JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Donald J. Trump wins Presidency - Page 14 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Donald J. Trump wins Presidency - Page 14 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Donald J. Trump wins Presidency - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Donald J. Trump wins Presidency - Page 14 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Donald J. Trump wins Presidency - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Donald J. Trump wins Presidency - Page 14 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Donald J. Trump wins Presidency - Page 14 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Donald J. Trump wins Presidency - Page 14 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Donald J. Trump wins Presidency - Page 14 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Donald J. Trump wins Presidency

5 posters

Page 14 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next

Go down

Donald J. Trump wins Presidency - Page 14 Empty Re: Donald J. Trump wins Presidency

Post  Lamplighter Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:49 pm

Trump push for border wall threatens to cause government shutdown.

Officials unsure if president will sign funding bill without money for wall.
Congressional deal to fund government expires at midnight on Friday.

Looming above Washington as Congress and the White House attempt to avert a funding shutdown in only five days’ time, Donald Trump’s central campaign promise to build a wall on the Mexican border threatens to bring the US government to a halt this week in a national display of dysfunction.

On Sunday, even White House officials expressed uncertainty about whether the president would sign a funding bill that did not include money for a wall, which Trump has promised since the first day of his presidential campaign.

“We don’t know yet,” said the White House budget director, Mick Mulvaney, on Fox News Sunday. “We are asking for our priorities.”

The president himself waded into the negotiations on Sunday, holding out two sticks and no carrot. “ObamaCare is in serious trouble,” he tweeted. “The Dems need big money to keep it going – otherwise it dies far sooner than anyone would have thought.” More at link.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/apr/23/donald-trump-mexico-border-wall-threatens-government-shutdown
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Donald J. Trump wins Presidency - Page 14 Empty Re: Donald J. Trump wins Presidency

Post  bb1 Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:58 pm

“ObamaCare is in serious trouble,” he tweeted. “The Dems need big money to keep it going – otherwise it dies far sooner than anyone would have thought.”

But the Dems aren't in office...am I missing something?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:39 pm

bb1 wrote:“ObamaCare is in serious trouble,” he tweeted. “The Dems need big money to keep it going – otherwise it dies far sooner than anyone would have thought.”

But the Dems aren't in office...am I missing something?
No, it's not you missing anything, it's Trumper proving yet again that he is lettuce, radishes and onions short of a salad.     It's worrying, isn't it and it isn't going to improve.   LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:57 am

Donald Trump brags that he got 'higher ratings than 9/11' in interview about first 100 days.

President said high viewer numbers 'are tremendous advantage'.

Donald Trump boasted that his “ratings” were higher than broadcasts of the 9/11 terrorist attacks in an interview about his first 100 days in the White House.

In an interview with the Associated Press, the President railed against the “fake media”, former rival Hillary Clinton and the election during which he lost the popular vote.

When asked if he thought he had changed how people vote, Mr Trump pointed to his “very high ratings”, claiming they increased by two or three times when he appeared on the Sunday morning shows.

He highlighted Chris Wallace’s Fox News show.

“It had 9.2 million people. It’s the highest they’ve ever had. On any, on air, [CBS’ John] Dickerson had 5.2 million people,” he said.

“It’s the highest for ‘Face the Nation’ or as I call it, ‘Deface the Nation’. It’s the highest for ‘Deface the Nation’ since the World Trade Center. Since the World Trade Center came down. It’s a tremendous advantage.”

Several hours after the attacks on 11 September 2001, during which almost 3,000 people died, Mr Trump was interviewed on radio and claimed that since the Towers came down, he now owned the tallest building in Manhattan. He was also condemned for claiming around $150,000 of government funds for small businesses to get back on their feet after the attacks.

The President also falsely claimed that he saw Muslims clapping and cheering as they watched the Towers fall, which could have contributed to an anti-Muslim rhetoric that led to a 65 per cent spike in hate crimes against Muslims in 2015, as found by the FBI.

In the AP interview, the President also claimed that Democratic representative Elijah Cummings told him he would be the “greatest President in history”. Mr Cummings has repeatedly called for an investigation into the President and his campaign team’s dealings with Russia, and has criticised Mr Trump’s health care proposals.

“There’s going to come a time when Trump isn’t going to be in office,” he said last week. “The question is what's going to be left after the storm.”

Mr Trump claimed that Fox News was the “most accurate” network, and he had stopped watching CNN and MSNBC to avoid 'negativity' before work.

He also insisted the press treated him “so badly” when he claimed last week there might have been a terrorist attack in France before the police had released details.

