JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
BBC NEWS: BENNETT FOUND GUILTY EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
BBC NEWS: BENNETT FOUND GUILTY EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
BBC NEWS: BENNETT FOUND GUILTY EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
BBC NEWS: BENNETT FOUND GUILTY EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
BBC NEWS: BENNETT FOUND GUILTY EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
BBC NEWS: BENNETT FOUND GUILTY EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
BBC NEWS: BENNETT FOUND GUILTY EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
BBC NEWS: BENNETT FOUND GUILTY EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
BBC NEWS: BENNETT FOUND GUILTY EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

BBC NEWS: BENNETT FOUND GUILTY

+6
lily
rhodes
Lamplighter
muratfan
Maggs
bb1
10 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

BBC NEWS: BENNETT FOUND GUILTY Empty BBC NEWS: BENNETT FOUND GUILTY

Post  bb1 Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:21 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-21534603

Madeleine McCann contempt case: Tony Bennett guilty

BBC NEWS: BENNETT FOUND GUILTY _65721606_jex_8174_de39-1

Mr Bennett apologised to Kate and Gerry McCann for the distress he has caused

A man who claims he is campaigning to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann has been convicted of contempt of court at the High Court in London.

Tony Bennett was found to have breached an earlier court undertaking not to publish allegations linking Madeleine's parents with her disappearance.

Bennett, who is behind the Madeleine Foundation, was given a three-month prison sentence, suspended for a year.

He was also ordered to pay Kate and Gerry McCann's court costs.

Bennett, of Harlow in Essex, was found to have breached on at least 13 occasions the undertaking not to publish allegations linking the couple, from Rothley in Leicestershire, with their daughter's disappearance.

Madeleine went missing on a holiday in Portugal in 2007 aged four.

--------

Sounds a right nutter, and a nasty piece of work, doesn't he?

Last edited by bb1 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:09 pm; edited 3 times in total
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

BBC NEWS: BENNETT FOUND GUILTY Empty Re: BBC NEWS: BENNETT FOUND GUILTY

Post  bb1 Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:39 pm

martinbrunt ‏@skymartinbrunt
#mccanns Ex-solicitor Tony Bennett, McCanns' accuser, gets 3 months jail suspended for a year for contempt of court. http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/QB/2013/332.html
Details
45 mins martinbrunt ‏@skymartinbrunt
#mccanns McCanns win contept of court battle with man who accused them of lies and cover-up over daughter Madeleine. http://bit.ly/XmZ6wE
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggs Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:41 pm

OH, MY. I bet he loved doing this rofl rofl rofl

BBC NEWS: BENNETT FOUND GUILTY _6572110

Mr Bennett apologised to Kate and Gerry McCann for the distress he has caused.

I see he's still living in Harlow Shocked

Last edited by Maggs on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maggs
Maggs
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:41 pm

He's just been on the E. Midlands news...

Background to case, then outside the High Court.

Bennett, in different coat, was doing his pathetic act.

He apologised to the McCanns for causing distress Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

He says he wants a line drawn under this, and that he'll never mention the McCanns again.

And I don't believe a word of it, he's broken promises far too many times for one thing that comes out of his mouth to be trusted.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:46 pm

Maggs wrote:OH, MY. I bet he loved doing this rofl rofl rofl

BBC NEWS: BENNETT FOUND GUILTY _6572110

Mr Bennett apologised to Kate and Gerry McCann for the distress he has caused.

I see he's still living in Harlow Shocked

Reckon he had his fingers crossed behind his back, Maggs? Wink
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:57 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1055123/madeleine-mccann-man-jailed-over-claims

Madeleine McCann: Man Jailed Over Claims

A man is jailed for contempt of court for publishing claims about the parents of missing Madeleine McCann

A retired solicitor who published claims that Madeleine McCann's parents caused her death has been given a suspended jail sentence.

Mr Justice Tugendhat said 65-year-old Tony Bennett deliberately flouted legal undertakings, given in November 2009, not to repeat allegations about the couple.

Bennett's conduct, the judge said, was so serious that nothing less than a custodial sentence of three months, suspended for one year, would reflect the harm he had done.

Finding Bennett guilty of contempt of court, the judge added: "I am sure that he intended to allege that the claimants are to be suspected of causing the death of their daughter, and did in fact dispose of her body, lie about what happened and covered up what they had done."

The judge, at London's High Court, said he was satisfied that Bennett, of Harlow, Essex, was in breach of the undertakings in each of the 13 representative instances before the court - out of 153 publications complained of.

He was not asked to make findings in relation to the other alleged breaches.

He commented: "It is essential for the rule of law that injunctions and court orders be obeyed. It can't be an answer that the person who is giving an undertaking or subject to an injunction can ignore it with impunity while it is in force."

Bennett, who was ordered to pay the costs of the litigation, apologised to the court.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  muratfan Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:01 pm

So Bennett is going to be bankrupt,lose his house and dignity. Yet he could have avoided this by just listening to the good,sound advice which was given to him, not the goading, pretendy police, solicitors and those that egged Bennett on.
Fact is Bennett was shown where he was wrong, it was proved he was wrong yet those on his forum goaded him to go further. Fine when its not their money or their house on the line, if it was i guess they would gave been different. Those that pointed out to Bennett where he was wrong and offered him advice were banned and labelled disruptors and trolls ... No they were trying to help Bennett and trying to help Bennett save his money. They could all see this coming a mile off.

Fact is this. Bennett thought he could do the same what he did over the Barrymore case and Balkwell case, but the internet was not used then like it is now, He wasn't challenged then and thought he could do it again.

Like i say though, those goading Bennett, egging him on whilst they sat back like coward should look at themselves in the mirror and ask themselves " did i cost Bennett that much"
muratfan
muratfan
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:25 pm

Well, they wanted media coverage, and now they're getting it:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/feb/21/madeleine-mccann-contempt-case

Madeleine McCann contempt case: retired solicitor found guilty

Tony Bennett given suspended sentence for publishing claims that Kate and Gerry McCann caused their daughter's death

A retired solicitor who published claims that Madeleine McCann's parents caused her death has been given a suspended jail sentence.

Mr Justice Tugendhat said 65-year-old Tony Bennett deliberately flouted legal undertakings, given in November 2009, not to repeat allegations about the couple. He said his conduct was so serious that nothing less than a custodial sentence of three months suspended for one year would reflect the harm he had done.

Finding Bennett guilty of contempt of court, Tugendhat said: "I am sure that he intended to allege that the claimants are to be suspected of causing the death of their daughter, and did in fact dispose of her body, lie about what happened and covered up what they had done."

The London high court judge said he was satisfied that Bennett, of Harlow, Essex, was in breach of the undertakings in each of the 13 representative instances before the court – out of 153 publications complained of. He was not asked to make findings in relation to the other alleged breaches.

He said: "It is essential for the rule of law that injunctions and court orders be obeyed. It can't be an answer that the person who is giving an undertaking or subject to an injunction can ignore it with impunity while it is in force."

Bennett, who was ordered to pay the costs of the litigation, apologised to the court. He said: "I recognise the distress I have caused on a number of occasions to the claimants. I would like to apologise to them for that distress."

The judge said Gerry and Kate McCann, who did not attend court, had suffered injury to their reputations and feelings, and had resorted to legal action not to punish Bennett but to put a stop to his repeated conduct.

He agreed with lawyers for the McCanns that Bennett had played "cat and mouse" with them by complying with the undertakings some of the time. "He was testing them with false or disingenuous assurances and demands for explanations to which, as a member of the public with no responsibility for law enforcement, he was not entitled."
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:25 pm

Bennett, who was ordered to pay the costs of the litigation, apologised to the court. He said: "I recognise the distress I have caused on a number of occasions to the claimants. I would like to apologise to them for that distress."
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:43 pm

http://www.harlowstar.co.uk/News/Harlow-news/Retired-Harlow-solicitor-sentenced-over-McCann-claims-20130221142558.htm

Retired Harlow solicitor sentenced over McCann claims

BBC NEWS: BENNETT FOUND GUILTY 00414453

Tony Bennett

A RETIRED solicitor from Harlow who published claims that the parents of missing toddler Madeleine McCann had covered up their daughter’s death has received a suspended jail sentence.
Tony Bennett, formerly of Chippingfield, Old Harlow, but now living in Ongar, was found guilty of contempt of court after deliberately flouting legal undertakings imposed in November 2009 which barred him from repeating allegations about the couple.
At London’s High Court earlier today (Thursday), Mr Justice Tugendhat said the 65-year-old’s conduct was so serious that nothing less than a custodial sentence of three months suspended for one year would reflect the harm he had done.
The judge added: “I am sure that he intended to allege that the claimants are to be suspected of causing the death of their daughter, and did in fact dispose of her body, lie about what happened and covered up what they had done.”
The judge said he was satisfied that Bennett, of Harlow, was in breach of the undertakings in each of the 13 representative instances before the court - out of 153 publications complained of.

He commented: “It is essential for the rule of law that injunctions and court orders be obeyed. It can’t be an answer that the person who is giving an undertaking or subject to an injunction can ignore it with impunity while it is in force.”
Bennett, who was ordered to pay the costs of the litigation, apologised to the court.
He added: “I recognise the distress I have caused on a number of occasions to the claimants. I would like to apologise to them for that distress.”
The judge said that Gerry and Kate McCann, who were not in court, had suffered injury to their reputations and feelings and resorted to legal action not to punish Mr Bennett - but to put a stop to his repeated conduct.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:48 pm

Tony Bennett, formerly of Chippingfield, Old Harlow, but now living in Ongar,
So is Mrs B living in the marital home? I wonder when he moved to Ongar? LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:49 pm

Oh, I missed that. Wonder which hounderess lives in Ongar? Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  rhodes Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:58 pm

so if he utters one word within the next 12 months, he's off to jail
rhodes
rhodes
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:00 pm

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2013/02/21/suspended-sentence-for-solicitor-who-published-claims-kate-and-gerry-mccann-caused-madeleine-s-death-100252-32854785/#ixzz2LXtglZVO

Suspended sentence for solicitor who published claims Kate and Gerry McCann caused Madeleine's death

BBC NEWS: BENNETT FOUND GUILTY Kate-and-gerry-mccann-620-image-2-718777461

Madeline McCann's parents Gerry and Kate chat with a reporter

A RETIRED solicitor who published claims that Madeleine McCann’s parents caused her death has received a suspended jail sentence.

Mr Justice Tugendhat said 65-year-old Tony Bennett deliberately flouted legal undertakings, given in November 2009, not to repeat allegations about the couple.

He said his conduct was so serious that nothing less than a custodial sentence of three months suspended for one year would reflect the harm he had done.

Finding Bennett guilty of contempt of court, the judge added: “I am sure that he intended to allege that the claimants are to be suspected of causing the death of their daughter, and did in fact dispose of her body, lie about what happened and covered up what they had done.”

The judge, at London’s High Court, said he was satisfied that Bennett, of Harlow, Essex, was in breach of the undertakings in each of the 13 representative instances before the court – out of 153 publications complained of.

He commented: “It is essential for the rule of law that injunctions and court orders be obeyed. It can’t be an answer that the person who is giving an undertaking or subject to an injunction can ignore it with impunity while it is in force.”

He added: “I recognise the distress I have caused on a number of occasions to the claimants. I would like to apologise to them for that distress.”

The judge said that Gerry and Liverpool-born Kate McCann, who have not attended court, had suffered injury to their reputations and feelings and resorted to legal action not to punish Mr Bennett – but to put a stop to his repeated conduct.

Later, Clarence Mitchell, the McCann family spokesman, said: “Kate and Gerry McCann brought these committal proceedings very much as a last resort.

“Mr Bennett has pursued an incessant campaign against them, repeatedly making false accusations against them, and ignoring the fact that the Portuguese authorities confirmed there was simply no evidence to implicate them in the disappearance of their daughter Madeleine.”

He added: “Kate and Gerry McCann are pleased with the Court’s decision today and hope that it finally marks an end to Mr Bennett’s campaign against them. The McCanns continue to focus their efforts on the ongoing search for their daughter Madeleine.”

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:56 pm

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Retired-solicitor-Tony-Bennett-sentenced/story-18213107-detail/story.html#ixzz2LY7vM4ou

Retired solicitor Tony Bennett sentenced over Madeleine McCann claims
Thursday, February 21, 2013

A retired solicitor who published claims that Madeleine McCann's parents caused her death has received a suspended jail sentence.

Tony Bennett (65), of Harlow in Essex, was found to have breached on at least 13 occasions a court undertaking not to publish allegations linking Kate and Gerry McCann, from Rothley, with their daughter's disappearance.

He was today convicted of contempt of court at the High Court in London.
Bennett, who is behind the Madeleine Foundation, was given a three-month prison sentence, suspended for a year.

He was also ordered to pay the McCanns' court costs. Madeleine went missing in May 2007 from an apartment complex in Praia da Luz, Portugal, where her parents had been holidaying with a group of friends.
Sure getting around, isn't it? How about the Evening Standard? LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:00 pm

Can't see it yet, LL, but there's an awful lot of news today, and I may be missing it?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:04 pm

bb1 wrote:Can't see it yet, LL, but there's an awful lot of news today, and I may be missing it?
Haven't see anything so far, but as you say a lotta news .... LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  muratfan Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:28 pm

Well the hounders did want press coverage of this case didn't they
muratfan
muratfan
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:47 pm

They also have said that the media were sitting on a lot of stories and were waiting to unleash them.

Well........ biggrin Pcorneater
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:56 pm

My friends, this was taken from BBC news:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-21534603
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:04 pm

Thank you, Pedro.

After the hearing, Bennett said: "I'm sorry for the distress I've caused to them - I'm hoping the way forward will result in both of us drawing a line under the situation."

His hypocrisy is staggering - does he really think anyone sane trusts him? Judge Tugendhat clearly didn't.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:25 pm

He means it as much as he meant when he said that he had stopped his campaign outside court the last go round. Pcorneater
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:59 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-campaigner-tony-bennett-1723519

Retired solicitor guilty over false claims against Madeleine McCann's parents

21 Feb 2013 22:00
His Madeleine Foundation handed out 1,500 leaflets titled “10 key reasons which suggest she wasn’t abducted” in the family’s village.

BBC NEWS: BENNETT FOUND GUILTY Kate+and+Gerry+McCann+said+they+believe+there+is+%22no+doubt%22+that+Portuguese+authorities+will+reopen+the+investigation+into+their+daughter+Madeleine+s+disappearance

Court case: Kate and Gerry McCann

By Agency staff
Retired solicitor guilty over false claims against Madeleine McCann's parents

21 Feb 2013 22:00
His Madeleine Foundation handed out 1,500 leaflets titled “10 key reasons which suggest she wasn’t abducted” in the family’s village.

Court case: Kate and Gerry McCann
Ian Vogler
A retired solicitor who published claims that Madeleine McCann's parents caused her death received a suspended jail sentence today.

He said his conduct was so serious that nothing less than a custodial sentence of three months suspended for one year would reflect the harm he had done.

Finding Bennett guilty of contempt of court, the judge added: "I am sure that he intended to allege that the claimants are to be suspected of causing the death of their daughter, and did in fact dispose of her body, lie about what happened and covered up what they had done."

The judge, at London's High Court, said he was satisfied that Bennett, of Harlow, Essex, was in breach of the undertakings in each of the 13 representative instances before the court - out of 153 publications complained of.

He commented: "It is essential for the rule of law that injunctions and court orders be obeyed.

"It can't be an answer that the person who is giving an undertaking or subject to an injunction can ignore it with impunity while it is in force."

He added: "I recognise the distress I have caused on a number of occasions to the claimants. I would like to apologise to them for that distress."

The judge said that Gerry and Kate McCann, who have not attended court, had suffered injury to their reputations and feelings and resorted to legal action not to punish Mr Bennett - but to put a stop to his repeated conduct.

He agreed with lawyers for the McCanns that Bennett had played "cat and mouse" with them by complying with the undertakings some of the time.

"He was testing them with false or disingenuous assurances and demands for explanations to which, as a member of the public with no responsibility for law enforcement, he was not entitled."

Later, Clarence Mitchell, the McCann family spokesman, said: "Kate and Gerry McCann brought these committal proceedings very much as a last resort.

"Mr Bennett has pursued an incessant campaign against them, repeatedly making false accusations against them, and ignoring the fact that the Portuguese authorities confirmed there was simply no evidence to implicate them in the disappearance of their daughter Madeleine.

"In 2009 Mr Bennett gave solemn undertakings to the High Court not to continue this campaign, but he has gone on to breach these undertakings on well over 100 occasions.

"Concerned for the effect that Mr Bennett's campaign may have on the ongoing search for their daughter and the likelihood of new leads coming forward, the McCanns concluded they had little choice but to seek the Court's intervention.

"Contrary to press reports, Kate and Gerry McCann did not bring the action to punish Mr Bennett or to send him to prison, but simply to get him to stop."

He added: "Kate and Gerry McCann are pleased with the Court's decision today and hope that it finally marks an end to Mr Bennett's campaign against them.

"The McCanns continue to focus their efforts on the ongoing search for their daughter Madeleine."
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:51 am

Have posted this because of the photo. Shocked

http://www.itv.com/news/london/update/2013-02-21/former-solicitor-in-court-over-madeleine-allegations/

Former solicitor in court over Madeleine allegations
Last updated Thu 21 Feb 2013UK Madeleine McCann Tony Bennett

BBC NEWS: BENNETT FOUND GUILTY Article_00382db83a5a26e6_1361479207_9j-4aaqsk

Tony Bennet Credit: ITV Anglia
A retired solicitor from Essex who claimed Madeleine McCann's parents caused her death has received a suspended jail sentence.

Sixty five year-old Tony Bennett ,from Harlow, broke legal undertakings, given in November 2009, not to repeat allegations about the couple.

He was found guilty at the High Court and given a three month jail sentence, suspended for one year. He was also ordered to pay the costs of the litigation.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:01 am

lily wrote:Have posted this because of the photo. Shocked

http://www.itv.com/news/london/update/2013-02-21/former-solicitor-in-court-over-madeleine-allegations/

Former solicitor in court over Madeleine allegations
Last updated Thu 21 Feb 2013UK Madeleine McCann Tony Bennett

BBC NEWS: BENNETT FOUND GUILTY Article_00382db83a5a26e6_1361479207_9j-4aaqsk

Tony Bennet Credit: ITV Anglia
A retired solicitor from Essex who claimed Madeleine McCann's parents caused her death has received a suspended jail sentence.

Sixty five year-old Tony Bennett ,from Harlow, broke legal undertakings, given in November 2009, not to repeat allegations about the couple.

He was found guilty at the High Court and given a three month jail sentence, suspended for one year. He was also ordered to pay the costs of the litigation.

BBC NEWS: BENNETT FOUND GUILTY 3507336
He dyes his hair rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next