JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
AFTER BREXIT - Page 23 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
AFTER BREXIT - Page 23 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
AFTER BREXIT - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
AFTER BREXIT - Page 23 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
AFTER BREXIT - Page 23 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
AFTER BREXIT - Page 23 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
AFTER BREXIT - Page 23 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
AFTER BREXIT - Page 23 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
AFTER BREXIT - Page 23 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

AFTER BREXIT

+3
Sabot
bb1
Lamplighter
7 posters

Page 23 of 36 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29 ... 36  Next

Go down

AFTER BREXIT - Page 23 Empty Re: AFTER BREXIT

Post  bb1 Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:23 pm

“Britain was borrowing 5pc to 6pc of GDP a year to buy imports and live beyond its means. The strong pound was great if you wanted to buy a Mercedes Benz of take a holiday in Spain, but the prosperity was an illusion, borrowed from the future,” he said.

I confess, I hadn't thought of that.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:53 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/tesco-pulls-brands-such-as-marmite-amid-unilever-price-row-10614934

Tesco is refusing to sell dozens of Unilever products on its website due to a row over price rises, according to reports.

The supermarket giant has apparently rejected a Unilever request to increase prices by up to 10% because of the fall in the value of Sterling.

The pound has fallen 17% since June's vote for Britain to leave the European Union.

Unilever is one of the world's biggest manufactures of consumer products, making dozens of household brands including Ben & Jerry's ice cream, Marmite, Dove soap and Signal toothpaste.

Many of these products are showing as being unavailable on Tesco's website, but the supermarket giant says it will still continue to sell existing supplies in its stores until they run out.

A spokesperson for Tesco said: "We are currently experiencing availability issues on a number of Unilever products. We hope to have this issue resolved soon."

Tesco's chief executive, Dave Lewis, spent much of his career working at Unilever before jumping ship to join the supermarket giant two years ago.

Sky sources have confirmed that other supermarket chains have also expressed concerns about Unilever's stance.

Unilever has refused to comment.

Oh, I wondered why so many items were unavailable when I was doing my online shop.....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:17 pm

UK lawsuit challenges British PM Theresa May on Brexit
LONDON (AP) — The case is considered the most important constitutional matter in a generation: can Prime Minister Theresa May start negotiating Britain's exit from the European Union without an act of Parliament?
Financial entrepreneur Gina Miller's lawsuit against the government seeks to answer this as well as much bigger questions about where power lies in this nation's democracy and whether rights can be revoked without a vote of lawmakers.
https://www.mail.com/int/news/uk/4664712-uk-lawsuit-challenges-british-pm-theresa-brexit.html#.1258-stage-hero1-1
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:34 pm

The lawmakers voted to allow the referendum, though. That they didn't expect Leave to win, is neither here nor there, surely?

And I suspect Unilever thought they could make a quick buck and Tesco said NO. Fresh, imported food varies in price all the time - but shower gel?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:08 pm

AFTER BREXIT - Page 23 CumGxWqWYAAiq0s
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:03 pm

Nicola Sturgeon challenges May with second referendum bill
Scottish first minister to publish draft bill for independence poll, saying she has mandate to defend Scotland’s remain vote.
Nicola Sturgeon is to publish a draft bill next week calling for a second Scottish independence referendum in a direct challenge to Theresa May’s hardline stance on Britain leaving the EU.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/oct/13/nicola-sturgeon-challenges-may-with-second-referendum-bill-scottish-independence-snp-conference
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:09 pm

Yes, perish the thought Sturgeon should spend any time sorting out the complete mess she has made of running our domestic affairs....

She's playing to the Party faithful, IMO, because the last thing anyone sane wants right now is another acrimonious referendum. And - she signed the Edinburgh Agreement, so now she is breaking a solemn legal oath.

Also, she has no legal authority to 'call a referendum', she's just grandstanding. I hope May slaps her down hard, and tells her to get on with the day job.

If you don't live here, LL, you have NO idea of the scale of the mess Sturgeon has created, or the greed of her acolytes.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:52 pm

#Marmitegate! Furious shoppers call for boycott of Unilever after Tesco stops selling Marmite - and 200 other items - in protest at Anglo-Dutch food giant's demand for a 10% Brexit price rise

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3835034/Major-brands-axed-Tesco-shelves-row-supplier-Unilever-demanded-10-cent-price-rise-falling-pound.html#ixzz4Mzr67FLM
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

It's brilliant publicity for Tesco, not least because Marmite is made in the UK.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:27 pm

What manipulative a-holes to do that. I mean.....really, are they that desperate?

I still have a jar here. smile

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:49 pm

Marmite-gate is officially over with pots of the much-loved British brand returning to supermarket shelves imminently after Tesco and Unilever ended their price row.
Tesco confirmed tonight it had reached a 'satisfactory' agreement with the £2bn Anglo-Dutch consumer goods manufacturer following the extraordinary stand-off.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3835034/Major-brands-axed-Tesco-shelves-row-supplier-Unilever-demanded-10-cent-price-rise-falling-pound.html#ixzz4N0KPqFe8
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Phew, thank goodness! I suspect Unilever didn't expect the public to support Tesco over this.....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:03 pm

AFTER BREXIT - Page 23 CurTDTXXYAAesB3
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:38 pm

rofl rofl rofl rofl
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:59 am

Conservatives using Brexit as 'licence for xenophobia', Nicola Sturgeon warns
SNP leader calls Tory government 'deeply ugly'
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/conservatives-tories-brexit-xenophobia-licence-nicola-sturgeon-racism-hate-crime-a7358666.html

That is taking it too far, even I, disinterested as I am in all things political, know that she is bonkers!     LL

SNP's Nicola Sturgeon announces new independence referendum bill
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-37634338
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:39 am

There is NO resemblance between the current SNP shower, and the earlier generations, LL. I know you don't 'do' politics, but the older hands are pretty disgusted by this rabble of liars, lunatics and troughers.

If one reads the older hands' blogs or press statements, they are well-written, logical and researched, even if one doesn't agree with them.

This lot seem to say the first thing that comes into their heads, as long as it keeps the Party faithful happy. The rot started, IMO, when they decided to court the disaffected Labour vote, that will vote for anyone that promises them free stuff (courtesy of the taxpayers).

Remember, when the SNP first came to power here, they were in coalition with the Tories, so couldn't do anything too stupid; indeed, that was the period when much-needed infrastructure projects were begin.

Since then, it's been downhill all the way. I hope Mrs May tells Sturgeon to STFU, or she will see to it that MI5 leak all the dirt they have on those useless SNP MPs to the papers - and there's a lot, even just going by current gossip.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:25 am

Mulder1981 ‏@Mulder1981 2h2 hours ago Dunblane, Scotland
Sturgeon tells @BBCBreakfast it’s “highly likely” Scotland will have #IndyRef2 within 2years as a result of #Brexit
2-4 years = Lifetime!!!

AFTER BREXIT - Page 23 Cuti5OGXYAAKjoy

The lunatic woman wants a different immigration policy to London. Which means a hard border with England, and all those pretty Border villages ending up looking like Calais, as the freeloaders 'migrants' never want to stay in Scotland, but to head south for the bright lights as soon as possible.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:32 pm

Britain Elects
‏@britainelects
Scottish independence poll:
Yes: 39%
No: 47%
(via BMG / 28 Sep - 04 Oct)
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:29 pm

Scenes at the SNP conference as some delegates dare to defy the Party line:

Philip Sim ‏@BBCPhilipSim 6h6 hours ago
Delegate Robert Martin announces he voted Leave, apparently in response to a tweet by @JamieRoss7. Dead silence in the conference hall

Nick Eardley ‏@nickeardleybbc 6h6 hours ago
Bedlam in main hall as speakers try to oppose the motion on Brexit. One man shouting "fix" at chair.

Some members are unhappy that theres no speaker directly against the motion. Chair claims no cards lodged for that; bit of heckling going on

"The blockage is complete!" the man cries as he leaves the stage. Another old chap comes up with another complaint. He's also sent away

A couple of SNP members raising points of order unhappy they don't get to speak against resolution. They've turned the mic off on this chap

AFTER BREXIT - Page 23 CuvQNyRWEAAOjnU

Bear in mind that the turnout was very low up here, and over a million Scots voted Leave - it's estimated that at least a third of them were (now formerly) SNP supporters.

