JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
PRESS  VICTIMS PETITION FOR NEW LAW EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
PRESS  VICTIMS PETITION FOR NEW LAW EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
PRESS  VICTIMS PETITION FOR NEW LAW EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
PRESS  VICTIMS PETITION FOR NEW LAW EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
PRESS  VICTIMS PETITION FOR NEW LAW EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
PRESS  VICTIMS PETITION FOR NEW LAW EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
PRESS  VICTIMS PETITION FOR NEW LAW EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
PRESS  VICTIMS PETITION FOR NEW LAW EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
PRESS  VICTIMS PETITION FOR NEW LAW EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

PRESS VICTIMS PETITION FOR NEW LAW

+4
Maggs
Pedro Silva
Sabot
bb1
8 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

PRESS  VICTIMS PETITION FOR NEW LAW Empty PRESS VICTIMS PETITION FOR NEW LAW

Post  bb1 Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:02 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1018659/leveson-victims-petition-for-new-press-law

Leveson: Victims Petition For New Press Law

Victims of intrusion say they are angered by the Prime Minister's failure to fully back the Leveson report.

The victims of phone hacking and press intrusion have launched an e-petition calling for all of Lord Justice Leveson's proposals for regulating the press to be implemented.

Actor Hugh Grant, Gerry McCann, father of missing Madeleine McCann, and Chris Jeffries, a retired school teacher who won damages from eight newspapers who had linked him with the murder of Joanna Yates in Bristol in December 2010, kicked off the Hacked Off campaign.

Speaking on Sky's Boulton and Co just minutes earlier, Mr Jeffries said he was angered that the Prime Minister had rejected the idea of new legislation to regulate newspapers.

"I think David Cameron's fears are entirely unreal and entirely unjustified," he said, adding that a new body backed by law was essential in order to give it "credibility and durability".

PRESS  VICTIMS PETITION FOR NEW LAW Hugh-grant-gerry-mccann-chr-1-522x293

Hugh Grant, Gerry McCann and Chris Jeffries in Westminster this afternoon

Earlier, Culture Secretary Maria Miller insisted the "principles" of Lord Justice Leveson's recommendations to reform the press could be met without statutory backing.

She dismissed the question of new press laws - which has put David Cameron on a collision course with his coalition partners, the opposition and victims of press intrusion after indicating he will spike recommendations for a new independent regulatory body, backed by legislation.

Ms Miller said the Coalition was drafting new legislation to prove why the Prime Minister has "grave misgivings" about the idea and how it could curb "freedom of speech".

Echoing Mr Cameron's concerns, she told Sky News: "I feel very strongly you should have grave concerns about putting in place a piece of legislation which could have the effect in the long term of really bringing into question the ability to maintain freedom of speech in this country.

"But also on a practical level, we don't think it is necessary to have that statutory underpinning to achieve the objectives which we all agree on, which is to have strong, tough, independent self-regulation which is something that we need in this country to address the problems we have experienced in recent years."

Trevor Kavanagh, associate editor of The Sun, also warned such a move would be "the first step down the road to state intervention in the operation of newspapers".

"I think what the Prime Minister is doing is trying to safeguard freedom of the press. It is a hard won, hard fought for right and a freedom which dates back 300 years," he told Sky News.

"I think where we agree with Lord Justice Leveson is that the abuses and the practices in the past simply cannot continue. We accept virtually everything that he has recommended in terms of putting our house in order, short of making it a law of the land. I think we as journalists would be making a grave mistake if we sacrificed freedom of the press in any way, shape or form."

But Gerry McCann, father of missing Madeleine McCann, said legal backing for any new system was the "minimum acceptable compromise for me and for many other victims" and urged Mr Cameron to "do the right thing".

"I clearly respect his opinion but I personally disagree with the viewpoint and Lord (Justice) Leveson, as a senior law judge of our country, has made clear that what he is proposing is not a state-run press.

"It is a fine distinction but without the statutory underpinning this system will not work," he told the BBC's Today programme.

On Thursday, Lord Justice Leveson condemned the "culture of reckless and outrageous journalism" that dominated sections of the press for decades as he unveiled the findings of his 16-month inquiry.

The Appeal Court judge called for a new watchdog with statutory underpinning to be given the power to require prominent apologies and impose fines of as much as £1m.

Mr Cameron immediately voiced "serious concerns and misgivings" about legislative action, and said the press should be given "a limited period of time" to show it could get its house in order.

But Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg said he believed Leveson's model could be "proportionate and workable" and insisted Parliament should push ahead "without delay".

Most of Friday's newspapers focused on Mr Cameron's opposition to the key recommendation.

