeid, who stepped down as the Ukip candidate for Hendon last week after details of his tirade became public, compared his treatment to that of Jewish people hiding from the Nazi authorities in 1940s Poland.

Mr Zeid accused his Facebook friend who had informed the press of being a “squealer” and branded them “vermin”.

“I see that the TROLLS are out again, the INFORORMERS and the HATERS out to make mischief, because they are too COWARDLY to speak and instead like the vermin they are, ooze out of the shadows to get someone else to do their dirty work before slithering back under their rocks to hide from the fallout,” he wrote.

“As for the sneak, the squealer, the ‘informer’, the parasitic tapeworm infesting the bowel of society … you know who you are, the one who’d eagerly shop his grandmother for a tin of jam, just like the Poles did to the Jews, I’d like to think that what goes around comes around, kharma if you like.”

The former candidate challenged the source to leak his latest rant to the press, concluding: “NOW, you malignant nematode infested SLUG whoever you are, screenshot THIS and leak it to the Press. THIS is Free Speech and it’s MINE.”

More ravings at link.

He clearly has the currently-popular mental health issues.

Screenshotting someone ranting on FB actually isn't the same as the Holocaust. At least not in the real world.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:45 pm

Oh, the original rant is actually worse....

Dis-United Kingdom General Election campaign officially kicks off Zeid

He does sound somewhat over-wrought.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  BomDia Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:27 am

bb1 wrote:We actually want full independence, BomDia, but anything is an improvement, and it was never just about oil. My own view is that the regions of England would benefit greatly from some form of federalism, as everything is being sucked into the Greater London area at present, to the detriment of the rest of England.

Yes, I think regional devolution in England is inevitable.

When do think the next referendum on independence will be?

BomDia
BomDia
Wise Owl
Wise Owl

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:43 am

Everything is so up in the air, and odd, I wouldn't attempt to predict anything, BomDia. Some kind of breakup, and regional devolution in England is, IMO, inevitable, though; I get the distinct impression that a lot of folk in the English regions are fed up of everything being drained into the M25 corridor, to their detriment?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:34 pm

Nick Clegg set to LOSE his seat: Shock poll shows Lib Dem Deputy PM is trailing Labour by 2%
Lib Dem leader is trailing Labour in Sheffield Hallam constituency
Deputy Prime Minister won his seat in 2010 with more than 50% of the vote
Revelation included in latest round of polling in marginal constituencies

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3021366/Nick-Clegg-set-LOSE-seat-Shock-poll-shows-Deputy-Prime-Minister-trailing-Labour-2.html#ixzz3W51HguGE
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

If anyone deserves to lose their seat, it's Clegg, IMO. He destroyed the LibDems in exchange for his title and a limousine, and threw the rest of the LibDems under the bus.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:09 pm

Big night tonight - seven-handed barney, I mean, serious debate, of party leaders:

http://news.sky.com/story/1457201/seven-party-leaders-set-for-debate-showdown

Seven Party Leaders Set For Debate Showdown
The two-hour live TV debate will see the seven main party leaders appear before a 200-strong studio audience in Salford.

The Sky piece contains the unfortunate line:

The Liberal Democrats have sought to highlight mental illness as a major issue.

Yes, well, they would, wouldn't they, as their leader has destroyed his party, and everyone in it, in exchange for a fancy, empty title and a chauffer-driven limo.

Farage appears to be warming up in his usual manner, by drinking beer.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:19 pm

I feel your pain.......you are not alone.  Pcorneater
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:21 pm

Ah, but you just get two of them arguing, Lily, we're getting SEVEN of them all at once. With any luck, it should turn into the political version of those wrestling matches where everyone piles into the ring at once. rofl rofl rofl
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:25 pm

I do hope we get to see some of it here.   roflroflroflroflrofl
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 29 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next