JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
GONC TRYING TO SETTLE WITH MCCANNS - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
GONC TRYING TO SETTLE WITH MCCANNS - Page 8 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
GONC TRYING TO SETTLE WITH MCCANNS - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
GONC TRYING TO SETTLE WITH MCCANNS - Page 8 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
GONC TRYING TO SETTLE WITH MCCANNS - Page 8 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
GONC TRYING TO SETTLE WITH MCCANNS - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
GONC TRYING TO SETTLE WITH MCCANNS - Page 8 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
GONC TRYING TO SETTLE WITH MCCANNS - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
GONC TRYING TO SETTLE WITH MCCANNS - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

GONC TRYING TO SETTLE WITH MCCANNS

+6
lily
crazytony
Sabot
greenink211
Maggs
bb1
10 posters

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

GONC TRYING TO SETTLE WITH MCCANNS - Page 8 Empty Re: GONC TRYING TO SETTLE WITH MCCANNS

Post  Sabot Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:04 pm

I think that they think that none of us understands proper English. The illiterate Forkers might be fooled by a use of words, but we aren't. So far, no one has come out and actually said that The McCanns approached Gonc for a settlement because they know it isn't true.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

GONC TRYING TO SETTLE WITH MCCANNS - Page 8 Empty Re: GONC TRYING TO SETTLE WITH MCCANNS

Post  lily Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:19 pm

I don't know how it is in Portugal, but in some other countries it is the defendant(s) who make the offers to settle.

Pcorneater
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:30 pm

In most cases it is the defendant who asks for a settlement, admits his/her errir and agrees to pay costs etc; I do not think any plaintiff, unless off their rocker at the time, would approach the defendant. If it were a 'family' case, then a mediator might well be used so all sides save face. But not in this case. The fat defective has caved in, has prostrated himself and begged for mercy. How much mercy after all they have gone through the McCanns will show depends on many imponderables; I doubt we will ever know the actual ins and outs of what has happened, save that he is shafted. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Jean-Pierre.t50 Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:44 pm

Agree LL. What have the plaintiffs to gain.

I would suggest that on the basis of their attitude towards Bennett, that they will be pragmatic.

With Bennett they have bent over backwards to be reasonable, and have finally moved to court action because he has insisted on provoking a confrontation. If you look at the terms of the contempt action it is minimum necessary to do the job (however much Bennett whines about "commital to prison").

With Amaral, I suspect they are open to reasonable offers from him to avoid the hassle and risk of court proceedings in Portugal - perhaps half a million Euros, costs and NSTFU.

But as ever, we shall see.

Jean-Pierre.t50
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:56 pm

A post on Myths jogged my memory - you recall all the nonsense we got about Gonc and Cabrita parting company, and the reason being Gonc was too poor to travel to Faro to meet him? Rolling Eyes

When the real reason was that Cabrita had suggested to Gonc that he should settle, and Gonc wouldn't listen? At which point Cabrita had had enough?

I can't even remember who Gonc's lawyers are now, but I would hazard a guess that they have told Gonc the very same thing, and this time, he has no choice but to listen.

Under all the shrieks and hysteria, both Morais and smiffy have made a huge, huge error in their reasoning - or rather, their lack of reasoning and logic. Wink
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:05 pm

Hi JP hope you are well! The problem with all the comments etc is that 99.999% of those making these ridiculous posts know sweet FA about the law, their knowledge probably doesn't go further than being given a parking ticket, and for most of them with their apparent limited reading powers they probably can't read past the first 'Whereas ....' The ones I find the most hilarious are the gloops who pretend they are of the legal fraternity, pontificate away and then sit back and watch the lemmings believe everything they have stated as gospel truth. One might despair, but one doesn't actually as they so obviously shoot themselves in both feet with their ridiculous mutterings and ravings. LL Hahau rofl
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:16 pm

I don't think Gonc's got 500,000, has he? Easier for The McCanns to settle for a bit less than what he has got than to fight him for more than he has.
And no silly Appeal to The Court of Human Rights, which could go on for years.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:21 pm

I would hazard a guess that the discussions are about the disposal of the frozen assets, Sabot - that's going to take a bit of disentangling.

His unfortunate brother had ALREADY been forced to have some of Gonc's assets siezed, along with the Portuguese taxman and Portuguese banks - they will be wanting to see the color of his money, finally.

Then there are Gonc's debts to courts - Faro, for instance. That will be astronomical.

Oh wait - LIGHTBULB MOMENT!

