JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 5 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 5 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA

+3
Rose
bb1
Lamplighter
7 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 5 Empty Re: ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA

Post  Lamplighter Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:25 am

An interesting discussion this morning, not heated, just factual. LL

http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/insidestoryamericas/2012/12/2012121895811272151.html
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 5 Empty Re: ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA

Post  Lamplighter Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:52 pm

For anyone interested in seeing assorted points of view. I was wondering exactly why Piers is so focussed on this, then I remembered he has a daughter about 21/2 years old who, if he stays in the USA, will attend an elementary school just like Sandy Hook. LL http://piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com/2012/12/14/piers-morgan-on-the-newtown-ct-school-shooting-how-many-more-kids-have-to-die-before-you-guys-say-we-want-less-guns-not-more/
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:26 pm

I'll be honest, LL, I don't think Piers is helping - I don't see Americans taking any too kindly to being lectured by Limeys.

Calm heads and co-operation are needed here, and sensible discussion - as on AJ. There seems to be recognition all round, even from the NRA, that things simply cannot go on like this, and it would be a shame if that was scuppered by a ranting Brit, however well-intentioned.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:50 pm

T think I would get more than annoyed at some holier than thou creature calling me a bucholic brit - ie a drunk. Actually the only time he gets mad is if people make stupid remarks, like saying all teachers should be armed! I'd be inclined to smack someone in the teeth if they said that to me. Yes the AlJazeera segments are calmer but then the guests on there tend to be more of the professional kind, they don't call people names. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:24 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1027296/school-shooting-obama-wants-new-gun-policies

The panel will explore possible new gun legislation to rein in the sale of assault rifles and high-capacity magazines, but will also look at mental health policies and violence in popular culture.

I take it that means they are going to do something about mentally unbalanced individuals, especially if they spend their time in mom's basement watching dehumanising, desensitising, video games and films?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:40 pm

Removing the stigma of mental illness, ie get the families to open up when they realise a member is less than stable would be a very good idea. But people still hide the problem away and refuse to acknowledge it exists -left over, I suppose, from a hundred years ago when to have a mentally ill person in the family was worse than having a venereal disease. Also, the old idea of a close knit loving family doesn't really exist nowadays; parents are not married, divorced, adults don't have close contact with their parents etc. I am blessed in that my family is close, my kids keep in contact with the old man, their kids are always sending me emails, postcards, even letters. It must be terrible to be 'alone' as Adam Lanza must have been; mother is there, dad isn't, and mum seems to be off her rocker, which doesn't make for a happy environment for anyone. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:53 pm

There is, IMO, going to have to be less talk of 'rights' and more of responsibilities, LL.

If the son had been in mainstream education, there is every chance that his deteriorating condition would have been picked up on before it was too late.

But cooped up with a weapons-mad mother, who was convinced doomsday is imminent, whilst playing these ghastly video games - on top of his own mental issues? It was a recipe for disaster and tragedy.

And his mother could NOT have been acting responsibly with her arsenal; if she had, he wouldn't have been able to kill her with her own gun. If she hadn't had so many, then he may well have killed her, and himself - but he would not have been able to slaughter so many innocent children and their teachers.

BTW, I apply my rant about responsibilities to the UK as much as the US - there is a growing gun culture here, which gets ignored as long as it is gang-on-gang.

Thing is, if the late Mrs Lanza had obeyed the EXISTING gun law in Connecticut, then this couldn't have happened. There is, IMO, a lot more than just firearms control that needs to scrutinized.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:50 pm

Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:34 am

Convicted murderer/madman with a gun, a note saying he wanted to burn down the neighborhood and do what he enjoyed best, killing people - same Bushmaster semi-auto as was used in Newton, plus two other guns -

http://www.mail.com/int/video/topvideos/1786652-police-man-who-shot-2-firemen-killing-plan.html#.1272-rightcolumn-mostviewed1-5

ETA: Remains were found at the main fire scene which the police say are most probably those of his 63 year old sister.
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:41 pm

Mail Online: Thursday, Jan 10 2013 6PM
Two 'injured' at school shooting in California before police take gunman into custody
By MEGHAN KENEALLY

At least two people were shot in a California high school on Thursday morning and police have taken the shooter into custody.

