JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
PORTUGUESE POLICE REFUSE TO RE-OPEN MADELEINE CASE - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
PORTUGUESE POLICE REFUSE TO RE-OPEN MADELEINE CASE - Page 5 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
PORTUGUESE POLICE REFUSE TO RE-OPEN MADELEINE CASE - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
PORTUGUESE POLICE REFUSE TO RE-OPEN MADELEINE CASE - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
PORTUGUESE POLICE REFUSE TO RE-OPEN MADELEINE CASE - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
PORTUGUESE POLICE REFUSE TO RE-OPEN MADELEINE CASE - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
PORTUGUESE POLICE REFUSE TO RE-OPEN MADELEINE CASE - Page 5 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
PORTUGUESE POLICE REFUSE TO RE-OPEN MADELEINE CASE - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
PORTUGUESE POLICE REFUSE TO RE-OPEN MADELEINE CASE - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

PORTUGUESE POLICE REFUSE TO RE-OPEN MADELEINE CASE

+8
Jean-Pierre.t50
Zenny
Pedro Silva
Sabot
Lamplighter
crazytony
rhodes
bb1
12 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

PORTUGUESE POLICE REFUSE TO RE-OPEN MADELEINE CASE - Page 5 Empty Re: PORTUGUESE POLICE REFUSE TO RE-OPEN MADELEINE CASE

Post  bb1 Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:58 pm

Oddly, despite my being in the Stupid Club then, I remember posting that something was 'off' at the time, MF.

But yes, all the, If it was me, I would off been screamin and bangin on doors and sittin in the road screamin lot, thought this was the way people were supposed to react.

Personally, my idea of a nightmare is to be trapped in a stuck lift with people who would off been screamin, etc. I can't stand their hysteria and emotional incontinence.

I digress. Have you noticed something? When the Yard first got involved, all the forkers were chuntering on about how it was a Murder Squad mad , and how they would soon agree with Goncalol the Blessed, and anyone who had even met the McCanns in the street was going to be dragged in for waterboarding until they CRACKED.

Notice they have all STFU now, and are trying to pretend the Yard and Porto PJ are IN IT?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

PORTUGUESE POLICE REFUSE TO RE-OPEN MADELEINE CASE - Page 5 Empty Re: PORTUGUESE POLICE REFUSE TO RE-OPEN MADELEINE CASE

Post  bb1 Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:28 pm

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-entertainment/echo-entertainment/2012/04/28/paddy-shennan-s-tv-review-panorama-madeleine-the-last-hope-bbc1-100252-30854816/

Paddy Shennan’s TV Review: Panorama – Madeleine: The Last Hope? (BBC1)

FIVE years on and still, it seems, there are plenty of people in Portugal – not least among them the police – who just don’t get it (Panorama – Madeleine: The Last Hope? BBC1, Wednesday).

At the top of this list, of course, is Gonçalo Amaral, the thoroughly discredited former head of the Department of Criminal Investigation in Portimão.

For six hapless and hopeless months, Amaral was in charge of the calamitous cock-up of an investigation into Madeleine’s disappearance.

He did at least have the decency to tell reporter Richard Bilton: “It’s a fact that our investigation had its faults and lost a lot of time – lots of time – and a lot of things didn’t get followed up and I am just as much to blame for that as anyone else.”

About time, too, many might say.

But then Bilton reminded viewers that Amaral had told his story in a TV documentary and a best-selling book – and revealed that he had “made at least £300,000”.

Was he comfortable cashing in on a little girl’s disappearance and a case he failed to solve? “When I left the police force it was to write a book to clear my name; defend myself from what the British journalists and some Portuguese journalists were saying, accusing me of incompetence and other, worse, things.”

Yeah, right.

The abject failure of his handling of the case was laid bare here – including the Robert Murat red herring and the naming of Madeleine’s parents, Kate and Gerry, as suspects.

Recalling the 19 hours of questioning he faced from police, Murat told Bilton: “I had five people rushing into the room, standing behind me. It felt very, very Life On Mars. It felt very pressured.”

Perhaps the most depressing words of this Panorama special were uttered by Isabel Duarte, a civil lawyer acting for the McCanns, who are suing Amaral for libel and damaging the hunt for their daughter.

She said: “I feel alone because I don’t feel support . . . I have friends who don’t want to talk to me about the case; because everyone believes in Gonçalo Amaral.”

Refreshingly, though, Antonio Marinho Pinto, chair of the Order of Portuguese Lawyers, said: “I’m convinced the McCann case will feature in Portuguese judicial history as a bad example – what a criminal investigation should not be.”

Five years on, despite all the ineptitude, there is still hope – not least thanks to the British police team currently following up fresh leads.

Let’s pray that its investigation has a happy ending.

==================

That should go down well with the haters and ghouls - NOT.

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5