JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
JUDGEMENT DAY FOR BENNETT  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
JUDGEMENT DAY FOR BENNETT  - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
JUDGEMENT DAY FOR BENNETT  - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
JUDGEMENT DAY FOR BENNETT  - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
JUDGEMENT DAY FOR BENNETT  - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
JUDGEMENT DAY FOR BENNETT  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
JUDGEMENT DAY FOR BENNETT  - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
JUDGEMENT DAY FOR BENNETT  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
JUDGEMENT DAY FOR BENNETT  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

JUDGEMENT DAY FOR BENNETT

+3
greenink211
lily
bb1
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

JUDGEMENT DAY FOR BENNETT  - Page 2 Empty Re: JUDGEMENT DAY FOR BENNETT

Post  Jean-Pierre.t50 Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:09 pm

Quote from Tony Bennett - 11th October 2012 - "At one point in the proceedings, and I quote, Mr Justice Tugendhat said: "Suppose it's established that the Claimants had lied about what happened? "

His supporters were cock a hoop.

Oh dear.

Jean-Pierre.t50
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:16 pm

lily wrote:Oh, he must know that the Judge knows what he's done? Pcorneater

I expect that's why he's not going. He can't face The Judge after what he had just been caught out doing.
What a Pillock.

Actually, I think it is quite serious because it is making a mockery of the whole process.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:17 pm

As it was someone from Carter Ruck, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the actual words were more like:

The business with the judge established that the defendant keeps lying.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:18 pm

Yes bb1, I agree with you.

Last edited by Pedro Silva on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:22 pm

I agree with this: "He can't face The Judge after what he had just been caught out doing. What a Pillock."
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:10 pm

More news from Norden and the Ashworth valley
RochdaleEye Today at 11:00 pm

Bennett is fooling no-one but himself.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:23 pm

My my...thats there own barrister who has doubts about their clients truthfulness

No, that is a barrister who KNOWS their clients are telling the truth. A barrister who KNOWS his clients did not harm their child.

Why else would he be happy to bring in dog experts, etc? The McCanns have nothing to hide, and it is way past time the forkers and hounders grasped that.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Jean-Pierre.t50 Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:53 am

Ah bless. TB does not want his supporters to be disappionted.

So it seems that following his revelation that Tugendhut did not actually say "Suppose it's established that the claimants had lied about what happened?", he seems to have decided that the words should be attributed to the Judge, rather than the others sides barrister. I can see tears before bedtime today.

And he seems to be trying to invoke the "unfair contract terms act". And whining about it being for life. NO Tony - sorry - it is NOT a contract. Wrong law.

In terms of effect is more like a restraining order or an injunction. But it is an UNDERTAKING freely entered into to prevent a greater proble - being on the worong end of an action for defamation. And entered into following consultation with a firm of lawyers in Liverpool. Oh dear.

Re: McCanns v Bennett: JUDGMENT tomorrow (24 October)
Tony Bennett Today at 12:17 am

.T4two wrote:
Tony Bennet snip... 'Mr
Bennett made a solemn and binding undertaking not to say certain
things, for ever, equivalent to him voluntarily signing a contract. He
cannot therefore get out of that contract so long as he lives’.

Unless that contract had been concluded with the express purpose of concealing a felony - which would render it null and void?

REPLY: Yes, but that's not something I can prove.

Hence IMO the significance of the question, "Suppose it's established that the claimants had lied about what happened?"

REPLY: Yes. I think, with all due respect to Mr Justice Tugendhat, and in the hope that I am not misrepresenting him, that he was simply exploring aloud under precisely what circumstances, if any, any or all of my 16 undertakings could be undone. As I think his judgment will suggest, this can really only be done if the McCanns state, within the libel proceedings, what are my words that they claim are defamatory. Once they have done that, I can then submit a defence - and as I've said a number of times before, I think my publications are covered by what was the defence of 'fair comment' and is now the defence of 'honest comment'

Jean-Pierre.t50
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:04 am

In terms of effect is more like a restraining order or an injunction. But it is an UNDERTAKING freely entered into to prevent a greater proble - being on the worong end of an action for defamation. And entered into following consultation with a firm of lawyers in Liverpool. Oh dear.

Apologies, J-P, it is like an injunction and not a contract as it is in effect a promise to do something.

As I think his judgment will suggest, this can really only be done if the McCanns state, within the libel proceedings, what are my words that they claim are defamatory. Once they have done that, I can then submit a defence - and as I've said a number of times before, I think my publications are covered by what was the defence of 'fair comment' and is now the defence of 'honest comment'

Would he have a chance of claiming that, in your opinion, J-P?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Jean-Pierre.t50 Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:44 am

I get your point Lily - but of course an injunction is something imposed on someone.

And yes, but only if he can prove some basis in fact for his assertions.

One area where he is correct is that CR should not produce paperwork very close to a hearing date - they must allow sufficient time for him to read, absorb and answer. To send a bundle 48 hours before is an unaccepatable tactic, especially when dealing with a litigant in person.

Jean-Pierre.t50
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:07 am

And yes, but only if he can prove some basis in fact for his assertions.

........and therein lies the problem. Gonc's book and the dodgy translated files won't cut it.

ETA: I would agree with you on the tardiness of sending him those documents.

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Jean-Pierre.t50 Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:34 am

He is also complaining that the undertaking in effect bars him from libelling the McCanns for life. "He
cannot therefore get out of that contract so long as he lives’.

Amazing. All that the undertaking does is to enforce his undertanding that it is against the law (as well as the ECHR) to defame someone. Does he think that somehow the law does not apply to him, and that he should be allowed to resume his libel after a reasonable period of time has elasped?

I am usually quite good at seeing both sides of an argument - but in this case I am failing miserably to see where TB is going with this.

Jean-Pierre.t50
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:39 am

J-P, I have long since thought that he regards himself as somehow speshul. So, yes, above the law.

Maybe it is just a symptom of an illness but, as I am not a psychiatrist, I cannot say with certainty.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:41 am

I did think when I first read which undertakings he wanted lifted, that his only intention would be to carry on Libelling in those areas. But I can't remember which ones they were now.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:12 am

Karen Pinto ‏@KSLPinto
@SkyCharlotte - is there ANY chance ANY journo is covering the Mccann/Bennett High Court ruling today????#mccann

How sad they all are, with their ignorance of the world!

There's no pressing need for journos to go to court; the verdict will be posted on the internet in due course.

Anyway, it's only Bennett.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:18 am

To send a bundle 48 hours before is an unaccepatable tactic, especially when dealing with a litigant in person.

We've only got Bennett's word for that; he might have 'misremembered' days as hours....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:44 am

Dr David Payne ™️ ‏@DodgyDrPayne
Luckily Tony Bennett has a copy of the entire #mccann case police files and expert witnesses can help iron out any misunderstandings

No, he has the Dodgy Translations with Key Sections Missing, files.

Loonies like Kiki, and half-wits chanting, Dogs don't lie, don't count as experts on anything except bullsh*t.

They're as deluded as they are pretentious rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:51 am

They just don't have a clue....damned fools!

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:53 am

They're very entertaining when they're like this, Tony. Oh, here's another good one:

Re: McCanns v Bennett: JUDGMENT today (24 October) VIDEO added 'Good Luck Tony!'
RochdaleEye

Good luck Mr Bennett from your friends up in Rochdale.

Wonder why Bennett is sending Good Luck messages to himself? Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:55 am

They don't think Martin Grime is going to turn up in Court, do they? Bennett can't afford him for a start, and he certainly wouldn't be saying Madeleine died in that appartment. And it's no good quoting his Statements because he says that the dog alerts mean nothing without Forensic. OF WHICH THERE WERE NONE.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:00 am

bb1 wrote:They're very entertaining when they're like this, Tony. Oh, here's another good one:

Re: McCanns v Bennett: JUDGMENT today (24 October) VIDEO added 'Good Luck Tony!'
RochdaleEye

Good luck Mr Bennett from your friends up in Rochdale.

Wonder why Bennett is sending Good Luck messages to himself? Pcorneater

Oh he has made stupid posts as RochdaleEye, pretending that he's driving around and looking at Mr Smethurst, even talking to him. Is that meant to worry the McCanns? Pcorneater
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:11 pm

Last night, Bennett sez:

I have seen the judge's draft judgment anyway, a few days ago. I have made my comments. I have seen Carter-Ruck's comments on the draft judgment, and have submitted my responses. So there's really nothing for me to do.

So, he knows the way the wind is blowing. His decision not to go to court today does rather suggest he knows he has lost.

Because if there had been the slightest chance of him winning, nothing would have stopped him being in court so he could rush to give a 'verbatim report' of his victory to the hounders.

He would have been frantically issuing press releases about his triumph the instant he got near a keyboard. So, why isn't he in court today?

Also, he seems to have forgotten to mention what Judge Tugendhat had to say about his image being stuck on not-Bennett's banner, and words he did not utter put in his mouth.

Judges can be a bit annoyed by that sort of thing; it certainly would not have given the judge a good impression of Bennett.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:18 pm

One wonders why Bennett keeps on drawing attention to his stupidity. Could it be because he has always known that he was going to lose?
Although he could have saved himself such a lot of money if he had just STFU. Unless Mummy is funding him. Presuming she has the mental capacity to decide. Which she might have for all I know.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Jean-Pierre.t50 Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:41 pm

If one were of a suspicious mind, one might be forgiven for thinking that Bennett's sudden miraculous recall that a couple of statements that he had originally gleefully attributed to the Judge were in fact uttered by Dean, was curiously timed. In fact a very suspicious person might be led to think that Bennett was prompted in some way by the recent correspondence between the court, and CR and his good self.

But one must put these thoughts out of ones mind. Surely not. Perish the thought........

Jean-Pierre.t50
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2