JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
UK elections - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
UK elections - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
UK elections - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
UK elections - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
UK elections - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
UK elections - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
UK elections - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
UK elections - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
UK elections - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

UK elections

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

UK elections - Page 2 Empty Re: UK elections

Post  lily Sun May 25, 2014 11:13 pm

Should be interesting though?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun May 25, 2014 11:17 pm

They're just discussing Scotland now. It looks like the LibDems have lost the one seat they had in Scotland, out of six.

The popular vote apparently has them trailing behind the SNP, Labour, Tories, UKIP and Greens. The battle for that seat will be between SNP and UKIP, it seems.

No, don't ask me how it works. confused 
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sun May 25, 2014 11:21 pm

Come on SNP.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun May 25, 2014 11:30 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/eu-regions/S15000001

They're comfortably ahead in the popular votes counted so far, the only question is who is going to get the seat the LibDems have lost.

We may not know that till Monday, because some parts of the Western Isles aren't counting the votes because it's Sunday.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sun May 25, 2014 11:47 pm

Best of luck with it!
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon May 26, 2014 12:05 am

The knock-on effects of all this is going to be very interesting. The big swings have been mainly to the Right, but a few Left parties have also picked up votes in Europe:

http://news.sky.com/story/1268958/far-right-national-front-win-in-france

One thing the Right and Left do have in common is that they are all anti-big state and anti-globalist.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon May 26, 2014 12:10 am

Oh Lord, Hague's now waffling on, explaining the Tories will have a referendum on Europe once we have a better relationship. Or something.

The interviewer then asked; WHY CAN'T YOU JUST HOLD A REFERENDUM?

So Hague carried on waffling. They really aren't Getting it.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon May 26, 2014 12:20 am

He doesn't want to get it more like, Bonny. He wants status quo.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon May 26, 2014 5:59 am

It's amazing, at least according to The Media, how many people are delighted about this, as am I. But generally it isn't because UKIP are winning but because the other idiots of all parties are taking a kicking. Very English. We will only take so much. Can't wait for the next General Election.

Not sure about Wales and Northern Ireland, but in my opinion Scotland has just taken another step towards Freedom.

We will have to wait and see what UKIP will do before it will be possible to see if they can sustain their policies long term. As for the other idiots, serves them right. They've had plenty of warnings. The electorate are fed up with being treated with contempt, and not necessarily just on immigration.

Do you know, I have despaired for nigh on forty years which is why I stopped voting, when I could. I would now vote UKIP. And I never thought I would do that.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon May 26, 2014 11:30 am

Well, UKIP is anathema to most Scots, Sabot, us not being racist Little Englanders....they needn't crow too much about gaining a seat in Scotland from the Lib Dems- if indeed they have. You do know UKIP's policy on Scotland is to ABOLISH our parliament?

You only need 10% of the vote to get a Europe seat; UKIP are sitting on 10.4% in Scotland....I would rather have seen a Green or one of the other decent parties get it, as they won 8%.

But hey ho, that's politics, and it's a salutary reminded to the SNP that they MUST get every single vote out - the turnout was only 33%, which is woeful. The result is a good vote of confidence in the Scottish government, though.

Westminster and Europe should, IMO, be very very worried about these results. The wheels have come off their imperialist schemes bigtime, but there are some very nasty undercurrents in the far right.

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon May 26, 2014 12:00 pm

The neo nazi right wing party, Jobbik here came a very poor second. I do not like Orban, our PM, one bit. but his party, Fidusz, held the line, got over 50% of the vote. As for UKIP, you ain't seeing me living back in England any time soon. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon May 26, 2014 12:12 pm

I don't like the EU as it currently operates, it's turned into a bloated monster of an empire, using NATO as its military wing. I distinctly remember voting for a trading group with member countries on good terms.

BUT - I would rather the EU reformed itself than collapse and risk European nations turning on each other again. The rise of the far-right in Europe has bothered me for a while. As for UKIP - everyone knows what their nasty little secret is, and why people are really voting for them.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against them causing uproar at Westminster, that's always welcome, and long overdue. That doesn't mean I have to like them, or their policies, though.

IMO, it's good for the YES campaign, as they are so irritating and alien to most Scots - the new Scots MEP they're so proud of actually only got one vote in ten of those who voted, and wouldn't have been elected at all if the other parties had hauled a few thousand more supporters each to the polling station. Their Scots MEP is fat and pompous and has managed to annoy me already, and it's barely lunchtime....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon May 26, 2014 12:19 pm

UK elections - Page 2 Image

The vision of manliness on the left is the UKIP Scots MEP David Coburn.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon May 26, 2014 2:29 pm

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/euro-election-shock-ukip-win-3608298

Mr Coburn said he will fight hard against the campaign for Scottish independence.

UK elections - Page 2 David-Coburn

UKIP MEP David Coburn pulls a face behind Labour MEP's Catherine Stihler and David Martin as the results are announced for Scotland

Ignorant oaf. Conduct like that should guarantee many more YES votes, as Scottish voters contemplate the horror of being ruled by a Tory/UKIP Westminster coalition if they don't vote for independence.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon May 26, 2014 2:50 pm

Keep up the good work guys.  biggrin 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon May 26, 2014 3:24 pm

Yup. As the Lib Dems have been wiped out pretty much all over the UK, mainly for selling themselves down the river for a coalition with the Tories, just watch the Tories rush to jump into bed with UKIP.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon May 26, 2014 4:31 pm

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon May 26, 2014 5:35 pm

Such an a-hole.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon May 26, 2014 5:59 pm

I went to bed last night thinking, UKIPs probably got one in Scotland, because of the vagaries of the system and the low turn-out, oh well, these things happen...

That lasted until I watched the news this morning and saw and heard that fat, ignorant, rude OAF. I could barely believe my eyes when I saw what UKIP voters here had elected....

It's all good, actually, because he has so rapidly made it plain he's obnoxious and doesn't greatly like us anyway, he is likely to be a gift from the Gods for the YES campaign. I gather from friends that not many people are admitting to voting UKIP as reality sinks in.....he'd had no public exposure till he was unleashed on a horrified public this morning.

I can only assume that the people who voted for him thought they were getting Farage drinking beer and being bloke-ish, and what they've actually got is a shoe-in for Goering.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon May 26, 2014 6:32 pm

He looks like a joke actually.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon May 26, 2014 6:44 pm

He sounds like it too, stumbling and incoherent. And rude. I don't see him lasting long, personally. Whether he likes it or not, he's going to be under far more scrutiny than UKIP members in England, and I don't think he's up to it.

Not even 24 hours since the declaration, and he's already offended people and stuck his foot in his mouth on TV. And been caught making childish faces at Labour candidates.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon May 26, 2014 8:26 pm

Meanwhile, back at Westminster....Clegg is a very unhappy man. From-

http://news.sky.com/story/1269329/nick-clegg-defiant-after-elections-disaster

UK elections - Page 2 Cegrab-20140526-141210-0-1-626x352

Nick Clegg has given an emotional interview in which he insisted it had not crossed his mind to resign after devastating local and European election results.

The Liberal Democrat leader said the results in which his party lost over 300 councillors and all but one of its 11 MEPs was "gutting, heartbreaking" and a "huge setback".

But he argued he was not going to wash his hands and walk away just because the "going gets really tough".

He said: "At the point when our big decisions, our big judgments are being vindicated, we are not going to buckle.

"We are not going to lose our nerve. And we are not going to walk away."

Hmm. I'm none too sure he's going to get the choice, and it's hard to know what else he expected to happen after he threw every single principle the Lib Dems stood on under the bus.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon May 26, 2014 10:42 pm

UK elections - Page 2 BolxFSeIUAADJueUK elections - Page 2 Bol4NhNIgAAliRY
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon May 26, 2014 11:58 pm

Unbelievable.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue May 27, 2014 10:04 am

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/ukips-top-scottish-candidate---3464384

UKIP's top Scottish candidate - who left foreign students thousands out of pocket when he shut his language school- wants crackdown on immigration
Apr 27, 2014 07:56 By Mark Aitken 15 Comments
RIGHT-WINGER David Coburn left the students from all over the world in the lurch after taking tuition fees in advance.

UK elections - Page 2 JS35473376

Coburn, left, with UKIP leader Farage on campaign trail

UKIP’s top Scottish candidate in next month’s European elections left foreign students thousands of pounds out of pocket after he shut down their language school.

Right-winger David Coburn left the students from all over the world in the lurch after taking tuition fees in advance.

Coburn, 55, is described in a UKIP election leaflet as an “international freight forwarding business owner”.

He ran the Lexicon School of English in London’s Kensington, which was dissolved in 1993 by the Companies
Registrar after failing to file accounts.

But Coburn improperly carried on trading, despite an outstanding rent bill of £45,000 and was still taking in cash until just before he closed the school.

Angry students said they were left in extreme financial difficulties with one describing Coburn as an “absolute b*****d’’.

After Lexicon’s collapse, other language schools offered the students free courses.

Two of Coburn’s other companies, Heliogabalus and D&C Trading, were dissolved in 2010 and 2012 respectively.

Coburn, now based in Edinburgh, said: “I have had a lot of businesses. Some have been better than others.

“The students all transferred on to other schools. It was the time of the Gulf War starting and everyone was having trouble. Businesses were doing badly all over the place.

“Plus there were lots of cheap language schools opening up which undermined everyone. If you can’t make money out it, you have to close it.”

Scotland has six European seats up for grabs this year and UKIP are hopeful of grabbing one, with Coburn top of their list.

Alex Salmond has previously insisted that an independent Scotland would have more liberal immigration policies than the UK.

Coburn said: “Mr Salmond seems to want to fill the country with people from God knows where.

“That’s what has happened in England where people are desperately unhappy about it and are voting UKIP.”

Coburn also insists that Scots living outside Scotland should have a vote in the independence referendum.

He said: “Salmond is destroying their citizenship. If they don’t get a postal vote in the referendum, it is not worth a candle. It is a fraud.”

i think we can all see who the fraud - or rather fraudster - is. It would be good if this business of him allegedly supplying false information to the Electoral Commission was taken further.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next