JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA

+3
Rose
bb1
Lamplighter
7 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 2 Empty Re: ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA

Post  Sabot Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:34 pm

It isn't The Guns, it's the people who own them, and then don't protect them properly. How did this boy get hold of the family guns? People even in America have to be issued with a Gun Licence, but don't appear to do very much about keeping them out of the hands of family members who don't have a licence.
You just can't prevent ordinary people from owning a gun if they have a sensible reason. But they have to be made to guard their guns.
As far as I can see it was a Parent who owned the guns. And if I owned a gun, which I am not admitting, then it would be locked away. And if one of my sons wanted to use it then I would tell him to get his own Gun Licence, and probably his own gun.

But you will never prevent people from owning illegal guns. I could buy one tomorrow if I wanted to.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 2 Empty Re: ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA

Post  crazytony Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:22 pm

More people in my county are killed by vehicles than they are with guns.

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:29 pm

I doubt if your granddad had a rifle like this, LL:

ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 2 This-is-a-bushmaster-223-one-of-the-guns-the-sandy-hook-shooter-reportedly-had

That supposedly is one of the automatic weapons the killer took from his mother's home.

I can't really think of any good reason for a female school teacher to have a haul of weapons to delight James Bond.

I really don't know what the answer is. I really cannot imagine why a suburban teacher is stockpiling weapons. But on the other hand, the government cannot expect the vast, non-homicidal majority to give up their own guns, when everyone knows full well that criminals and psychopaths will keep theirs.

It's a mess, and there isn't an easy answer.

Though I would like to know why, so often, it is these white middle-class families who are rearing young men who think it is OK to slaughter innocent people, especially children.

You notice they don't try it on at, for instance, Quantico.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:38 pm

crazytony wrote:More people in my county are killed by vehicles than they are with guns.

This is quite a thoughtful piece:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/dan-ehrlich/uk-gun-ownership-up-deaths-down_b_1209967.html

Quote:

Compared to other developed countries, no one can come near the US. The following are gun deaths for 2008: Germany - 381, France - 255, Canada - 165, UK - 68, Australia - 65 and Japan - 39. On the other hand, even the US figures are dwarfed by South Africa where gun murders annually often total more than 30,000 in a nation with one-sixth the US population.

Given the UK gun laws, there really shouldn't be ANY - and that's from a few years back, before Cumbria and other massacres.

But look at this:

http://knifecrime.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Knife%20crime%20statistics%20map%20of%20UK%20for%202008

Knife killings totalled 200 in 2010, three more than the 197 recorded in 2009. And behind that figure lies the tragedy of many people trying to re-build lives after losing loved ones.

Attempted murders using knives were shown to fall by 57 to 206, 22% less than the 263 recorded in 2009.

Closer inspection of the 2010 knife crime statistics shows robberies using knives rose to 14279, a three (3) per cent increase from recorded knife robberies in 2009 (13908).

That's the UK, so I shudder to think what would happen here if guns were more freely available.

If I was being really cynical, I would argue that European governments know the citizens cannot really be trusted with guns; the US still thinks they can.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:52 pm

I would quite like to know what a female, middle class school teacher was doing with a gun like that. And just how easy is it to get a licence for such a gun? No ordinary citizen should own such a thing. And if they legally can't then it rather defeats the argument of Gun Control.
But if they can legally own one then I would want to know why.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:03 pm

Sabot wrote:
I would quite like to know what a female, middle class school teacher was doing with a gun like that. And just how easy is it to get a licence for such a gun? No ordinary citizen should own such a thing. And if they legally can't then it rather defeats the argument of Gun Control.
From what was said earlier on CNN by a cop so long as she was the registered owner and had passed the assorted tests then she could own one of these powerful guns. He said her permit may have been for hunting cougar/mountain cat or other large animals. She definitely had proper licences for all the guns. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:15 pm

Lamplighter wrote:
Sabot wrote:
From what was said earlier on CNN by a cop so long as she was the registered owner and had passed the assorted tests then she could own one of these powerful guns. He said her permit may have been for hunting cougar/mountain cat or other large animals. She definitely had proper licences for all the guns. LL

That's disgusting. Who wants to hunt Cougar? You can't eat them. It sounds to me as though she wasn't right in the head either. But then that might explain a few things.
But I'm a bit old fashioned about Hunting. If you can't eat it then don't kill it.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:22 pm

In that part of the USA, sabot, hunting is a way of life. Like the right to bear arms, the right to hunt and kill animals is sacred. You can see the pickup trucks with shotguns pinned up behind the driver's head. What was it Oscar Wilde said about hunting? Ah, yes, "The unspeakable chasing the uneatable". LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:30 pm

Rather my feelings, too, Sabot. And I can't imagine the family having to worry about where their next meal is coming from and having no choice but to go squirrel-hunting.