Each and every one of whom has been insulted from the platform today.

There's something very dodgy about the SNP bosses' EU-worship, in the opinion of myself and a good few others.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:42 pm

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14803852.SNP_establishment_survives_members__39__rebellion_over_independence_strategy/?ref=mr&lp=7

One SNP member, Robert Martin, said he had proudly voted for Brexit and added: "Many of my fellow Scots also voted leave amongst 17 million others. [The motion] ignores totally the rest of the UK in trading terms and therefore doesn't address the economic risks of disrupting our relationship with the rest of the UK in order to pursue our relationship with a smaller export market in the rest of Europe.

"For those of you arguing we are being dragged away from Europe I just want to remind you of some of the terminology of some of the European presidents who came to give their view on the first independence referendum... They weren't exactly putting the welcome mat out for us, they were trying to slam the door in our faces.

"Let's try to understand and re-examine what our relationship with the EU should be before we hang it round the success or otherwise of a second independence referendum."

He lost. He was ignored, just like the other million+ Scots who voted Leave.

IMO, the SNP is liable to come totally unstuck over their EU-worship, particularly their obsession with Germany. They seem to be ignoring the disaster that a previous flirtation with Germany caused the party right at the very start...

AFTER BREXIT - Page 23 Arthur%2BDonaldsob

Was Arthur Donaldson some kind of Nazi? No, of course not! Did he hope to cut deals with Nazi Germany to get back at Perfidious Albion? Yes, he did.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:57 pm

AFTER BREXIT - Page 23 Cu6tOAAXgAAMY_Y

Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:18 pm

Oh no!! Pcorneater
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:39 am

UK Jews seek restoration of German citizenship post-Brexit
LONDON (AP) — Thomas Harding is doing what other descendants of Holocaust victims would find unimaginable: applying for a German passport. When Britain voted to leave the European Union in June, the 48-year-old author had to make a decision that was never necessary in a borderless Europe — should he request the restoration of German citizenship stripped from his family by the Third Reich? He needed only a few hours to make up his mind.
https://www.mail.com/int/news/uk/4677870-uk-jews-seek-restoration-german-citizenship-post-b.html#.1258-stage-hero1-1
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:48 am

I will be quite honest, LL, I would be more worried about the open anti-semitism of Merkel's house guests, but it is not a situation that applies to me, so I can't really judge.

I do think that, five years from now, the UK having staggered through its usual fudge and disorganisation, while the EU sinks ever deeper into real crisis and chaos, a British passport could be a very good thing to have.

Time will tell, as ever.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:28 pm

AFTER BREXIT - Page 23 CvFOQkiWIAADI0J

Oh, that poor little boy! What horrors must he have endured in, er, France, to have aged so dramatically!
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:12 pm

mad mad mad
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:24 pm

Speaking of anti-semitism...

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/723283/Nicola-Sturgeon-embroiled-in-holocaust-jibe-row-amid-SNP-Nazi-scandal

Nicola Sturgeon embroiled in holocaust jibe row amid SNP Nazi scandal

FIRST Minister Nicola Sturgeon's SNP has been attacked over an 'offensive' reference to the holocaust at the party's conference.

By SIOBHAN MCFADYEN
PUBLISHED: 10:27, Thu, Oct 20, 2016 | UPDATED: 10:56, Thu, Oct 20, 2016

And she has been accused of allowing a supporter to insult the Jewish community after an incredibly ill-judged stunt to highlight immigration.

Australian national Gregg Brain was invited to speak at the SNP party conference in Glasgow regarding his immigration status and did so wearing a yellow badge with the letter 'F' on it.

But the shocking reference to a Nazi badge system that was used to identify Jews in concentration camps in WWII, immediately sparked a storm of protest online.

AFTER BREXIT - Page 23 Sturgeon-723283
...full saga at link.

I freely admit I cannot STAND the Brains, with their endless scrounging, and manipulation. It will come as a surprise to no-one to learn that, in between being cruelly persecuted Rolling Eyes , they have also found time to be SNP activists. Indeed, I sometimes wonder if there are any actual Scots in the SNP these days...

Brain claimed the 'F' stood for 'foreigner'. I am sure people can guess which other words beginning with F equally apply.....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 36 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29 ... 36  Next