JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Fanatic attacks in Australia, hostages taken in cafe - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Fanatic attacks in Australia, hostages taken in cafe - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Fanatic attacks in Australia, hostages taken in cafe - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Fanatic attacks in Australia, hostages taken in cafe - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Fanatic attacks in Australia, hostages taken in cafe - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Fanatic attacks in Australia, hostages taken in cafe - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Fanatic attacks in Australia, hostages taken in cafe - Page 3 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Fanatic attacks in Australia, hostages taken in cafe - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Fanatic attacks in Australia, hostages taken in cafe - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Fanatic attacks in Australia, hostages taken in cafe

4 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Fanatic attacks in Australia, hostages taken in cafe - Page 3 Empty Re: Fanatic attacks in Australia, hostages taken in cafe

Post  Lamplighter Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:11 pm

bb1 wrote:I don't greatly like Putin or Obama, LL - the difference is, I respect Putin, and have bottomless contempt for Obama. Wink
Now why did I get the impression you dislike Obama?   Me, I'm neutral there, and no, I have no respect for Putin, sorry.   He's just a KGB man with a wafer-thin veneer of democracy.   LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Fanatic attacks in Australia, hostages taken in cafe - Page 3 Empty Re: Fanatic attacks in Australia, hostages taken in cafe

Post  bb1 Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:45 pm

But that's a big part of it, LL. There are no mysteries about Putin, no-one ever has to question his parentage, or his loyalty to Russia.

Then compare him with Obama. There are MANY questions about his origins, and he grew up with more communists than Putin did. Obama consistently does things that hurt ordinary Americans, and the wider world. He also acts like a disrespectful oaf.

Is it Obama himself? Whoever's pulling his strings? A bit of both? I don't know, but it's nothing good.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:56 pm

I am unable to say anything about Obama, but I see Jeb Bush is saying he will possibly run for President - does anybody want another Bush in the White House, especially one who supported his brother over WMDs and boots on the ground in the Middle East? As I have no real interest in this, I'm backing off now as I hate arguments. LL hug hug
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:29 pm

Er, I'm not arguing, just exchanging views. hug

We're outsiders looking in, but frankly, if the next Presidential election is Bush v. Clinton, then America may as well abandon any pretence of being a democratic republic, it will have become an oligarchy/monarchy officially, with the crown being swapped between a handful of elites.

I don't like causing offence to Americans, they're victims of this too, but IMO this will be the final failure of the two-party system. There simply doesn't seem to be any room for original, dissenting voices, like Ron or Rand Paul.

I recommend reading Ron Paul, LL, you will be awestruck by his sheer good sense, honesty and care for his country.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:33 pm

t will have become an oligarchy
Which will put it on a par with Russia. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:38 pm

Possibly worse, LL, as it will be presented to the world with democratic trappings - Will of the People, etc., when in reality the fix has been in for months.

I just don't see how only two political parties can possibly fairly represent the views of the voters, there has to be room for the irritating maverick. Yes, even George Galloway, little though I like him.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:57 pm

I think the big problem is that most countries do tend to have two main parties, with smaller parties trying to get their word in.   The USA has two right leaning parties, no opposition such as in the UK.  It doesn't even have anything like UKIP.   Ans as far as I can see the 'Tea Party' is as much use as a cow in a thunderstorm, all mouth and nae knickers!   I think the 'purging' of the commies in the 1950s set a precedent that anyone who disagreed with the Dems and Reps have to be setting out to destroy the state.    And Russia's political system is also very suspect.  
In its post-Soviet Union days, Russia has drawn criticism for a tightly controlled political process in which there's little room for opposition parties. In addition to many smaller parties dozens were and still are rejected for official registration, including the People's Freedom Party attempt in 2011 by former deputy prime minister Boris Nemtsov. Vague reasons are often given for denials, raising accusations of political motivations behind the decision; the reason given for denying registration to Nemtsov's party was "the inconsistency in the party's charter and other documents filed for the official registration."
I believe the problem is mainly because men are in  charge and they take positions and puff out their chests and start wars.    And it is women who pick up the pieces and try and bring some semblance of sanity to the proceedings.    Just my opinion, you understand. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:03 pm

Ron and Rand Paul are both common sense decent human beings and personally, I would always welcome them.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:05 pm

And it is women who pick up the pieces and try and bring some semblance of sanity to the proceedings.

...Unless they're called Hilary Clinton, or Pelosi, etc.......
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3