JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
UK elections - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
UK elections - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
UK elections - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
UK elections - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
UK elections - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
UK elections - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
UK elections - Page 3 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
UK elections - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
UK elections - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

UK elections

4 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

UK elections - Page 3 Empty Re: UK elections

Post  Sabot Tue May 27, 2014 10:35 am

I think it is all a howl a minute, especially from this side of The Channel. But it ever has been since I moved here.
I don't care if Britain leaves The EU, or joins The EU Currency. But common sense tells me that it would probably be better for Britain if they don't. However, The EU doesn't need them.

I am not in the least bit bothered about France. I have been here too long paying taxes to worry about that. And The Peasants won't put up with any malarky anyway.

I just wish that Britain would make up it's mind. Totally In, or totally Out.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue May 27, 2014 10:49 am

IMO, the EU needs to clean house, Sabot, it's turned into something people simply didn't vote for in the last referendum.

I know I voted to be in the Common Market, not this bloated, bureaucratic monster. I am in favour of trading partnerships and co-operation, not the Holy Roman Empire reborn and using NATO as its own private army.

I am most unhappy about the rise of the far Right in Europe, especially as Hitler came to power because of proportional representation.

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue May 27, 2014 11:39 am

I didn't vote in The Referendum because didn't understand. And I am far from stupid. So, there was a lot that we weren't told. And still not being told.

Don't worry about France. France won't get sucked in. There are far too many Memorials by the road side around here, to dead Frenchmen and Bretons. Still visited and remembered.

Germany? Sorry about this, but I wouldn't trust Germans any further than I could throw them. And I have talked to and even befriended a few in my time, when I thought they were being subjected to unwarranted prejudice. But they do all still believe that they are in some way superior, and that Brits are lazy and dirty as a whole. I have actually listened to them saying things like this.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue May 27, 2014 12:02 pm

But France has been sucked in, Sabot, their far-right lot got the highest vote in Europe....Interestingly, the far-Right did worst in the nations that once suffered under fascism.

It's a very dangerous doctrine, it appeals to the lowest in society, as it gives them an excuse to scapegoat innocent people for their own failures. Look at how many of the McCann-haters are keen on the BNP and UKIP! It's the policy of envy writ large.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue May 27, 2014 12:20 pm

France does this from time to time, Bonny. It never lasts. I have seen Le Penn rise up a couple of times in the last twenty years, ably to be shot down again.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue May 27, 2014 12:25 pm

You'll know more about France than me, Sabot, so I hope you are right. I loathe the far-Right and everything they stand for.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue May 27, 2014 12:38 pm

This time it is basic dissatisfaction with the pratt, Hollande, supporting his mistresses at The Elysee Palace at the expense of the tax payer. The French are far more moral than most people think.
And funnily enough, the far right went tits up when Nicholas Sarkosy was President. Possibly because at least he married them.
But he was a good President anyway. On the occasions that I witnessed Sarkosy in public, on television, he did look really interested in what was going on. He never just sat there and looked bored. Which has been the wont of Hollande. You can tell a lot from watching people's faces.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue May 27, 2014 12:42 pm

I don't think it was the mistresses they objected to, so much as the fact that French taxpayers were footing the bill?  rofl 
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue May 27, 2014 12:45 pm

bb1 wrote:I don't think it was the mistresses they objected to, so much as the fact that French taxpayers were footing the bill?  rofl 

Especially after he drove out the rich ones. Silly Billy.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed May 28, 2014 5:16 pm

Well, at least there's some good news today, the Lib Dems' week just gets worse and worse...

Lib Dem Peer Oakeshott Resigns Over Poll Leak
The Liberal Democrat, Lord Oakeshott, has resigned after leaking a poll which undermined party leader Nick Clegg.

Lord Oakeshott has resigned from the Liberal Democrats, saying he is sure the party is "heading for disaster" under Nick Clegg.

His resignation came after Mr Clegg warned steps would be taken against him for leaking an ICM poll, which found the Lib Dems leader at risk of losing his seat at the General Election.

Mr Clegg said it was "unacceptable" to find out a senior member of the party was seeking to undermine him and added that "appropriate steps will be taken" when Parliament returns.

In a statement just over an hour after the Liberal Democrat leader made his threat at an event in London, Lord Oakeshott said: "I am today taking leave of absence from the House of Lords and resigning as a member of the Liberal Democrats.

"I am sure the Party is heading for disaster if it keeps Nick Clegg; and I must not get in the way of the many brave Liberal Democrats fighting for change."

backstab 

More bloodletting and internecine squabbling at:

http://news.sky.com/story/1270519/lib-dem-peer-oakeshott-resigns-over-poll-leak

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:46 pm

Tony Blair was at the centre of a row last night over claims that he was preparing to mount another bid to become President of Europe.
The former Prime Minister reacted angrily after the Financial Times ran a leaked account of his meeting with Angela Merkel last Tuesday, claiming he had offered his services to the German Chancellor in a high-profile ‘pro-European role’.
The newspaper – which enjoys a close relationship with the Brussels elite – said the former PM had made it clear to Ms Merkel that he was willing to ‘defend the EU from its increasingly vocal critics’.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2645052/President-Blairs-plan-save-EU-He-tells-Germanys-Merkel-defend-Europe-far-right-fuelling-speculation-bid-Presidency.html#ixzz33PHNAwi5
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Farage will have an extra pint when he reads that - Blair defending the EU is a copper-bottom guarantee that not only is Britain (or England) going to leave the EU, Farage is going to end up as PM.

Doesn't Blair get it? He's loathed outside the chattering classes.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3