JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Jimmy Savile accused in ITV documentary EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Jimmy Savile accused in ITV documentary EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Jimmy Savile accused in ITV documentary EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Jimmy Savile accused in ITV documentary EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Jimmy Savile accused in ITV documentary EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Jimmy Savile accused in ITV documentary EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Jimmy Savile accused in ITV documentary EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Jimmy Savile accused in ITV documentary EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Jimmy Savile accused in ITV documentary EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Jimmy Savile accused in ITV documentary

+8
Pedro Silva
muratfan
greenink211
Sabot
lily
Maggs
bb1
Lamplighter
12 posters

Page 1 of 39 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next

Go down

Jimmy Savile accused in ITV documentary Empty Jimmy Savile accused in ITV documentary

Post  Lamplighter Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:41 am

ITV stands by Savile abuse claims
Press Association – 1 hour 10 minutes ago

ITV has said it stands by a documentary which claims Sir Jimmy Savile sexually abused schoolgirls after a member of his family said they are "disgusted and disappointed" by the allegations.
Exposure: The Other Side Of Jimmy Savile, which airs later this week, details claims from women dating to the 1970s, including allegations that he abused girls in his Rolls-Royce and at BBC TV Centre.
Roger Foster, Sir Jimmy's nephew, said his family is "disgusted and disappointed" that the allegations are being made when the presenter, who died on October 29 last year aged 84, is no longer around to defend himself. Mr Foster, from Goole, East Yorkshire, said he is not only concerned for Sir Jimmy's reputation and legacy but also for the damage the allegations could do to his charities.
An ITV spokesman said: "Because of the very serious nature of the claims made by several interviewees in relation to this, particular care and consideration was of course given to the decision to produce and broadcast this programme. The programme takes full account of the fact that Sir Jimmy is not here to defend himself against these claims."
Sir Jimmy was famous for TV shows like Jim'll Fix It and Top Of The Pops as well as being a DJ on BBC Radio 1.
ITV said the programme, presented by former detective Mark Williams-Thomas, features contributions from several women who claim that Sir Jimmy was a sexual predator who sexually assaulted them while they were under-age.
One woman alleges that she was raped by the DJ and another says she was asked to perform a sex act on him. ITV said one of the contributors explained how she was too frightened to speak out while Sir Jimmy was alive. They said the programme will allege that the broadcaster preyed on teenagers whom he invited to appear on his TV shows. One 14-year-old girl tells the programme how she met Sir Jimmy at a school in Surrey in 1974 and he assaulted her in his caravan which was parked in the school grounds.
The BBC responded to reports that inappropriate behaviour by Sir Jimmy was an "open secret" at the corporation by saying it found no evidence of any misconduct by the broadcaster. It said in a statement: "The BBC has conducted extensive searches of its files to establish whether there is any record of misconduct or allegations of misconduct by Sir Jimmy Savile during his time at the BBC. No such evidence has been found."
Mark Williams-Thomas, the former detective who presents the documentary, told ITV's Daybreak that the alleged victims had not come forward before because they "lived in fear for a very long time".
He said: "We know that children don't disclose abuse straight away; sometimes that takes a long time, for many, many reasons - their whole life changes, the circumstances change... And particularly talking out against Sir Jimmy Savile, who of course was a TV legend, (it is) very difficult to talk out about that, and they have been reassured of some confidence by talking now that he has died."
Oh dear, now the man is dead, let's speak out!! I personally didn't particularly like him but I dislike intensely this need for people to denigrate, humiliate and smear the dead. I wonder how much the accusers are/will be getting from the media for 'their story'? Sickening, but then what can one expect of these people? It does seem to be the in thing to make your millions on the back of dead celebrities. LL Rolling Eyes Shocked
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Jimmy Savile accused in ITV documentary Empty Re: Jimmy Savile accused in ITV documentary

