JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
SUN ON SUNDAY LAUNCHING SOON EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
SUN ON SUNDAY LAUNCHING SOON EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
SUN ON SUNDAY LAUNCHING SOON EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
SUN ON SUNDAY LAUNCHING SOON EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
SUN ON SUNDAY LAUNCHING SOON EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
SUN ON SUNDAY LAUNCHING SOON EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
SUN ON SUNDAY LAUNCHING SOON EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
SUN ON SUNDAY LAUNCHING SOON EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
SUN ON SUNDAY LAUNCHING SOON EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

SUN ON SUNDAY LAUNCHING SOON

4 posters

Go down

SUN ON SUNDAY LAUNCHING SOON Empty SUN ON SUNDAY LAUNCHING SOON

Post  bb1 Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:16 pm

http://news.sky.com/home/politics/article/16171702

Murdoch: Sun On Sunday Paper Coming 'Soon'

Rupert Murdoch has told staff at The Sun that a new Sunday paper, 'The Sun On Sunday', will be launched "very soon".

The News Corporation chairman is in the UK to take charge of the latest crisis involving one of his titles.
He addressed staff at The Sun's offices in Wapping, east London, on Friday morning following the arrest of 10 current and former reporters and executives at the paper over alleged corrupt payments to public officials.
There has been increasing speculation that a Sunday version of the tabloid would be published after the closure of sister paper the News Of The World last summer over the phone-hacking scandal.
In an email ahead of a meeting he confirmed that the new paper was in the pipeline, and sought to reassure Sun employees of his commitment to the tabloid.
"I am confident we will get through this together and emerge stronger," he wrote.
He said he was lifting the suspensions of all Sun staff who had been arrested.
"We are doing everything we can to assist those who were arrested - all suspensions are hereby lifted until or whether charged and they are welcome to return to work," the email said.

"News Corporation will cover their legal expenses. Everyone is innocent unless proven otherwise."
Mr Murdoch also said the company would obey the law and assist the police.
He said he would ensure "all appropriate steps are taken to protect legitimate journalistic privilege and sources, which I know are essential for all of you to do your jobs".

However he added: "But we cannot protect people who have paid public officials."
Mr Murdoch travelled to the UK in a private jet on Thursday night and has told his staff he will be staying in London for several weeks to offer "unwavering support".
Earlier this month, five Sun journalists were arrested in dawn raids in connection with alleged corrupt payments to public officials. Five others were arrested in November.
Some staff have expressed anger that News Corporation's Management Standards Committee, established during the phone-hacking scandal, gave officers the information that prompted the arrests.
Sources have described a "witch hunt" against the newspaper.
On Monday, Trevor Kavanagh, associate editor of The Sun, said: "There is unease about the way some of the best journalists in Fleet Street have ended up being arrested on evidence which the MSC has handed to the police."
At the weekend Tom Mockridge, chief executive of News International, the division of News Corp that publishes The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times, said Mr Murdoch had personally told him of his "total commitment to continue to own and publish" the The Sun.
The News Of The World closed last July after it emerged the mobile phone belonging to murdered schoolgirl Milly Dowler had been hacked.
Michelle Stanistreet, the general secretary of the National Union of Journalists, said she had already been approached by some Sun staff for support.
She has criticised claims the MSC identified confidential sources to detectives.
Michael Wolff, a biographer of Mr Murdoch, told Sky's Adam Boulton he did not believe News International would ever produce a Sunday version of The Sun - because "outside events are in its way".
News Corporation owns a 39% stake in BSkyB, which owns Sky News.

=====

Now, what was all that about the Sun being 'doomed' for supporting Madeleine and her family?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

SUN ON SUNDAY LAUNCHING SOON Empty Re: SUN ON SUNDAY LAUNCHING SOON

Post  Sabot Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:38 pm

Personally I only read The Sun if I feel like reading something stupid and salacious, but it was always par the course that it would go "Sunday" for it's many intelechool supporters of The NOTW. All of the other Tabloids do both, so why not The Sun?
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:03 pm

With all the predictability of sunrise, the hounders have started ranting....

Here it is....and the flock of sheep will be buying it in their droves. Back to square one again and Murdoch and co getting away with it like nothing ever happened..the same will not be happening to the mccanns

Do you suppose they will ever manage to come to terms with reality? Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  greenink211 Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:13 pm

bb1 wrote:With all the predictability of sunrise, the hounders have started ranting....