“I said it may be a terrorist attack and MSNBC, I heard, went crazy, “He called it a terrorist attack.” They thought it was a bank robbery,” he said.

“By the way, I'm 10-0 for that. I've called every one of them [attacks]. Every time they said I called it way too early and then it turns out I'm ... Whatever. Whatever. In the meantime, I'm here and they're not.”

The President has had a contentious relationship with the press since he announced his candidacy for President in June 2015, and has attacked most mainstream publications from The Washington Post to The New York Times for publishing "inaccurate" stories about him.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-9-11-approval-ratings-interview-who-with-first-100-days-us-president-world-trade-center-a7698516.html

Does this sound familiar? LL
Compulsive lying disorder,  also known as pseudologia fantastica or mythomania, is a condition that describes the behavior of a habitual liar.

Individuals with the disorder simply cannot stop themselves from misrepresenting the truth.

People with the disorder are not able to control their lies and experience no guilt regardless of how the lies may affect themselves and others. The lack of guilt is frequently the result of the fact that the individual becomes so caught up in the lie that they are telling, they begin to believe it themselves. If confronted with a lie they have told in the past or one that they are presently telling, they will be insistent that they are speaking the truth.

The defining characteristics of compulsive lying disorder are:

The stories told are not entirely improbable and often have some element of truth. They are not a manifestation of delusion or some broader type of psychosis: upon confrontation, the teller can admit them to be untrue, even if unwillingly.

The fabricative tendency is long lasting; it is not provoked by the immediate situation or social pressure as much as it is an innate trait of the personality.

The stories told tend toward presenting the liar favorably. For example, the person might be presented as being fantastically brave, knowing or being related to many famous people.
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:43 am

The President also falsely claimed that he saw Muslims clapping and cheering as they watched the Towers fall, which could have contributed to an anti-Muslim rhetoric that led to a 65 per cent spike in hate crimes against Muslims in 2015, as found by the FBI.

That simply isn't true. Outwith the US, muslims WERE celebrating, and news reports from the time were dug up concerning a minority of US muslims also cheering.

And a great many of these 'hate crimes' have turned out to be hoaxes and fabrications, when investigated.

I wish journos would fact-check, instead of just reciting the political equivalent of forum myths. Stick to what Trump really does get wrong.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:49 am

Now, this is very bad indeed:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-23/trump-if-doj-wants-arrest-assange-its-ok-me

Quote:

AP: Can I just ask you, though — do you believe it is a priority for the United States, or it should be a priority, to arrest Julian Assange?

TRUMP: I am not involved in that decision, but if Jeff Sessions wants to do it, it's OK with me. I didn't know about that decision, but if they want to do it, it's OK with me.

He's turning on all the people who helped get him elected. Very foolishly, IMO, because no-one will be greatly saddened or surprised if he gets JFK-d by one of his irate former supporters.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:26 pm

bb1 wrote:“ObamaCare is in serious trouble,” he tweeted. “The Dems need big money to keep it going – otherwise it dies far sooner than anyone would have thought.”

But the Dems aren't in office...am I missing something?.  
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_federal_budget

I have enclosed a wiki page on the Federal Government budget.  It's a bit long but it gives a good explanation how everything works.  As you will see, the Pres has his wish list and Congress will approve/disapprove of all or part of it.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:50 pm

Thanks, Lily. So many elections, and so many different systems, gets confusing.....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:20 pm

I'll say.   rofl
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:21 pm

Trump slaps first tariffs on Canadian lumber.

The Trump administration is hitting Canada with stiff tariffs of up to 24% on lumber shipped into the United States.

These are the first tariffs imposed by President Trump, who during his election campaign threatened to use them on imports from both China and Mexico. The decision on Monday is bound to lead to a standoff and could stoke fears of a trade war between the US and Canada, two of the world's largest trade powers.

Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross said the tariffs, or taxes, announced Monday evening were being imposed after trade talks on dairy products fell through.

"It has been a bad week for US-Canada trade relations," Ross said in a statement.
Link.
http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/24/investing/canada-lumber-tariff-trump/
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:28 pm

Be of good cheer, LL. If Trump manages to start wars with Canada and Mexico - why, the rest of the world will be left in peace, safe from regime change at the point of a gun, and Freedumb bombs.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:28 pm

Trump opens the door to delaying funding of border wall.

President Trump signaled to a gathering of conservative media reporters on Monday that he may be open to delaying the funding of his proposed border wall.

The president said -- according to tweets from conservative media at the gathering this evening -- that his administration could get the funding for the wall this week or they could come back to it in September.

