JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 19 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 19 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 19 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 19 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 19 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 19 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 19 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found!

+3
greenink211
lily
bb1
7 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 19 Empty Re: Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found!

Post  Lamplighter Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:51 am

Dem bones equals mucho £££££££££££££ and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Richard has become a marketing item. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 19 Empty Re: Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found!

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:56 am

Yes, I've seen some truly tacky merchandise cashing in on His Grace....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:13 pm

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 19 Richard_iii_twin_duvet

Richard III double duvet cover, to ensure your dreams are haunted....

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 19 Richard_iii_nexus_s_phone_case

Phone cover, to make sure you don't miss any calls from the Great Beyond....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:25 pm

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 19 Richard_iii_put_the_king_in_parking_tshirt-r8d30ee6da96f47ebaa0da61bfcdcd4cd_va6lr_324

It makes the interpretative cake look almost regal...

ETA, all the memorabilia you could possibly want...

http://www.zazzle.co.uk/richard+iii+gifts

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 19 Richard_iii_pregnancy_congratulations_card-r1561fe227915479fb9ac075f5f298b07_xvuat_8byvr_324

What mum-to-be wouldn't be thrilled!
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:37 pm

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 19 Team_henry_vii_button-r1021f7416d4d48fd970f3feb884f97ea_x7j3i_8byvr_324

Can't see too many snapping that up, though doubtless David Starkey has one.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:15 pm

And as you say, York already has Vikings and Romans; I suspect Richard would simply be added to the tourist trail, rather than occupying a unique place in Leicester?

That would be a good in that RIII would be THE tourist draw. He could view his late day subjects appreciating him from his 500 year plus vantage point.

Oh, I did think the Par king bit on the t-shirt witty. rofl rofl rofl 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:22 pm

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 19 R3card10

That card's a bit spooky - I've been unnerved by the whole coming-back-after-centuries business after I watched Sleepy Hollow last night......
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:37 pm

What would be really spooky is if Richard looked like Johnny Depp.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:41 pm

I found it quite worrying enough that the bloke who just played Richard turned out to look like Richard.....affraid 
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:48 pm

lily wrote:What would be really spooky is if Richard looked like Johnny Depp.
Yuck!! LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:56 pm

Oliver Reed played Richard as Duke of Gloster in a 1959 BBC serial called 'The Golden Spur'. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:05 pm

bb1 wrote:I found it quite worrying enough that the bloke who just played Richard turned out to look like Richard.....affraid 
Oh yes. Forgot about that and yes he did. rofl 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:07 pm

There doesn't seem to be many photos of that role, LL.

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 19 OR02c

I think he's overdone the brooding a bit....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:10 pm

Lamplighter wrote:Oliver Reed played Richard as Duke of Gloster in a 1959 BBC serial called 'The Golden Spur'.  LL
He was a good actor LL. Shame that he was alcoholic though.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:26 pm

That resemblance was uncanny....

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 19 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqt-fgit1Nx07eSym6JVsu97OSO9mMh94MMzBaei1yANCHeWRmDw

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 19 Richard-III-face
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:43 pm

bb1 wrote:There doesn't seem to be many photos of that role, LL.

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 19 OR02c

I think he's overdone the brooding a bit....
I think that's him as Sir Daniel in Black Arrow, Richard was clean-shaven.  The Golden Spur was one of his very early roles.   I have only ever seen one pic and that was in the Radio Times while the series was running.    It was, as I remember, his first major role, he was just 21.   LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:47 pm

Ah right, that makes sense, LL, it does fit better.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:43 am

...And a copy of The King's Grave has just clattered through my letterbox. It's been quite heavily advertised, so I thought it might be worth a read. It seems to blend the King in the car park story with actual history.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:56 pm

"Some of the comments you see from York are just vicious. My wife has stopped going on Facebook now because it was getting really personal – she was being called a witch and other nasty things."

Read more: http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Richard-III-39-000-signatures-king-s-remains/story-19925242-detail/story.html#ixzz2hVYfcu00
Follow us: @thisisleics on Twitter | thisisleicestershire on Facebook

That Beaufort woman at it again? Plus ça change....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:20 pm

rofl rofl rofl 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:43 pm

So, I've quickly read the book once, it's not bad at all. I'll leave people like LL who understand the history of it all better than me to judge that, but it did seem pretty sound. I did appreciate the way it went quite heavily into Why? and wasn't just a string of dates, without any motivation.

The modern stuff about the dig is fascinating, and explains a lot of the current arguments. A vast improvement on Ms Gregory's efforts, I'd say.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:10 pm

His Grace's supporters are in London today:

Richard III: King campaign taken to No 10
Trusted article source icon
Monday, October 14, 2013Profile image for Leicester MercuryLeicester MercuryFollow
By Staff reporter

The Mercury was due to present thousands of signatures at 10 Downing Street this afternoon, capping a six-week campaign to bolster a petition in favour of reinterring Richard III in Leicester.
Reporter Peter Warzynski was to be joined by county MPs who have backed Leicester Cathedral as the final resting place for the monarch.

Read more: http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Richard-III-King-campaign-taken-10/story-19929721-detail/story.html#ixzz2hh3eZa5Y
Follow us: @thisisleics on Twitter | thisisleicestershire on Facebook

I have this vision of Cameron with his head in his hands, moaning, Why me? biggrin 
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:47 pm

I don't imagine Maggie would have a problem?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:53 pm

No, I suspect she would have told all concerned to get His Grace reburied properly, with full ceremonies, ASAP.

Cameron probably thinks history only started when the ipod was invented.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:15 pm

Good one! rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next