JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
US politics and election - Page 30 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
US politics and election - Page 30 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
US politics and election - Page 30 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
US politics and election - Page 30 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
US politics and election - Page 30 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
US politics and election - Page 30 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
US politics and election - Page 30 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
US politics and election - Page 30 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
US politics and election - Page 30 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

US politics and election

5 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

US politics and election - Page 30 Empty Re: US politics and election

Post  Lamplighter Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:19 pm

bb1 wrote:Yes.....you would think it would be clear-cut, with Cruz being born in Canada, with a Cuban father, but apparently it isn't.
I think the problem is you have 51 or is it 52 states, all with their own legislature and rules and one federal legislation; each state makes its' own rules and they have to appeal to washington for clarification if they have any problems. An example is the same sex marriage laws, and most gay matters, where each state has its own rules - I have friends who had to go to another state to get married as same sex marriages are barred in their home state. In the UK you have the main rules made at Westminster with powers delegated to Parliaments in Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast. The US legislative and legal systems are supposedly based on the UK system, but it seems to have gone pear-shaped over the last 200 years. I remember finding the legal system bizarre, to put it mildly!! LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:24 pm

Well, I thought being President was simple - you had to be born in the US, of parents who were US citizens. But apparently there are loopholes....

This one is going to make many lawyers even richer.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:34 pm

Follow

New York Daily NewsVerified account
‏@NYDailyNews
An early look at Saturday's front page http://nydn.us/1ZqB2FW

US politics and election - Page 30 CYz5wV2UMAASD03

Yes, there is something slimy about Cruz; maybe it's because he's turning out to be just another crooked lawyer wrapping himself in religion?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:39 pm

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/137375194651/the-biggest-trump-story-that-you-missed-master

Quote:

But Trump doesn’t do empathy. Part of the reason, I assume, is that showing empathy would make him look weaker in future negotiations. But I believe his upbringing is part of it as well.

His background is Scottish Presbyterian - not much more needs to be said. rofl rofl rofl rofl

Oor Wee Eck is also, obviously, Scots Presbyterian, so it isn't any wonder they are having such a spectacular international slanging match. Neither of them will back down, and the feud over windfarms will go on for decades. rofl
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:44 pm

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 25m25 minutes ago
Oh no, just reported that Ted Cruz didn't report another loan, this one from Citi. Wow, no wonder banks do so well in the U.S. Senate.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 30m30 minutes ago
The Ted Cruz wiseguy apology to the people of New York is a disgrace. Remember, his wife's employer, and his lender, is located there!

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 50m50 minutes ago
Was there another loan that Ted Cruz FORGOT to file. Goldman Sachs owns him, he will do anything they demand. Not much of a reformer!

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 53m53 minutes ago
Ted Cruz said he "didn't know" that he was a Canadian Citizen. He also FORGOT to file his Goldman Sachs Million $ loan papers.Not believable

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 1h1 hour ago
Ted Cruz was born in Canada and was a Canadian citizen until 15 months ago. Lawsuits have just been filed with more to follow. I told you so
637 retweets 1,218 likes

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:08 pm

His background is Scottish Presbyterian
Trump's? Maybe his mother but on his father's side he is German descended, the family name was, as I recall, Drumpf, anglicized to Trump when he emigrated to the US. His g-father's story makes quite interestng reading. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:14 pm

The point is that Trump comes from a background that doesn't do crying in public, or anything touchy-feely like that. And he himself lists his religion as 'presbyterian'. Which is an improvement on these mad evangelicals that usually turn out to be con-men.

The point about him smelling 9/11 is spot-on, IMO; he doesn't just turn on cheap waterworks and glib phrases.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:26 pm

Trump's mother's side is Scottish. thumbsup
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:39 pm

There is absolutely NOTHING in his background to suggest he's ever going to say things like I feel your pain or shed crocodile tears on TV - grind opponents into the dust, is more like it.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:42 pm

Who wants a President who cries on cue......
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:48 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/ted-cruz-yes-i-made-a-1-million-loan-paperwork-error-a6813391.html

Ted Cruz: Yes I made a $1 million loan 'paperwork error' and didn't disclose it

Easy mistake to make - who of us hasn't made a 'paperwork error' involving a million dollars? Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:00 pm

It happens every day...... Pcorneater
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:52 pm

The Donald is still going full blast:

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 2h2 hours ago
Greatly dishonest of @TedCruz to file a financial disclosure form & not list his lending banks- then pretend he is going to clean up Wall St

When will @TedCruz give all the New York based campaign contributions back to the special interests that control him.

Everybody that loves the people of New York, and all they have been thru, should get hypocrites like Ted Cruz out of politics!

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 3h3 hours ago
If Ted Cruz is so opposed to gay marriage, why did he accept money from people who espouse gay marriage?

Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:12 pm

The thing is, how can you argue with Trump? Pcorneater
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:26 pm

Well, it doesn't seem to be a very good idea to try..... rofl
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:36 pm

Cruz must be hating this and then others are probably worrying about what to do when it's their turn. rofl
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:28 pm

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 3h3 hours ago
Wow! Ted Cruz received $487K in campaign contributions, $11M from a NY hedge fund mogul, & $1M low int. loan from Goldman Sachs. Hypocrite

I don't see anyone else being as utterly stupid as Cruz was, Lily; I genuinely have NEVER seen a politician do something so self-destructive as that.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:32 pm

I bet he's wishing he hadn't started it now. biggrin
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:40 am

Here's another one....this is most interesting:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14210102.Police_investigate_threats_from_far_right_Trump_supporters_against_Aberdeen_campaigner_fighting_to_keep_billionaire_out_of_the_UK/

World News
Police investigate threats from far-right Trump supporters against Aberdeen campaigner fighting to keep billionaire out of the UK

US politics and election - Page 30 4638653

Activist Suzanne Kelly in Aberdeen, Scotland. December 10 2015. Ms Kelly created a petition asking for Donald Trump to be banned from the UK following comments he made regarding Muslims. Mr Trump has threatened to withdraw £700million of investment in

THREATS of physical violence made by supporters of Donald Trump against the Aberdeen campaigner behind the petition to keep the far-right billionaire out of the UK are being investigated by Police Scotland.

Suzanne Kelly, a 54-year-old New Yorker who has made her home in the north east of Scotland, has complained to police about an email warning her "never set foot outside the UK again, at least not where we can get our hands on her" and suggesting that she could "end up picking cotton" - a reference to slavery.

Kelly started a petition calling on the UK government to bar Trump, the front-runner to be the Republican Party’s candidate for US president, from entering the UK. It has been signed by over 573,000 people, and is due to be debated by the UK parliament tomorrow.

More at link, including one of the Terrible Threats:

One emailer, Chris Bridges, warned her not to offend Trump supporters. “Suzanne Kelly would be well-advised to never set foot outside the UK again, at least not where we can get our hands on her,” he wrote.

“Americans have had just about enough guff from leftist Marxist morons in the UK and we may get it into our heads to rescue the Mother Country from the lunatics currently running it. We have vast cotton fields where the likes of Ms Kelly can turn their hands to profitable labour.”

'Scuse me, chum, she's actually one of YOUR leftist Marxist morons, who until now has been flying under false colours in Scotland. Like many others, I assumed she was a home-grown moonbat, so it's fascinating to find out she is actually a 'New York activist'. All it needs to complete the picture is to find out she works for Soros.

Kelly is not optimistic that MPs will agree to ban Trump on Monday. “I don’t believe the debate will go my way, though it probably should,” she said. “I feel like the mouse that roared.”

She plans to respond with a statement on Aberdeen Voice this week, and then says she will “put the bar down” on further interviews. In the autumn she is planning to move to Hastings on the south coast of England.

Trickster that has suckered a great many people into making total arses of themselves, more like.

It's stunts like this that make me glad I left the SNP, over their increasing fondness for moonbattery and virtue-signalling.

PS - Is it me, or has Ms King got one of the smuggest smirks ever?

Last edited by bb1 on Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:42 am

BTW, I won't be surprised if it turns out that Ms King wrote the 'threatening emails' herself - it's what SJWs do. Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:17 pm

That is definitely one big smirk on her face.

Who is SHE to say who can and cannot come into the UK? She is American after all.... Pcorneater
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:20 pm

I'd be interested to know who Ms King is associated with in New York, Lily. My nose has gone that twitchy way.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:48 pm

Oh yes......maybe a certain big money old person?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:44 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/01/19/inspector-general-clinton-emails-had-intel-from-most-secretive-classified-programs.html

programs
Catherine Herridge
By Catherine Herridge, Pamela Browne Published January 19, 2016 FoxNews.com
Facebook0 Twitter0 livefyre7351 Email Print

NOW PLAYING
FBI investigation into Clinton expands beyond emails
Never autoplay videos
EXCLUSIVE: Hillary Clinton's emails on her unsecured, homebrew server contained intelligence from the U.S. government's most secretive and highly classified programs, according to an unclassified letter from a top inspector general to senior lawmakers.

Fox News exclusively obtained the unclassified letter, sent Jan. 14 from Intelligence Community Inspector General I. Charles McCullough III. It laid out the findings of a recent comprehensive review by intelligence agencies that identified "several dozen" additional classified emails -- including specific intelligence known as "special access programs" (SAP).

That indicates a level of classification beyond even “top secret,” the label previously given to two emails found on her server, and brings even more scrutiny to the presidential candidate’s handling of the government’s closely held secrets.
....etc.

That'll be the server that was being kept in someone's bathroom? Astounding.

It's a bit late for intelligence types to worry; every single email on that will long since have been delivered to Putin, Assad, assorted ayatollahs, North Korea, ISIS, etc., etc.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:51 pm

.....and many more... mad
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums