JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
IT IS TIME TO PUT TWITTER IN THE DOCK - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
IT IS TIME TO PUT TWITTER IN THE DOCK - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
IT IS TIME TO PUT TWITTER IN THE DOCK - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
IT IS TIME TO PUT TWITTER IN THE DOCK - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
IT IS TIME TO PUT TWITTER IN THE DOCK - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
IT IS TIME TO PUT TWITTER IN THE DOCK - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
IT IS TIME TO PUT TWITTER IN THE DOCK - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
IT IS TIME TO PUT TWITTER IN THE DOCK - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
IT IS TIME TO PUT TWITTER IN THE DOCK - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

IT IS TIME TO PUT TWITTER IN THE DOCK

+4
Sabot
lily
muratfan
bb1
8 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

IT IS TIME TO PUT TWITTER IN THE DOCK - Page 2 Empty Re: IT IS TIME TO PUT TWITTER IN THE DOCK

Post  lily Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:44 pm

I think Mr. Murdoch would feel insulted, LL. Couldn't he use something else? Like his useless leaflets?

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

IT IS TIME TO PUT TWITTER IN THE DOCK - Page 2 Empty Re: IT IS TIME TO PUT TWITTER IN THE DOCK

Post  Lamplighter Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:56 pm

lily wrote:I think Mr. Murdoch would feel insulted, LL. Couldn't he use something else? Like his useless leaflets?

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
If this could insult murdock then that's the first positive thing shopping trolley man has done in his disastrous life! But will the ink come off his leaflets when they get damp? bottomsup LL Hahau Hahau
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:01 pm

IT IS TIME TO PUT TWITTER IN THE DOCK - Page 2 Telegraph-1-329x437
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Max Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:53 pm

bb1 wrote:IT IS TIME TO PUT TWITTER IN THE DOCK - Page 2 Telegraph-1-329x437

Peer to sue tweeters who linked him to sex abuse as BBC pays £185,000 damages

Lord McAlpine has promised to end “trial by Twitter” by announcing an unprecedented series of libel actions against people who used the website to link him wrongly to child abuse allegations.

By Steven Swinford and Gordon Rayner10:00PM GMT 15 Nov 2012

The former Conservative Party treasurer said yesterday that he had been “terrified” when he became “a figure of public hatred” because of people naming him as the subject of a Newsnight report wrongly claiming a senior Tory was a paedophile.
Sally Bercow, the wife of the Speaker of the Commons, and George Monbiot, a columnist for the Guardian are among those who will be pursued by Lord McAlpine for using the microblogging site to tweet his name after the Newsnight programme was broadcast.
Lord McAlpine’s solicitor, Andrew Reid, said the “nasty” tweets would “cost people a lot of money”, warning the guilty parties: “We know who you are.”
He added: “Twitter is not just a closed coffee shop among friends. It goes out to hundreds of thousands of people and you must take responsibility for it.
“It is not a place where you can gossip and say things with impunity, and we are about to demonstrate that.”

Lord McAlpine’s lawyers have hired a team of experts to collate the offending Twitter messages, including those that have been deleted, as well as so-called “re-tweets” in which one user republishes a message posted by someone else.
The action was described as “unprecedented” by Lord Woolf, the former lord chief justice, who added that there was no reason Twitter users should be treated differently from newspapers that published defamatory comments.

In his first interview since Newsnight’s infamous broadcast of Nov 2, Lord McAlpine told the BBC that he had been “shattered” when his name was “spread all over the world” by users of Twitter and other internet sites.
He said: “Suddenly to find yourself a figure of public hatred — unjustifiably — is terrifying.”
The 70-year-old, who has heart trouble, said the settlements he was seeking from Twitter users would be “a warning: don’t go there”.
Sources close to Lord McAlpine told The Daily Telegraph that about a dozen Twitter users were likely to be targeted. They include Iain Overton, the former editor of the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, who sent out a tweet before the Newsnight investigation, suggesting a senior Tory would be exposed as a paedophile that night.
Although he did not name anyone, his tweet helped to create an online frenzy in which Lord McAlpine’s name was widely circulated even before the programme was broadcast.
The allegations were later withdrawn after the former care home resident who made them, Steve Messham, admitted he had made a mistake.
Mr Reid, Lord McAlpine’s solicitor, told BBC Radio 4's The World at One: “We have been inundated by the public who have wanted us to deal with this problem of Twitter. We have been watching people who have been taking down what they put on Twitter. What they don’t seem to understand is that once it’s there you can’t take it down. And, what’s more, we already have all the information. We have managed to find a couple of firms of experts who have managed to produce the pre-tweets, the post tweets, the effect of the tweets and the re-tweets. What starts at one ends up as 100,000 or more in some cases.
“Let it be a lesson to everybody that trial by Twitter or trial by the internet is a very nasty way of hurting people unnecessarily and it will cost people a lot of money.”
Appealing to those who had tweeted Lord McAlpine’s name to come forward, he added: “Some of them are well known. I would say Mrs Bercow would be one. She hasn’t been in touch.”
Mrs Bercow, who has 57,000 Twitter followers, tweeted after the broadcast: “Why is Lord McAlpine trending? *innocent face*.” Yesterday she wrote: “I guess I’d better get some legal advice then. Still maintain was not a libellous tweet — just foolish.” Mr Monbiot, who has 55,000 followers, has apologised twice for tweeting Lord McAlpine’s name.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/9681881/Peer-to-sue-tweeters-who-linked-him-to-sex-abuse-as-BBC-pays-185000-damages.html

Max
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:27 am

Lord McAlpine’s solicitor, Andrew Reid, said the “nasty” tweets would “cost people a lot of money”, warning the guilty parties: “We know who you are.”
He added: “Twitter is not just a closed coffee shop among friends. It goes out to hundreds of thousands of people and you must take responsibility for it.
“It is not a place where you can gossip and say things with impunity, and we are about to demonstrate that.”

Sounds like men on a mission? Pcorneater

In case it is not sinking in with someone who defamed a man on Twitter....

Peer's revenge over Twitter slurs: McAlpine will sue internet gossips as BBC pays him £185,000 damages following Newsnight report

Tory peer 'terrified' by BBC's false implication that he abused children

Terms of the agreement will be announced in court in a few days' time
And lawyers will sue ANYONE who named him on Twitter

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2233240/Peers-revenge-Twitter-slurs-McAlpine-sue-internet-gossips-BBC-pays-185-000-damages-following-Newsnight-report.html#ixzz2CMtTY9xa
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:36 am

I think the reason why he has settled for £185,000 is to make a serious point. He doesn't need the money, so I think he's been very reasonable in not demanding £millions. He will get what is, I think, most important to him, acceptance that he was traduced, that his reputation was shafted and also given a strong signal to others who may try the same game that his is not a lone case; others will look to the courts when they are unjustly accused and vilified online. I salute him for what he has done. LL thumbsup
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:11 am

Rothley Pillowcase ™ ‏@RothleyPillow
@smessham Myself & a LOTTA people support you More people will come forward because of you The UK Establishment is s***ting it now #mccann

Just what he needs, support from that foul-mouthed lunatic.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:25 am

My my! Bennett appears to have deleted that tweet! Worried about something, is he?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:35 am

He needn't worry. They made it crystal clear that when people did that, it was too late. They already had the information. Pcorneater
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:37 am

bb1 wrote:My my! Bennett appears to have deleted that tweet! Worried about something, is he?
Worry not, I have the original biggrin

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:38 am

Hasn't he got to contact them and make an offer? I wonder how much that bit of libel is worth?
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:45 am

crazytony wrote:
bb1 wrote:My my! Bennett appears to have deleted that tweet! Worried about something, is he?
Worry not, I have the original biggrin

Me too! biggrin
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:06 pm

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:13 am

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/uk_news/People/article1165363.ece

Top comic faces Twitter revenge of McAlpine

Robin Henry and David Leppard Published: 18 November 2012
Comment (35) Print
Alan Davies: he could be sued (Tony Briggs)
THE former Jonathan Creek star Alan Davies is among thousands of Twitter users who could be sued by Lord McAlpine after mentioning false child abuse allegations about the Tory peer on the social networking site.

Lawyers said the McAlpine case could potentially involve the largest number of defendants in British legal history. Davies, who appears on the BBC2 panel show QI, asked his 440,000 followers on Twitter “Any clues as to who this Tory paedophile is . . . ?” before retweeting a response naming McAlpine.

His comments were made amid intense speculation about the identity of a senior Conservative wrongly accused of child abuse on BBC2’s Newsnight programme. Davies last night declined to comment. Lawyers for McAlpine, 70, have announced legal action for libel against a “very long list” of those who repeated the false claims using Twitter

-----------

Serves Davies right - I hadn't seen that one, but it is, IMO, one of the worst. And the rest of the piece is behind a paywall, but it fades out with a line about 'retweets', etc.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  muratfan Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:40 pm

among thousands of Twitter users who could be sued by Lord McAlpine

Ahem
muratfan
muratfan
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:13 pm

Wonder when Bennett's going to own up to His Lordship's lawyers?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:14 pm

I doubt that Bennett is man enough to do that. Pcorneater
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:14 pm

Must be terrible to be so eaten up with resentment of successful people.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:42 pm

IT IS TIME TO PUT TWITTER IN THE DOCK - Page 2 Mirrorfront2-1-329x437
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:21 am

I wonder how many of those are hounders? Pcorneater
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:40 am

Daily Mirror

Tweet revenge: Tory to sue 10,000 Twitter users who branded him a paedo
19 Nov 2012 00:00

Pay up, twits: Lord McAlpine will also go after celebrities for untrue pervert accusations

IT IS TIME TO PUT TWITTER IN THE DOCK - Page 2 Lord+McAlpine

Celebrity Twitter users were last night bracing themselves for a barrage of lawsuits from Lord McAlpine after he was wrongly accused on the social network site of being a child molester.

