JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 4 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 4 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA

+3
Rose
bb1
Lamplighter
7 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 4 Empty Re: ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA

Post  bb1 Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:45 pm

Parents of children at the Sandy Hook school have visited a gun store asking to buy weapons for protection in the wake of the shooting.

One gun shop owner in Newtown reported that a couple had been in his shop looking for something to help safeguard their family.

Sales of weapons have soared in the wake of Friday's shooting, according to anecdotal evidence from stores.

The same happened in July after the Colorado movie theatre massacre: the number of people getting approval to buy a guns increased by 43% in a week.

What can you possibly say?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 4 Empty Re: ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA

Post  Pedro Silva Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:24 pm

Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:02 pm

Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:46 pm

'Guns are not bling... they are killing machines': Judge's warning as he jails gangsters for 81 years for killing man they mistook for crack dealer

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2249554/Guns-bling--killing-machines-Judges-warning-jails-gangsters-81-years-killing-innocent-man.html#ixzz2FLt1irGH
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

That was in London. Good job guns are banned in the UK, isn't it?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:20 am

You will never stop gang members having guns, and these were drug dealers. But there is a ban on your ordinary UK citizen having guns; I remember it well as I had quite a few of my dad's historic guns, all of which were capable of being used, in London and I had to pack them up and ship them out of the UK before the ban came into effect. Many of the shootings in the USA are not gang related - in LA, Miami, New York yes, but not a sleepy little place like Newtown. I see US senators, some of whom are actually supported by the pro gun lobby are at last voicing their concerns. LL

ETA It was a family decision to keep the guns, but a few years later I did sell the collection as I didn't like having them around, to be truthful. I was happy when they were gone.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2249533/US-gun-control-NRA-member-Senator-comes-favor-MORE-regulation-nation-gears-tough-debate.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:19 am

I quite understand that, LL. The point I was trying to make is that it is wrong to pretend that there is no gun crime in the UK, there is, but no-one pays any attention as long as it is gang-on-gang.

It's only when an atrocity happens, such as the Cumbria killings, or the murder of the policewomen, that anyone notices. Until their deaths, only those directly affected had paid much attention to the rash of shootings in Manchester.

I would argue that the reason Brits don't routinely have guns is not because they are mysteriously morally superior; it's because the authorities know that Brits are just as trigger happy as Americans if they get half a chance, and are not hampered by 200 year old laws in disarming most of the British public.

As well as trying to restrict gun ownership, IMO authorities everywhere MUST pay more attention to mental health issues. The warning signs were all there in Connecticut, from what we know so far, but no-one put the pieces together till it was too late.

Just as in Dunblane and Cumbria.

ETA, I don't care if it is their Yuman Rite, or 2nd Amendment right, for unbalanced people to carry firearms; when alarm bells start going off, their access to firearms has to be stopped. Even if that means confiscating mommy's arsenal.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:49 am

There was a piece on Radio 4 yesterday which I only half caught which said that The Second Amendment was taken from something written in Britain under The Bill of Rights and Common Law at the time, about a right to bear arms, but America left out the bit related to circumstance which was to do with The Military among other things. Consequently, it is more difficult to change The Law in American, obsessed as they are with The Constitution. But it is not impossible.
It has crossed my mind that if Obama managed to change The Constitution, and then became the most hated President ever, that History would treat him much more kindly. And it isn't as if he could lose another term.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:06 am

Ah yes, so he could. But would it 'stick'? Would it be Prohibition all over again?

I really don't know what the answer is; any attempt to disarm Americans whether they like it or not will, IMO, lead to a succession of Ruby Ridges.

Enforce current laws far more strictly, and pay far more attention to people's mental states? That might help.

The killer's mother doesn't seem to have been exactly well-balanced, as she was prepared to massacre any of her fellow citizen who cast a greedy eye on her canned goods after The End Of The World As We Know It.

And if she had been keeping her arsenal safe, as she was supposed to, then her deranged son wouldn't have been able to kill her with one of her own weapons before he slaughtered helpless children and teachers.

Maybe anyone who wants to keep so many firearms to begin with should automatically be regarded as deranged?

I really don't know what the answer is.

This is interesting:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/oct/10/world-murder-rate-unodc

Some surprising countries are horribly dangerous; the murder stats are never mentioned on those ads for holidays in sunny South Africa.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:14 am

A Right to Bear Arms doesn't automatically mean the right to own an arsenal. And Bearing Arms is a Military term. These words could well be proven to have had and still have a different meaning to what America likes to believe they mean today. And I very much doubt that The Founding Fathers meant this situation to evolve as it has.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:24 am

The original right to bear arms was intended to repel the dastardy British and the then so-called red Indians and no more, no less than to keep the country they were trying to colonise from them furriners. Later it evolved from the right to defend your land to the right to shoot anyone you disagreed with, ie the Wild West. And who hunts with a semi-automatic rifle anyway? I agree with bonny, much more attention MUST be paid to the mental state of anyone who has access to a firearm. As for the shooter's mother, did no-one suspect she might be off her rocker with all this End of the World stuff? Or was it a case of blinkered eyes so that the status quo was not disturbed - back to the right to have a gun? I don't think anyone really has the answer, but maybe more people will see and not ignore signs that just might prevent such a tragedy happening again. But that is optimism and at present I see no reasons to be optimistic. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:36 am

Of course they didn't, Sabot - the right to bear arms has been twisted and corrupted as much as the right to free speech.

