JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
PORTUGUESE POLICE REFUSE TO RE-OPEN MADELEINE CASE EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
PORTUGUESE POLICE REFUSE TO RE-OPEN MADELEINE CASE EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
PORTUGUESE POLICE REFUSE TO RE-OPEN MADELEINE CASE EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
PORTUGUESE POLICE REFUSE TO RE-OPEN MADELEINE CASE EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
PORTUGUESE POLICE REFUSE TO RE-OPEN MADELEINE CASE EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
PORTUGUESE POLICE REFUSE TO RE-OPEN MADELEINE CASE EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
PORTUGUESE POLICE REFUSE TO RE-OPEN MADELEINE CASE EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
PORTUGUESE POLICE REFUSE TO RE-OPEN MADELEINE CASE EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
PORTUGUESE POLICE REFUSE TO RE-OPEN MADELEINE CASE EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

PORTUGUESE POLICE REFUSE TO RE-OPEN MADELEINE CASE

+8
Jean-Pierre.t50
Zenny
Pedro Silva
Sabot
Lamplighter
crazytony
rhodes
bb1
12 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

PORTUGUESE POLICE REFUSE TO RE-OPEN MADELEINE CASE Empty PORTUGUESE POLICE REFUSE TO RE-OPEN MADELEINE CASE

Post  bb1 Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:03 pm

I really, really hope that this is just one police officer shooting his mouth off, as Anjos did last night.

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16216703

Portugal Police: No Need To Reopen Maddie Probe

1:54pm UK, Thursday April 26, 2012
Portuguese police say there is no reason to reopen an inquiry into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Authorities say they have no new evidence that would give them cause to reopen the case.
"There are no new elements at the moment," Pedro do Carmo, the deputy head of the criminal police department, told AFP.
His comments come a day after British police reviewing her disappearance said they believed she could still be alive.
They urged their Portuguese counterparts to reopen their search for Madeleine, who went missing in Praia da Luz in 2007.

Mr Do Carmo said that a team of investigators would continue "to re-examine elements of the inquiry" in collaboration with British police.
But he said that such a practice was normal and did not constitute a reopening of the probe.
A British team from Scotland, which has been sifting through a wealth of material relating to the youngster, said on Wednesday they had identified 195 "investigative opportunities" that could be followed up.

They also released a computer-generated image, created by experts, of how Madeleine might look now approaching what would be her ninth birthday on May 12.
Mr Do Carmo however said that the Portuguese police had received "no formal request for the reopening of the inquiry".
Madeleine's parents Gerry and Kate McCann have never abandoned their high-profile campaign to find their eldest daughter.
She disappeared on the Portuguese south coast on May 3, 2007 while her parents were at dinner.

===============

What are the PJ so scared of? Surely they don't think they can keep this mess swept under the carpet forever?

Last edited by bb1 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:16 am; edited 2 times in total
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

PORTUGUESE POLICE REFUSE TO RE-OPEN MADELEINE CASE Empty Re: PORTUGUESE POLICE REFUSE TO RE-OPEN MADELEINE CASE

Post  rhodes Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:05 pm

they don't want the world to see what a huge feck up they made from the get go and Madeleine is just collateral damage.

Unless it's police officers who were involved in the abduction and they won't want that making the headlines the world over will they?
rhodes
rhodes
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

PORTUGUESE POLICE REFUSE TO RE-OPEN MADELEINE CASE Empty Re: PORTUGUESE POLICE REFUSE TO RE-OPEN MADELEINE CASE

Post  crazytony Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:07 pm

The Portuguese Police mustn't be embarrassed, don't you know?

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:08 pm

If the PJ keep on refusing to reopen it, Rhodes, then they are, IMO, going to fuel speculation like that.

There shouldn't be a problem- after all, Amoral admitted he had fouled up. So what are they desperate to hide?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  rhodes Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:12 pm

they've all got a lot to answer for.