How on earth could Gonc defend yet another court case, when he still owes the Faro court for his last failed lawsuit?

Would he even be allowed into the Lisbon court?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Jean-Pierre.t50 Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:43 pm

As far as I recall, the forozen assets were the profits from the book, being held by the publishers. Some of which is attributable to Amaral.

With about 1.2million Euros in the pot, and it being ringfenced, no doubt a reasonable deal can be arranged.

Jean-Pierre.t50
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:49 pm

Amongst the many things his fan club are 'forgetting', they seem to be ignoring the fact that this isn't just about his book - his many ghastly utterances to the media about defrosting corpses, etc, are involved as well.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:53 pm

Any which way, it needs discussing. And as you pointed out, Jean Pierre, The McCanns would be a trifle foolish if they didn't at least consider an offer from Goncalo Amaral. They have never seemed greedy to me, not least with Mr. Bennett.
Amaral and Bennett were just going to go on and on, and both getting worse by the day, and in the end they were forced to do something.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:44 pm

Heresy!

Re: maddie spotted in brazil
kitti Today
Pamela said it's a just A rumour about the Mccanns wanting to settle.

Don't tell me they are admitting it's a load of bolleaux started by smiffy and Morais?

GONC TRYING TO SETTLE WITH MCCANNS - Page 8 Smiffybollox
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:20 pm

Oh, this is what the forker is on about - I'd forgotten they are all obsessed with Ms Gurney:

Marvin Hübner Could only be a rumour but: Are you going to settle out with Amaral? I've asked for the third time now. Is it too hard to answer with a simple yes or no?
4 hours ago

Pamela Gurney Marvin it may not be our business in all due respect. I think you will see under another thread here webmaster has said it is a rumour only.

Official Find Madeleine Campaign Brian and Pam, it's a rumour and totally untrue. Let's not discuss that horrid man on this page. Ta. ~FM Webmaster

Monday at 9:09am

Last edited by bb1 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:24 pm

Odd.

Official Find Madeleine Campaign Brian and Pam, it's a rumour and totally untrue. Let's not discuss that horrid man on this page. Ta. ~FM Webmaster

.....was posted on Monday morning. But in the course of yesterday's hysterical outburst of drivel, smiffy claimed the Find Madeleine FB was in what he described as 'lock-down'.

Oh dear, looks like smiffy made that up, too. Wonder what hes going to make a tw@t of himself over next, or will the meds kick in in time?

PS - emu aka silkcut/newperson/inspectorfrost, etc., is taking an undue interest in 'Marvin's' activities. Don't tell me she's trolling FB again, after her previous antics there?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:37 pm

Dr David Payne ™️ ‏@DodgyDrPayne
Hernani Carvalho on Querida Julia today, talked about trial GA vs #McCann Confirmed it was McCanns who asked for an out of court settlement.

Arguido-stooge Carvalho? On the Dear Julia sofa - Dear Julia, the human windmill who makes Lorraine Kelly look like Richard Dimbleby?

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Straws, pathetic clutching at. biggrin
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:40 pm

Past glories from Dear Julia:

GONC TRYING TO SETTLE WITH MCCANNS - Page 8 Sem+nome

No, can't imagine why Stooge Carvalho would be lying on behalf of his fat friend. biggrin
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:52 pm

Sample of past burbles and hisses from The Two Arguidos on Dear Julia's sofa - they are both under the impression that 'Anglo-Saxon' police forces go rushing to the nearest fortune-teller to Crack Cases:

Hernâni Carvalho [HC]: Good afternoon, dear Júlia.

JP: Good afternoon, dear Hernâni. Would you like to make a comment on the information that we just watched?

HC: They are very interesting… In Portugal there is a certain scepticism regarding this kind of people. I do not have to hold an opinion on that at least that is not the important issue, in my opinion. And it is not important, because, either the institutions are useful with all the methods that they use or they are not, that is, there were at certain moments people who wanted to request the help of the FBI to assist the investigation. Well, we should start by saying that the FBI does seek advice from psychics in difficult cases. So, either…

03:30: [Lower Third] Maddie disappeared almost five years ago…

JP: In the Anglo-Saxon culture, namely in England, that also happens.

HC: Exactly.

JP: Specifically these same mediums

HC: Precisely. In England, and in Canada, as you said, in the Anglo-Saxon culture this is also used.

JP: These gentlemen are Canadian.

