JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Death in the Middle East - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Death in the Middle East - Page 8 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Death in the Middle East - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Death in the Middle East - Page 8 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Death in the Middle East - Page 8 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Death in the Middle East - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Death in the Middle East - Page 8 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Death in the Middle East - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Death in the Middle East - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Death in the Middle East

5 posters

Page 8 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 32  Next

Go down

Death in the Middle East - Page 8 Empty Israel-Gaza conflict: Baby killed by tank as IDF begins ground offensive

Post  Lamplighter Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:25 pm

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Death in the Middle East - Page 8 Empty Re: Death in the Middle East

Post  bb1 Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:42 pm

Earlier an Israeli air strike killed three children from the same family in Gaza City.

Two boys and a girl between the ages of eight and 10 were killed when their home was hit.

Their grandfather, Marzouk Shahaibar, said they had gone on the roof of the home to feed pigeons.

Mr Shahaibar told the Associated Press: "Without even realising it, they were struck from above. They weren't fighting. They did nothing."

TV footage from the scene showed a doll and a sandal near pools of blood on the roof.

The deaths come a day after four cousins aged nine to 11 were killed on the beach as they played football beside a coastal road west of Gaza City.

Five-month-old baby 'killed by tank fire'

During a period of unusually intense shelling late yesterday, the lights went out across parts of Gaza as the power was cut and the skyline was then lit by what appeared to be flares fired ahead of the assault.

Heavy fighting was reported to be taking place in the north of the Strip, in the Beit Hanoun and Beit Lahiya areas and also in Khan Younis and Rafah. Artillery fire, believed to be mortar and howitzer, was coming from the north intermittently, with rockets from Gaza arcing towards Israel.

Israeli media reported the loud rumblings of Israeli tanks and D9 bulldozers revving up their engines to cross the border. Emergency services spokesman Ashraf al-Qudra told the AFP news agency that Israeli tank fire had killed a five-month-old baby and another person in Rafah, southern Gaza, in the early hours of Friday local time.

What heroes! Killing babies with tanks - the Israelis must be so proud of themselves.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:49 pm

But, Bonny, to the Israelis the Palestinians are untermensch, sub-humans, vermin, to be eradicated from man's sight. A dead Palestinian baby, kid, teenager, is one less terrorist, which is how they see it. They don't seem to understand they are building up such a mound of hatred one day the reckoning will come and it will be Armageddon for them. Hitler's wish to wipe the Jews from the face of the earth might just happen, not in our lifetime, but in the future if they go on like this. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:01 pm

I've seen enough of Israeli social media recently to know you are right about the new generation of Israelis, LL, I find them repellent, and no, they don't regard Palestinians as human beings.

If their neighbours ever stop fighting each other about which branch of Islam is the best, and turn on their common enemy, then as you say, the retribution will be terrible.

Unfortunately, you can guarantee that the Israeli politicians and generals that have caused all this will be on the first planes out to the USA, and ordinary Israelis will pay a terrible price for crimes committed in their name.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:14 pm

The other problem the Israelis are causing is the reaction of non-Jews to Jews outside Israel.   There are a huge number of Jews who do NOT support Israel, who are angry at what Netanyahu does, who want only peace with the world and now they are beginning to be coupled with the Israelis as evil child killers.   It would not take much for some fundamentalist Christians to turn on the Jews in their village, town or city, using the ongoing killings in the Gaza as a way to ignite the old hatreds, the stories that the Jews killed Christ (they didn't the Romans did), the blood libel that Jews kill babies to mix their blood with the matzo bread and so on.   A future Holocaust in the making?   LL

Last edited by Lamplighter on Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:31 pm

LL, I have reached the conclusion that extremist Christians, Muslims and Zionists are all EXACTLY the same. They all claim to follow the same one god and slaughter each other, and anyone else they fancy, in their god's name. Five per cent of the population is responsible for 95% of the bloodshed.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:22 pm

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Death in the Middle East - Page 8 Empty LATEST UPDATES

Post  Lamplighter Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:22 am

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:55 am

I generally stay out of these discussions because I know that my views are not popular.  But it doesn't mean that I don't care, because I do.  And I have followed the ongoing situation since way before most people even knew it was happening.

In the aftermath of The Shoa when Jews were beaten and bleeding, it was they who turned vast areas of desert into agricultural land, and against interference from all sides, including Britain.  They have made Palestine, or Israel, what it has become.

The Palestinian Arabs could have done this, but didn't even try.  They were far too busy bombarding and killing The Jews, although I don't think that most  ordinary Palestinian Arabs necessarily hate Jews.

I know a fairly high ranking Australian Naval Envoy who has been involved in peace talks for knocking on twenty years now, and he despairs of there ever being a solution.  The Palestinians want the Jews dead or out.  And this is simply not going to happen.

Last edited by Sabot on Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:48 am

Your views don't have to be popular, Sabot, they're your views and you are entitled to them.  hug 

There's always a difference between the people who are doing the suffering at ground level, be they Jews, Palestinians or Ukrainians and those at the top who pull the strings and rarely if ever suffer.

I'm on the side of the people at the bottom whatever their race, colour or creed.

Last edited by bb1 on Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:02 pm

A lot of the people at the top in Israel today, were at the bottom when it really mattered.

Thanks, by the way, Bonny. I never deliberately set out to offend.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:19 pm

One of the problems, IMO, is that the generation that founded Israel is dying out, Sabot, and many of the up-and-coming Israelis aren't fit to lick their boots. Actually, that's a bad way of putting it. Zionist extremists are appearing, that have as much in common with ordinary Israelis that want to live their lives in peace as crazed jihadists do with ordinary muslims that want to live their lives in peace.

I've taken to discounting an awful lot of what is regurgitated in newspapers, time and again it bears little resemblance to reality and is just some government's line being pushed.

Zionist social media is horrifying, it's actually worse than ISIS, the extremists regard Palestinians as nazis regarded jews....it's sickening.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:31 pm

Zionist social media is horrifying, it's actually worse than ISIS, the extremists regard Palestinians as nazis regarded jews....it's sickening.

As I said earlier, genocide, plain and simple. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:48 pm

Israeli version:

http://news.sky.com/story/1303825/israeli-troops-fight-hamas-militants-on-border

Israeli troops have clashed with Hamas militants on the Gaza border, with reports of some heavy fighting inside Israeli territory.

The military wing of Hamas, the Ezzedine al Qassam Brigades, said some of its fighters were "behind enemy lines" and were involved in gun battles with the Israeli Defence Forces (IDF) near the Gaza border fence.

In a statement, it said: "The Qassam Brigades carried out an operation behind enemy lines.

"Heavy fighting is ongoing with the forces of the occupation."

Israeli soldiers were injured during firefights in the north of the Gaza Strip and security alerts were issued on parts of Highway Four in southern Israel on Saturday, according to Ynetnews.

A statement from the ISraeli military said two soldiers were treated in hospital.

"Earlier today, terrorists attempted to execute an attack against Israelis. The attack was foiled by an IDF force," it said.

"Several terrorists infiltrated into Israel from the central Gaza Strip through a tunnel.

"They were aiming to carry out a lethal attack in one of the nearby communities when they came upon an IDF force patrolling the vicinity

AJ version:

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2014/07/gaza-under-intense-fire-as-death-toll-mounts-201471983154656378.html

At least 34 people have been killed in Gaza after Israeli army bombardment intensifies on the second day of a ground offensive it says is aimed at destroying Hamas' cross-border tunnels.

Al Jazeera's Stefanie Dekker, reporting from Gaza, spoke of of "relentless and constant thuds" of tank fire across the eastern border of Gaza on Saturday, "with only around 10 seconds between each".

She said the tanks were concentrated along eastern Gaza, bordering Israel, and that there were many civilian casualties in that area.

Heavy Israeli artillery attacks were reported by an Al Jazeera Arabic correspondent across other areas of the enclave. Drones, jets and attack helicopters patrolled the skies.

The Gaza Health Ministry said the death toll over 12 days now stands at 333. That figure includes 77 children, 24 women and 18 senior citizens, and that more than 2,385 people have been injured.

In Israel, one civilian was killed and two others were injured by a rocket strike on a Bedouin communnity near Dimona, bringing the Israeli death toll to two civilians.

The army said that an Israeli soldier was killed in friendly fire earlier in the week.

More at links.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:33 pm

Death in the Middle East - Page 8 Imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Feditorialcartoonists.com%2Fcartoons%2FZygliA%2F2014%2FZygliA20140718A_low.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Feditorialcartoonists

Speaks for itself.

Sorry cannot get picture on here. So have deleted.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:45 pm

Got the link, Lily.

Death in the Middle East - Page 8 Human_10

I don't even think it's fair to call these poor people 'human shields'. There are so many people in Gaza, in such a small space, that there's nowhere for them to go, and no escape.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:18 pm

I know, Bonny, and thank you.

The human shields angle is often referred to here as the excuse for the bombing.

The cartoon illustrates to me, that the people just cannot win and are the sacrificial pawns in this game.

As you say, where can they go?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:22 pm

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:53 pm

Yes it is...
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:00 pm

I found it especially interesting having watched some Israeli defence female get asked a difficult question and then start stuttering and hyperventilating. I assumed it was because she didn't know the answer, but that suggests it was because the question wasn't covered by her script.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:24 pm

Ah.....she may need a teleprompter. She could ask O....
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:41 pm

The one to watch is Mark Regev, Netanyahu's mouthpiece.  Talk about glib, he comes over as downright slimy.   He's Australian which is why his English is good.   As regards Netanyahu, between 1956 and 1958, and again from 1963 to 1967, his family lived in the United States in Cheltenham Township, Pennsylvania, a suburb of Philadelphia, where he attended and graduated from Cheltenham High School and was active in a debate club. To this day, he speaks American English with a Philadelphia accent.   He calls himself a 'secular Jew'.    LL

http://www.dailysabah.com/europe/2014/07/19/jon-snow-slams-israeli-pms-spokesperson-on-gaza-killings

Last edited by Lamplighter on Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:48 pm

I haven't seen him, LL. I did notice one of their military blokes had a very English accent, but I can't recall his name.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:51 pm

bb1 wrote:I haven't seen him, LL. I did notice one of their military blokes had a very English accent, but I can't recall his name.
Watch Regev on the link above and revel in the demolition job Jon Snow does on him, and not for the first time. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:11 pm

thumbsup 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums