JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 10 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 10 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 10 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

American doctor infected with Ebola

5 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 10 Empty Re: American doctor infected with Ebola

Post  lily Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:28 pm

I said the same thing about Obama this morning when I saw he had cancelled his day's fundraising.  

I don't think they know what the heck they are doing.  So much stupidity every which way you look.  

I mentioned to someone today that if someone who was infected with the disease went around the Senate and House and White House, the government would soon get very sensible about the whole darn thing.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 10 Empty Re: American doctor infected with Ebola

Post  bb1 Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:10 pm

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-10-15/did-obama-just-raise-ebola-threat-level

4 weeks ago this is what President Obama said "the chances of an Ebola outbreak here in the United States are extremely low."

Today, having reassured Americans that "Ebola is not like the flu, it's not airborne," (despite experts' concerns that Ebola could indeed be aerogenically transmitted) Obama stated that a "widespread outbreak of Ebola in the US is 'unlikely'"

From "Extremely Low" to "Unlikely"... in a month.

Yup, definitely time to panic.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:23 pm

Think about the fact that flu season is around the corner.......
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:51 am

Flu is going to be a HUGE problem, IMO. If you're feeling unwell, do you seek medical help knowing its almost certainly just flu - but knowing you are chancing being shoved into an Ebola quarantine area?

Or do you do nothing, stay at home, and cross your fingers?

And even if it is just flu, do you go to some hospital with inadequate contamination practises?

I suspect the stay at home with crossed fingers, paracetamol and hot toddy is the best option...

Meanwhile, in Dallas...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-10-15/dallas-commissioners-will-declare-state-disaster-tomorrow-over-ebola-fears?page=6

Meredith Land ✔ @MeredithNBC5
Follow
BREAKING>> Emergency Dallas Commissioners Ct. Meeting Set for tomorrow at 2pm to declare Local State of Disaster

Poor Dallas! Those glamourous Ewings had barely helped the city recover its reputation after the nasty incident in '63, when it turns into Plague Central.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:53 am

Incidentally, as is being pointed out in the comments, this story has turned from complacency and lofty statements about everything being under control, to a major city being declared a disaster zone, in a fortnight....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:20 pm

AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/10/16/cdc-considers-adding-names-people-monitored-for-ebola-to-no-fly-list/

On Monday, a CDC official cleared Vinson to fly from Cleveland to Dallas on board Frontier Airlines Flight 1143 despite the fact that she had called and reported having a slight fever, one of the common symptoms of the Ebola virus. Vinson's reported temperature -- 99.5 degrees -- was below the threshold of 100.4 degrees set by the agency and she had no symptoms, according to CDC spokesman David Daigle.

AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 10 1413418145946_wps_8_As_coverage_of_the_transp

'Who's the idiot with the clipboard?' Disbelief and panic as mystery man WITHOUT a hazmat suit helps second Ebola nurse board her plane to Atlanta, disposes waste and then climbs aboard

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2794854/what-thinking-mystery-man-without-hazmat-suit-seen-helping-2nd-ebola-nurse-board-plane-atlanta-joining-them.html#ixzz3GJ1K5Dl1
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

These fools are going to get thousands of people killed. What part of DEADLY CONTAGION is hard to grasp?

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:44 pm

Oh this morning on the news, they were trying to ascertain from the White House who was in charge of this charade.  

Still don't have a firm candidate.  Wink
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:49 pm

Here's a clue, from saner times:

American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 10 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKHIoAARkZTHJpymw548Tl7n_ksfUzVnrc9bY9j2HMshSU2Ugf
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:13 pm

You got it, Bonny.  

I thought that instead of "The Buck Stops Here"  it could be "WTF Stops Here".
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:23 pm

It actually reminds me of some of the events on 9/11, Lily, when the only official people who used their brains were the air traffic controllers, and the US's last line of defence was the poor passengers on Flight 93. Because all the high-tech, super-modern glitzy, whizzy systems had failed, and the military and government lost control.

And it was the firefighters and ordinary police that did save lives in New York, not anyone higher up. If it had been left to the high-ups, they would still have been debating whether or not to evacuate the Towers when they fell.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:28 pm

Don't know how we managed through all those centuries before computers.  Pcorneater
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:57 pm

http://www.infowars.com/obama-i-hugged-and-kissed-ebola-healthcare-workers/

Obama said, “I want to use myself as an example so people have a sense of the science here. I shook hands with, hugged, and kissed, not the doctors, but a couple of the nurses at Emory because of the valiant work that they did in treating one of the patients. They followed the protocols, they knew what they were doing, and I felt perfectly safe doing so. And so, this is not a situation in which, like a flu, the risks of a rapid spread of the disease are imminent. If we do these protocols properly, follow the steps, get the information out, then the likelihood of widespread Ebola out break in this country are very, very low.”

What I am thinking really would be poetic justice for such arrogance......
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:34 pm

Oh Really. Has any American President ever committed suicide?
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:38 pm

Sabot wrote:Oh Really.  Has any American President ever committed suicide?
No, though there are many rumors etc about Warren Harding's death. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:01 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1352062/ebola-how-to-protect-yourself-from-virus

: Do not touch bats and non-human primates or their blood and fluids, and do not eat raw meat prepared from these animals

Well, that should be easy to stick to.....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:55 pm

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-10-16/idiotic-explanation-why-idiot-clipboard-was-unprotected

Phoenix Air responds (via ABC News)...

