JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
US elections - Round Two - Page 31 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
US elections - Round Two - Page 31 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
US elections - Round Two - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
US elections - Round Two - Page 31 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
US elections - Round Two - Page 31 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
US elections - Round Two - Page 31 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
US elections - Round Two - Page 31 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
US elections - Round Two - Page 31 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
US elections - Round Two - Page 31 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

US elections - Round Two

4 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

US elections - Round Two - Page 31 Empty Re: US elections - Round Two

Post  bb1 Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:02 pm

I was watching a documentary about the '60s civil rights marches a few days ago, Lily, and I was really struck by the difference in the groups.

The 60s marchers - who really did have a very good reason to protest - all seemed to be immaculately tidy, the men in good suits and the women in smart dresses. And they were non-violent.

So, who are you going to pay attention to? Well-dressed, non-violent people with a genuine reason to protest, or a shower of unwashed thugs in the pay of Soros?

These people continually shouting and screaming, and causing endless disruption, have, IMO, trashed their own cause - if they even have a cause, as none of them seem able to explain why they're doing it.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:14 am

Why? To give Soros his kicks? or something?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:44 am

Oh my!

http://nypost.com/2016/04/14/the-post-endorses-donald-trump/

FacebookTwitterGoogleEmailCopy
OPINION EDITORIAL
The Post endorses Donald Trump
By Post Editorial Board April 14, 2016 | 10:36pm
Donald Trump is a rookie candidate — a potential superstar of vast promise, but making rookie mistakes. The nominee Republicans need for the fall campaign is often hard to make out amid his improvisations and too-harsh replies to his critics.

New Yorkers vote Tuesday. What to do?

Here’s how we see it.

Should he win the nomination, we expect Trump to pivot — not just on the issues, but in his manner. The post-pivot Trump needs to be more presidential: better informed on policy, more self-disciplined and less thin-skinned.

Yet the promise is clearly there in the rookie who is, after all, leading the field as the finals near.

Trump has electrified the public, drawing millions of new voters to the polls and inspiring people who’d given up on ever again having a candidate who’d fight for them.

That’s the work of the Donald Trump we know — a New Yorker, born and bred.

A plain-talking entrepreneur with outer-borough, common-sense sensibilities.
Trump is a do-er. As a businessman, he’s created jobs for thousands. And he’s proven how a private-sector, can-do approach can rip through government red tape and get things done.

These last 10 months, he’s ripped through a different morass — the nation’s stale, insider-driven politics.

And he’s done it by appealing to the public’s anger at a government that’s eternally gridlocked when it comes to serving the people — but always able to deliver for the connected.

He’s slammed the system for being rigged — and he’s right.

To those fed up with the rule of lobbyists and an insular political class, to those who’ve seen their government ignore their needs — seen it continually degrade the quality not just of their economic lives, but of their plaace in society — Trump offers hope.

But then there are those rookie mistakes.

Start with policies that seem made on the fly.

No, pulling US troops out of Japan and South Korea — and pushing both countries to go nuclear to defend themselves — is not remotely a good idea. American commitments may need rethinking — but careful rethinking.

Yes, controlling the border is one of Washington’s fundamental duties — but “Build the Wall” is far too simplistic a policy for a nation of immigrants.

By all means, get the best trade deals for America — but remember that trade means cheaper goods for the less well-off, and challenge US industries to improve.

Trump’s language, too, has too often been amateurish, divisive — and downright coarse.

But what else to expect from someone who’s never been a professional politician and reflects common-man passions?

Indeed, his political incorrectness is one of his great attractions — it proves he’s not one of “them.” He’s challenging the victim culture that has turned into a victimizing culture.

In the general election, we’d expect Trump to stay true to his voters — while reaching out to those he hasn’t won yet.

Trump is now an imperfect messenger carrying a vital message. But he reflects the best of “New York values” — and offers the best hope for all Americans who rightly feel betrayed by the political class.

He has the potential — the skills, the know-how, the values — to live up to his campaign slogan: to make America great again.

For those reasons, The Post today endorses Donald Trump in the GOP primary.

That's YUUUUUGE.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:51 am

Gosh. But I have to admit that he is growing on me somewhat.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:02 am

Trump's not the monster he's been painted as, Sabot. He simply doesn't suffer fools gladly - whatever their race, gender or religion. His own writings on policy, etc., on his website bear little resemblance to what the media portray him as.

And I bet you didn't know he's a big fan of the Scottish NHS!

I suspect the politically-correct are terrified of him because his election would mean the end of their free ride. I certainly don't see Trump inviting rioters to the White House, or aiding and abetting the corruption of the legal process, as Obama has done.

IMO, the Post just about sums it up perfectly.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:25 am

I once said that I didn't suffer fools gladly, and an elderly gentleman said to me, "Don't you think it's time you tried, my dear." He was right, of course. So it's not something I have ever said since.
I very much doubt he realised how drastically he affected my attitude to other people and to myself. I wish I could have thanked him.

But this isn't really the point. Donald Trump obviously isn't a fool, while some people will forever remain so. It's just best never to think you know who is and who isn't.

I think he has been getting some bad Press from some quarters, and as time goes on he is looking better and better. America only needs to realise that he won't be running the show entirely alone, and to look on him as a strong man. Not all that many of those standing for election, are there. Hilary notwithstanding. And at least he can afford to be who he is. And I don't just mean monetarily.

Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:50 am

Well, he has ample experience of running large, international organisations....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:28 pm

bb1 wrote:Well, he has ample experience of running large, international organisations....

I don't know where this is going to go, Bonny. And not really my problem anyway. But I was so sure that Obama was going to be great. And look what a disaster that turned out to be.

Donald Trump can't possibly be worse than that. Although I think Hilary might be.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:48 pm

Hilary would, IMO, be an absolute nightmare, Sabot - one look at her past record gives you a pretty fair idea what the future would be.

I confess to being astounded by women saying they are voting for her 'because it's time we had a woman president'. I can only assume they have completely missed the endless scandals, the meddling in other nations, the trail of death and destruction - everything.

Anyway, look at how well voting for Obama 'because it's time we had a black president' worked out.

Cruz is a nasty bit of work, and a religious maniac that makes Bennett look reasonable, IMO. I would be genuinely scared if he was in the White House - religious nutcases and nuclear weapons are a bad match.

Sanders actually favours the same sort of foreign policy as Trump, but his economic and social politics are the stuff of nightmares. But at least he wouldn't set the rest of the world on fire, possibly because the US would be bankrupt and living off turnips.

Kasich does this kindly old grandpa act, but I have serious questions about how much of that is genuine.

Trump with Kasich as VP might be the best outcome, out of many possible appalling outcomes.

It's certainly the most interesting US election I can remember.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:05 pm

Well, Obama isn't actually Black, is he, although his wife appears to be. So what a half arsed culmination that was.

I no longer know if I am Racist. I certainly wasn't thirty years ago. But I have my doubts about me now.

You know so much more about the other candidates than I even want to know, basically because you have tried so much harder than I have. But, as ever, religious bigotry scares me witless.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:13 pm

Agree, Sabot, his supposed religious beliefs make Cruz terrifying. I say 'supposed', because if he has indeed been shagging anything female with a pulse, he's a total fraud.

I feel internal US policy is mainly a matter for American voters, I tend to judge them by who is most likely to start wars elsewhere in the world.

And both Sanders and Trump are both semi-isolationist, and Trump wants to mend fences with Russia and work with them, especially against terrorism. Personally, I don't feel in the least bit scared of Russia, but these Middle Eastern maniacs Obama's regime-changing let loose are a danger to everyone on the planet.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:44 pm

bb1 wrote:Agree, Sabot, his supposed religious beliefs make Cruz terrifying. I say 'supposed', because if he has indeed been shagging anything female with a pulse, he's a total fraud.

I feel internal US policy is mainly a matter for American voters, I tend to judge them by who is most likely to start wars elsewhere in the world.

And both Sanders and Trump are both semi-isolationist, and Trump wants to mend fences with Russia and work with them, especially against terrorism. Personally, I don't feel in the least bit scared of Russia, but these Middle Eastern maniacs Obama's regime-changing let loose are a danger to everyone on the planet.

I don't think I have ever been seriously scared of Russia. Except for one brief moment many years ago when my children were small and their father was away at sea for two years. The Navy wasn't known for protecting wives and chattels.

Common sense told me that Russia didn't want Nuclear Devastation anymore than I did. But that was in the days when Russia still had control of it's Satellite States. Wherein this current religious bigotry all began. Not that I am blaming either side because I don't know who started it. Personally, I wouldn't have put it past The Christians.

What America chooses to do will affect us all ultimately. But bigotry from anyone is bloody bad news.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:19 pm

Personally, I am so pleased to see just how scared he is making the establishment. biggrin
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:53 pm

http://www.wsj.com/articles/let-me-ask-america-a-question-1460675882

Let Me Ask America a Question
How has the ‘system’ been working out for you and your family? No wonder voters demand change.

By DONALD J. TRUMP
April 14, 2016 7:18 p.m. ET

Trump's op-ed for the WSJ is actually rather an awesome piece of writing.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:55 pm

It is fabulous, Bonny. Thank you for posting it.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:56 pm

US elections - Round Two - Page 31 CgHNxyAW8AImwNP

I get the impression that some of the GOP grandees are starting to accept the inevitable, and move behind Trump. I don't see how they could have stayed with Cruz anyway, as there are likely to be bimbo eruptions ahead which will make Bill Clinton look like a saint.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:30 pm

The public are apparently coming to accept that there are peculiar goings on in the GOP - as reported by the media! It is very interesting to watch on TV. biggrin

That is a side effect of being self-funding in a campaign. They are now asking the Donald if he will run as an independent!!
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:44 pm

US elections - Round Two - Page 31 CgKJmFvXEAQwbEV

I suspect Cruz is going to regret his 'victories' involving these strange closed meetings where voters can't actually vote....it absolutely stinks.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:33 pm

US elections - Round Two - Page 31 Trump-banner-4-new-york

The Big One tomorrow, then.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:48 pm

bb1 wrote:US elections - Round Two - Page 31 CgKJmFvXEAQwbEV

I suspect Cruz is going to regret his 'victories' involving these strange closed meetings where voters can't actually vote....it absolutely stinks.

It only goes to show that Cruz is every bit as corrupt as the rest of them. Wink
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:59 pm

I'm just an observer, but to me, stunts like that don't help Cruz one bit - or American politics.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:56 am

US elections - Round Two - Page 31 191

It will be truly delicious if Hillary loses New York.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:08 pm

I know, Bonny. Sadly the pundits predict she will win.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:02 am

US elections - Round Two - Page 31 20p1lcf

Cruz was absolutely FLATTENED. yaydance
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums