JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Robert Murat Making News - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Robert Murat Making News - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Robert Murat Making News - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Robert Murat Making News - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Robert Murat Making News - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Robert Murat Making News - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Robert Murat Making News - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Robert Murat Making News - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Robert Murat Making News - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Robert Murat Making News

+2
Pedro Silva
bb1
6 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Robert Murat Making News - Page 2 Empty Re: Robert Murat Making News

Post  Sabot Mon May 06, 2013 3:31 pm

bb1 wrote:
Sabot wrote:
I wonder if Robert Murat is pissed off with still being torn to shreds on Forums. Is this still happening to him in Portugal?

If you think about it, Scotland Yard have no jurisdiction over Robert Murat, and would be stepping on the toes of The Portuguese Judiciary if they attempted to interview him.

Now here's a thing - when Birch was on the loose, a lot of the McCann-haters were demanding that Murat let Birch dig up his mother's garden to 'prove' Madeleine wasn't buried in it.

I cannot think of any other recent time he's even been on the radar till this weekend, Sabot, which is why this interview is striking many as a bit odd.

Remember, Bennett's lot welcomed Birch with open arms, and Bennett keeps 'dossiers' on Murat. If Murat has been reading that....who knows?

But the Yard don't have to 'attempt' to interview Murat, Sabot, he is perfecting at liberty to pick up the phone and speak to them, or visit them when he's on one of his trips to the UK.

It's all very peculiar, IMO.

There might be a question of Professional Etiquette, Bonny. He quite possibly has dual nationality, and is at least half Portuguese, and he resides in Portugal.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon May 06, 2013 3:37 pm

I seem to recall he does have dual nationality, Sabot, which is why he was rather in No Man's Land and couldn't get help from the UK.

I can see professional etiquette involved if the Yard wanted to speak to Portuguese nationals - but not if someone with dual nationality wanted to speak to the Yard? I really do not see any obstacle to him phoning or visting the review team when he is in the UK.

OH, and PS - I wish the Justice lot would drop their semantic debate and get back to trying to make sense of this interview, it's like watching Tylersmum arguing with Coldwater all over again.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Mon May 06, 2013 4:13 pm

it was PJ, through gonçalo amaral, that made him arguido, Murat should talk with or complaint to PJ.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon May 06, 2013 4:27 pm

Pedro Silva wrote:it was PJ, through gonçalo amaral, that made him arguido, Murat should talk with or complaint to PJ.

Ethically, I think I might agree with that, Pedro. But just how far would he get?
Amaral is no longer a PJ Officer, and it isn't Murat's daughter who is missing. Also, I doubt that he has any New Evidence.
So Robert Murat is right slap bang in the middle, and as far as I can see, no use to anyone.
It might depend on how much money The Express offered him, or his mother.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon May 06, 2013 4:38 pm

I wouldn't have thought he needed the money, Sabot, he got a small fortune from the media?

You're right, he's actually no use to anyone, is he? Any contribution he made to a 'reconstruction' would look like an episode of Come Dine With Me. He's left it a bit late in the day to decide he knows anything of interest, a la Amaral's Ace.

I really cannot work out why he's put himself on the radar again.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Mon May 06, 2013 4:43 pm

for a man who told he want privacy about his own life, why does he put himself again in this position?

this proves the opposite.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Mon May 06, 2013 4:46 pm

Sabot, bb1, your words are mine.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon May 06, 2013 4:48 pm

Spot on, Pedro. Murat was cleared at the same time as Kate and Gerry McCann, he is by any normal standards a fairly rich man, with a wife and a new business - so why on earth has he stirred this up again?

He of all people should know the folly of seeking media attention.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon May 06, 2013 4:53 pm

Sadly, people with money can always do with a bit more, Bonny. And I'm not sure I would blame him for that.
He never struck me as a particularly brilliant businessman. And while what he got did sound like a lot, it won't have gone all that far. Half a million is nothing these days.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon May 06, 2013 4:58 pm

You're probably right, Sabot, the simplest reason is usually the correct one - he got paid. I hope it doesn't come back and bite him on the bum, though, I thought he of all people would know what the UK press is like.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon May 06, 2013 5:15 pm

What more can they do to him, Bonny? The appalling allegations in Amaral's book are just about the worst that I have ever heard, and he isn't even in a position to disprove them as they came from a witness statement.
But I do think he ought to thank his lucky stars that Praia da Luz was crawling with The British Media and the odd British Embassy Official. I am convinced that he would have appeared in Court battered and bleeding, otherwise.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon May 06, 2013 5:24 pm

A small thing that might have saved him from the special PJ treatment was that, besides having a Brit mother, he was actually born in the UK which gives him some call on the UK authorities. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon May 06, 2013 5:36 pm

And the UK Embassy staff would have known about Leonor Cipriano's mishap on those dangerous police station stairs, as would the UK media before too long. I have no doubt that if there hadn't been embassy and media people all over the place, Murat could well have ended up in dock in Faro court bruised and bloody, having 'fallen while trying to escape' or something.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon May 06, 2013 5:39 pm

Lamplighter wrote:A small thing that might have saved him from the special PJ treatment was that, besides having a Brit mother, he was actually born in the UK which gives him some call on the UK authorities. LL

The British Government weren't that keen to get involved, LL.

