JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 11 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 11 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 11 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 11 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 11 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 11 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

American doctor infected with Ebola

5 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 11 Empty Re: American doctor infected with Ebola

Post  Sabot Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:21 pm

There is only one way to avoid a plague. Stay away from people. I know that some people can't, but I can. I always knew there was a reason for why I hoard loads of food.

If it ever hits France, even a Telephone Bill posted in Paris could infect me. God help the rest of the world.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 11 Empty Re: American doctor infected with Ebola

Post  Lamplighter Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:54 pm

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:00 pm

Dr. Peter Piot, the co-discoverer of the Ebola virus, agreed in an interview Friday that WHO acted far too slowly, largely because of its Africa office. "It's the regional office in Africa that's the front line," he said at his office in London. "And they didn't do anything. That office is really not competent."

I am none too sure why that should surprise anyone, LL.........
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:51 pm

Obama might take it seriously now:

http://news.sky.com/story/1355428/vomiting-woman-at-pentagon-sparks-ebola-alert

The Pentagon has shut down a building entrance and part of a car park after a woman was sick and told medics she had recently been to Africa.

Hazmat-suited crews from Arlington, Virginia, descended on the scene as the woman was taken to hospital as a possible ebola case.

She began vomiting after she got off a shuttle bus that was taking guests to a high-level Marine Corps ceremony.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:09 pm

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-10-17/meet-americas-new-ebola-czar

This should fix it and calm the panic:

*OBAMA SAID TO APPOINT RON KLAIN AS EBOLA CZAR, CNN TWEETS
Forget medical experience, what the USA needs to combat the worst Ebola pandemic ever is "an American lawyer and political operative best known for serving as Chief of Staff to two Vice Presidents - Al Gore (1995–1999) and Joseph Biden (2009–2011)." Gotta wonder how Tom Frieden feels about this...

More at link.

*sigh*
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:38 pm

Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:52 pm

More here:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/10/19/fauci-tries-to-calm-us-after-missteps-on-ebola-amid-concerns-americans-have/

America’s top infectious disease expert on Sunday again acknowledged that the safety protocols used for the nation’s first Ebola patient were inadequate, and that the Obama administration overstated the country’s readiness for the deadly virus, amid concern that Americans have already lost faith in the government.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told “Fox News Sunday” that the adopted World Health Organization protocol for handling an Ebola patient was better suited for field work than confined hospital care.

As a result, two nurses at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas were infected with Ebola while treating Thomas Eric Duncan, the Liberian national who arrived from West Africa with the virus and later died.

“It was very clear … that is not the optimal way,” Fauci said.

No sh*t, Sherlock.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 11 Empty Nigeria is Ebola-Free: Here’s What They Did Right

Post  Lamplighter Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:32 am

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 11 Empty Ebola crisis: Spanish nurse tests negative for virus

Post  Lamplighter Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:05 am

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-29683616

She will be tested again then, if okay, declared free of the disease.
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:04 am

Let's hope so, LL, every person that survives adds to knowledge.

This is worth a read:

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/ebola-liberia-deaths-%E2%80%98far-higher-than-reported%E2%80%99-as-officials-downplay-epidemic/ar-BB9RlgO

Concerning the chaotic way this has been handled, and some of the ways in which it has been spread by people that should know better:

Samura believes sexual promiscuity among westerners could play a role in the virus’s spread abroad. Almost immediately after the outbreak was reported in March, Liberia’s health minister warned people to stop having sex because the virus was spread via bodily fluids as well as kissing.“I saw westerners in nightclubs, on beaches, guys picking up prostitutes,” he said. “Westerners who ought to know better are going to nightclubs and partying and dancing. It beggars belief.It’s scary.”

I wonder if there is no great mystery about why so many healthcare workers have been infected? Did sheer stupidity and booze play a part?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:50 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1356643/the-virus-is-gone-nigeria-declared-ebola-free

Meanwhile, the husband of a Spanish nursing assistant who became infected with ebola said she was now clear of all traces of the virus.

