JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
US politics and election - Page 29 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
US politics and election - Page 29 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
US politics and election - Page 29 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
US politics and election - Page 29 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
US politics and election - Page 29 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
US politics and election - Page 29 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
US politics and election - Page 29 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
US politics and election - Page 29 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
US politics and election - Page 29 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

US politics and election

5 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

US politics and election - Page 29 Empty Re: US politics and election

Post  lily Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:16 pm

rofl rofl rofl
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:24 pm

I think The Donald would also win the War of the Insults, because he just says whatever he feels like. Oor Eck is handicapped these days by the moonbat element in the SNP, who will burst into tears if he says anything too nasty or rough.

I find it very appropriate that this spat started over a windfarm. Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:17 pm

Why do they have to keep emasculating the men?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:07 pm

The moonbats? I wish I knew, but they do it everywhere they get a chance, and it always ends in disaster, not least because moonbats are also always totally incompetent.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:40 pm

Of course. They are men 'light' I guess.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:21 am

I see Cruz set his mouth in motion without first engaging his brain....

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/01/15/trump-cruz-clash-over-eligibility-new-york-values-at-gop-debate.html?intcmp=hpbt1

Incidentally, I caught a bit of Christie mouthing off about Syria, announcing he'd 'impose a no-fly zone on Syria'. Really? So, the governor of New Jersey imagines he is entitled to tell the legal government of Syria they aren't allowed to fly their own planes over their own country?

It's arrogance and stupidity like that that has caused the current mess in the Middle East in the first place.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:48 am

New York Daily News ‏@NYDailyNews 32m32 minutes ago
Today's @NYDailyNews Cover: There's just no 'value' to @tedcruz's criticism of ‘NY Values' http://nydn.us/1RK368t

US politics and election - Page 29 CYwcl80WcAAwYN9

Ouch!
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:33 pm

http://m.nydailynews.com/new-york/lupica-ted-cruz-new-york-city-values-9-11-heroes-article-1.2497009

Much of the US seems to be stunned by the truly breathtaking stupidity Cruz displayed last night. Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:32 pm

Let's say it was very interesting, Bonny. biggrin
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:37 pm

I've only seen edited highlights, Lily - like Cruz insulting nine million New Yorkers. Awesome stupidity!
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:23 pm

It can only get better..... rofl
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:54 pm

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ted-cruz-asks-new-yorkers-donations-insulting-article-1.2498100

Ted Cruz campaign begs New Yorkers for quick cash after the GOP hopeful attacked ‘New York values’
BY LARRY MCSHANE NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Updated: Friday, January 15, 2016, 1:42 PM

There’s one thing Ted Cruz still values about New Yorkers: Their checkbooks.

The GOP presidential hopeful, after insulting Big Apple residents, implored city dwellers to cough up financial support for his White House campaign in a Friday morning mass email.

“So, I’m counting on you New York,” the Texas senator wrote after the Thursday night Republican debate. “Can I ask you ... to make an urgent gift of at least $25?

“OR, if you can afford more, will you make an urgent gift of $100 or even $500?”

The email opened by inviting New Yorkers to help Cruz fend off attacks from “the liberal media ... like The New York Times.”

The best help, the email quickly explained, would come in the way of an “urgent contribution” to the Cruz campaign.

“New York, tonight is the most important night of my campaign, and right now, I am personally asking if you’ll be a part of it,” the senator added.

Cruz enraged New Yorkers with his attack on “New York values” as embodied by Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump.

lmcshane@nydailynews.com

I've seen politicians do some dumb things over the years, but nothing tops what Cruz did last night, IMO. It's like insulting Londoners when you want to get elected as PM. Madness!
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:55 pm

“New York, tonight is the most important night of my campaign

I suppose he got that bit right. Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:07 pm

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl The people of New York will not forget that.

There is something about him I do not like and that was before yesterday.  Pcorneater
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:11 pm

I confess, I haven't paid much attention to him, Lily, but watching that clip of his attack on Trump, and on New York, there's something wrong about Cruz. Something went across his face that I didn't like one bit.

There's also all this stuff coming out about him, loans and Goldman Sachs. And how can he stand for President if he was Canadian less than two years ago?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:36 pm

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-01-15/more-smoking-guns-will-hillarys-next-stop-be-white-house-or-big-house

More Smoking Guns - Will Hillary's Next Stop Be The White House Or The Big House?

Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:38 pm

The fact that he became naturalized fairly recently is what I question too. Some legal eagle stated that he can legally run.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/01/ted-cruz-eligibility-memo/424206/
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:44 pm

You know it's going to be complicated if the answer involves 14th century English law and Sir Francis Bacon....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:48 pm

I can see, from reading that, that the question would keep lawyers happy for decades. But - does the US really want another President that may not even actually be 'American'?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:50 pm

If she isn't indicted for something, then there will be quite the backlash from the FBI etc.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:07 pm

I don't honestly know, Bonny. Trump will keep on about it if they let it go. So I kinda think he would not get away with it.

Regarding Hillary, and since Obama doesn't care for the Clintons, will he bring out his favorite to run for his job? Biden has just started to say that he wished he had got in the race.........
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:48 am

Regarding US citizenship and, like my younger son, having considered it, I went searching for some light on this subject an found this comment on the link below:
Ted Cruz is NOT a natural born citizen and is NOT constitutionally eligible for the presidency or vice presidency. Children born abroad of even two citizen parents are only “naturalized by congressional statute” citizens, as specified in US Code 1401(c) for those children with two citizen parents and 1401(g) for those with one citizen parent and one alien parent, like Cruz. Naturalization law cannot make anyone a “natural born citizen”! Naturalized citizens have NEVER been eligible for the presidency! All natural born citizens are “citizens at birth” but not all citizens at birth are natural born citizens, just as all chihuahuas are dogs but not all dogs are chihuahuas! Natural born citizen is the highest form of citizenship, and there are only two offices for which a person MUST be a natural born citizen, the presidency and the vice presidency. The president MUST have SOLE allegiance to the U.S. and a person born abroad to even two citizen parents is born with dual citizenship, that of his parents and that of the birth country, hence Ted’s Canadian birth certificate. He may also have had Cuban citizenship, depending on whether his father was still a Cuban citizen or if he had already become a Canadian citizen. There must not be any other country that could possibly claim any kind of sovereignty over or demand loyalty from him/her! Dual citizenship, even at birth is NOT acceptable for the presidency, so it matters NOT that Ted “renounced” his Canadian citizenship in 2014. It is what you are born with that counts.http://www.cafeconlecherepublicans.com/is-ted-cruz-a-natural-born-citizen/
Both my son and I decided against taking this step as neither of us wanted to lose our dual nationality status.    LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:41 am

Thanks, LL, that's interesting. It seems very complicated, and I can't see Americans wanting another President of unclear nationality.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:13 am

bb1 wrote:Thanks, LL, that's interesting. It seems very complicated, and I can't see Americans wanting another President of unclear nationality.
The whole system is unbelivably confusing. I have my dual nationality by the fact that I was born in the UK to a Scottish father and an Austrian mother. My kids are dual cos they were born to UK parents who both had dual Austrian nationality. When the idea was put to me I was for a short time leaning towards living permanently in the US and taking nationality until I was told that i would have to abrogate my dual nationality. I am European by birth and ancestry and the idea that I should wipe that out of existance pulled me up sharply. I had quite a tussle with various US friends who were offering to sponsor me which would by-pass some of the paperwork. I am glad I made the choice I did, it takes too long to get to Vienna from the USA!! I think Arnold Schwarznegger is one of the very few people who has been allowed to keep his Austrian nationalty as well as taking US citizenship; that debars him from running for President. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:31 am

Yes.....you would think it would be clear-cut, with Cruz being born in Canada, with a Cuban father, but apparently it isn't.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next