Both were intended to oppose tyranny AKA the British crown, as it was then.

Look what the right to speak out against a tyrannical government has been corrupted into.

If Obama can sort this mess out - he will be a hero forever, providing he isn't assassinated by some lunatic who thinks that any attempt to take his military-grade weapons from him is a clear sign that the Anti-Christ of the New World Order is in charge.

No civilian needs these military-grade weapons. Especially not middle-class, middle-aged, rather rich divorcees who are sharing a roof with their bonkers son. It's scarey, LL, that so many people thought that something was 'off' with both of them, but no-one actually did or said anything till it was too late.

Maybe it would help if the authorities were less tolerant of people with mental health 'issues', to be politically correct? If mom hadn't been able to remove the murderer from the school system, maybe none of this would have happened?

It certainly wouldn't have happened if she had kept her accursed weapons under lock and key, as she was supposed to by law.

It would be wonderful if everyone in the US gave up their firearms voluntarily, in disgust at this latest atrocity, but that isn't going to happen.

Imposing a gun ban won't work either. It will only set off semi-civil war, as the people who are most heavily armed (apart from criminals) are the very people who trust the government least.

Something clearly has to change; at the very least, a way must be found of enforcing existing laws. But I really don't envy Obama in trying to find a permanent solution.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:41 am

'We can't go back to school our teacher is dead': The moment Sandy Hook neighbour found six first-graders sitting in his driveway moments after they escaped school massacre

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2249660/Sandy-Hook-shooting-The-moment-neighbor-surviving-graders-sitting-driveway.html#ixzz2FP2QMBx5
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Heartbreaking. Sad
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:59 am

Obviously there are mental health issues involved here, but why do so many people have mental health issues, especially the young? As far as I can remember nothing like this was predominant when I was young. But then we didn't all live on junk food and coca cola, and vegetables soaked in pesticides. And nor were we allowed to do as we pleased. But then mothers stayed at home and brought up their children.
And I am also sick of hearing about young married couples who can't afford a mortgage. My husband and I couldn't when we were first married. It was the norm in those days. I stayed at home looking after the children, and neither of us felt motivated to possess everything under God's heaven. And nor did we ever get into debt. I still don't. I don't own a Credit Card or a Mobile Phone to this day.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:13 pm

In this case, it might have helped if this particular mom HADN'T stayed at home and looked after her son - but I guess you don't need to work if you get $300,000 a year alimony.

IMO, questions also need to be asked about why these massacres keep happening in pretty, 'safe' areas. Which are predominantly white and middle-class.

Something else is going on here, IMO. Are these males being indulged so much, they think they are entitled to do as they please?

What is the role of dehumanising video games and movies in all of this?

And why did mom have so many guns in the first place? She didn't need to hunt for food; indeed, she was stockpiling it because she was convinced Doomsday was imminent.

There's a lot like her in the States - there are a few in the UK, but not as many.

They are all convinced that the end of civilisation is imminent due to solar flares/war/reversal of the poles/oil shortage....you name it, they obsess about it.

But here's the thing. These people don't think like 21st century citizens of the richest country in the world.

They think like 14th century peasants, with their stockpiles of food, and their arsenals of weapons with which to slaughter any fellow-Americans who threaten said stockpile, or their fortified residences.

Watch Doomsday Preppers - there are thousands like this killer's mom. And all armed to the teeth.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:37 pm

I am watching "Revolution" on Project Free at the moment, and I don't suppose that this is helping, although I find it quite fascinating.
I have to admit to being a teensy bit of a stock piler myself, but that's down to the last War when my Granny did a bit of it. So I always have to have enough to feed an army.
Don't laugh, but I actually have a pile of Rock Salt and Salpetre so I can salt down anything if the electricity packs in and the freezers cease to function.
No guns, but I do have a couple of nasty Machettes and an Antique Sword Stick. And there is no way I will give up my Sword Stick if there is ever an Amnesty. Actually, there was many years ago. But I ignored it.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:55 pm

Oh, this madness isn't just having a few extra tins of beans in the cellar, Sabot....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomsday_Preppers

Ed and Dianna Peden ("still living in the 60's"), of Topeka, Kansas are preparing to survive fully underground in their decommissioned Atlas missile silo when doomsday arrives.

Or how about:

John Adrain has invented numerous security gadgets to turn his estate into a technological fortress safe from a wide range of disasters.