A blood test revealed Teresa Romero's immune system had eliminated the illness from her body.

Teresa's recovery could go a long way to fighting the disease, if doctors can work out why some people can fight it off.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 11 Empty Portugal medical teams ready to aid Ebola effort - health chief

Post  Pedro Silva Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:10 am

Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:32 am

Portugal is ready to send medical teams to Guinea-Bissau to help keep the country free of Ebola, its director-general of health, Francisco George, told Lusa from Bissau, where he was about to start a two-day visit to see what help might be needed.

Something strange seems to be happening, in that the less fuss there is made, the more effective the assistance is. Some of the African nations bordering Ebola territory have done marvels in staying disease-free - unlike the US, which managed to spread it on US soil.

Cuba's contribution has been outstanding:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/12/cuba-leads-fights-against-ebola-africa
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 11 Empty DOCTOR WITH EBOLA IN NY CITY

Post  Lamplighter Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:21 am

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 11 Empty FIRST CASE CONFIRMED IN MALI

Post  Lamplighter Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:22 am

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:17 pm

Sky:

A New York doctor who returned from treating patients in Guinea this month has become the city's first person to test postive for ebola.

Craig Spencer, 33, has been held at an isolation ward at Manhattan's Bellevue Hospital, a designated centre for dealing with the virus.

His apartment in Harlem has been sealed off and authorities are trying to track down those who came into contact with him in the days before he was admitted to hospital.

The doctor, originally from Detroit, Michigan, had been working in west Africa for medical charity Doctors Without Borders.

Dr Spencer arrived in New York from Guinea on 17 October and reported coming down with a fever and diarrhoea on Thursday.

Bellevue? Isn't that where the junkies get sent in New York cop dramas?

Let's hope they have a better grasp of infection protocols than the Dallas lot did.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:15 pm

There are problems so serious with this - and I know this is a deadly disease as it is.  He went on the subway and to a bowling alley and restaurant the day before and he did not isolated himself after coming back from Africa.  The guy was treating the disease........

The response to this disease in the West has been disgraceful in my opinion.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:26 pm

I think Spain is the only European nation that's managed to spread it, Lily? The UK patient was treated and recovered without it spreading, and I think Germany is OK, too?

The doctor, originally from Detroit, Michigan, had been working in west Africa for medical charity Doctors Without Borders.

He, of all people, should have known better - and why is it medical people that are spreading it? Do they all take risks imagining they're immune, or something?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:33 pm

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:34 pm

I know this is the Mail but there is a decent article here about the doctor and his movements.  I wonder if it would have been different had flights from the region in Africa been stopped and/or people quarantined on arrival in the US. People might have wised up to the danger?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2805673/Ebola-panic-Brooklyn-Doctor-treated-patients-West-Africa-visited-hip-bowling-hotspot-ONE-DAY-rushed-hospital-103F-fever.html
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:43 pm

American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 11 20141023_ebola1

I wonder why that New York cop appears to think that putting a sweatshirt on his head will protect him?

Thanks, Lily, that is a good roundup.

American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 11 1414117146846_wps_25_Ebola_panic

Just about sums it up.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:44 pm

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:48 pm

I've seen all sorts of rumours flying around, Lily. How much truth there is in them - if any - it's impossible to tell. I hope they are ALL false, or you are in big, big trouble.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:08 pm

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/284229.php

How Nigeria dealt with the Ebola breakout there. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:16 pm

Thanks, LL, I didn't know any of that, it's very revealing. I suspect words like PROMPT and ROBUST played a large part in Nigeria's success in containing Ebola. Obama's been worse than useless - right down to appointing a campaign fund raiser lawyer as the US's 'Ebola Tzar'. WTF is the point of that?

I suspect that a great deal of the panic in New York isn't just because of the disease itself; it's because of this complacent, lackadaisical attitude from Washington. Obama seems to put more importance in looking as if he's doing something, than actually doing something.

Incompetence + arrogance + deadly infectious disease = PANIC.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next