Post  bb1 Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:01 pm

There's no way now of telling how much, if any, truth is in the allegations, but personally, I would have been more inclined to believe them if the people concerned hadn't waited till he was dead and buried.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Jimmy Savile accused in ITV documentary Empty Re: Jimmy Savile accused in ITV documentary

Post  Lamplighter Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:41 pm

bb1 wrote:There's no way now of telling how much, if any, truth is in the allegations, but personally, I would have been more inclined to believe them if the people concerned hadn't waited till he was dead and buried.
There were, as there always regarding a celeb, rumours, but I always understood he was gay, or at least that way inclined; not that it matters what his sexual preference was, but for me it's the allegations after he's dead. That to me smacks of ££££$$$$. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:48 pm

It does rather smack of libelling the dead because they can't answer back - all the while collecting ££££££££ from the media.

And let's suppose there is some truth in the allegations - what's the point of making them now? Why not, say, ten years ago, when he was alive and could have faced charges over them?

Do not tell me these now-grown women were too 'scared' to speak up while he was alive, because I don't believe it, frankly.

I suspect the truth lies somewhere in the middle, especially given the pop culture of that era.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:01 pm

He was a very wealthy UNMARRIED man, so maybe that was a motive? Get him interested, bed him, get pregnant, ratchet up the pressure and hey presto you are set up for life, or for as long as the marriage lasts and then you get the alimony. Just a possible scenario, IMHO. And now with these revelations you can sell your story to the newspapers, litigate against the family for all the wrongs done to you .... stinks to high heaven! LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:14 pm

Nah, nothing as intelligent and long-term as that, LL. More like, Hang around famous pop-type people in the hope of getting noticed . Then forty-odd years down the line, re-invent yourself as a 'victim' and get ££££££ for your tragic tale of exploitation. Don't mention the bit about you having been happy to be 'exploited' if it meant you got to wave at your mates from the superstar's Roller. After all, the superstar is no longer around to defend himself.

Pardon my cynicism about the whole business.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:22 pm

Pardon my cynicism about the whole business.
Well if 'writers' can do it, why not Joan Public? After all, dead is dead, and as far as I know,no-one has come back from The Other Place (Up or Down) to refute these kinds of allegations or else we would have 'Revelations with the Un-Dead Stars' instead of dancing with them! LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggs Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:22 pm

I see Sky, have added an update to their story.

Surrey Police confirmed it investigated an historic allegation of indecent assault against Sir Jimmy in 2007.

The allegation was said to have occurred at a children's home in Staines in the 1970s and the TV presenter was interviewed under caution.

The matter was referred to the Crown Prosecution Service, which advised there was insufficient evidence to take any further action.
Maggs
Maggs
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggs Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:31 pm

Breakingnews

Ester Rantzen: Rumours Followed Jimmy Savile

Childline founder Esther Rantzen tells Sky News there were always rumours that Sir Jimmy behaved inappropriately with children.

http://news.sky.com/story/991538/ester-rantzen-rumours-followed-jimmy-savile
Maggs
Maggs
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:37 pm

Thanks, Maggs. Just one thing - were people 'interviewed under caution' in England in the 70's?

I'm not defending the man, he wasn't greatly to my taste, but silly girls throwing themselves at celebs, or being prepared to do anything to get on telly for their 15 minutes of fame, is nothing new.

And IMO, they simply should not have waited till he was dead. If he genuinely had been a predator, what was stopping them from speaking out 10-20 years ago, when they were adults?

Why didn't they, as adults, speak out to perhaps help others who had been 'victims'?

I am very cynical about the whole business.

Oh, her. I never could stand Esther Rantzen; I can stand her even less now she is fronting ads for one of those ambulance-chasing legal firms.

She wasn't amiss to a bit of smut herself in her heyday, with those 'comedy' carrots she was forever waving around.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:41 pm

Apologies, I misread that, I see the interview was in 2007, the alleged incident was in the 70's.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:47 pm

I have a question.

Why is there such an uproar about these allegations - when there has been virtually no debate about a far greater scandal, involving real, horrible, proven child abuse?