The shooting took place at Taft Union High School just outside of Bakersfield, California though no official statements have been released.

The local ABC affiliate received two separate calls from people who were hiding in closets during the incident which began around 9.20am.

Latest incident: Taft Union High School was the scene of a school shooting on Thursday morning and initial reports said that two people were injured but only one needed medical attention

As of 11am, officials from the Kern County Sheriff's Department were still checking each room in the school.

The public school was originally opened in 1912 and has no known history of similar violent incidents.

The sheriff confirmed that one student was shot and had to be airlifted to Kern Medical Center with undisclosed injuries.

The second person reported only minor injuries and refused medical treatment at the scene.

Neither of the individuals have been identified, only to say that the one with more serious injuries was a student at the school.

Parents are being told to pick up all of the other students at the school's football field immediately.

Ray Pruitt, the spokesman for the Kern County Sheriff, said that a shotgun was used in the attack and the suspect is thought to be a student at the school.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2260343/Two-injured-school-shooting-California-police-gunman-custody.html#ixzz2HbDv5Gh6
Will all this ever stop? LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:50 pm

Yes, when someone manages to change the genetic code of the entire human race. I am afraid violence is in there, irremovably, along with more altruistic traits.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:19 pm

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:03 pm

http://blog.sfgate.com/sfmoms/2013/01/15/nras-new-target-shooting-app-for-gun-enthusiasts-age-4-and-over/

They also apparently used Obama's kids in a you tube ad, but this has now been removed. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:22 pm

It may be a hoax:

http://news.sky.com/story/1038594/nra-shooting-video-game-branded-outrageous

Not that it matters, as it seems to have gone down well with those who tried it....

IMO, the more noise there is about this, the more opinion is being polarised, and Piers Morgan made matters worse. Americans do not like Brits telling them what to do.

Especially not Brits who are suspected of involvement in phone hacking, and who betrayed their own country's service men and women by printing fake 'torture' photos.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:31 am

When you consider that not only do Obama's children attend this school but it is the school of choice for other DC politicians.

So, if its okay for their children to be kept safe, why aren't other people's children worth protecting?

http://now.msn.com/obama-daughters-attend-school-with-11-armed-guards

Oh, the city with the most gun crimes in schools is also a city with strict gun control law......Chicago.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-06-26/news/ct-met-cps-student-violence-0625-20120626_1_cps-students-students-shot-safe-haven-program

And......people like Morgan and other celebrities can afford bodyguards who are.......armed. That's why they are called bodyguards or 'minders'. Makes them erm.....hypocrites doesn't it?

When Morgan first started on TV in the US I thought he wouldn't last as he was not professional at all but he got better.

He is an arrogant person who thinks he can tell Americans what they should and should not do. I cannot tolerate him for that reason and it doesn't matter what the content is.

His ratings took a nosedive not too long ago but this controversy has put him back in the news. So, take from that what you will.

Truthfully, I think it is sad that people need to even consider protecting themselves in this way but until society radically changes, I don't know what else we can do. It is the criminal's life or your loved ones' at stake. If you think the police can arrive immediately to assist you, they rarely can. This is not their fault it is just the way it is so you are basically on your own.

One more thing.....sorry......when there was a spate of banks being held up by armed robbers, the banks hired visible armed guards to protect them. Just saying....... Pcorneater

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:33 am

If you think the police can arrive immediately to assist you, they rarely can.

There is virtually NO chance of that happening in the UK - you are on your own here. I do NOT trust the police and authorities to protect me or my family any more.

The bad guys are all armed, and penalties for the most heinous crimes are a joke.

If it was legal in the UK to keep, say, a handgun at home - after training, checks, etc, of course - then I would have one because our politically-correct police cannot protect me or my family .

And they aren't really going to bother trying, not now Cameron is slashing their numbers, and their wages.

I don't care whether Piers Morgan likes it or not, his expensively-clad backside is well protected and never in the slightest danger.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:05 pm

Thank you, Bonny.

I am so in agreement with you and what you have to say as you ARE on your own until the police can arrive.

It is very interesting that these crimes have all taken place in gun free zones.

