JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 9 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 9 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 9 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 9 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 9 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found!

4 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 9 Empty Re: Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found!

Post  bb1 Wed May 07, 2014 8:52 pm

Calls for calm were needed in Parliament this week when the Richard III row between Leicester and York was re-ignited.

The speaker of the House of Commons John Bercow called for restraint on Tuesday during a debate about the final resting place of Richard III.

Cardiff West MP Kevin Brennan was heard to shout: “A hearse, a hearse, my kingdom for a hearse!”

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Richard-III/story-21067872-detail/story.html#ixzz314aPTaQq

I can't make up my mind whether it's ghastly and undignified, or whether Richard would be delighted to still be causing uproar in Parliament 500 years on.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 9 Empty Re: Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found!

Post  lily Wed May 07, 2014 8:59 pm

Like everything, there is a time and a place. I think it's way past time for His Grace to finally be given the dignity and respect he so richly deserves.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed May 07, 2014 9:04 pm

If the UK was, as in Richard's day, an absolute monarchy, none of this would be moot. But the UK is a constitutional monarchy and the Queen has virtually no powers, which is why all this bickering is going on. Coupled with this is the power of the Anglican Church. I despair of whether this will ever be sorted out - I am beginning to wonder whether Richard's bones will remain in a cardboard box on a shelf somewhere in a dusty back room. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed May 07, 2014 9:15 pm

The ego can be such a terrible thing. They need to get over themselves and do the right thing.

I understand your frustration LL.  hug 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed May 07, 2014 9:51 pm

It's actually shocking, LL, that such a wonderful thing should have degenerated like this because of a handful of harpies.

I am hoping that HM and the CoE have made their feelings on the matter known to the court behind the scenes?

If the so called 'Plantagenet Alliance' genuinely  cared, they would have been delighted Richard had been found and was going to be laid to rest in a fitting manner, not insulting Leicester Cathedral because it has fewer spires and curly bits than York Minister. To most Christians, the lowliest hut is a House of God if it is consecrated.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed May 07, 2014 9:59 pm

Well said, Bonny.  hug 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu May 08, 2014 9:11 am

I am hoping that HM and the CoE have made their feelings on the matter known to the court behind the scenes?
From what I know of the UK constitution, the Queen is just a figurehead, she has very little power, and the CoE is still riddled with its hatred for RCs, and Richard was a Catholic as the CoE did not exist when he was alive. I do get very frustrated over this, it is quite disheartening to see all this ridiculous sniping. The claims of these so-called collateral descendents of the Yorkist kings is totally inane. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu May 08, 2014 10:04 am

I put that badly, LL. Apart from anything else, I wouldn't say the CoE still hates Catholics - I would have thought that was confined to bigots like Bennett? The mainstream is more interested in building bridges?

Anyway, what I meant was that away from the harpies and the tourist board, York Minster just isn't interested; I am sure I read somewhere that an Act of Parliament would be needed for him to be reburied there. I don't see any court ruling without asking York Minster, or trying to force a dead Plantagenet on a church that just doesn't want him when there is a perfectly acceptable church that does, near his current rather undignified resting place.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu May 08, 2014 10:51 am

Bennett is a slimebag, I am referring to persons high in the heirachy of the CoE. There are quite a few archaic rules that the CoE make sure stay in place, like the consort of a reigning king/queen cannot be a Roman Castholic or Jew or Muslim, unless the Act of Succession has been changed recently. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu May 08, 2014 11:03 am

That does seem to have been changed, LL-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Succession_to_the_Crown_Act_2013

Marrying a Roman Catholic will no longer disqualify a person from succeeding to the Crown.[14][15] The explanation published when the bill had been introduced mentioned that those who had lost their places in the line of succession by marrying a Roman Catholic would regain their places, but that those "with a realistic prospect of succeeding to the Throne" would not be affected.[16] [note 2] The provision of the Act of Settlement requiring the monarch to be a Protestant continues unrepealed.

This is very Game of Thrones:

As the monarch's eldest son will no longer automatically be heir apparent, the Treason Act 1351 will also be amended, such that an act or attempt to murder the monarch's "eldest Son and Heir" will become "eldest child and Heir", while "if a Man do violate [...] the Wife the King's eldest Son and Heir" would become "... son if the heir".[23] The result of the second amendment is that rape of the eldest son's wife would only be high treason if that son is the heir apparent. The Treason Act already provides for high treason in the case of "if a Man do violate [...] the King's eldest Daughter unmarried".

Not just ordinary Treason, but High Treason!
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu May 08, 2014 11:51 am

Thanks, bonny, I was never interested in any period after Rll, so I know little of Constritutional Lw, never needed to really go into it. LL  hug 
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu May 08, 2014 12:14 pm

Ah well, I had little interest in English monarchs pre-1603, LL, except in regard to their efforts to wipe out their Celtic neighbours.

Which gives me a certain admiration for Richard NOT looting and burning Edinburgh when he had the chance. I don't count the border wars against him - those did tend to be six of one and half a dozen of the other. Even the staid Regent Moray set fire to parts of Northumbria in his wilder youth.

It's unusual nowadays for the military to differentiate between civilian and soldier - one look at the news demonstrates that. I find it admirable that he did in the 15th century.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed May 14, 2014 9:00 pm

Mercury opinion: Why is ruling on Richard III taking ages?

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Mercury-opinion-ruling-Richard-III-taking-ages/story-21091211-detail/story.html#ixzz31jYDY1B4
Read more at http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Mercury-opinion-ruling-Richard-III-taking-ages/story-21091211-detail/story.html#fh13R9VLMPpjkwKt.99

A very good question. Let's hope every i is being dotted and every t crossed so those mad harpies have NO room to cause any more delays and expense.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed May 14, 2014 9:03 pm

Indeed, Bonny. It's beyond time for this matter to be settled. I mean really.....
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed May 14, 2014 9:04 pm

I wouldn't bank on anything, bonny. If the P Alliance loses then they will appeal and it will all go back to the beginning. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed May 14, 2014 9:09 pm

Oh God, no. They've done enough damage as it is.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed May 14, 2014 9:16 pm

bb1 wrote:Oh God, no. They've done enough damage as it is.
Gorgeous Georgie Galloway isnae gaeing tae allow the Alliance to fade intae the distance, he's no popular so he has tae get his wee seconds of fame frae somewhere. I hope I am wrong, ye ken .... LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed May 14, 2014 9:22 pm

He's got a new hobby now, LL, annoying Scots - again. He keeps turning up here telling everyone that they mustn't vote for independence because that means England will be Tory forever and it will be our fault.

I will leave you to imagine how well that is going down.  rofl 
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed May 14, 2014 9:28 pm

bb1 wrote:He's got a new hobby now, LL, annoying Scots - again. He keeps turning up here telling everyone that they mustn't vote for independence because that means England will be Tory forever and it will be our fault.

I will leave you to imagine how well that is going down.  rofl 
You think Wee Georgie is a prime candidate for ma caber, lassie? LL  rofl rofl 
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed May 14, 2014 9:37 pm

Most definitely, LL. He really should stick to Bradfordistan, no-one else can stand him.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed May 14, 2014 9:44 pm

Am getting good at understanding LL's posts.  rofl rofl rofl 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu May 15, 2014 6:47 am

lily wrote:Am getting good at understanding LL's posts.   rofl rofl rofl 
Thank you dear lady. I do try and behave in a gentlemasnly manner at all times, but occasionally I feel like kicking a few posteriors. LL  hug 
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu May 15, 2014 2:19 pm

It's your Scots language LL. It's making sense to me.  rofl rofl rofl rofl hug 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed May 21, 2014 4:34 pm

At last!

Richard III: High Court ruling to be revealed on Friday

The High Court will reveal its long-awaited judgement on whether the University of Leicester’s plans to reinter the remains of Richard III at St Martin’s Cathedral will stand.

The result of the judicial review, which was held back in March, will be officially handed down at the Royal Courts of Justice, in London, at 10am on Friday.

Judges will reveal whether the Ministry of Justice exhumation licence, which states the bones of the former King of England are reburied in Leicester, will remain a legal document, or whether it will be quashed.

The Plantagenet Alliance, a group of 15 people from Yorkshire who claim to be related to Richard III, brought the case to court, claiming a nationwide public consultation should have been carried out before the licence was issued.

The University of Leicester, which holds the licence, and the Ministry of Justice, which issued the licence, say that the process was carried out correctly.

If the court rules that the licence is revoked, then a public consultation will be held to determine the final resting place of the Plantagenet monarch.

If the licence is upheld, then the city's plans for a grand £1 million reinterment ceremony can get fully underway.

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Richard-III-High-Court-ruling-revealed-Friday/story-21119832-detail/story.html#ixzz32NPH26d1
Read more at http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Richard-III-High-Court-ruling-revealed-Friday/story-21119832-detail/story.html#QQhC4WVzZ3HtI8xW.99

I really, really hope those mad harpies don't get away with their body-snatching.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed May 21, 2014 5:30 pm

Thank goodness for that. Only two more days....
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next