The cops are still convinced the parents did it, and that Madeleine is dead and unfindable and that makes me soooooo ferking mad. Scotland Yard, with 30+ COMPETENT murder squad police officers on the case seem to think it's worth looking at again.
rhodes
rhodes
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:13 pm

bb1 wrote:If the PJ keep on refusing to reopen it, Rhodes, then they are, IMO, going to fuel speculation like that.

There shouldn't be a problem- after all, Amoral admitted he had fouled up. So what are they desperate to hide?
You don't want to know .... But I have a very good idea why they are running scared, but I'm not posting it here as I don't want them after me! LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:17 pm

LL, I think we all have a pretty good idea what it is they are hiding Wink

ETA, if we know the bare bones of it, how long do they think they can keep the truth hidden from the world? PIDE isn't the force it once was....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  rhodes Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:21 pm

Lamplighter wrote:
bb1 wrote:If the PJ keep on refusing to reopen it, Rhodes, then they are, IMO, going to fuel speculation like that.

You don't want to know .... But I have a very good idea why they are running scared, but I'm not posting it here as I don't want them after me! LL
oh go on....pretty please wave
rhodes
rhodes
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:23 pm

It doesn't really matter. Scotland Yard now have all of the relevant information, and they will be following anything that matters, although I think it is all a bit too late.

As far as I can see, Britain is just being polite, but don't imagine that they are going to give up just because Portugal says it doesn't want to know.

The Investigation WILL go on, and Scotland Yard WILL find Madeleine if this is possible.
Britain doesn't need the aquiescence of Portugal. Portugal is defunct in this matter, and better to prove this if they continue to refuse to reopen The Case. Who gives a shit about what Portugal thinks.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:26 pm

Given the amount of UK taxpayers' money that has been 'loaned' to Portugal to keep the country going, I wouldn't have thought the Portuguese police were in any position to bite the hand that really is feeding them.

Why on earth should we bail out a supposed democracy with so little respect for the rule of law?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:35 pm

Back to Panorama:

RB: Why does nobody here in Portugal know about this review?

ANA MARIA GOMES: Well, I don’t know. Public opinion here in Portugal now is so upset and concerned with the economic crisis and its job destruction and so on but this is a very important case, first and foremost to find out what happened to Madeleine and to make sure that the Portuguese justice and political system is properly seen outside of Portugal.

Right this minute, Haiti is looking like a shining example of fairness and transparency in comparison to Portugal.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:46 pm

Sara ‏ @SafariSara Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Word of caution from Martin Brunt on Sky "Probably just a throw away remark, it's up to the AG decide on re-opening or not" #McCann

That's a good point, actually, it isn't up to the PJ. And it was clear from Panorama that certain elements in Portugal are out of the loop these days.

If anyone is in the slightest interested, Portugal's most famous citizen churnalist is spinning like a whirligig again, with the usual propaganda and fakery.

No, didn't think anyone would greatly care what she had to say. Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:48 pm

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:55 pm

Some interesting comments on Yahoo:

Judge Dredd • London, England • 3 minutes 5 seconds ago Report Abuse
Obvious the Portuguese police would not want to reopen this case after they bungled it the first time.
Wouldn't want to admit they were wrong and incompetent would they

-------

DAVID • 17 minutes ago Report Abuse
Why would anyone want to go to Portugal. Its appears that there will be no protection from the law. They appear more concerned about protecting the police than investigating this crime. All tourists should boycott Portugal

---------

H • London, England • 19 minutes ago Report Abuse
What have the Portugese police got to hide??????
1 Reply

================

12Satan • 24 minutes ago Report Abuse
The portugese are hiding something, the person who abducted the girl probably.
Guilty as fu.ck I reckon

==========================

It's being said openly, and it is only going to get worse if the PJ keep stonewalling.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:58 pm

Oh my!

martinbrunt ‏ @skymartinbrunt Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
#McCann Portuguese police unlikely to want to be seen being bumped into reinvestigation by Scot Yard...and within 24 hours.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:14 pm

who does this carlos anjos thinks he is? you don´t know nothing carlos anjos, shut up, your stench is not needed, it seems that you carlos anjos is afraid of something. carlos anjos, you stink.

carlos anjos:
fingerwave
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:17 pm

Pedro Silva wrote:who does this carlos anjos thinks he is? you don´t know nothing carlos anjos, shut up, your stench is not needed, it seems that you carlos anjos is afraid of something. carlos anjos, you stink.

carlos anjos:
fingerwave

Erm, can I take it that you don't like Carlos Anjos, Pedro?
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:11 pm

I went from mad to rofl in seconds last night, when he was shown up as an idiot.

For once, Brunt is interesting:

#McCann There is still a compelling case for reinvestigation that Portuguese Gov may not be able to resist.

#McCann Now Portugal's Attorney-General says case will be reopened a only if there are "credible and relevant new facts, not speculation."

#McCann Is "hypotheses and speculation" a Portuguese attack on the integrity of Scot Yard's 195 leads?

-------------

Hard to know what is going on with so much smoke and noise, but it will give rise to even more gossip and suspicion if Portugal stops a proper investigation.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:23 pm

The nice nurses really do need to keep a closer eye on Ironside, he's raving like a lunatic today.

Nanny ‏ @MyNanny25 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
@skymartinbrunt #McCann #Portugal have a right to diss #ScotlandYard they are a bunch of Corrupt #TWATS and if the cap fits Brunt wear it !

I expect he'll calm down when the meds kick in. Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:29 pm

It sounds to me as though Martin Brunt ought to join him. Bloody shit stirrer. This isn't Journalism.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:30 pm

This is not an attack against carlos anjos, this is just using freedom of speech (the same way he did) we are not interested in carlos anjos´s words, he is not important, what he thinks it doesn´t matter.

this will be a matter of friendly conversation between the Yard, Oporto PJ including Pinto Monteiro, these are the ones involved.

about me, it´s not like him or not, I just disagree with him, and such comments from him are not needed, he is not involved, what I don´t understand is, (it really pisses me off) why don´t he want the case solved? I´m not accusing him of nothing, it´s just that´s it weird his behaviour.

About Martin Brunt: the same.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
it's a question of being rational, of thinking according to what is right: to solve the case, find her, bring her home safe and sound, which is what truly matters. Every person with common sense agrees with this.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Pedro Silva on Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:32 pm

I don't know what he's playing at, Sabot, but he is really sh*t-stirring:

#McCann Issue of reopening investigation in danger of turning into a diplomatic row with Portugal Att-Gen dissing Scot Yard

And something has just rung a bell with me - wasn't that what the Portuguese AG said over Wikileaks, ages ago? Checking...
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Zenny Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:37 pm

Sabot wrote:

Who gives a shit about what Portugal thinks.

Exactly! They already wrote her off.

Let a competent police force that actually cares find her.

Zenny
Wise Owl
Wise Owl

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:38 pm

Knew it sounded familiar:

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id353.html

There are no "new, credible and relevant" facts to reopen the McCann case – Public Ministry Lusa

by Cristina Cardoso (Lusa)
14 December 2010
Thanks to Astro for translation

Lisbon, Nov 13 (Lusa) – The Attorney General's Office considers that there are no "new, credible and relevant" facts in order to reopen the investigation related to Madeleine McCann, the English child that disappeared in the Algarve in 2007.

In a reply that was sent to Lusa agency, the Attorney General's Office recalls that "it has been repeatedly stated that the inquiry may be reopened if new, credible and relevant facts appear". Nonetheless, "so far all that has been known are opinions, abstract theories, digressions, baseless reasoning and publicity manoeuvres, which is not enough to reopen the inquiry," the note reads.

========

I think Brunt should STFU and stop making matters worse.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:38 pm

I agree with this: "Let a competent police force that actually cares find her".
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next