JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
LEYLAND INQUEST - SUICIDE VERDICT - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
LEYLAND INQUEST - SUICIDE VERDICT - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
LEYLAND INQUEST - SUICIDE VERDICT - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
LEYLAND INQUEST - SUICIDE VERDICT - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
LEYLAND INQUEST - SUICIDE VERDICT - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
LEYLAND INQUEST - SUICIDE VERDICT - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
LEYLAND INQUEST - SUICIDE VERDICT - Page 3 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
LEYLAND INQUEST - SUICIDE VERDICT - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
LEYLAND INQUEST - SUICIDE VERDICT - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

LEYLAND INQUEST - SUICIDE VERDICT

+2
Sabot
bb1
6 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

LEYLAND INQUEST - SUICIDE VERDICT - Page 3 Empty Re: LEYLAND INQUEST - SUICIDE VERDICT

Post  bb1 Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:30 pm

Liz Woods ‏@elizawoods 2h2 hours ago
@0bservr @skymartinbrunt Brenda's sons and family deserved answers.. Far more important than protecting a source! #mccann

Her family, most of whom wouldn't speak to her, have HAD answers, and private details are, frankly, no concern of hater trolls.

From what is in the public domain so far, I doubt if her family are entirely surprised that something like this has finally happened. They are probably horrified that it has turned into such a circus - they didn't even go to the inquest.

Does that sound like they're particularly upset?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

LEYLAND INQUEST - SUICIDE VERDICT - Page 3 Empty Re: LEYLAND INQUEST - SUICIDE VERDICT

Post  Lamplighter Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:34 pm

Citalopram is an anti-depressant.   Combined with alcohol it would have made her very irrational.   Add the helium andd the result was fatal.   LL

Some young people have thoughts about suicide when first taking an antidepressant. Your doctor will need to check your progress at regular visits while you are using citalopram. Your family or other caregivers should also be alert to changes in your mood or symptoms.

Report any new or worsening symptoms to your doctor, such as: mood or behavior changes, anxiety, panic attacks, trouble sleeping, or if you feel impulsive, irritable, agitated, hostile, aggressive, restless, hyperactive (mentally or physically), more depressed, or have thoughts about suicide or hurting yourself.

Last edited by Lamplighter on Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:39 pm

Quite frankly, LL, she would have been better employed turning off the TV and internet and taking her dog for a walk. Then going away somewhere like the Highlands with her dog till the whole thing was yesterday's chip paper, and Sky was back to discussing Kim Kardashian's backside.

Also - when she was speaking to Brunt on the phone, she still had the option to tell Sky NOT to broadcast it, unless they wanted a lawsuit. Instead, she gave them the go ahead.

That said, someone with her issues should never, ever have got involved with the haters and their lunacy in the first place, it was only ever going to end badly.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:42 pm

Irisheyes smiling ‏@LoveRandomleigh  2h2 hours ago
@KRotcepsni @PippaBrownp29 ann-Kristine was warned twice about her behaviour in the inquest and was told she would be removed #McCann

====

@19Barbara57  hand on heart twice she was told !! Kept sighing out loud and chuntering (loudly) under her breath #McCann

===

0 retweets 0 favorites
Reply  Retweet  Favorite
More
@PippaBrownp29 @KRotcepsni where is it ? Poulton wore jeans the stuffy hag

Last edited by bb1 on Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:45 pm

To give her her due, Brown has actually written a fairly sensible piece about the matter.

xxxxxxhttp://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/the-brenda-leyland-inquest-and-suicide.html
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

LEYLAND INQUEST - SUICIDE VERDICT - Page 3 Empty Sky News reporter 'devastated' at death of McCann Twitter troll

Post  bb1 Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:51 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11485538/Sky-News-reporter-devastated-at-death-of-McCann-Twitter-troll.html

Sky News reporter 'devastated' at death of McCann Twitter troll
Martin Brunt said conversations with Brenda Leyland had been cordial and that she had appeared 'very relaxed' about his report

By Victoria Ward2:10PM GMT 20 Mar 2015
A Sky News reporter has told an inquest he was “devastated” when he heard that an alleged internet "troll" accused of abusing the parents of Madeleine McCann had killed herself two days after he exposed her on television.
Crime correspondent Martin Brunt said Brenda Leyland had appeared “very relaxed” after he confronted her about alleged Twitter attacks on Kate and Gerry McCann
When the pair subsequently spoke on the phone, Mr Brunt said he explained what he would be reporting and that Mrs Leyland “was feeling better about it”.
“At the end of the conversation she said it was a pleasure to meet you,” he said.
“I said I hoped I hadn’t ruined her day which I considered very much a throwaway remark.
“I was out of the country when I was told that Brenda Leyland had been found dead. I was devastated and I still am and the enormity of what's happened will always be with me."
Mrs Leyland’s body was found in a hotel room in Leicester last October, two days after she featured in Mr Brunt’s report.
She had faced widespread condemnation after being exposed for posting thousands of messages on Twitter attacking the McCanns, whose daughter Madeleine disappeared in Portugal in 2007.

Mrs Leyland’s youngest son, Ben, disclosed that his mother had previously suffered with mental illness.
In a statement read to the coroner, he described his attempts to contact her in the wake of the report being broadcast on Sky.
“My mother had always struggled with depression and was prone to anxiety and physical health issues she had been told were effectively untreatable,” he said.
“There is no doubt in my mind that the Sky News interview was the final straw that pushed her to do what she did.”

Mr Brunt described how he confronted Mrs Leyland at her home in Burton Overy, Leics, four days before her body was found, after coming into possession of a dossier of alleged Twitter "trolls" which had been handed to police by a third party.
He told the coroner that he asked the 63-year-old why she had been using her Twitter account to attack the McCanns and that she responded: “I’m entitled to.”
They spoke briefly and Mrs Leyland later invited him into her house, where she appeared “very relaxed” about the situation.
“Mrs Leyland said she was concerned that the McCanns had left Madeleine and her siblings alone and that Twitter was a mean to express feelings and she hoped she had not done anything unlawful,” he told the coroner.
“She acknowledged that she was the holder of the @sweepyface account and said she would never tweet again."
The inquest heard that between November 2013 and September 2014, Mrs Leyland had sent 2,210 tweets and retweets from the Twitter account @sweepyface, of which 19 per cent related to the McCanns.
Detective Sergeant Steven Hutchings, from Leicestershire Police, confirmed that none of the tweets concerned amounted to a criminal offence.
Coroner Catherine Mason, sitting at Leicester Town Hall, recorded a verdict of suicide following the two-and-a-half-hour hearing.
She said there were many issues surrounding Mrs Leyland’s death.
“I am satisfied that no one could have known what she was going to do and how she was going to do it,” she concluded.
“It’s quite clear to me that all preparation was done at her own hand and that there was no third party involvement.”
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:02 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1449183/alleged-mccann-trolls-death-was-suicide

Alleged McCann Troll's Death Was Suicide
14:44, UK, Friday 20 March 2015

By Ashish Joshi, Sky News Correspondent

A Leicester coroner has concluded a woman found dead days after she featured in a Sky News report into online trolling took her own life.

Brenda Leyland was found dead in a Leicester hotel room in October 2014.

An inquest into her death at Leicester's Coroners Court heard witness testimony from a toxicologist, two police officers, Mrs Leyland's former psychiatrist and two Sky News employees.

A written statement from Mrs Leyland's youngest son, Benjamin, was read to the court.

He said: "I have no doubt in my mind that the panic and fear that I heard in her voice after the Sky News interview was the final straw that pushed my mum to do what she did.

"She was broken, destroyed."

Mr Leyland, who lives in America, described his mother as a woman who "felt it hard to connect with people".

He wrote: "She struggled with depression. She had undergone psychiatric treatment and medicated for anxiety. The court was also told that there had been a previous suicide attempt."

Sky News' Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt, who challenged Brenda Leyland about her alleged online trolling in a report for the channel, said he had talked to Mrs Leyland on the telephone after the report was televised.

He said: "I asked her how she was and she said 'Oh, I had thought about ending it all but I'm feeling better, I've had a drink I've spoken to my son who has told me I've been a silly, stupid woman."

Mr Brunt was asked by Coroner Catherine Mason if he thought it was a throwaway line.

He replied: "Yes".

Detective Sergeant Steven Hutchings told the court that Mrs Leyland had posted more than 2,000 tweets under the name Sweepyface.

Of these, 424 mentioned Gerry and Kate McCann. The couple's three-year-old daughter Madeleine was taken from the family's Portugal holiday apartment in 2007.

In recording a verdict of suicide, the coroner said: "I'm satisfied although Mrs Leyland had a mental health history, that others would not necessarily have known that she was suffering from mental health (problems).

"She had mentioned wanting to take her own life but then dismissed it. I don't think it could have been known to anybody that there was a definite intention for her to take her own life."

A Sky News statement issued after the coroner's verdict said the broadcaster was confident that no editorial guidelines were breached.