I wonder if the crazy criminals would have done what they did if they were in areas where people were allowed to have guns?

Morgan is well protected and/or definitely has the means to do so. So, I don't care what he has to say about anything anymore. He can talk to the hand. Pcorneater

ETA: He doesn't like being asked about the phone hacking etc back in the UK. biggrin
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:26 pm

In an ideal world no-one would have guns, or weapons of any kind. But this is not an ideal world.

I can't see the US going down the UK route, where the criminals and crazies are armed, and the law-abiding defenceless - and police-less, very often.

Portugal had to hire armed guards for its hotels, much to our horror - because it IS horrifying.

I don't know what the answer is, but it is not black and white - and Piers Morgan is in no position to lecture anyone. Reading elsewhere on the internet, it would seem his intervention was a positive gift to the gun lobby and has polarized positions even further.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:36 pm

It has been suggested that mental health issues need looking at. And also possibly reducing the number of guns that one household should own.
I don't know about Piers Morgan because I wasn't much aware of him before he went to America, but surely he is entitled to an opinion? America is very much in favour of it's First Amendment, or is that only for American Citizens? Although a few of them are only too keen to expound on The McCann Affair.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:37 pm

PS. I would buy a gun of some kind if I could be bothered to go through the hassle.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:48 pm

I would do the same, Sabot.

Piers Morgan is in no position to be lecturing anyone, about anything. He went well beyond having an opinion, and started laying down the law and preaching to Americans. Which has made matters worse.

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:24 pm

The First Amendment applies to everyone who resides there, Sabot.

I think Piers Morgan should go alone and unarmed to one of the most unsafe areas of Los Angeles for a few days or better yet, Chicago. Pcorneater
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:46 pm

3 wounded in Houston college shooting
By Catherine E. Shoichet and Mariano Castillo, CNN
January 22, 2013 -- Updated 2023 GMT (0423 HKT)

(CNN) -- Three people, at least two of them students, were wounded in crossfire as two people shot at each other at a Texas community college Tuesday, a school spokesman said.
One of the shooters was among the wounded and is in custody at the North Harris Campus of Lone Star College, spokesman Jed Young said. The other shooter fled the campus, he said.
A fourth person at the college suffered a heart attack during the shooting, according to a federal law enforcement official who received reports from the scene. Initial reports indicate the shooting occurred at the school's library, the official said.
Maj. Armando Tello of the Harris County Sheriff's Office told reporters that the situation was "ongoing," and that a person of interest had been detained.
"The police believe the danger has been mitigated," Young said. "The school is under control but still being evacuated."
There were more than 10,000 students at the campus at the time of the shooting, Young said.
"Please don't go to campus! If you are on campus. Use caution!" a post on the school's Facebook page said.
Police and emergency responders swarmed an entrance to the campus, aerial video from KPRC showed.
Medical personnel were seen treating at least two people and moving them to ambulances. One person appeared to be handcuffed to a stretcher. Students were jogging away from some buildings, with their hands up in the air, presumably in response to police instruction.
"I heard no less than five shots and I just ran," one student told CNN affiliate KTRK. "My heart was pounding. I was praying I wouldn't hear anymore shots. I was with a bunch of other people running and someone yelled out, 'don't push!' People were crying, I had tears in my eyes."
Another witness told KTRK he saw blood on the ground and someone shot in the leg.
"Beside him, there was one guy in handcuffs," he said.
"I just heard somebody screaming and then after that I heard the shots," another student told KPRC.
The Lone Star College system is the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area, and the fastest-growing community college system in Texas, according to its website.
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:52 pm

I must own up to not really caring if whackjobs improve the gene pool by shooting each other; pity they had to involve innocent bystanders.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:14 pm

There are some things Obama really shouldn't get photographed doing....

ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 5 Article-2272417-174DC334000005DC-142_634x431

Guns a blazing: The White House released this picture, taken on Aug. 4, of the president skeet shooting after skeptics questioned Mr Obama's claim that he enjoyed shooting at Camp David

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2272417/Obama-gets-gun-White-House-releases-photo-President-skeet-shooting-attempt-silence-gun-lobby-critics.html#ixzz2Jl7XjekL
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next