JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
T'was only a matter of time..... - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
T'was only a matter of time..... - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
T'was only a matter of time..... - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
T'was only a matter of time..... - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
T'was only a matter of time..... - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
T'was only a matter of time..... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
T'was only a matter of time..... - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
T'was only a matter of time..... - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
T'was only a matter of time..... - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

T'was only a matter of time.....

+3
lily
bb1
Jean-Pierre.t50
7 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

T'was only a matter of time..... - Page 2 Empty Re: T'was only a matter of time.....

Post  bb1 Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:20 pm

http://www.express.co.uk/comment/columnists/richard-and-judy/521453/Richard-and-Judy-on-The-Pride-of-Britain-Awards-ghost-sightings-and-Twitter-trolls

Trolls, mad or bad, are just sadists

R: There may be surprisingly clear answers to the conundrum that was Brenda Leyland the likeable, church-going pillar of her community who was outed by Sky News as a pernicious troll.

Days later she was found dead in a hotel room.

We await the inquest but suicide is widely predicted to be the coroner’s recorded verdict.

Poor, damaged woman.

The more that becomes known about the 63-year-old, who sent a vast number of poisonous tweets to Kate and Gerry McCann, the less we seem able to understand her motives. H

ow could such a sociable, pleasant person – interested in gardening, quizzes, running the annual village scarecrow competition – be the author of persecuting tweets such as: “To Kate and Gerry, you will be hated by millions for the rest of your evil, conniving lives, have a nice day!” or: “You can move to France, any where [sic] but Social media is everywhere! our memories are long. Maddie deserves it.”

Psychiatrist Dr Raj Persaud has been examining new research into what motivates trolls, jointly published by the Universities of Manitoba, Winnipeg and British Columbia.

It makes fascinating reading.

More than 1,200 respondents completed personality tests on their internet-commenting behaviour.

The results were startlingly clear: trolls don’t merely paddle in the shallows of this dark art.

They dive deep. Why? Because a troll fits almost to perfection the accepted psychological profile of a sadist.

They derive huge pleasure in causing pain in others and become addicted to it.

“The study concludes that trolls aren’t just a group who ‘dabble’ in this a bit before moving on to more innocuous internet activities,” Persaud writes. “They are in the grip of a real and dark psychological phenomenon.”

Dominating that profile is sadism. But trolls also score highly for being extremely manipulative, plus something I’ve never heard of but is apparently elementary stuff in psychiatry.

It’s called “subclinical psychopathy”. That translates in layman’s terms to: “Payback needs to be quick and nasty.”

So trolls are sadistic and manipulative and lean to the psychopathic in that they have little empathy for the pain of others.

A pretty toxic mix of screw-ups, eh? The study is entitled Trolls Just Want To Have Fun but it makes it clear that trolls want to have that fun strictly in secret.

No one is to know what they get up to when like Brenda Leyland they sit alone behind their computer screens, obsessively tapping away at the keyboard.

Leyland could send more than 50 tweets to Kate and Gerry in a single day, sometimes beginning at 7am and continuing until midnight.

Even on Christmas Eve. (Except it’s not a case of “even on” is it? The very fact it was Christmas Eve would add an extra, satisfying twist to Leyland’s knife.)

This desire for anonymity and secrecy is common to trolls because they are not narcissistic. They aren’t doing it for the glory or even the notoriety. They’re doing it for their own private pleasure. That explains why Leyland was horrified to be exposed.

So the Canadian joint university study is timely. It seems to me that its findings give an almost perfect psychological explanation for Leyland’s bizarre behaviour and place it in a context we can understand.

As to the question of whether such people are bad or just very ill the report is moot. Psychiatry is almost always morally neutral.

One footnote to this sad affair: criticism of Martin Brunt, the Sky reporter who confronted Leyland, is utterly unjustified. It was a completely legitimate story and he conducted himself scrupulously. I’m sure he was as shocked as anyone to hear of her demise. The man doesn’t have a crystal ball.

Some villagers think their neighbour was overwhelmed by the thought of prosecution. One said: “She was a proud, very bright, articulate and upstanding lady and the thought of a prison sentence hanging over her would have devastated her. Sadly she couldn’t live with herself.”

With police promising vigorous action against internet abusers, trolls everywhere should be thinking very, very hard about what they do.

Brenda Leyland is a dreadful warning to them all.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

T'was only a matter of time..... - Page 2 Empty Re: T'was only a matter of time.....

Post  greenink211 Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:44 pm

These descriptions of trolling are not just opinion either. Plenty of cited references here.

http://scottbarrykaufman.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/trolls-just-want-to-have-fun.pdf
greenink211
greenink211
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:51 pm

They are not going to like being called Sadists. But that's what they are.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  greenink211 Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:58 pm

Sabot wrote:They are not going to like being called Sadists.  But that's what they are.

In my view, which is based on personal observations rather than statistical research, they are not simply sadists.

They are SADISTIC, COWARDLY BULLIES who, when confronted and challenged, crumple and collapse. Bennett is the perfect example.

There should be no pandering to cowardly, sadistic bullies. They should be confronted whereever they lurk whether it is as thugs in the toilets at school or trolls on the internet.
greenink211
greenink211
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:09 pm

greenink211 wrote:
Sabot wrote:They are not going to like being called Sadists.  But that's what they are.

In my view, which is based on personal observations rather than statistical research, they are not simply sadists.

They are SADISTIC, COWARDLY BULLIES who, when confronted and challenged, crumple and collapse. Bennett is the perfect example.

There should be no pandering to cowardly, sadistic bullies. They should be confronted whereever they lurk whether it is as thugs in the toilets at school or trolls on the internet.

Couldn't agree more. Exposing them would be enough for me. And one way or the other, Brenda Leyland was going to be exposed. Now let's just get on with the rest of them.

Has Twitter gone a bit quiet, by the way?
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:16 pm

Dom Joly ‏@domjoly 3h3 hours ago
@RosalindaHu @barneysacca you are nuts- totally fekcing nuts- not only that, you are tormenting parents who have lost a child- shame on you

Yup.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  greenink211 Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:23 pm

Sabot wrote:
greenink211 wrote:

Couldn't agree more.  Exposing them would be enough for me. And one way or the other, Brenda Leyland was going to be exposed.  Now let's just get on with the rest of them.

Has Twitter gone a bit quiet, by the way?

If I was in the mood I could do a comparison of tweeting rates from some time ago with the current rates on #McCann but not tonight. I am relaxing now. Maybe tomorrow.
greenink211
greenink211
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Jean-Pierre.t50 Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:36 pm

Dom Joly @domjoly · 10 mins 10 minutes ago

when you've tweeted 117,000 times it's just a hint that the social life is not going too well @RothleyPillow @RosalindaHu

Jean-Pierre.t50
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:46 pm

And that's not counting her deranged rants all over FB. Or the deranged rants when she was Coco/Midas/Jemmy/Judgemental and all her other heads.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:05 pm

Nick ‏@xxxxxFernxxxxx 3h3 hours ago
@MsLeFaye @1matthewwright1

Brenda Leyland was murdered ?? Where has this been confirmed ? #mccann
11:52 AM - 11 Oct 2014 · Details

It hasn't, and doubtless won't be. That, however, hasn't stopped the looneytunes hounders of accusing Ms Gurney of doing the supposed foul deed.....

Or maybe Brendas death was the plan all along, to scare off other investigators and to 'make an example' of, as Gerry Mccan said, thus giving the go ahead for more internet control. Maybe Pamela is a real fruit cake who, along with other fruit cakes, went all vigilante and finished Brenda off themselves.

Or maybe that shower of lunatics would, in less foolishly tolerant times, have been sectioned for the protection of decent members of society, instead of being given free rein on the internet to post the first thing that comes into their conspiraloon, worm-filled heads?

Yet they wonder why the media, etc., pays absolutely NO heed to any of their babblings. rofl rofl rofl rofl
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:22 pm

Oh, my bad, sometimes the media does pay attention to them. Sadly for the haters, though, it's never in a good way.....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/opinion/news-opinion/death-twitter-troll-brenda-leyland-4422995

Death of Twitter troll Brenda Leyland does not mean we shouldn't investigate online thugs

Oct 11, 2014 21:20
OPINION BY CAROLEMALONE
Sunday Mirror columnist Carole Malone says it is more important than ever that we expose vile online trolls for what they are

Brenda Leyland took her own life just days after she was confronted for posting abusive tweets about the McCanns.

Her death was tragic and shocking. But does it mean those hard core trolls who spew out lies and filth on Twitter should not now be exposed?

Surely it’s more urgent than ever because now we know trolling costs lives and it’s many victims now want the bullies reined in and in the worst cases prosecuted.

Because if we allow this tsunami of hatred on social media to continue there will be more deaths with victims AND abusers taking their own lives.

In my column last week I asked what had been going on in Brenda’s Leyland’s head – why for four years she had obsessively been tweeting vicious messages about Madeleine’s parents.

I asked was she sad or lonely or did she got some kind of twisted kick from hurting this broken family.

Only Brenda Leyland knows that. Only Brenda knows why she took her own life. Nothing I said impacted on her as she was dead long before my column was published.

But the fact remains the media has a bigger responsibility than ever to expose this kind of bullying and to try and minimise the harm these people do.

And so we have to balance tackling those who may be unstable with our duty to expose vile and totally unacceptable behaviour.

And it IS vile and totally unacceptable to threaten people’s lives and relentlessly abuse them.

Brenda Leyland didn’t threaten anyone’s life.

But this year alone it’s reported she sent 2,136 abusive tweets about Kate and Gerry McCann – some days up to 50. And since 2010 she’s sent a staggering 4,625 almost all of which were about them.

She knew that was wrong and she said she regretted it. And I believe she did because some trolls don’t connect the abuse they dish out anonymously on Twitter with real world or real people. But for their victims it’s devastating.

