JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Jimmy Savile accused in ITV documentary - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Jimmy Savile accused in ITV documentary - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Jimmy Savile accused in ITV documentary - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Jimmy Savile accused in ITV documentary - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Jimmy Savile accused in ITV documentary - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Jimmy Savile accused in ITV documentary - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Jimmy Savile accused in ITV documentary - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Jimmy Savile accused in ITV documentary - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Jimmy Savile accused in ITV documentary - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Jimmy Savile accused in ITV documentary

+8
Pedro Silva
muratfan
greenink211
Sabot
lily
Maggs
bb1
Lamplighter
12 posters

Page 2 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next

Go down

Jimmy Savile accused in ITV documentary - Page 2 Empty Re: Jimmy Savile accused in ITV documentary

Post  bb1 Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:19 pm

I am actually angry, LL, silly though that sounds. You cannot square this:

Jimmy Savile accused in ITV documentary - Page 2 Rexfeatures-145459d-1-522x293

taken in 1988, with her remark about him.

In 1988, she was a leading light in charities supposedly helping abused children.

So what was she playing at? Maybe she's 'forgotten' that photo exists?

She is the ONE PERSON who was perfectly placed to help the young people he is alleged to have abused - but she didn't. She chose NOT to whistleblow. Instead, she chose to pose for truly ghastly photos with him.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Jimmy Savile accused in ITV documentary - Page 2 Empty Re: Jimmy Savile accused in ITV documentary

Post  Lamplighter Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:51 am

Sir Jimmy Savile allegations: Call for his knighthood to be stripped posthumously over child abuse claims

Sir Jimmy Savile could be posthumously stripped of his knighthood in the wake of sickening child abuse allegations.

A Cabinet Office source confirmed the “unprecedented” move will be considered if the claims are found to have substance.

Savile was knighted in the Queen’s Birthday Honours list in 1990, in addition to an OBE he received in 1971 for services to charity and broadcasting.

Calls for his title to be revoked were posted on the Government’s official e-petitions website, although they were later removed because the site bans discussions about honours and appointments.

Hundreds more shocked fans vented their fury on Twitter and Facebook.

One wrote: “If you can posthumously take away a knighthood, Jimmy Savile should be number one on the list.”

The Cabinet Office source said: “To remove someone’s knighthood after their death is virtually unheard of, but it is possible.

“It would normally only be considered where an individual has been convicted of a criminal offence or officially censured by a professional body.”

For heaven's sake, so far they are ALLEGATIONS, not proven facts. When they have been examined in depth, and it is accepted that the women are telling the truth, THEN is the time to consider such a move. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:00 pm

Hyped-up TV documentaries involving Rantzen and co are scarcely the way to get to anything resembling the truth, LL.

IMO, the circus should stop NOW and the police be given a chance to investigate, quietly and discreetly.

If the allegations are true, then a monster has escaped justice, but the truth being recognised may give the alleged victims a sense of closure.

If the allegations are untrue, then an innocent man has been smeared in a most vile way when he cannot defend himself.

I won't be watching the documentary, I cannot stand Rantzen being self-righteous. And whatever happened in the 70's, this documentary will NOT help - throwing petrol on fires never does.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:50 pm

It's trial by Internet again, isn't it? What happened to giving even an accused man the right to defend himself? Oh, of course, smearing them when they are dead is the norm nowadays as we know only to well. If he is guilty then there is no way in hell I would defend him,but until the police had proven, beyond doubt, his guilt I will uphold his right to a fair judgement - I use that word as he cannot have a trial now. And no way is it going to stop, the media have their hooks into it, and a sex slanted story sells papers and TV time. I still have problems with the timeline; over 35 years before anyone comes forward and only after the subject is dead? LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:43 am

Seeing as how the press and police were crawling all over the BBC and TOTP in the early seventies, during the sex and payola scandal - why did no-one speak out then?

Given the extent of that particular scandal, this claim about not being believed doesn't really wash:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janie_Jones

Marion Mitchell (born 1941,[1] Seaham, County Durham), better known by her stage name, Janie Jones, was an English singer. She became renowned for being a madame in London during the 1970s, and was jailed for her involvement in the BBC Radio One 'sex for airplay' payola scandal. She first achieved notoriety in August 1964, when she attended the film premiere of London in the Raw, wearing a topless dress.

Jones had been a pop singer in the 1960s, her best results coming from the cackling novelty number "Witches Brew" which peaked at number 46 in the UK Singles Chart.[2] The cabaret singer was imprisoned for seven years in 1973 for her involvement in 'controlling prostitutes', and for her part in the Radio One payola scandal, that was broken by a story in the News of the World.[3]
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:51 am

It comes back to the time lapse between what supposedly happened then and what is being claimed now, doesn't it? LL hmmm
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:17 am

Quite, LL. Now, I have no problem believing Saville was a sleaze, and a bit of a dirty old man....

But I was reading through the alleged victims' claims last night, when it dawned on me that - how can I put it? There had been a bit of trading going on between Saville and the alleged victims. I suspect that may have a lot to do with them not coming forward till he was dead and unable to remind them about gifts given, etc.

The fact that so many of them had become 'models' also struck me.

The truth will never be known now, and the allegations are getting wilder and wilder with every day. One particular lurid tale simply did not ring true - even today, I don't see any parent letting their sixteen-year-old daughter meet an older, single bloke in a London hotel.

But that was supposedly OK in the 1960's? I don't think so, somehow....

IMO, the truth is somewhere in the middle. Saville wasn't squeaky clean - but neither were some of the alleged victims.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:37 am

Of course he wasn't squeaky clean, not many show biz products ever are. It's not whether he was guilty or not, it's this waiting till he can't defend himself that gets me angry. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:59 am

It's the 21st century equivalent of accusing someone of witchcraft, isn't it? It stands the law of civilised nations on its head - the accused has to prove they are innocent.

It's especially bad because the accused person is dead.

And I am sorry, there was nothing stopping them coming forward five or ten years ago, Saville was an elderly man by then and no threat to anyone.

This crap about him being 'too powerful' reminds me of the crap spewed about the McCanns being Masters of the Universe.

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:43 am

Documentary details Savile claims
Press Association – 7 hours ago

Detailed testimonies of women who claim they were sexually abused by Sir Jimmy Savile when they were schoolgirls have been broadcast on television.
A number of alleged victims were interviewed as part of a documentary aired on Wednesday night amid growing allegations against the late Top of the Pops host.
Their historic accounts, which detailed how the presenter allegedly targeted girls in his BBC dressing room and private Rolls Royce, were shown after Surrey Police confirmed it had referred a historic rape allegation against the Jim'll Fix It star to Scotland Yard.
The Surrey force has also confirmed it investigated Sir Jimmy over abuse claims in 2007, but dropped the case due to a lack of evidence, while Jersey and Sussex Police said they had both received complaints about the star. Scotland Yard added on Wednesday night that it was also assessing a small number of other allegations.
In Exposed: The Other Side of Jimmy Savile, a total of five women claimed they were indecently assaulted by the TV and radio personality when they were schoolgirls in the late 1960s and 1970s.
Two of the alleged victims said they first had sexual relations with the TV and radio personality when they were 15 - with a number of the indecent acts taking place in his dressing room at BBC television centre.
The first woman, who did not wish to reveal her identity, said she lost her virginity when she was raped by Sir Jimmy at the age of 16. She described how she first met the star a year earlier on the set of Top of the Pops and was invited into his dressing room where Sir Jimmy touched her "intimately" under her skirt.
The second woman met Savile, who raised an estimated £40 million for good causes, in 1968 when she was 15. She claimed the star had full sex with her for the first time in a London hotel. The woman, who also kept her identity private, said she went on to have sex with Sir Jimmy in his dressing room at BBC television centre on a number of occasions.
Meanwhile, a circular gold plaque displayed in Scarborough as a memorial to Sir Jimmy, who had a home in the town, was subject to a graffiti attack with the words "rapist" and "paedophile".
Authorities in North Yorkshire say they are now reviewing security at the cemetery where his headstone was placed, following his death at the age of 84 last year. A statue of the star has also been taken down in Glasgow.
It's only allegations by un-named women, yet already his statue in Glasgow has been removed and graffiti sprayed on a plaque in Scarborough. And now his grave is in danger .... LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:47 am

Shows how easy it is to whip up a mob, doesn't it?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:46 pm

It appears that someone who is neither dead nor Gary Glitter has now been dragged into this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/9588090/Freddie-Starr-sees-libel-injunction-overturned.html

I never much liked him, either, but if allegations about him are now flying, then the whole matter may well end up going to court.

Which is a vast improvement on trial by media.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:49 pm

Also here:

http://m.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/oct/04/freddie-starr-itv-injunction?cat=uk&type=article

quote:

Mr Justice Tugendhat threw out the injunction at a hearing at the high court on Thursday afternoon. In his judgment, Tugendhat said the injunction should never had been heard because it was a claim for libel and there was no evidence that any publisher planned to report the allegation.

The judge added: "The upshot is that there is not any evidence of intent by any of the defendants to commit an unlawful act. The defendants would in any event only publish an allegation that they consider they would be able to defend. Therefore the court cannot grant an injunction."
Tugendhat cautioned that his judgment should not undermine any potential legal "remedy" Starr may later seek concerning the allegation.
The Guardian remains unable to report the allegation for legal reasons, notwithstanding the fact that it is denied by Starr. The allegation has not been described in open court.

Last edited by bb1 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : eta link)
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:40 am

Scotland Yard are now investigating:

http://news.sky.com/story/993441/jimmy-savile-inquiry-to-be-led-by-met-police

It might be a good idea for certain of the hounders to stop dribbling on their keyboards in anticipation of getting 'names' and 'details' to 'speculate' about. Some of the remarks they have been making would look none too savoury in a newspaper.

Yoyo's remarks about Megan Stammers have not passed unnoticed.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:18 pm

And another one jumps on the bandwagon:

http://news.sky.com/story/993643/savile-street-porter-heard-sex-abuse-claim

Savile: Street-Porter Heard Sex Abuse Claim
The broadcaster says, when she worked at the BBC in the 1980s, she heard allegations Sir Jimmy Savile had assaulted girls.

Janet Street-Porter says she was aware of rumours about Sir Jimmy Savile's alleged abuse of underage girls when she worked at the BBC during the late 1980s.

The broadcaster and journalist said there was a culture of inappropriate behaviour in the entertainment industry.

She claimed that, even if she had raised allegations about the Jim'll Fix It presenter with the BBC, nothing would have been done.

Speaking on BBC's Question Time, she said: "A lot of people in the BBC knew what was going on.

"I heard the rumours but I was working in an environment that was totally male.

"Do you really think that if I said to someone at the BBC higher up than me this was going on - they wouldn't have taken any notice of me whatsoever."

Ms Street-Porter, who started working in commercial television as a presenter in 1975, said she had been aware of "things going on in dressing rooms" across the industry.

"There was definitely a culture where there was inappropriate sexual behaviour, not necessarily with underage boys and girls, but there was a culture in light entertainment that made me feel uncomfortable," she added.

A growing number of people have come forward to allege that Sir Jimmy sexually assaulted them.

It follows a documentary in which five women claimed they had been abused by the late Top of the Pops host when they were schoolgirls in the late 1960s and 1970s - some while on BBC premises.

Police have not launched a formal investigation, although the Metropolitan Police is assessing the claims.

"Our priority will be to ensure a proportionate and consistent policing response, putting the victims at the heart of our inquiries," the force said in a statement.

"It is too early to say how many individual allegations there are, and we will be making contact with all those concerned in due course."

The BBC said it will assist police with any investigation.

A spokesman said: "We have asked the BBC investigations unit to make direct contact with all the police forces in receipt of allegations and offer to help them investigate these matters and provide full support to any lines of inquiry they wish to pursue."

-------------

And what, pray tell, is the point of her revealing this now? She and Rantzen were both in prominent positions in the entertainment business; surely they were better placed than anyone to put a stop to this and save more girls from harm?

Rantzen in particular should find a stone and crawl under it, IMO. There wasn't much point in her starting Childline if she was choosing to ignore something happening right under her nose, was there?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:29 pm

They didn't want to upset the apple cart regarding their own lovely lifestyles, more like?

Wink
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:34 pm

Jimmy Savile accused in ITV documentary - Page 2 Rexfeatures-145459d-1-522x293

Says it all.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:35 pm

There you go. Wink

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:33 pm

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:12 pm

I stopped reading it, LL, there were so many of them coming out of the woodwork with tales of being 'groped' by Saville, it was starting to get farcical.

Now, as I have said previously, I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle, and he did abuse his position, and some young girls.

But - I can see why a lot of them waited till he was dead.

One of them had a FOUR YEAR relationship with him.