"The team at Sky News followed its editorial guidelines and pursued a story in a responsible manner that we believed was firmly in the public interest," the statement said.

"Brenda Leyland's tragic death highlights the unforeseeable human impact that the stories we pursue can have, and Sky News would like to extend its sincere condolences to her family."
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:05 pm

Mr Leyland, who lives in America, described his mother as a woman who "felt it hard to connect with people".

He wrote: "She struggled with depression. She had undergone psychiatric treatment and medicated for anxiety. The court was also told that there had been a previous suicide attempt."

Sky News' Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt, who challenged Brenda Leyland about her alleged online trolling in a report for the channel, said he had talked to Mrs Leyland on the telephone after the report was televised.

He said: "I asked her how she was and she said 'Oh, I had thought about ending it all but I'm feeling better, I've had a drink I've spoken to my son who has told me I've been a silly, stupid woman."

It's a great pity no-one confiscated her keyboard a long time ago, but unfortunately, it's clear from the bile they post day in, day out, that there a good few Brendas in the hate squad, who simply have no concept of how they are regarded by normal, decent society. Or perhaps hating the McCanns is all they have in their lives?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:15 pm

Sue Maria Zora it must be hard for him he probably just wants his mum to rest in peace and by doing so accepts the verdict I probably would if I was him and I think many people in his shoes would but doesn't mean that the public have to accept , I just hope Brenda's sons find comfort and allowed to remember there mum the way they remembered her

Contronumty thinks it's a great idea to cause even more distress for the Leyland family - she's entitled, innit?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:18 pm

Since when did the numpties display compassion and common sense?  I suppose hate knows no bounds.

If they cannot understand the decency in allowing her family privacy then they all need a psychiatrist in my opinion.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:24 pm

It's a great pity Leyland hadn't found a more wholesome outlet for her frustrations than abusing the family of a missing child, and anyone associated with them, Lily. That's never going to be good for anyone's mental state.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:33 pm

http://www.stopthemyths.info/viewtopic.php?f=115&t=7098&start=850

scoobydoo wrote:
Why they obsessed with the "dossier"? They made their tweets, Facebook posts, amazon posts, forum posts PUBLIC not anyone else. All anyone else did was print out copies and hand them to brunt and the police. If they didn't want their little hobby to be made public then they shouldn't have made it public. They regularly target the media by sending out messages to spam their pages and twitter feeds so they don't shy away from them either. Leyland linked her account to her identity and repeatedly pestered brunt, sky also kindly only showed some of the nicer tweets she sent.

Quite.

Unless they are now saying that their vile posts should go unchallenged because they all have mental health issues?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:36 pm

LEYLAND INQUEST - SUICIDE VERDICT - Page 3 Conthr10

Contronumties threatening Brunt for doing his job. Thought they were all into Je suis Charlie, Free Speach, free press and all that?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:39 pm

Deuce ‏@ModNrodder 2h2 hours ago
Does anyone know if any of Brenda's family attended? #McCann

They didn't, which tells its own story, unfortunately.

A cabal of scruffy-looking haters went with Poulton, though, determined to make yet another family's tragedy all about them.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:44 pm

bb1 wrote:It's a great pity Leyland hadn't found a more wholesome outlet for her frustrations than abusing the family of a missing child, and anyone associated with them, Lily. That's never going to be good for anyone's mental state.
You are so right, Bonny.   They feed off each other until they get into a state of near frenzy.  I wonder if any of them have any wholesome activities or outlets?  Like volunteering and so forth.

Maybe they don't do 'free time' to help other people......
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:20 pm

Thing is, Lily, you can't spew the most disgusting abuse at the family of a missing child, day in, day out, for years, as many of them have been doing, then play the I have issues card when it rebounds on your head.

IMO, Brenda Leyland threw her life away on hatred. She had a life many women would envy, with a lovely home in a pretty village, travelling to America regularly, etc - but the obsessive hatred of strangers was more important.

She could have found friendship in the church, personal fulfillment in charity work, knowledge from the Open University, etc., but she chose a completely different path. One that was ultimately self-destructive, and must have caused terrible grief to her family, especially the estranged son on whose birthday she chose to end her life.

Again I ask - Where were all her so-called 'internet friends' when she needed them? Besides nowhere in sight?

Now, they're trying to project blame onto Martin Brunt. What crime did HE commit - taking Leyland at face value, as she presented herself? Who in their right mind would interpret the kind of flippant remark we've all made as being serious?

They are also trying to gloss over the fact that, if she had objected to that broadcast when she was on the phone with him, it would almost certainly have been stopped - it was just a 'social issue' story.

Leyland chose NOT to stop it.

If the haters want to see who is responsible for Leyland's death, besides Leyland herself, then all they need to do is look in the mirror.

They first of all encouraged her, and then turned their backs on her, accusing her of being part of some huge, Byzantine plot, and IN IT with the McCanns.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:36 pm

Excellent post!   

Where were all her so-called 'internet friends' when she needed them? Besides nowhere in sight?

Not one of them has answered that.   I wonder why?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:37 pm

They can't, because they know they all turned their backs on their 'friend'. Instead, they're busy threatening Martin Brunt:

Sarah Crossley They keep a lot more in the dark. Hey ve done the same here. Again we will never know. Seriously is a shame we can't go to his house fire and pitchforks.

And then they whine and cry when they are correctly described as HATERS. And VILE.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

LEYLAND INQUEST - SUICIDE VERDICT - Page 3 Empty McCann Twitter troll killed herself after being exposed on TV

Post  bb1 Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:42 pm

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/431918/McCann-Twitter-troll-killed-herself-being-exposed-TV

McCann Twitter troll killed herself after being exposed on TV
AN INTERNET troll who posted hundreds of abusive tweets attacking Madeleine McCann’s parents killed herself after she was exposed on national TV.

By Jerry Lawton / Published 20th March 2015

Mum-of-two Brenda Leyland, 63, spent 10 months firing off messages about former GP Kate McCann, 47, and her heart specialist husband Gerry, 46, using the Twitter account @Sweepyface.

She was unmasked after Sky News was handed a dossier of offensive social media posts about the McCanns – including her’s - which were under investigation by the Metropolitan Police.

Journalist Martin Brunt confronted Mrs Leyland on camera outside her home and asked why she was tweeting about the couple whose then-three-year-old daughter vanished while on holiday in Portugal in 2007.

She told him: ''I’m entitled to.’’

After inviting him in she explained she was 'particularly concerned’ the McCanns had left their daughter in their apartment the night she disappeared and had 'concerns about fund-raising’ for the Find Madeleine campaign.

She told him she had 'questions’ for the McCanns, thought Twitter was a 'means to express opinions’ and 'hoped she had not done anything unlawful’.

The TV news channel broadcast its investigation unmasking her as a troll 48 hours later.

Two days later she was found dead in her room at the Marriott Hotel, Leicester, with two canisters of helium gas – used to blow up party balloons – at her side.

An iPad nearby showed a website describing how to commit suicide using the gas, which can prove fatal in large quantities.

Police said she had used the tablet and her laptop to research how to kill herself.

Yesterday an inquest in Leicester heard she died from an overdose of helium and anti-depressants.

Her son Ben told police his mum, from Burton Overy, Leics, had a history of mental illness, had spent a long period in a psychiatric hospital and previously attempted suicide.

When he viewed her Twitter account he was shocked to see her profile picture was of his dog and she stated she lived in Los Angeles.

He said she was 'proud but stubborn’, was worried about how she was viewed by others in her 'social circle’, and her exposure as a troll was the 'final straw’.

''She was a broken wreck and completely destroyed by what had happened,’’ he added.

Mr Brunt told the inquest he had no knowledge of nor saw any sign of her mental health issues and was 'devastated’ by her death.

''The enormity of what happened will always be with me,’’ he said.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:43 pm

Her son Ben told police his mum, from Burton Overy, Leics, had a history of mental illness, had spent a long period in a psychiatric hospital and previously attempted suicide.

When he viewed her Twitter account he was shocked to see her profile picture was of his dog and she stated she lived in Los Angeles.

He said she was 'proud but stubborn’, was worried about how she was viewed by others in her 'social circle’, and her exposure as a troll was the 'final straw’.

How interesting! The pretendy 'court reporters' missed all that out.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:44 pm

Apologies, I missed off the end of the Star story:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/431918/McCann-Twitter-troll-killed-herself-being-exposed-TV

He had twice phoned her to keep her informed about the progress of the TV investigation and had assured her – though her face would be shown – she would not be named nor the village where she lived identified.

She told him in one call: ''Oh I have thought about ending it all but I’m feeling better.’’

But he dismissed it was a 'throwaway’ remark as she ended the 10-minute conversation saying: ''It was a pleasure to meet you.’’

Mrs Leyland’s former psychiatrist Dr Kajetan Zakrzewski said she suffered from 'recurrent depression, unstable emotional personality traits and changes of mood’.

He said she was 'sensitive to stress’ and her behaviour 'unpredictable’ but her mental issues would not have been obvious to others.