Rochdale and child prostitution ringing any bells? Why isn't Rantzen shouting her head off about that? Or is that being ignored for the same reason as South Yorkshire police did nothing to help those poor children for years?

That nothing was done because it wasn't regarded as PC to act against a ring of vile perverts who happened to be Muslim?

So much easier to make allegations dating back forty years against a dead man than look at a real, contemporary evil in society.

Why isn't Rantzen on her high horse about that? Is she planning to send Saville's alleged 'victims' in the direction of the law group she advertises in the hope of a bit of compo money from his estate?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:49 pm

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggs Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:54 pm

bb1 wrote:Apologies, I misread that, I see the interview was in 2007, the alleged incident was in the 70's.

No problem, Bonny.

I never liked either Rantzen or Savile. But I'm not surprised to hear this about Jimmy Savile, he always came over as a bit of a creep to me.
As you say though, time will tell, if its true or not!

Maggs
Maggs
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:02 pm

I don't think we will ever know, Maggs, it's way, way too late.

If the allegations are true, then a court was the place for them to be aired, years ago. Justice cannot be done now.

If the allegations are untrue, then this is a smear campaign against a dead man who cannot defend himself.

And I must say, Rantzen shoving her oar in sets off my bullsh*t-o-meter.

Who knows, maybe she thinks a bit of compo money, courtesy of her lawyer employers, will help ease the 'victims'' pain?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:25 pm

By Coleen Nolan 1 Oct 2012 00:01
Coleen Nolan says Jimmy Savile made her feel uncomfortable as a teen

LOOSE Women star has chosen to speak out now because she feels it is important people listen to women who say they were abused by telly icon.

"I WAS horrified when I read in the papers the stories of women who say they were raped and abused by Sir Jimmy Savile as children.

I had my own uncomfortable situation with him in the 1970s, when I was just 14.

What happened to me was nothing compared to these other women’s situations but if I’d been alone with him under some different circumstances, it could have been much worse than it was.

Certainly he made me feel very uncomfortable and I don’t really want to go into detail about it now because this story is not about me – it’s about those poor girls who are finally feeling able to speak out.

After my experience, I didn’t make a big fuss about it because no one did back then. It was a different world.

That is why I feel it is so ­important that these women’s stories are listened to now.

Because, back in the 1960s and 70s, abuse of children just wasn’t really discussed.

That’s why so many perverted people got away with it while so many children were forced to suffer in silence.

One of the best things of the past few decades is that greater ­openness in our society means that abuse is much less likely to go ­unchallenged or covered up."
Another one jumping on the bandwagon; who remembers her or her singing sisters? LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:43 pm

The Nolan Sisters were even less to my taste than Jimmy Saville, LL. Or Esther Rantzen, come to that.

I don't know whether there is any substance to these claims or not, and we never will know now. Thing is, it's all very well going on about things being different 'back then'. But that doesn't apply ten, fifteen or even twenty years ago, when these 'victims' were grown women and Saville was alive.

So why wait till he's dead and buried? Frankly, I cannot see him as this all-powerful figure they were all terrified of; indeed, when they were grown adults, surely they had a responsibility to speak out, to protect young people? What was he going to do, blow cigar smoke at them?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if some of them are not smelling compo money from the millions he left, frankly.

And what is Rantzen's role in this? She founded Childline, but is now going all girly and coy and claiming she heard rumours, but - didn't do anything about them at the time? What's that about?

I personally suspect the truth is somewhere in the middle, LL. I will try to put this as politely as possible....in the pop culture of the 70's, girls were throwing themselves at musicians, etc. I think it is entirely possible that Saville may have taken advantage of that situation and behaved badly and inappropriately. But that's a long way from what he is being accused of now.

Whatever the truth is, we are never going to know it now.

He either escaped justice for decades, or is innocent and being smeared now he can't answer back.

