JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
bennett rebuttal to Carter Ruck - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
bennett rebuttal to Carter Ruck - Page 4 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
bennett rebuttal to Carter Ruck - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
bennett rebuttal to Carter Ruck - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
bennett rebuttal to Carter Ruck - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
bennett rebuttal to Carter Ruck - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
bennett rebuttal to Carter Ruck - Page 4 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
bennett rebuttal to Carter Ruck - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
bennett rebuttal to Carter Ruck - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

bennett rebuttal to Carter Ruck

+5
Sabot
muratfan
lily
bb1
rhodes
9 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

bennett rebuttal to Carter Ruck - Page 4 Empty Re: bennett rebuttal to Carter Ruck

Post  bb1 Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:22 pm

Bennett seems to think so - he's using it as an excuse to start on Stuart Prior. Just leave him to his insanity - libelling and smearing a police officer on behalf of Gonc will really impress New Scotland Yard. Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

bennett rebuttal to Carter Ruck - Page 4 Empty Re: bennett rebuttal to Carter Ruck

Post  Sabot Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:37 pm

He was bound to pick on someone else. He can't help himself. But don't worry too much about Scotland Yard. They all know what he is up to.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:43 pm

They do indeed, Sabot. Just as they know about the incident in Leh; they know it happened, and the truth bears no resemblance to the rubbish spouted by Bennet and Brat - or Brat's fictitious 'Indian policeman'.

The nasties have no idea what complete and utter fools they made of themselves over that Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:25 pm

Poor little girl. Left to the mercies of people who have no mercy.

Except for her parents and likes of us. But there are many more of us than they think, and our determination is far greater than theirs.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:09 pm

That's a thought, isn't it, Jayelles? Can you imagine people's reaction if they found out that, not only was one of their neighbours spewing abuse at the McCanns, she was making internet posts PRAISING Myra Hindley?

She'd be tarred and feathered for that.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:38 pm

That Wrafter woman, I believe?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  rhodes Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:13 am

Two recent quotes on libel laws and freedom of speech

Post Tony Bennett Today at 12:47 am
STATEMENT

A brief update on the legal action commenced against me by Edward Smethurst and the letter from the McCanns warning me that they will shortly apply to have me adjudged to be in contempt of court for certain internet articles and posts said to breach my undertaking given to them in November 2009.

There has been further correspondence in both matters but until further notice I shall not be posting up copies of any of that correspondence. I will however give you all an update if anything significant happens.

In the Edward Smethurst matter, he has simply issued brief details of his claim without giving full particulars of it. I am expecting those to arrive in due course.

As was clear from Carter-Ruck's last letter re the McCanns, the McCanns have said they will apply to have me punished for contempt of court even if I and the forum-owner here remove all the contentious articles and posts.

I am currently arranging legal help on the Smethurst matter, as proceedings have been issued, and will do so on the McCanns' complaint as soon as they issue formal proceedings, which they've not yet done.

Whilst I can't commit myself in advance of my receiving any notice of contempt proceedings and ahead of receiving legal advice, it is my present intention to defend the allegation that I am in contempt - and to plead the legal defence of 'fair comment'.

Article 10 of the European Court of Human Rights is relevant here, as it deals with free speech, and as I announced earlier this year, I have an application already before the European Commission on Human Rights claiming that the gross imbalance of resources in the litigation forced me to yield to the terms of an undertaking which were oppressive.

I'll end with a couple of quotes:

1. Some years ago, Carter-Ruck obtained a 'super-injunction on behalf of their client, former Law Society President Michael Napier. The super-injunction stopped the satirical magazine from informing its readers that he'd been officially censured for breaching conflict of interest rules. Giving judgment FOR Private Eye and AGAINST Carter-Ruck's client Michael Napier, after a 5-month legal wrangle, the Court of Appeal said:

"Freedom to report the truth is a precious thing both for the liberty of the individual and for the sake of wider society".

2. More recently, earlier this year in fact, the Minister for Justice, Kenneth Clarke, said the following in announcing drastic reforms to our libel laws. The reforms are intended to end the gross imbalance between well-heeled libel claimants and those defendants that criticise them. He said:

"The right to speak freely and debate issues without fear of censure is a vital cornerstone of a democratic society".

Amen.

Last edited by Tony Bennett on Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:37 am; edited 3 times in total
rhodes
rhodes
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:34 am

"Freedom to report The Truth is a precious thing."

Too bloody true. I would so love to hear Bennett quote that one in Court.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:47 am

F*cking idiot. He's drinking in the last chance saloon.

Ah well! Speed the day! biggrin
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:51 am

"The right to speak freely and debate issues without fear of censure is a vital cornerstone of a democratic society".

So, what has that got to do with stalking wives and children?

Also - he claimed responsibilty for MK 1 disappearing. He cannot claim to support genuine free speech - none of them can, not Bennett, not Hanky, not the Aussie Angel, none of them.

No - they want to be allowed to spout hate speech and lies unhindered.

Boy are they in for a few shocks.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:10 am

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4