Police found she had posted 424 tweets about the McCanns over 10 months, calling them the 'worst of mankind’ and that they should 'suffer’ for the 'rest of their miserable lives’.

Though none justified prosecution police said some of the threats she received from other throlls after she had been exposed on TV were still being investigated.

Recording a suicide verdict coroner Catherine Mason said she was satisfied Sky News had followed 'all proper guidelines’ throughout its investigation and no-one could have foreseen what 'intelligent, loving, very proud’ Mrs Leyland was planning.

She intends to call for the sale of helium to be regulated.

So, the coroner attached no blame to Martin Brunt or Sky.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:47 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-sky-news-journalist-5371486#ICID=sharebar_twitter

Madeleine McCann: Sky News journalist 'devastated' after being told internet troll killed herself following TV report
15:34, 20 March 2015 By Martin Fricker
Brenda Leyland, 63, was found dead in a hotel room after being exposed on Sky News for sending vile tweets to Kate and Gerry McCann

Respected Sky News journalist Martin Brunt has told how he was left "devastated" after an internet 'troll' who targeted Madeleine McCann's parents killed herself after he confronted her.

Brenda Leyland, 63, was found dead in a hotel room days after the long-serving crime reporter approached her outside her home.

The mum-of-two had been identified as the person behind the anonymous @sweepyface account - who posted comments about Gerry and Kate McCann.

The divorcee, who had a history of mental health problems, accused the pair of neglect and a cover-up over the disappearance of their daughter.

An inquest into Mrs Leyland’s death was told she sent more than 400 tweets related to the tragic case in just 10 months - more than one a day.

Her messages featured in a dossier of evidence given to Scotland Yard about suspected online hounding of the McCanns.

She was confronted at her home in Burton Overy, Leics, by Sky News crime correspondent Martin Brunt last September.

After her face appeared in a broadcast on the TV channel two days later, Mrs Leyland checked into a Leicester hotel and killed herself.

Mr Brunt told her inquest today he was left “devastated” after being told about her death by his boss, Sky News head Jonathan Levy.

“I was devastated and I still am,” he added. “The enormity of what happened will always be with me."

Her son Ben Leyland, who lives in America, said her ‘outing’ as @sweepyface left his mother “a broken wreck”.

He added: "She was completely destroyed by what had occurred. It was the final straw that pushed my mum to do what she did."

Mr Brunt told the hearing at Leicester Town Hall how he discovered Mrs Leyland’s identity after being handed the dossier by a third party.

He went to her home with a cameraman on September 30 last year and confronted her about the tweets - which were later found to not be unlawful.

Mrs Leyland invited him into her home after the initial confrontation and seemed “calm” and rational, he added.

She told him she was “entitled” to tweet her concerns the McCanns had left their children alone on the night Madeleine disappeared in 2007.

Mr Brunt, a respected veteran journalist, said he ended the conversation by telling her: “I hope I have not ruined your day”.

She replied: “I don’t know yet if you have ruined my day or my life."

Mr Brunt said he spoke to her again on the phone before his report was broadcast and she told him she had “thought about ending it all”.

“It was a throw-away remark,” he said. “She said she was feeling better. I had no idea about her mental background or history."

The Sky News broadcast was aired on October 2 and showed Mrs Leyland’s face but did not name her or identify where she lived.

She later rang her son in Los Angeles before asking a neighbour to look after her cats while she “lay low”, the inquest was told.

Mrs Leyland drove to the four-star Marriott Hotel on the outskirts of Leicester the following day.

Horrified staff discovered her body inside her £120 room the next morning and alerted police.

Sgt Kevin Taylor, from Leicestershire Police, said she was found lying on the bed .

Police discovered an iPad alongside her body which was open on a website giving instructions on how to commit suicide.

Coroner Catherine Mason said “all proper guidelines” had been followed by Sky News in their coverage of the story and gave a conclusion of suicide.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:49 pm

It's all such fun when they are trying to attract attention, but not nearly so much fun when they get it.

I thought they wanted their accusations and suspicions plastered all over The Media and Sky News. But then what did she do? She went off and committed suicide when her friends turned on her for not trying hard enough.

What was "Hard Enough", more of the same only worse?
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:03 pm

Though none justified prosecution police said some of the threats she received from other throlls after she had been exposed on TV were still being investigated.

Does that mean that the trolls who turned their backs on her after she was exposed on TV are still being investigated?  Or has the investigation totally ended?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:35 pm

Probably that nutcase that was making horrible threats, Lily. Leyland didn't see those, though.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next