And much good did The British Government do for Michael Cook, who did appear in Court, stinking to high heaven, battered, and with teeth missing.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon May 06, 2013 5:41 pm

They couldn't have turned a blind eye to another Brit being tortured in PJ custody, Sabot, not with the eyes of the world also watching.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon May 06, 2013 5:53 pm

bb1 wrote:They couldn't have turned a blind eye to another Brit being tortured in PJ custody, Sabot, not with the eyes of the world also watching.

Probably not, Bonny. But what exactly could they have done if a confession was produced, even in the case of The McCanns? They could hardly send in The SAS.
Britain has no jurisdiction in Portugal. Britain was all set to send back a Brit on a European Arrest Warrant despite him having been cleared several years before. And they would have done if the charges hadn't been dropped by Portugal.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon May 06, 2013 6:52 pm

The genius that is Hounderthink:

Murat was present at some key interviews as translator, he probably knows, or suspects, a lot more than we know.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I understood that the 'key interviews' WERE BEING CONDUCTED BY THE POLICE.

And now Murat knows more than they do? But hasn't bothered to mention any of these Secret Things? Aye, right. Rolling Eyes

Why are these people so STUPID?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon May 06, 2013 7:47 pm

Oh my!

http://www.jn.pt/Dossies/dossie.aspx?content_id=3204064&dossier=O%20caso%20Maddie%20McCann&page=1

Portuguese newspaper ordered to pay 15,000 euros to Robert Murat
Posted at 19:30to 19.30

The Lisbon Court of Appeal ordered the newspaper "Correio da Manha" to pay compensation of 15,000 euros to Robert Murat, the first suspect in the case of the disappearance of the Algarve British child Madeleine McCann.

Into question the "moral damage" suffered by Murat following several reports published that paper, which according to the court, give it a "unhealthy personality, not only in the area of ​​pedophilia as even the zooerastia, consistent with the practice of criminal offense related to the disappearance of unfortunate child. "

The compensation for the violation of the right to peace and quiet will be paid jointly by the three journalists who signed the news and the company that owns the newspaper.

"The goal of extended runs can not obnubilar journalistic duties, alias statutory body, respect for the presumption of innocence, not taking statements or images that reach the dignity of persons, as well as news publishing raising discrimination" , cites the judgment of Appeal, that the Lusa had access.

Madeleine McCann disappeared from the apartment where he was vacationing with his parents and younger twin brothers, in the tourist village "Ocean Club", in Praia da Luz, Lagos, on the evening of May 3, 2007.

A few days later, Robert Murat, a British man who lived a few meters from that village and who meanwhile had made available to help the child's parents, especially as a translator, was made defendant.

The newspaper wrote in an article entitled "Pedophilia is the track" that Murat would be "a predator" and obtain access to sites of sexual violence.

"And is this english 33 years that the Judicial Police believed to have drawn little Maddie from the bed where she slept in the Ocean Club, to the house where he lives with his mother," added the CM.

Murat was the condition of the accused, until July 21, 2008, when the prosecutor decided to drop the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

-------------------------

NOW we start to see some sort of context for the Express piece. I wonder if Murat will go after Gonc next, as he's the one who spread the, er, zooerastia stories?

And €15,000 seems a paltry sum for a slur like that?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon May 06, 2013 7:50 pm

respect for the presumption of innocence

That's very bad news for Gonc.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon May 06, 2013 8:00 pm

Shit. What would we do without you, Bonny?

Winning Damages from a Portuguese Newspaper is amazing indeed.

Stand by for a Settlement.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon May 06, 2013 8:04 pm

That is just what I am thinking, Sabot - and I am impressed that Murat took on a Team Gonc mouthpiece like CdM. He would have got more than ten times that in the UK, of course, for slurs like that, but getting any kind of redress from these ghastly Portuguese scandal sheets is a small miracle.

And I just LOVE the phrase used in the judgement.

THE PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon May 06, 2013 8:12 pm

Done and dusted, in fact. Amaral might have done better if he hadn't tried so hard to get it all put off.

But 15,000 Euros is pretty pathetic under the circumstances. Libel seems to be only half Libel in Portugal.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon May 06, 2013 8:16 pm

The compensation for the violation of the right to peace and quiet will be paid jointly by the three journalists who signed the news and the company that owns the newspaper

Gonc really is screwed. Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon May 06, 2013 8:23 pm

OMG! I've just realised - CdM was printing all that BEFORE Robert Murat was arguido-ed! It HAS to have come from Gonc, it's the same as in that discredited witness statement he repeats in such detail in his 'book'.

Please God, let Murat go for Gonc next.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon May 06, 2013 8:29 pm

bb1 wrote:OMG! I've just realised - CdM was printing all that BEFORE Robert Murat was arguido-ed! It HAS to have come from Gonc, it's the same as in that discredited witness statement he repeats in such detail in his 'book'.

Please God, let Murat go for Gonc next.

Robert Murat is probably just waiting to see if there is anything left over after The McCanns have done with Gonc.

No wonder Gonc looks so ill.

And where was our Citizen Churnalist while all this was going on?
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next