Brenda Leyland was catapulted into the public eye for just two days as a result of her tweets about the McCanns. But they have been hounded and viciously abused for SEVEN years. As have many others. Yet the trolls refuse to accept that’s wrong. They call their vicious missives “my opinion” when it’s actually online thuggery.

I’ve had a taste of that thuggery this week, the kind of depraved abuse the McCanns and others have been dealing with for years.

As a female journalist it goes with the territory. But it cannot be the case these bullies and cowards – often hiding behind false names – can terrorise people without legal consequences.

And as tragic as Brenda Leyland’s death is police and journalists cannot be expected NOT to confront those who have threatened murder or been vicious for fear they might kill themselves.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/opinion/news-opinion/death-twitter-troll-brenda-leyland-4422995#ixzz3FsxsYJzG
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  barbiecar Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:24 pm

Not too much sympathy from the media for Brenda Leyland, is there?

barbiecar
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:31 am

The Daily Mirror should know better than most about the on line thuggery. Theirs was the first serious Comments Section to come into being. And then closed several years ago, thank God, because they knew where it was fast heading.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:08 am

It's worth remembering just how many people in the media they've abused and insulted over the years; why they expect sympathy now, I do not know.

They'll have to content themselves with harpies like Poulton, and that horrible, attention-seeking woman with the big nose.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:18 am

I see the Express is showing all the care and attention to detail for which it has become notorious:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/169572/Mccann-troll-Brenda-Leyland-driven-to-suicide-after-twitter-death-threats

And fails to mention that that particular piece of garbage turned out to be an all-purpose lunatic seemingly from Hawaii, that sent vile abuse and threats to Muslims, celebs - just about anyone it decided to target. And had naff-all to do with 'mccann. We still await an explanation as to how the haters found those tweets in the first place.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:23 am

Forker:

I think it is imperative that the official record shows that Brenda did NOT address any of her messages to the McCanns as the media has stated.

Oh yes she did. She imagined that the McCanns were reading her rants and addressed some directly to the McCanns. And to Madeleine's brother and sister. mad

She also imagined that a witness was on #mccann, hurled disgusting abuse at the person, including calling her a prostitute, and cackled with glee when she imagined that she had scared that person.

They are, IMO, in for some nasty shocks at the full inquest.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  barbiecar Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:44 am

bb1 wrote:Forker:

I think it is imperative that the official record shows that Brenda did NOT address any of her messages to the McCanns as the media has stated.  

Oh yes she did. She imagined  that the McCanns were reading her rants and addressed some directly to the McCanns. And to Madeleine's brother and sister. mad

She also imagined that a witness was on #mccann, hurled disgusting abuse at the person, including calling her a prostitute, and cackled with glee when she imagined that she had scared that person.

They are, IMO, in for some nasty shocks at the full inquest.

Don't forget her trips to Rothely, when she voiced her opinion to anyone who'd listen.

barbiecar
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:55 am

I don't know why they're all blaming Brunt; they seem to be forgetting that not everyone has Sky News. However, the following day's tabloids would have told a pretty shocking story in the local shops. The haters should be paying more attention, IMO, to how disgusted her neighbours were, and stop inventing stupid conspiracy theories. Even though inventing stupid conspiracy theories is their obsession.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:01 am

They are attacking Brunt because he is the public face of Sky. Also, has he not changed his view of the McCanns, thus making him as evil as Bren? LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:15 am

The only place Brunt has 'views' on the McCanns is in their empty heads, LL. He's a crime reporter, not a commentator. In the early days, Amaral-PJ tricked him into broadcasting some false garbage and propaganda they'd concocted, which was hastily withdrawn.

They don't understand that he was REPORTING WHAT AMARAL-PJ HAD FED HIM. Brunt found out pretty quickly that it was a load of p*sh, but the stupid haters think he's 'changed sides'.

They also seem to forget that Sky had to close its forums, and stop taking all but the most carefully-vetted comments on stories because of them and the trash, garbage and general bile they spread everywhere they see an opening.

The media know all about the haters and their dirty tricks.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:26 am

Ah, thanks for clearing that up for me, bonny. I know the antis really hate him, I assumed it's because he appeared to have 'changed sides'. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:35 am

You know what they're like when the press and TV don't report stories to their satisfaction, LL. They are going to be ghastly when the coroner's court sits, and they hear material that doesn't fit with the scripts they've dreamed up in their conspiraloon minds.

They'll probably start 'researching' (stalking) the coroner, police, witnesses, etc, and accuse them all of being IN IT.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:39 am

They are going to be even more unhappy as the troll report was featured yesterday and again today on BB News Reporters, which is beamed to all the countries in the world - except N Korea and Iran of course! LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:47 am

I have NO idea about N. Korean media, LL, but I rather like PressTV - it may have it's own interesting take on things, but at least it's free of show-biz gossip, Miley Cyrus, and similiar trash.

Today's big UK news seems to be the sexting Tory MP. Ayatollahs don't sext! rofl
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:11 pm

Everything going to plan, then. The more important people they abuse then the better.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next