The Tory grandee is expected to sue at least 10,000 people over the malicious claims that appeared in the wake of a BBC Newsnight investigation into a paedophile ring at care homes in North Wales.

And he could hit high-profile tweeters such as Speaker’s wife Sally Bercow and comedian Alan Davies who both mentioned the peer on their accounts. The sensational move could involve the largest number of defendants in British legal history.

IT IS TIME TO PUT TWITTER IN THE DOCK - Page 2 Sally+Bercow+Twitter+avatar

IT IS TIME TO PUT TWITTER IN THE DOCK - Page 2 Alan+Davies

Former Tory Party treasurer Lord McAlpine has hired a team of experts who have collated a “very long list” of people and their offending messages, even those that have been deleted. More than 1,000 original tweets and 9,000 retweets have already been identified.

His solicitor Andrew Reid said: “We have been watching people who have been taking down what they put on Twitter.

“We already have all the information. We have found a couple of firms of experts who have produced pretweets, post-tweets, the effect of the tweets and the retweets. What starts at one ends up as 100,000 in some cases.

“Twitter is not just a closed coffee shop among friends. It goes out to hundreds of thousands of people and you must take responsibility for it. It is not a place where you can gossip and say things with impunity, and we are about to demonstrate that.”

Around 40 people have approached Lord McAlpine’s legal team to apologise and have paid a nominal fee in damages, believed to be £5. Lawyers are thought to want the small amount for most of the cases with the cash going to a children’s charity.

Twitter became the hub of fevered ­speculation before the Newsnight programme was screened. Reporter Iain Overton sparked the frenzy by tweeting a senior Tory would be exposed as a paedophile that night.

The programme did not name Lord McAlpine. It later emerged that he was the victim of mistaken identity and innocent of the claims. He said the episode left him “shattered”.

QI star Davies asked his 440,000 followers on November 3 “Any clues as to who this Tory paedophile is.... ?” before retweeting a response naming Lord McAlpine. John Bercow’s wife apologised for her part in falsely ­identifying the peer as a paedophile but said her actions were not libellous. She tweeted: “Had letter from Lord McA. His lawyers ambulance chasers tbh #bigbullies. My tweet not libellous but I don’t have money to contest a ­multi-millionaire. Lord McA falsely accused but not by me. I never said Lord McAlpine p­aedophile.”

Her lawyers contacted his legal team on Friday but the meeting was not productive and she has been given one last chance to settle. A source said: “They tried to say she didn’t really mean any harm. We’ve sent them a letter before action.” The BBC has apologised to Lord McAlpine and paid him £185,000 damages plus costs. Twitter itself can avoid being sued under the “innocent dissemination” defence, media law expert David Banks said last night.

He added: “As it cannot know the content of every message, it cannot be held liable for the sharing of potentially libellous comments.”

- Rrussell Brand, 37, yesterday said the Jimmy Savile case meant he and Jonathan Ross were no longer “the BBC’s biggest ­embarrassment” over their lewd 2008 Radio Two prank call to actor Andrew Sachs. He made the comment in a happy birthday tweet to Wossy that ended: “#howsaboutthatthen?”
Rose
Rose
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:44 am

Wonder when Bennett will get his letter? Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:24 pm

Look who's grovelling:

MOM OF TWO ‏@GILLYSPOT
Dear Lord McAlpine I am very sorry for my unkind tweets regarding you. It was very wrong of me to do this & I hope you accept my apology

I'll bet she does rofl rofl rofl rofl
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:37 pm

bb1 wrote:Look who's grovelling:

MOM OF TWO ‏@GILLYSPOT
Dear Lord McAlpine I am very sorry for my unkind tweets regarding you. It was very wrong of me to do this & I hope you accept my apology

I'll bet she does rofl rofl rofl rofl

Too late. How much is she going to have to pay?
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:42 pm

He seems to be being very reasonable with those who own up, Sabot - an apology and modest donation to charity appears to be acceptable, though gillytroll seems to have missed that bit.

Some culprits are deluding themselves that it is difficult to track down who said what on twitter - no, it isn't, it's the work of minutes, seconds even, with appropriate software.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next