JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
General Election 2017 - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
General Election 2017 - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
General Election 2017 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
General Election 2017 - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
General Election 2017 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
General Election 2017 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
General Election 2017 - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
General Election 2017 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
General Election 2017 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

General Election 2017

5 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

General Election 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: General Election 2017

Post  Lamplighter Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:18 pm

Did you see the Poisonous Dwarf, aka Sturgeon, giving her speech earlier? She has the gall to call the Tories and Mrs May arrogant!! LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:18 pm

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. What a shock that was. But at least with a Hung Parliament no one gets to do as they please.

I did however laugh when someone pointed out that Brexit has to go ahead because Article 50 has already been invoked.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:49 pm

Lamplighter wrote:Did you see the Poisonous Dwarf, aka Sturgeon, giving her speech earlier?  She has the gall to call the Tories and Mrs May arrogant!!    LL

I saw her, didn't hear her - I muted her, I've heard it all before, she's like a stuck record.

It's HER arrogance and incompetence which has caused this, and she is incapable of facing reality. She's got a big problem, though - her chum Salmond suddenly has time on his hands, and is liable to be looking for his old job back...

But at least with a Hung Parliament no one gets to do as they please.

Exactly, Sabot - they are sometimes better for us plebs, as the politicians can't ride roughshod over us.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:33 pm

Agent P‏ @AgentP22 32m32 minutes ago
More
Carlsberg don't do newspaper headlines, but if they did...

General Election 2017 - Page 2 DB4YM2fXoAAoKjb

And then he lost his seat. rofl rofl
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:41 pm

addington Ewart‏ @mik61scot 7h7 hours ago
More
Replying to @Grinbins @jackwicked1 @FraserWhyte81
"Unexpectedly unemployed couple seek gainful employment-anything considered-even Scottish Parliament"

General Election 2017 - Page 2 DB3GhJjUAAAZQFT

rofl rofl rofl

The long-suffering Mrs Salmond will be especially disappointed at the result - she'll have Eck underfoot all day, spouting conspiracy theories and plotting his triumphal return....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:27 pm

May keeping key Cabinet members in place

LONDON (AP) — Britain's Prime Minister Theresa May's office says several key Cabinet members will keep their jobs following a disastrous election which left the party short of a majority in parliament.

May kept in place Treasury chief Philip Hammond; Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson; Home Secretary Amber Rudd; Defense Secretary Michael Fallon and David Davis, who is charge of negotiations to leave the European Union.

Hammond in particular had been rumored for an exit in the event of victory, but the election result limited May's options for maneuver. May plans to work with Northern Ireland's Democratic Unionist Party to muster a voting majority.
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:57 pm

Lamplighter wrote:May keeping key Cabinet members in place

LONDON (AP) — Britain's Prime Minister Theresa May's office says several key Cabinet members will keep their jobs following a disastrous election which left the party short of a majority in parliament.

May kept in place Treasury chief Philip Hammond; Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson; Home Secretary Amber Rudd; Defense Secretary Michael Fallon and David Davis, who is charge of negotiations to leave the European Union.

Hammond in particular had been rumored for an exit in the event of victory, but the election result limited May's options for maneuver. May plans to work with Northern Ireland's Democratic Unionist Party to muster a voting majority.

Jesus Christ, I despair. I will definitely not be paying in excess of 100 Pounds to renew my Passport when it runs out this year.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:50 pm

Good, innit, Sabot? Just remember at all times, Her Maj is our Head of State, not some lying politician. And the civil servants do all the work anyway.

Should be even better when it sinks in with the Corbynistas that Jezza lost, and they won't be getting any Free Stuff from the magic money tree.

Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:57 pm

bb1 wrote:Good, innit, Sabot? Just remember at all times, Her Maj is our Head of State, not some lying politician. And the civil servants do all the work anyway.

Should be even better when it sinks in with the Corbynistas that Jezza lost, and they won't be getting any Free Stuff from the magic money tree.

Pcorneater

I can only look back in bemusement and wonder why I clung to my home country for so long hen I can't remember the last time I felt like visiting.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:03 pm

I would love to have been a fly on the wall when Corbyn realised he got so close and yet the prize wasn't to be his. LL Hahau Hahau rofl rofl
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:16 pm

My money's on his Red Army of 'youth' idiots rioting when reality dawns, LL.

Meanwhile, the biggest winner from last night's cabaret:

General Election 2017 - Page 2 Ruth-tank

No, none of that is photoshopped, Ms Davidson is utterly fearless, be it tanks, water buffalo, or telling Sturgeon to Sit Down! in Holyrood when Queen Nikla tried to start one of her stairheid rammies.

There's a lot of chatter about Ruth leading the UK Tories, but I just don't see it. She very cleverly separated the Scots Tories from May's clusterf-ck, and I doubt if the Tory Establishment would get on with her.

She seems far happier rescuing Scotland from the death grip of Queen Nikla, and having a normal life with her fiancee, as no-one here cares about her private life. She also gets to tramp around with muddy spaniels in her free time, without any hassle.

General Election 2017 - Page 2 TELEMMGLPICT000131283825-small_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqWZZ9520Qrn8RyVs0byqFfxGByaeD6X80N28ho092CK4

No, I doubt if the constraints of London hold much appeal. Worth nothing that unlike a lot of them, Ruth has had real jobs working with real people.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:39 pm

And they're off!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3766324/general-election-2017-downing-street-protest-theresa-may-lily-allen/?CMP=Spklr-_-Editorial-_-SunPolitics-_-Politics-_-TwImageandlink-_-Statement-_-TWITTER

General Election 2017 - Page 2 Nintchdbpict000330320905

PROTESTERS have gathered this evening outside Downing Street to stage an anti-Theresa May demonstration – despite the Tory win.

Demonstrators chanting with megaphones have been joined by Lily Allen as they refuse to accept the Conservative win, which left the country with a hung parliament.

Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:04 pm

General Election 2017 - Page 2 DB6DvF3XcAEn2e0

Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:05 pm

General Election 2017 - Page 2 DB6GXxCWsAAZBWY

Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:42 am

'This is bad, it's worse than bad': Knives out for Theresa May after exit poll predicts a disastrous night for the Tories.

Theresa May is facing a mounting backlash over her "catastrophic" election campaign from her own party.

Senior Conservatives said that she had made "fundamental strategic errors" and said that her closest aides should be "banished" from Downing Street.

They complained that the campaign had been centred around a "cult of personality" and "central control", adding: "It has completely blown up in our face".

One senior Tory told The Telegraph: "This is bad, it's worse than bad. Her advisers should walk out of the door now never to return, regardless of the final result. They should be banished forever.

"Can she hang on? She [Theresa] has zero credibility if this exit poll is correct.

"The very best we can get tonight is to end up where we were. The cult of personality and central control has completely blown up in our face."

Pro-European Tories were last night already plotting to use any fall in the Tories vote to change the party's direction over Brexit.

One MP said: "Brexit has taken over the party. We need to get back to core issues like the economy and security".

George Osborne, the former Chancellor who was sacked by Mrs May, said that if the exit poll is accurate she would not survive.

He said: "I worked very well with Theresa May and I think she has intelligence and integrity.

"Clearly if she’s got a worse result than two years ago and is almost unable to form a government then she I doubt will survive in the long term as Conservative party leader."

He later added: "She called the election to strengthen her hand, there will be two questions Conservative MPs are considering right now.

"Can we get into Government and second has Theresa May lost this election? I would remind you of the leaflet that was put through so many doors...in her name ... if I lose six seats I lose this election."

Mr Osborne, who has been described as a "Metropolitan Tory", suggested that the party needs to stop chasing Ukip voters.   More at link.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/08/bad-worse-bad-knives-theresa-may-exit-poll-predicts-disaster/
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:40 am

Be afraid, be very afraid - talk is gaining momentum that there will be ANOTHER general election before the end of the year ....   LL  Eek affraid Hide

(Edited for rather a lot of typos. LL)

Last edited by Lamplighter on Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:46 am

Please God, NOOOOOOOOOOO! Crying or Very sad
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:03 am

bb1 wrote:Please God, NOOOOOOOOOOO! Crying or Very sad
Him Up There's not listening .... LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:26 pm

Breakingnews Nick Timothy, one of May's closest advisors, has resigned, which will be music to the ears of most Tories.   LL
Nick Timothy is a special adviser and co-chief of staff to prime minister Theresa May.

He previously was chief of staff and speechwriter to May when she was secretary of state for the Home Office and minister for women and equality, and served in her team from 2010 to 2015 general election.

Timothy is described as 'fiercely loyal', 'not popular in the Home Office' and as 'rabid and an attack dog'.
ETA   It appears the other close advisor, Fiona Hill, has also fallen on her sword.  
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2017/jun/10/general-election-2017-theresa-may-team-dup-live?page=with:block-593bd105e4b0be3ed1924ef5

Last edited by Lamplighter on Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:37 pm

Not surprising - that was one of the worst manifestos I have ever seen.

Theresa will take your house if you get dementia v. Jezza will give you loads of luvverly Free Stuff? Not to mention bringing back fox-hunting - utter madness! If Labour had been led by someone more trustworthy, they would have won hands down, IMO.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:21 pm

Interesting insight on the two ex-advisors.    LL
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/40232154
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:29 pm

The PM made a defiant statement outside Downing Street before giving an interview hours later in which expressed regret for the Conservative candidates who had lost and promised to "reflect" on the result.
It has been reported that the second statement came after being told to do so by senior MPs.
Ms Perrior added: "If you are not this great communicator who is on to the phone this morning telling candidates 'I am sorry or I want to work with you in future, come with me' then you hire people who do that for you."
"I am afraid she did not have those qualities herself but she did not hire people who had them either."

That's a very good point. It actually didn't bother me that much that May tends to be rather wooden, she's PM, not a contestant on a talent show, but her inner circle seem to have been just as bad.

Did they try out that manifesto on anyone, by, say, going into a pub, letting people read it and watching how they reacted? I don't think they can have, or it would never have seen daylight.

And the terrorist attacks made a nonsense of the Strong and Stable mantra.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:08 pm

Ousted Tory Housing Minister Gavin Barwell who lost Croydon seat to Labour appointed Theresa May’s chief of staff.

Barwell, 45, had been elected in 2010 and was promoted to Minister of State for Housing and Planning under Mrs May.

But, he lost his seat to Sarah Jones in Thursday's General Election, with the Labour candidate gaining a 5,652 vote majority.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/815543/Election-2017-Theresa-May-new-chief-of-staff-Gavin-Barwell-housing-minister-lost-seat
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:38 pm

He sounds like a winner./sarc.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:52 pm

bb1 wrote:He sounds like a winner./sarc.
He was MP for Croydon from 2010 to last week, not a bad record, considering. Others have lasted less in a marginal seat. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next