Another one gaily announced:

Sandra was 23 when she won a beauty contest and wrote to Savile asking for work experience – an offer he quickly took up.
She said she was invited to Savile’s caravan in 1970, which he kept in the car park outside the BBC studios in West London.
At the time, Savile worked for Radio One. After discussing her career, she says Savile started ‘to get heavy with her’. The pair had sex in the caravan on a double bed draped with a goat-skin rug. She said:‘I certainly didn’t fancy him. I just thought “this might make me famous” – it all happened very quickly. I just thought he was a bit of a dirty old man.

Then wondered why she was treated as less than a virginal princess afterwards...

Moral - if you don't want treated like a wh*re, then don't act like one.

I am sorry if people are offended by that, but for her to play the victim is a piece of nonsense.

Another one announced that Freddie Starr had assaulted her, along with Glitter and Saville.

It transpired that an extremely angry Freddie Starr hadn't even met her, and couldn't stand Glitter and Saville. So where does that leave her allegations? Maybe she shouldn't have named someone who is neither dead nor a convicted paedophile?

Scotland Yard are looking into the whole thing now, and I suspect they are going to have to wade through a lot of sob stories from repentant, now-ageing groupies to get to the heart of the matter.

It worries me that because of the repentant, now-ageing groupies, testimony of the women who were GENUINE victims as children is going to be tarnished and dismissed. IMO, there is a very real danger of that.

And I am still angry with Rantzen and her crocodile tears. She was one of the most powerful women in TV at the time, and married to no less a person than Desmond Wilcox.

If anyone could have stopped Saville, she could. Instead, she chose to be photographed nibbling his bl**dy medallion.

So where does that leave Childline, that its founder did NOTHING about any of this?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:32 pm

This is a good piece:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2213931/Little-slaves-sordid-boasts-dark-truth-friend-Jimmy-Savile-biographer.html

But don't look at it if you have just eaten, the first photo is even more yukky than Rantzen nibbling his medallion.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:23 pm

Latest.

Jimmy Savile Claims: BBC To Hold Inquiry
Sky News – 1 hour 1 minute ago

The BBC has said it will hold an inquiry into allegations of sexual abuse against Sir Jimmy Savile. The corporation's director-general said the probe would take place after the criminal investigation is complete.

Speaking on the Radio 4 Today programme, George Entwistle said he would like to "apologise on behalf of the organisation" in the wake of the allegations of sexual abuse against the former DJ and star of Jim'll Fix It. He said the women involved had "gone through something awful", which he "deeply regrets".

Mr Entwistle spoke out a day after the Prime Minister called for allegations of sexual abuse against the late celebrity, who was employed by the BBC at the time, to be fully investigated. David Cameron said the claims from a number of women which have emerged over recent weeks that they were abused by Savile as teenagers were "truly shocking".

Mr Entwistle, who took over as director-general at the BBC last month, said there needed to be a "comprehensive examination" of what went on, following the police investigation. He said: "At the heart of what went on are a series of criminal allegations about the behaviour of Sir Jimmy Savile. Now, the way to deal with those is to make sure that the police, who are the only properly constituted authority for dealing with criminal investigations, are allowed to make the examinations and inquiries they need to make. So ... it is critically important that we start by putting the BBC at the disposal of the police in this regard."

Any BBC probe, he added, would examine the "broad question of what was going and whether anybody around Jimmy Savile knew what was going on". Mr Entwistle refuted claims that Newsnight was forced to axe an investigation into the Saville abuse claims, due to be broadcast on the BBC programme before Christmas last year.

He said: "The BBC is designed in such a way that news and current affairs programmes are protected from the interests and influence of the rest of the organisation." He added: "With the benefit of hindsight I think we could all wish that Newsnight had been able to go as far as ITV went." Asked why the BBC ran a eulogy on Savile after evidence surfaced, he said: "I didn't know what had become of that investigation, I didn't know what discoveries, if any, that they had. A great many people in the country loved Jimmy Savile and wanted to contribute to that programme." Meanwhile, police child abuse officers have met BBC officials to discuss allegations over Savile.

Scotland Yard said they were contacting all individuals who have made claims about the late presenter and should know how many victims there are some time this week.
A growing number of victims have come forward to allege that Savile sexually assaulted them after five women took part in an ITV documentary claiming that they had been abused.

Jim Gamble, the former head of the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre, welcomed the BBC’s internal review but warned it would only be "credible" if it had the expertise and independence "that will deal with the perception, perhaps, that this culture of cover-up still exists within the organisation".
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:33 pm

Thanks, LL. I heard Rantzen on the radio earlier today - being used as a floormop by another woman, whose name I didn't catch.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next