The Guardian said he had "defied" press victims, while the Daily Mirror said he had "backed a free press".

The Times said the Prime Minister had "spiked" proposals for a press law, and the Financial Times said he now had a political fight on his hands.

Labour leader Ed Miliband said victims such as the McCanns and the parents of schoolgirl Milly Dowler would feel "utterly betrayed" by the Prime Minister.

He urged Tory MPs who support regulation backed by law to rebel in a Commons vote which he plans to force by the end of January and to approve Leveson's proposals in principle, with the aim of getting the new system in place by 2015.

The three party leaders held talks last night and the negotiations will reconvene "soon". But the prospect of the consensus Mr Cameron says he wants to achieve appeared distant as all three parties continued to look at the fine detail of the 2,400-page report.

Lord Justice Leveson's 16-month inquiry was prompted by the disclosure that News Of The World journalists hacked the phone of murdered schoolgirl Milly Dowler, and his verdict condemned the behaviour of elements within the newspaper industry.

Last edited by bb1 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:27 pm; edited 12 times in total
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

PRESS  VICTIMS PETITION FOR NEW LAW Empty Re: PRESS VICTIMS PETITION FOR NEW LAW

Post  bb1 Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:05 pm

As the McCann-haters are still using discredited newspaper stories as an excuse for their bile, few could doubt that there will, eventually, be some sort of legislation.

And it is nothing but bile, as the spite yesterday about Kate McCann's hair demonstrated.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

PRESS  VICTIMS PETITION FOR NEW LAW Empty Re: PRESS VICTIMS PETITION FOR NEW LAW

Post  Sabot Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:35 pm

I think we already knew that they would ignore Leveson if it didn't suit them, so they had nothing else to do but attack Kate personally.
Today they are having some trouble with Cameron saying what they want to hear while hating him for The Scotland Yard Review. A bit of a dilemma really.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:08 pm

Well done Hugh Grant, Gerry McCann and Chris Jeffries in Westminster this afternoon.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:20 pm

Let us not forget that the hounders and forkers said some truly disgusting things about Mr Jeffries when he was wrongly arrested. Not a scrap of anything resembling evidence, but following the lead of the tabloids, without once stopping to THINK, they decided he must be guilty because his hair stuck out and they didn't like his eyes.

Before that, they had decided Ms Yeates' bereft boyfriend must be guilty because they didn't like the shape of his mouth.

None of them are rational, civilised, adults, who can think for themselves - they fall for tabloid hype every single time.

Even today, they are STILL regurgitating the trash the tabloids printed in 2007/early 2008. Which speaks volumes about them.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggs Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:40 pm

bb1 wrote:Let us not forget that the hounders and forkers said some truly disgusting things about Mr Jeffries when he was wrongly arrested. Not a scrap of anything resembling evidence, but following the lead of the tabloids, without once stopping to THINK, they decided he must be guilty because his hair stuck out and they didn't like his eyes.

Before that, they had decided Ms Yeates' bereft boyfriend must be guilty because they didn't like the shape of his mouth.

None of them are rational, civilised, adults, who can think for themselves - they fall for tabloid hype every single time.

Even today, they are STILL regurgitating the trash the tabloids printed in 2007/early 2008. Which speaks volumes about them.

Help put a stop to the press bile.

Sign the petition

http://hackinginquiry.org/
Maggs
Maggs
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:54 pm

Just seen it, Maggs, it's doing pretty well already:

http://hackinginquiry.org/petition/

PRESS  VICTIMS PETITION FOR NEW LAW Petitionk
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:57 pm

bb1 wrote:Let us not forget that the hounders and forkers said some truly disgusting things about Mr Jeffries when he was wrongly arrested. Not a scrap of anything resembling evidence, but following the lead of the tabloids, without once stopping to THINK, they decided he must be guilty because his hair stuck out and they didn't like his eyes.

But aren't these exactly the people that The Press target? The rest of us have learned to spot the "Sources" and the "People Close To" without much difficulty these days, although this is no comfort because the stupid people in our society do most often believe what they read. Unless it is in favour of The McCanns, or anyone else they are abusing.
I can remember my Dad saying that you shouldn't believe everything you read in The Papers, and that must have been more than forty years ago.
I haven't bought a Newspaper for well over twenty years, and apart from The Telegraph that I have read and still do read on line if I want factual News, I have largely relied on The Mail which was a fairly good Tabloid. But it going down the pan now. And not just because it doesn't print my comments on anything important these days.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggs Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:02 pm

bb1 wrote:Just seen it, Maggs, it's doing pretty well already:

http://hackinginquiry.org/petition/

PRESS  VICTIMS PETITION FOR NEW LAW Petitionk

So it is Bonny, when I signed it at 16.38 pm. it was at 13106. Pcorneater
Maggs
Maggs
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:03 pm

Signed. 14,485. Bloody marvellous. Thanks, Maggs.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggs Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:04 pm

Sabot wrote:
Signed. 14,485. Bloody marvellous. Thanks, Maggs.