I watched the first few, but then gave up because they were all so clearly in the grip of mental health issues.

http://natgeotv.com/uk/doomsday-preppers

ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 4 74061

I suppose a bow and arrow is an improvement on military grade guns.......
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:08 pm

That made me laugh, Bonny. And I do have a bit more than a few cans of beans. But I have always been like this. I can remember being really hungry during The War. And I remember my granny sending me for Bananas, and then rubbing out the pencil mark on the Ration Book, and then sending my sister for more.

As for Bows and Arrows, you should watch "Arrow" on Project Free. Awesome.
But none of these people are of my generation, and don't know the first thing about deprivation. And actually, nor do I really.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:10 pm

I recently saw a program in which it was pointed out that this Doomesday scenario that some religions and fanatics were promoting was way off. It seems the reason why the Mayan calendar stopped so suddenly was nothing to do with the End of Days, but rather with the guns and muskets of the Spanish as they massacred the indigenous people. There was no-one left to continue the calendar, simply that, all the priests and wise men were dead. And anyway, what in hell motivates these people to imagine that, as the Earth blows up, they will survive? LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:22 pm

This, from yesterday's Piers Morgan Tonight, really made me angry; this person compared the gun used to kill those children as 'the Ferrari of guns' and that 'guns are fun'. And he shows no feelings for the dead kids or their families. LL

http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2012/12/18/pmt-philip-van-cleave.cnn

Last edited by Lamplighter on Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:37 pm

Lamplighter wrote:I recently saw a program in which it was pointed out that this Doomesday scenario that some religions and fanatics were promoting was way off. It seems the reason why the Mayan calendar stopped so suddenly was nothing to do with the End of Days, but rather with the guns and muskets of the Spanish as they massacred the indigenous people. There was no-one left to continue the calendar, simply that, all the priests and wise men were dead. And anyway, what in hell motivates these people to imagine that, as the Earth blows up, they will survive? LL

Actually it was the end of an approximately 5,000 year cycle, LL. And the next cycle was too far away. Couple with, as you say, the end of The Mayan Race, so no one left to carry on.
But when any disaster is foretold it is always seen in terms of what is most feared by the generation of the time.
To us, it is either a massive Meteorite, which is no where in sight at the moment. Or a major breakdown in civilised society, which isn't exactly imminent, although there is a possibility at some time in the future.
One of the reasons for why I left Britain is because I could no longer cope with the fear of everyday life, which has actually gotten worse than even I thought it would. But there is still time to sort this out.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:13 pm

Lamplighter wrote:This, from yesterday's Piers Morgan Tonight, really made me angry; this person compared the gun used to kill those children as 'the Ferrari of guns' and that 'guns are fun'. And her shows no feelings for the dead kids or their families. LL

http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2012/12/18/pmt-philip-van-cleave.cnn

And that is the attitude that is the problem, isn't it? Guns aren't 'fun'; the only purpose of guns is to end life, be it human or animal.

Anyone who thinks they are 'fun' instantly marks themselves as the kind of irresponsible moron who shouldn't be allowed near anything more lethal than a dartboard.

I don't know why they think they will survive, Sabot. Why would they want to, anyway, spending the rest of their miserable lives in a missile silo, emerging only to gun down a few more survivors?

Yes, I do watch Arrow - v. good!
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:25 pm

There was no-one left to continue the calendar, simply that, all the priests and wise men were dead.

And this wouldn't help:

http://www.latintimes.com/articles/1521/20121212/december-21-2012-doomsday-mayan-apocalypse-prophecies.htm

"December 21st will be just another Friday morning," said Andrew Wilson, Assistant Head of Social Studies at the University of Derby. "A hippy guru called Jose Arguelles associated the date with the Mayan calendar in a book called 'The Mayan Factor' in 1987. But it's an obsolete form of the calendar, which had not been used since the year 1100AD."

"He claimed to be channeling various spirits, including the spirit of a Mayan king from the seventh century. He predicted a 'shift in human consciousness' - mass enlightenment," said Wilson.

The Dec. 21 date reportedly first appeared in an earlier book, a 1975 work, "Timeline Zero," by Terrence McKenna, "a writer who is known for his descriptions of 'machine elves' seen while he was under the influence of drugs," reported Yahoo.

The date was based on McKenna's own unique calculations, as well as the Chinese I Ching and his experiences while taking magic mushrooms, according to Yahoo.

Arguelles and McKenna later met and both writers became part of a group of New Age authors that cited one another's books, which lent an air of believability to their prophecy.

I think I am safe in booking my Tesco delivery for Saturday.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:37 pm

Thanks, bonny, for posting that; I had seen it somewhere but couldn't remember where, and then we had the TV program on Austrian TV - it's me age!! LL hug
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:41 pm

Don't worry, LL, there are so many nasty things happening in the world, and so many weird occurences just now, it's impossible to keep track of everything.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next