HC: It should be said that Scotland Yard also works with people that allege that they feel those things, and in Canada the authorities that make criminal investigations also consult that kind of people. In the European continent it is uncommon; however, it is known that some police forces have used mediums, in a more or less overtly manner. The Judiciary Police itself did listen to things, texts, opinions of people who say that they have, let us say, this sensations…

JP: We have Gonçalo Amaral sitting next to you.

04:40 – [Lower Third] To follow: Gonçalo Amaral returns to Praia da Luz.

HC: Exactly, this was just until he arrived.

JP: Who coordinated the entire investigation. This was just a warm up until he arrived. [Laughs]

HC: So, without wishing to give my opinion relatively to what psychics may feel or not, since we now have here the responsible for the investigation, the first question that I will make him is…

JP: Good afternoon.

Gonçalo Amaral [GA]: Good afternoon.

HC: And the first question is, Gonçalo, did you receive or not information from these people who have a special “phone” to the other side and if you did, did you take that into account or not?

GA: In cases like this one, it is very common for messages to appear, several information, some of which were staggering for the… – for example, a drawing that I remember, an image, it was a figure of a person who resembles someone who would appear in the case. Later on, I am able to say who it was. Nevertheless, we the investigators are men of facts. We rely on facts, in indicia, and we are to some extent sceptic regarding these situations.

HC: So you received that kind of information?

GA: Lots and lots of information, just like the family, who also received, who pondered about a few and even delivered emails and other things to the Judiciary Police, saying where the body could be or where it could have been placed - the Madeleine McCann family. There was something initially, you’ve spoken about the FBI early on, when we considered requesting the FBI assistance, the FBI was always… - the FBI which is an US agency for criminal investigations - …was always willing to help. There was a set back by the National Directorate of the Judiciary Police, due to a possible clash with the English police that was working with us and the arrival of the FBI, but the first thing the FBI wanted to do initially was to send us a, let us call it, a clairvoyant, a medium that works with them. Which was…

=============

If Gonc thinks the first thing the FBI would do is call a clairvoyant, then I can only assume that Dear Julia was using the brain cell that day. biggrin
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:00 pm

Does he mean, Following approaches from Gonc's latest lawyers, the McCanns' lawyers have agreed to discuss an out of court settlement from him?

biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:21 pm

walker ‏@nomorethehero
I listened and the plaintiffs didn't ask for a settlement. Amaral is hoping to agree a settlement #mccann

Quite.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:24 pm

What does, "Asked for an Out of Court Settlement", actually mean?

"Yes, we will drop The Case if you make a reasonable offer."
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:34 pm

I know, Sabot, it's quite stunning to have it confirmed, yet again, how stupid they are.

It's been obvious to a blind man that for - what, two years? Creepy Gonc was doing everything possible to avoid climbing in the dock and finally producing those Aces.

He'd run out of delaying stunts - and I suspect his latest lawyers were sick to death of him, too, not to mention wanting paid.

The only way that can happen is if the frozen assets are unfrozen. And the only way that can happen is his lawyers to make concessions to the McCanns' people, and offer to settle out of court.

Gonc clearly holds his supporters in total contempt, to be spinning them this line. Mind you, as they are all swallowing it, his contempt would appear to be justified.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:48 pm

candyfloss wrote:
Right on cue again ed.

If anyone instigates a libel trial then they must be pretty sure they can win, I think you would agree with that. So why would you ask for a settlement if you thought you could win??

Wrong question. The correct question is, Why would you consider accepting the out-of-court settlement offered by the defendant?

And surely no-one is so stupid, they need that spelled out? Mind you, we are talking about forkers and hounders. Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:01 pm

Hounders not noticed the strange - but nonetheless welcome - silence from Head Hounder on the subject?

I wonder if it's because he knows Creepy Gonc has thrown him under the bus. Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:04 pm

The McCanns have not settled with Amaral; and Amaral's Ocrime lawyer is the one who approached the McCanns to negotiate a settlement!

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:16 pm

crazytony wrote:The McCanns have not settled with Amaral; and Amaral's Ocrime lawyer is the one who approached the McCanns to negotiate a settlement!

Thanks, Tony, I couldn't remember who currently has the misfortune of representing Gonc.

How many times have we been here before? The likes of Morais and smiffy feed the forkers and hounders bullsh*t; not only do they not question it, they find it so delicious they beg for more. They get more and more excited and hysterical, convinced that tick, tock, that tide has finally turned....

....Which leads to the inevitable tears before bedtime when the truth comes out. And they never, ever learn.

Oh well, do we actually care that they are on course for yet more disappointment? Nope. Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next