Cheers Sabot, and you are welcome hug
Maggs
Maggs
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:06 pm

But aren't these exactly the people that The Press target? The rest of us have learned to spot the "Sources" and the "People Close To" without much difficulty these days, although this is no comfort because the stupid people in our society do most often believe what they read.

Quite; look at the way the hounders think every word in the press is Gospel truth, and that Evil Clarrie tells the papers what to print.

Look at the way they never, ever see words like sources or alleged.

It's rather amusing to see the way they like to present themselves as sophisticated and cynical, when all the time, the only people who have swallowed the Big Lie - are them.

IMO, the hounders and forkers are a lost cause. They will go to their graves convinced that the tick is finally about to tock, and that the tide will turn tomorrow.

Anything rather than face the fact that they have wasted years of their lives being inexcusably vile and sick about the family of an abducted child.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:14 pm

macwulfiesuperpleb ‏@rclarke693
Gerry #McCann..do not presume to speak for the British public! YOU DO NOT SPEAK FOR ME AND, NEVER WILL!!
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

From the way that petition is gaining support, it's glaringly obvious that Gerry McCann is far more in tune with the mood of the British public than these ranting loons will ever be.

Look at it now:

Over a thousand sigs in about ten minutes. Eat your heart out, Alan Marc Lagoa rofl rofl rofl
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggs Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:28 pm

bb1 wrote:macwulfiesuperpleb ‏@rclarke693
Gerry #McCann..do not presume to speak for the British public! YOU DO NOT SPEAK FOR ME AND, NEVER WILL!!
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

From the way that petition is gaining support, it's glaringly obvious that Gerry McCann is far more in tune with the mood of the British public than these ranting loons will ever be.

Look at it now:

Over a thousand sigs in about ten minutes. Eat your heart out, Alan Marc Lagoa rofl rofl rofl

Poor old Lagoa, he only go about 200 votes in a fortnight rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
I bet he's gone green a few times since yesterday.

I do hope all these victims are getting paid for their press stories yaydance
Maggs
Maggs
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:33 pm

16,150, but that was 30 seconds ago.

What a God given gift today has been.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  muratfan Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:34 pm

I wonder what Bennett's own poll is at
muratfan
muratfan
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:35 pm

16,255. More than 100 in about a minute.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:43 pm

muratfan wrote:I wonder what Bennett's own poll is at

No sooner said than screengrabbed. Here it is as it currently stands:

PRESS  VICTIMS PETITION FOR NEW LAW Petitionb

biggrin
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:58 pm

Sign the Petition

Leveson has announced his recommendations. The victims of press abuses want them implemented. Let the Government know that you support the victims. Sign the petition now.

http://hackinginquiry.org/comment/

17194 signatures, the more the better.

I have also signed.

Also spread this Leveson petition to everyone you know, convince people to sign it, the more the better.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:13 pm

Just thought I would check on how Morais' We Love Gonc, petitions are doing. No doubt there are tens of thousands of sigs on them now, as they were started in November 2009.

Oh. The Portuguese one has:

1965 sigs.

The international one has:

839 sigs.

And one of those is Bren, who has come to her senses since then, so it's really only 838.

So much for 'everyone' supporting Gonc and Bennett.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:21 pm

20,587. And I promise not to look again until after midnight. French time, that is.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:35 pm

Good Lord, that's 20,000 in a matter of hours. Think it's pretty clear what the public think of the UK press, isn't it?

Interview with Gerry McCann here:

http://news.sky.com/story/1018659/leveson-mccann-urges-pm-to-remember-victims
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:55 pm

It's gone past 23,000 now. Astounding - who would have thought so many people were sick to death of the UK press?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:59 pm

Hounder demonstrates how out of touch they all are:

Re: Leveson Inquiry - report due TODAY 29.11.12 @ 1.30 pm
Woofer Today

Surely people would be wary of joining any campaign that has GM as a spokesperson.

Wrong, wrong and wrong again - they can't sign fast enough. The public are sick of what has been going on in the media, and aren't as gullible and nasty as the McCann-haters.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggs Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:00 pm

This backdown from Cameron, makes me feel he's worried about something, and doesn't want to upset his best pal pals in the press.

Perhaps she has more on him than we are told. He definately looks to be stabbing the victims in the back, to cover his own, maybe Comeonthen Comeonthen

Maggs
Maggs
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next