I wonder how long it is going to take for the first claim for 'compensation' to be lodged?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:45 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/991538/esther-rantzen-rumours-followed-jimmy-savile

Jimmy Savile accused in ITV documentary Rexfeatures-145459d-1-522x293

Esther Rantzen and Jimmy Savile in 1988

I see. And that ^^^^^^ was despite all these rumours she alleges were 'always' flying around.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:57 pm

As I remember, she and Jimmy were the top dogs at the BBC so maybe as she tended to be No 2 maybe she's seeking a little revenge? Whatever her motives, I have never liked her. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:00 pm

I am afraid this:

Jimmy Savile accused in ITV documentary Rexfeatures-145459d-1-522x293

rather demolishes her claims, doesn't it? That is tacky under any circumstances; given the claims she is making today, it is beyond tasteless.

No, I am NOT going to have a Caption Competition. vomit
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggs Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:27 pm

Lamplighter wrote:
By Coleen Nolan 1 Oct 2012 00:01
Coleen Nolan says Jimmy Savile made her feel uncomfortable as a teen

LOOSE Women star has chosen to speak out now because she feels it is important people listen to women who say they were abused by telly icon.

"I WAS horrified when I read in the papers the stories of women who say they were raped and abused by Sir Jimmy Savile as children.

I had my own uncomfortable situation with him in the 1970s, when I was just 14.

What happened to me was nothing compared to these other women’s situations but if I’d been alone with him under some different circumstances, it could have been much worse than it was.

Certainly he made me feel very uncomfortable and I don’t really want to go into detail about it now because this story is not about me – it’s about those poor girls who are finally feeling able to speak out.

After my experience, I didn’t make a big fuss about it because no one did back then. It was a different world.

That is why I feel it is so ­important that these women’s stories are listened to now.

Because, back in the 1960s and 70s, abuse of children just wasn’t really discussed.

That’s why so many perverted people got away with it while so many children were forced to suffer in silence.

One of the best things of the past few decades is that greater ­openness in our society means that abuse is much less likely to go ­unchallenged or covered up."
Another one jumping on the bandwagon; who remembers her or her singing sisters? LL

Yes LL, I saw this pic in the Mail.

Jimmy Savile accused in ITV documentary Articl10

May have been a bit close for comfort at the time, when she was 14.

xxxxhttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2210972/Jimmy-Savile-As-string-age-girls-say-star-abused-did-BBC-bosses-turn-blind-eye.html?ITO=1490
Maggs
Maggs
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:57 pm

He'd have been a perfect target for a slap in the chops.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:40 pm

To me that looks like a 'staged' picture, is it from 'Top of the Pops'?. He is either singing with her (?) or else is interviewing her. And if she found him 'creepy' they she could have said she's rather not let him put his arm round her. No one would have queried it, they might have tried to talk her into posing with him but even at 14 she could have refused. And I expect her mother was there, and more than likely her sisters. No, I see no problems with that pic; if I couldn't see both hands then that would be a different matter. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:08 pm

Who knows where the truth lies, LL? I certainly won't be watching the documentary.

It's Ms Rantzen who is irritating me. She claimed today that these rumours had 'always' followed him around. So what was she doing, er, nibbling his medallion, in 1988, by which time she was heavily involved in charities to help abused children? Given her high-profile position, surely it was her duty to do something then?

But she didn't.

She did nothing till she turned up today, hopping on the bandwagon. If all this had been going on, and 'everyone' knew about it, she was the one person who was perfectly placed to do something about it, IMO.

But she didn't.

Either she helped a monster evade justice, or she is smearing a man who cannot answer back. IMO, too much time has passed for the truth to be known, one way or another, but I really do not like her grossly hypocritical outpourings today.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:14 pm

Either she helped a monster evade justice, or she is smearing a man who cannot answer back. IMO, too much time has passed for the truth to be known, one way or another, but I really do not like her grossly hypocritical outpourings today.
That is what is really getting me angry, Bonny. I hope the holier than thou impression she tries to give to the world had been severely compromised and that charities will step back and review her comments before asking her to front them in future. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 39 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next