Senator Chuck Schumer (D-NY) quickly seized on the remarks in an off-camera response Monday evening saying it's good for the country that the president is taking the wall off the table in the funding negotiations.

“It's good for the country that President Trump is taking the wall off the table in these negotiations. Now the bipartisan and bicameral negotiators can continue working on the outstanding issues," Schumer said in a statement.

Democrats in Congress have vowed to block the passage of a last-minute appropriations bill if it includes funding for the wall.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-opens-door-delaying-funding-border-wall/story?id=47001806
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:58 pm

WTF?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:08 pm

I give up, Lily, I don't see shafting all those people who trusted him is going to end well for Trump. And as for sending Ivanka to Europe as some sort of delegate - madness and nepotism.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:13 pm

bb1 wrote:I give up, Lily, I don't see shafting all those people who trusted him is going to end well for Trump. And as for sending Ivanka to Europe as some sort of delegate - madness and nepotism.
And where is the First Lady, walled up in Trump Tower? She seems to only surface when he needs a barbie doll on his arm!! Ah, wait a minute she is not of his blood, she is not a TRUE TRUMP. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:16 pm

And where is the First Lady, walled up in Trump Tower?

Filing her nails and checking his life insurance policies? Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:27 pm

Astounding, he's managed to annoy Canada:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-25/angry-canada-responds-trumps-lumber-tariff-and-what-it-means-economy

and

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-25/alberta-warns-trump-retaliation-if-energy-sanctions-begin

Alberta Premier Rachel Notley warned U.S. President Donald Trump that he would face the wrath of the northern nation’s many allies if the freshman president begins employing energy trade restrictions with Canada.

Notley is currently in China, negotiating her country’s trade policies with the Asian giant. She told reporters that she did not know what was meant by Trump’s comments about what Canada has done to its American neighbor with the energy, softwood lumber, and dairy industries.

Sheer genius. This is good, too:

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/donald-trump-laptop-ban-uk-flights-to-us-airports-immigration-customs-travel-holidays-a7700671.html

Passengers flying from the UK to America could reportedly be banned from boarding planes with their laptops.

The policy, which has so far only affected travellers from Middle Eastern countries, is to be extended to flights from some parts of Europe within a matter of weeks, officials said.

British security services were waiting to hear whether the rule will apply to the UK, but sources told The Times that it could be one of the countries included.

Disneyworld and Universal may as well shut down, there is a limit to how much sh*t Europeans will put up with.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:34 pm

You know, the last time the US attacked what was to become Canada, the White House got burned down in retaliation. Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:39 pm

Oh wait......he would love to build a fancier version.....
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:50 pm

I don't think the voters would regard him getting the White House burned down by the British Empire - again - as putting America First...... rofl
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:06 pm

Oh...........roflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflrofl
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:23 pm

lily wrote:Oh wait......he would love to build a fancier version.....
Do you think Soros will loan him some cash like he did with the Chicago Trump Tower? LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:45 pm

I bet you he would.....biggrin
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:45 am

Trump’s Tax Plan: Low Rate for Corporations, and for Companies Like His.

President Trump plans to unveil a tax cut blueprint on Wednesday that would apply a vastly reduced, 15 percent business tax rate not only to corporations but also to companies that now pay taxes through the personal income tax code — from mom-and-pop businesses to his own real estate empire, according to several people briefed on the proposal.

The package would also increase the standard deduction for individuals, providing a modest cut for middle-income people and simplifying the process of filing tax returns, according to people briefed on its details. That proposal is opposed by home builders and real estate agents, who fear it would diminish the importance of the mortgage interest deduction. And it is likely to necessitate eliminating or curbing other popular deductions, a politically risky pursuit.

As of late Tuesday, the plan did not include Mr. Trump’s promised $1 trillion infrastructure program, two of the people said, and it jettisoned a House Republican proposal to impose a substantial tax on imports, known as a border adjustment tax, which would have raised billions of dollars to help offset the cost of the cuts. More at link.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/25/us/politics/tax-plan-trump.html?_r=0
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:47 am

Trump backs down on border wall funding.

Donald Trump has indicated he will scrap plans to find cash for his border wall in this week's spending bill.

The president's close adviser, Kellyanne Conway, said funding for the wall would be left out of a budget measure that must pass by Friday.

Building the wall, paid for by Mexico, was a key campaign promise.

Democrats had threatened to block the bill if money was earmarked for the wall, so its omission may now avert a government shutdown.

But the president insisted on Twitter that he still supported the wall and that it would be built.
More at link.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39708768
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next