Here it is....and the flock of sheep will be buying it in their droves. Back to square one again and Murdoch and co getting away with it like nothing ever happened..the same will not be happening to the mccanns

I have it on good authority (somebody on twitter) that the McCanns actually begged Mr Murdoch on behalf of their bezzy mate Rebekah for him to bring this new paper. Apparently (and this is more than just gossip cos my internet mate thinks it might be true) Mr Murdoch is thinking of making Rebekah Brooks editor of the new Sunday Sun. They already have Tony Blair as a guest columnist according to a blog and are trying to get Clarence Mitchell to be Royal Correspondent. Thats what my mate on twitter said and she would never lie as this is so serious.

greenink211
greenink211
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:25 pm

greenink211 wrote:
bb1 wrote:With all the predictability of sunrise, the hounders have started ranting....

I have it on good authority (somebody on twitter) that the McCanns actually begged Mr Murdoch on behalf of their bezzy mate Rebekah for him to bring this new paper. Apparently (and this is more than just gossip cos my internet mate thinks it might be true) Mr Murdoch is thinking of making Rebekah Brooks editor of the new Sunday Sun. They already have Tony Blair as a guest columnist according to a blog and are trying to get Clarence Mitchell to be Royal Correspondent. Thats what my mate on twitter said and she would never lie as this is so serious.

I buleeve youse. And Rupert Murdoch is my long lost Father, so I know. My Daddy would never lie to me. And I'm getting to do the Moderating so none of that lot will ever get another Post printed.

PS. Do people actually Comment on The Sun Articles? Apart from, "I hate Katy Price" that is.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:29 pm

They do, actually....quite a lot of them actually praise Ms Price...

They'll be able to do a lot more in the Sunday ones, maybe Antonella could do a regular supplement about trolls and such-like?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:54 pm

bb1 wrote:They do, actually....quite a lot of them actually praise Ms Price...

They'll be able to do a lot more in the Sunday ones, maybe Antonella could do a regular supplement about trolls and such-like?

Really? Good heavens. But you have to admit that Katy Price is quite good at making money while making a tit of herself. Personally, I wonder how she doesn't fall flat on her face. But I expect I'm jealous of her big boobs. I do hope they don't burst.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:48 pm

SUN ON SUNDAY LAUNCHING SOON 16173209

Launching next Sunday.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  greenink211 Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:14 am

bb1 wrote:SUN ON SUNDAY LAUNCHING SOON 16173209

Launching next Sunday.

Am thinking maybe this is the paper that is going to hound the hounders. This is the paper that is going to want to show just how clean it is. This is the paper that is going to want to show just how nasty some people can be online and offline. And what story could they have been preparing in the background?

Oh I know. One all about those nasty people who post hate abuse to Rebekah's bezzy mates.

More seriously, this is where much of the exposure of online hate and abuse is likely to appear. There has been a great deal of research going on at the Sun and salacious stories like people abusing the parents of a missing child are going to be big money spinners. Look for your neighbour type stories.

Watch that space. It could be VERY INTERESTING.
greenink211
greenink211
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:42 am

More about the launch here:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4139982/The-Sun-next-Sunday.html

Yes, I can think of one or two people who are not going to be happy about this.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:17 am

Wouldn't it be nice if they told who leaked/sold Kate's diary? Pcorneater
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:54 pm

Huntter8 @Huntter8 Reply Retweet Favorite ยท Open
#mccann Rumour has it there will be a McCann-related story in the new Sunday Sun. The journalist allegedly sniffing around Twitter right now

Wouldn't be at all surprised biggrin

Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:01 pm

That would be quite a sensational start, don't you think? biggrin Pcorneater
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:08 pm

It would indeed, and get the new publication off to a flying start, maybe make up a bit for that dreadful business with the diary that somehow escaped from the PJ... Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:28 pm

It would be one way of setting things straight. Pcorneater
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:59 pm

First view of it, from Sky:

SUN ON SUNDAY LAUNCHING SOON 16177093

The new Sun on Sunday - the successor to the News Of The World - has rolled off the presses for the first time. Its splash is an exclusive interview with Britain's Got Talent judge Amanda Holden, the first after the birth of her daughter. It is headlined 'My Heart Stopped For 40 Seconds' and is accompanied by a picture of Holden cradling her daughter, Hollie. The paper held here by Sky's Niall Paterson is hot off the presses - a close-up image will follow shortly.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  greenink211 Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:04 am

I can't find the article about Pat Brown the antis had all set their hopes on.
Seems she failed to get noticed even by this rag. Shame.
greenink211
greenink211
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:48 am

Well, why would they be interested in a middle-aged crime gossip, whose less than stellar 'career' is on the skids in the States, and is a nonentity in Europe?

It has been funny to watch them getting their hopes up yet again, with much tick-tocking, only for cruel reality to cause the usual tears before bedtime.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:02 pm

Personally I doubt that The British or European Press are even aware of her existence. And her latest efforts aren't going to change that.
You just can't get the fan base these days, unless she's prepared to ski naked down an avalanche. That might produce some brief attention.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down