JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Scottish Independence: Referendum Deal Signed EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Scottish Independence: Referendum Deal Signed EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Scottish Independence: Referendum Deal Signed EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Scottish Independence: Referendum Deal Signed EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Scottish Independence: Referendum Deal Signed EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Scottish Independence: Referendum Deal Signed EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Scottish Independence: Referendum Deal Signed EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Scottish Independence: Referendum Deal Signed EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Scottish Independence: Referendum Deal Signed EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Scottish Independence: Referendum Deal Signed

2 posters

Go down

Scottish Independence: Referendum Deal Signed Empty Scottish Independence: Referendum Deal Signed

Post  bb1 Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:28 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/997660/scottish-independence-referendum-deal-signed

Scottish Independence: Referendum Deal Signed

David Cameron and Alex Salmond sign an agreement allowing Scotland to hold an historic vote on its independence in 2014

David Cameron has signed a deal with Scotland's First Minister, giving him the power to hold a referendum on independence.

The Prime Minister and Alex Salmond met at the Scottish Government's headquarters to sign what has been called "The Edinburgh Agreement".

It declares that the UK and Scottish governments will "work together to ensure that a referendum on Scottish independence can take place".

The referendum will "deliver a fair test and a decisive expression of the views of people in Scotland", it adds, making clear that the result will be respected by all sides.

The agreement is the launchpad for a two-year campaign between Mr Salmond's Scottish National Party and the Tories, Labour and Lib Dems, who all oppose independence.

The referendum, in the autumn of 2014, is also likely to make history by being the first poll in the UK in which 16 and 17-year-olds will be able to vote.

After signing the deal, Mr Cameron said: "I always wanted to show respect to the people of Scotland.

"They voted for a party that wanted to have a referendum. I've made that referendum possible and made sure it's decisive, it's legal and it's fair, and I think that's right for the people of Scotland.

"Now we've dealt with the process, now we should get on with the real argument, and I passionately believe Scotland will be better off with the United Kingdom but also crucially the United Kingdom will be better off with Scotland."

Mr Salmond said: "It paves the way for the most important decision our country of Scotland has made in several hundred years. It is, in that sense, an historic day for Scotland and a major step forward in Scotland's home rule journey."

He added: "Do I believe that independence will win this campaign? Yes, I do. I believe we'll win it by setting out a positive vision for a better future for our country economically and also, crucially, socially."

In a victory for Mr Cameron and Scottish Secretary Michael Moore, the ballot is likely to be limited to a single Yes/No option.

Proposals for a second question on further devolution short of independence were vehemently opposed by the British Government.

However, the proposal to open the referendum to 16 and 17-year-olds, supported by the Nationalists, is seen as a victory for Mr Salmond and a climb down by the Westminster Government.

The most recent poll on independence suggests support for leaving the UK has dropped. A survey of 995 adults, published last week, showed support for the union at 53%, compared to support for independence at 28%.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Scottish Independence: Referendum Deal Signed Empty Re: Scottish Independence: Referendum Deal Signed

Post  bb1 Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:32 pm

Cameron shouldn't be allowed out without a minder. Not only did he manage to get himself photographed in front of a map showing how few Tories, and how many SNP, there are in Scotland:

Scottish Independence: Referendum Deal Signed Scotland2-1-522x293

He managed to get himself photographed looking as if he was delighted to hand Scotland over to Alex Salmond:

Scottish Independence: Referendum Deal Signed Article-2217930-1583620F000005DC-83_634x553

Why did David Cameron hand Alex Salmond such a publicity opportunity? PM signs deal that some Scottish 16-year-olds may even think ENDORSES independence

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2217930/Why-did-David-Cameron-hand-Alex-Salmond-publicity-opportunity-PM-signs-deal-Scottish-16-year-olds-think-ENDORSES-independence.html#ixzz29PhpsnPl
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Scottish Independence: Referendum Deal Signed Empty Re: Scottish Independence: Referendum Deal Signed

Post  bb1 Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:38 pm

Scottish Independence: Referendum Deal Signed Article-2217930-158341FC000005DC-677_634x408

David Cameron today appealed to workers at Rosyth Dock Yard in Fife to vote to keep the Union together ahead of meeting with Scotland's First Minister Alex Salmond

So, where are they all? rofl rofl rofl rofl
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  greenink211 Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:48 pm

Sensible workers won't go near him. They understand what HAZARD tape means and in that photo he is completely surrounded by it.

Do you think the journalists, photographers and editors are simply making fun of him with that map and this photo of him giving a speech to nobody while surrounded by that tape? I do.
greenink211
greenink211
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:54 pm

He looks absolutely ridiculous, Greenink. I thought PMs had staff to prevent them getting snapped looking silly. He really should have learned after his previous attempts to communicate with Scots workers...

Scottish Independence: Referendum Deal Signed Prime+Minister+David+Cameron+tries+some+porridge+during+a+visit+to+the+Quaker+Oats+site+at+Cupar+in+Scotland
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  greenink211 Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:59 pm

I heard recently that the "Tory" press won't speak directly to Cameron any more, not even being willing to take phone calls from him. This looks to me like an early move to have him removed from office before 2015 or at least to make him look less attractive as leader.
greenink211
greenink211
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:07 pm

He hasn't even got the personality to get away with being an idiot. I should think Wee Eck is having an extra dram tonight, if he can stop laughing long enough.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  greenink211 Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:09 pm

bb1 wrote:He hasn't even got the personality to get away with being an idiot. I should think Wee Eck is having an extra dram tonight, if he can stop laughing long enough.

And Boris and Gove and a few others are sniggering in the bars around Westminster too (probably in the company of the very editors who won't speak to Cameron).

greenink211
greenink211
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down