The airline confirmed to ABC News that the man was their medical protocol supervisor who was purposefully not wearing protective gear.

"Our medical professionals in the biohazard suits have limited vision and mobility and it is the protocol supervisor’s job to watch each person carefully and give them verbal directions to insure no close contact protocols are violated," a spokesperson from Phoenix Air told ABC News said.

"There is absolutely no problem with this and in fact insures an even higher level of safety for all involved," the spokesperson said.

American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 10 Double_facepalm
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:06 pm

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/17/health/us-ebola/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Airline notifying 800 passengers linked to flights taken by nurse infected with Ebola
By Faith Karimi and Greg Botelho, CNN
October 17, 2014 -- Updated 0820 GMT (1620 HKT)

CNN) -- A nurse infected with Ebola may have had symptoms sooner than originally believed, authorities say, and an airline is notifying up to 800 passengers linked to flights she took between Dallas and Cleveland.
In addition to Amber Vinson's round trip, Frontier Airlines is also reaching out to others who were in five subsequent flights that used the same plane.
Vinson was hospitalized Tuesday, a day after she returned from Cleveland to Dallas aboard a Frontier Airlines flight.
The nurse at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas was part of a team that treated Thomas Eric Duncan, the first person diagnosed with Ebola in the United States. He died last week.
Nurse's uncle: CDC OK'd Vinson's flight Mayor: We may have more Ebola cases Hospital 'deeply sorry' for Ebola mistakes CDC: Nurse shouldn't have flown
Frontier says passengers linked to flights she took include those aboard her Dallas-to-Cleveland flight on October 10, a return flight four days later and five later flights that used the same plane.
The expanded efforts came after officials said she may have shown symptoms of the virus four days before authorities first indicated. Ebola is contagious when someone is symptomatic.

More at link.

FUBAR. And what on EARTH was she thinking of? Oh, I've been nursing someone with a deadly infectious disease we still don't know too much about, I think I will just fly to the other side of the country to look at my wedding dress. I've got a bit of a temperature but hey, no biggie!
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:39 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1355145/cruise-ship-stranded-in-passenger-ebola-scare

Cruise Ship Stranded In Passenger Ebola Scare
13:29, UK, Friday 17 October 2014

A passenger onboard a US cruise ship off Belize has been put into quarantine after it was thought she handled ebola specimens.

More follows...

Hopefully a false alarm, but WFT is wrong with these people. I've had a really hard week at work dealing with a deadly infectious disease, about which we don't actually know that much, I think I'll go on holiday and meet some new people.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:13 pm

bb1 wrote:http://news.sky.com/story/1355145/cruise-ship-stranded-in-passenger-ebola-scare

Cruise Ship Stranded In Passenger Ebola Scare
13:29, UK, Friday 17 October 2014

A passenger onboard a US cruise ship off Belize has been put into quarantine after it was thought she handled ebola specimens.

More follows...

Hopefully a false alarm, but WFT is wrong with these people. I've had a really hard week at work dealing with a deadly infectious disease, about which we don't actually know that much, I think I'll go on holiday and meet some new people.

Bleeding Hell. They eventually defeated The Plague because they isolated everyone, including the supposedly healthy.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:08 pm

I think it might be possible that since there was no immediate blocking of flights/people (with exception of aid workers by chartered planes), people are not treating this with enough seriousness.  

The CDC was downplaying it along with everyone else and his brother.  The consequences, maybe?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:22 pm

I saw one infuriated poster on ZH wondering why 21st century Americans appear to have less common sense than 14th century Europeans, Lily....

I do wonder if this business of the US simply having no folk memory of what a really horrible epidemic can do is causing this; LL mentioned the Spanish flu, but while that killed millions, it still didn't have the impact on society of Black Death.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:32 pm

From my aged and cynical perspective it is merely a replaying of the old belief - "it will never happen to me, it only happens to them". But that is a false premise as what happens to them can almost certainly happen to you. None of us are immune, but the problem is, as I see it, that humanity has lost its ability to think for itself. I don't want to die from some nasty disease, nor do I want my family to be wiped out. Do I have answer to this? No, but maybe in some future time when I have been long gone someone, somewhere, will realise that it takes everyone pulling together to defeat anything that threatens humankind. JMO LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:46 pm

I am watching the news conference from Bethesda just now, where Nina Pham is being treated, and it's a relief to hear people who sound competent and professional, and admit that they DON'T know everything. IMO, the waffle and nonsense from Washington and the CDC has made things ten times worse.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:16 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1355145/cruise-ship-stranded-in-passenger-ebola-scare

But the employee could have processed Mr Duncan's bodily fluids 19 days ago, State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said in a statement. The incubation period for the disease is up to 21 days.

She did not specify the location or operator of the ship, but media in the Central American nation of Belize said its government was keeping the cruise ship offshore.

In a statement, the Belize government said that "out of an abundance of caution, the Government of Belize decided not to facilitate a US request for assistance in evacuating the passenger" via a coastal airport.

Hallelujah! Belize shows common sense; I would lay odds Belizians have a folk memory of what epidemics can do. I hope they've held onto their Yellow Flags?

Oh, and if Psaki says ANYTHING, it's safe to assume it's a lie.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:45 pm

www.denverpost.com-www.denverpost.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.denverpost.com/ci_12268042?IADID=Search-www.denverpost.com-www.denverpost.com

The 1918 influenza outbreak: An unforgettable legacy

That is fascinating, and well worth reading.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next