In passing, yet again, the internet failed to cover itself with glory over this tragedy. I don't know if anyone else followed it online, but assorted idiots on the www succeeded in making things even worse.

The wrong brother was identified as the killer, but instead of waiting for the police to make a definite identification, assorted morons googled him, found his FB page, and his picture went all over the world in seconds. Which led to the entirely innocent brother tweeting, What are you talking about, I haven't killed anyone, I'm on the bus home from work.

Further stories then spread about the killer having shot his father in New Jersey, when in fact his father (the parents are divorced) only finding out what one of his sons had done from the media:

His father, Peter Lanza, had divorced Nancy in 2008 because of ‘irreconcilable differences,’ and now lives in Stamford, Connecticut. A reporter for the Stamford Advocate broke the news to him that his son had allegedly shot and killed 26 people, including his ex-wife.
He works as the vice president of taxes for GE Energy Financial Services, and lives with his new wife on a sprawling street glittered with multimillion-dollar homes. The couple apparently married in 2011

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2248197/Adam-Lanza-How-honor-student-goth-killer-massacring-20-children-Sandy-Hook-Elementary.html#ixzz2F98ysdjQ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Never mind gun law, internet users really are going to have to grow up and take some responsibility. Apart from anything else, it's a sure thing that some kid described as a 'loner, a wierdo', is sitting in front of a screen right now, lapping all this up in between playing Call of Duty and brooding about his mom who doesn't like him wearing all those black clothes.

And eyeing up the gun cabinet full of automatic weapons.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:44 pm

Just seen on CNN that the shooter had actually tried to buy guns. LL

Latest info on Lanza - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/15/adam-lanza-newtown-school-shooter-honors-student_n_2306736.html?ir=UK&ref=topbar
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:49 pm

Thanks, LL.

Ryan Lanza had been extremely cooperative and was not under arrest or in custody, but investigators were still searching his computers and phone records. Ryan Lanza told law enforcement he had not been in touch with his brother since about 2010.

That's another oddity, if correct?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:53 pm

bb1 wrote:Thanks, LL.

Ryan Lanza had been extremely cooperative and was not under arrest or in custody, but investigators were still searching his computers and phone records. Ryan Lanza told law enforcement he had not been in touch with his brother since about 2010.

That's another oddity, if correct?
Depends, they may not have been very close, especially as the parents were divorced. Maybe Adam lived with his mother and Ryan with his father, or had his own place. There was also a mention on CNN of possible emails and phone messages on Adam's PC/cell phone. The police are coming at this from every angle. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:07 pm

Lamplighter wrote:In that part of the USA, sabot, hunting is a way of life. Like the right to bear arms, the right to hunt and kill animals is sacred. You can see the pickup trucks with shotguns pinned up behind the driver's head. What was it Oscar Wilde said about hunting? Ah, yes, "The unspeakable chasing the uneatable". LL

LL, I quite like Foxes, but I do understand that they can be a pest, so I have absolutely nothing against organised Fox Hunting as a good afternoon out when their Urban counterparts are out mugging old ladies.

Everyone around here owns guns, but apart from The Gun Licence, you have to get a Licence to kill anything bigger than a Rabbit. You can't go around popping off at wild goats or wild boar or even deer because The French know the value of conservation.
Never in my wildest dreams would I want to kill a Big Cat, unless it was dangerous to Humans or their livestock. But in France you would still need a licence.
So perhaps that is the beginnings of the problem. No respect for anything. What price a few kids?
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:19 pm

So perhaps that is the beginnings of the problem. No respect for anything. What price a few kids?

IMO, that's just about nail-on-head, Sabot. Add in hours spent playing dehumanising, desensitising, video games, resentment against society/parent, and a mother who collects automatic weapons and the devil's brew is complete.

Also - these killers never seem to target people who are liable to shoot back, do they? Cinemas, schools, temples - they always make sure they can take lots of innocents with them.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:25 pm

There is no doubt that this boy wasn't right in the head. No argument about that, I don't think. So what was he doing around guns like this?
Surely his mother should have known that he was a bit loopy, and should have kept them away from him for his own protection.
Not that we are ever going to know what she thought.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:32 pm

Might have known Bushmeat couldn't hold her tongue and wait for a few facts to come out:

PAT BROWN ‏@ProfilerPatB
I believe the making mass murderers infamous by the media is the primary cause of our mass murder problem.

PAT BROWN ‏@ProfilerPatB
If media had not given attention to the Colorado mass murderer, the children in CT might be alive today.

Stupid bl**dy woman. Thankfully, she is being challenged:

Michael D Reilly ‏@MichaelDOReilly
@ProfilerPatB WHAT??

But along comes a particularly nasty forker - the one who enjoys dribbling over 16-year-old girls:

--- .. ..--. ‏@w_nicht
@ProfilerPatB And seem to be the problem for other crimes too. #famousforbeeingabadparentandworse

Sicko.

Brown isn't even in the States, and she's pontificating:

PAT BROWN ‏@ProfilerPatB
@xRobertTheBruce Still in Guatemala! Just managed to get to the Internet today to turn down a dozen and a half Skype interviews for media.

Yeah, sure, of course she did, because she really impressed viewers with her comedy faces and antics after the Colorado shootings.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:39 pm

Oh Right. So everyone is suppose to pretend that this never happened. I bet she would soon have something to say about that.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:42 pm

ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 2 Kids_810

ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 2 Kids_910

ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 2 Kids_511

ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 2 Kids10

ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 2 Kids710

ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 2 Kids_210

ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 2 Kids_310
Rose
Rose
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:54 pm

PAT BROWN ‏@ProfilerPatB
MSM needs to agree to NEVER show the mass murderer's face, to NEVER mention his name, nor discuss his past.

Stupid b*tch. Does she think that's going to make it go away? His past MUST be discussed - how else are we supposed to have any insight at all into what turned him into a killer? If he is a blank, how is anyone supposed to know if a young person in their circle is going down the same road?

He didn't just hatch out of nowhere. He came out of respectable, white, prosperous middle class America, and if Brown cannot or will not look at that and ask questions, then she would be well advised to say nothing.

Helpless children and their teachers were slaughtered yesterday - does she think that should be airbrushed out of history?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:09 pm

It now seems that the killer was NOT let in, he forced his way into the school.

http://news.sky.com/story/1025785/hero-school-head-died-lunging-at-gunman

The bravery of the teachers who died, and those showed such presence of mind and saved the lives of many children, is beyond measure.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:33 pm

Revealed: Killer 'fought' with four teachers at elementary school the day before massacre - three are now dead, the fourth wasn't at school yesterday

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2248651/Revealed-Killer-Adam-Lanza-fought-teachers-elementary-school-day-massacre--dead-fourth-wasnt-school-yesterday.html#ixzz2F9ow4ATw
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:15 pm

ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 2 Mail-1-1-329x437

ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 2 Independent-1-329x437
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:48 am

Oh God...Children victims only 6 yrs old

Charlotte Bacon, 6;
Daniel Barden, 7;
Rachel Davino, 29;
Olivia Engel, 6;
Josephine Gay, 7;
Ana M. Marquez-Greene, 6;
Dylan Hockley, 6;
Dawn Hocksprung, 47;
Madeline F. Hsu, 6;
Catherine V Hubbard, 6;
Chase Kowalski, 7;
Jesse Lewis, 6;
James Mattioli, 6;
Grace McDonnell, 7;
Anne Marie Murphy, 52
Emile Parker, 6;
Jack Pinto, 6;
Noah Pozner, 6;
Caroline Previdi, 6;
Jessica Rekos, 6;
Avielle Richman, 6;
Lauren Russeau, 30;
Mary Sherlach, 56;
Victoria Soto, 27;
Benjamin Wheeler, 6;
Allison N. Wyatt, 6
Rose
Rose
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:43 am

British Boy Dies In US School Shooting
Sky News – 49 minutes ago
ANOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING IN THE USA - Page 2 Use2-1-400x240-20121216-015605-181
A British-born boy has been named as one of the victims of the worst school shooting in America's history, Sky News has learned.
Dylan Hockley, 6, was shot dead by a gunman at an elementary school in Connecticut.
He was born in Hampshire to a British father and American mother.
The family are understood to have recently moved to Connecticut, and their former neighbours in the UK described them as a "very beautiful family".
Sky's Enda Brady said: "People here have very fond memories of the Hockley's, they were very popular indeed.
"(Neighbours) all describe a very beautiful family, a very popular family, and they say just what wonderful children the two boys were."
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next