JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 3 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

American doctor infected with Ebola

5 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 3 Empty Re: American doctor infected with Ebola

Post  bb1 Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:09 pm

I am trying, and failing, to think of one single thing Obama has done to make life better for ordinary Americans, Lily. And no, free phones don't count, and neither does getting involved in coup d'etats on the other side of the world. Or selling arms to Mexican drug gangs. Or selling arms to Middle East jihadists.

There seems to be some kind of trickle-down incompetence from the White House. Like medical staff deciding someone from Liberia that was coughing and spluttering on them had a 'virus'. Did they even know where Liberia IS?

And look at this business of an armed criminal getting into a lift with the Prez - please note, said armed criminal was employed by the CDC, the same people that are supposedly 'controlling' this Ebola outbreak.

Also, the Obamacare debacle has cost more money, and taken more time to not-organise, than sending a man to the Moon did.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 3 Empty Re: American doctor infected with Ebola

Post  bb1 Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:15 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/ebola-case-stokes-concerns-liberians-dallas-053920222.html

Dr. Mark Lester, who works for the hospital's parent company, said a nurse had asked Duncan whether he had been in any part of West Africa, where Ebola has killed thousands. But that "information was not fully communicated throughout the whole team."

What???? How DUMB can you get?

Frieden said he did not believe anyone on the same flights as the patient was at risk.

The man traveled from his home in the Liberian capital of Monrovia to Brussels and then to Dallas, according to a spokeswoman for the Belgium health ministry, Vinciane Charlier.

"Ebola doesn't spread before someone gets sick, and he didn't get sick until four days after he got off the airplane," Frieden said.

The arrogance and complacency is almost more frightening than the disease.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:47 pm

Ebola is not contagious until symptoms begin, and it takes close contact with bodily fluids to spread.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2775608/CDC-confirms-Dallas-patient-isolation-testing-returning-region-plagued-Ebola-HAS-deadly-virus.html#ixzz3Ew69CxIp
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Really? So, what's with all the Hazmat suits, then?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-10-01/how-bad-could-it-get-us-government-order-160000-hazmat-suits-gives-clue

Bit of a giveaway, is 160,000 Hazmat suits. Doubtless every rotten politico in Washington and elsewhere will be first in the queue to get them.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:53 pm

This is another major tragedy waiting to happen on top of all the others through incompetency.  madmad
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:03 pm

My goodness, Bonny.  That's a lot of suits.......

I found this youtube within a comment on the zero hedge article which gives pause for thought.  How accurate it is or anything I don't know and this is not a scare tactic from me.  I'm just saying.....

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:05 pm

Coughing or Sneezing? How bodily fluid is that?
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:10 pm

There are fluids you can sneeze out and droplets from the lungs when you cough?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:13 pm

Has he been in, say, McDonald's, when he was wandering around? In a mall? Left sweaty handprints anywhere? Go back to the US doctors that were infected - no-one ever found out how it happened, so people have to wonder if it's airborne.

IF he caught it on a plane, Lily, then we're screwed. I see from that vid he didn't go through Heathrow - he went through Washington instead.....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:14 pm

You could still be screwed if people flew into Heathrow after the fact?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:15 pm

I'm staying home for the next fortnight.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:25 pm

Badly put by me, Lily. I meant that, if he did catch it on the plane, then whoever he caught it off is still unaccounted for....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:48 pm

Precisely and that is so scary.   They are being negligent in giving out all the details of which flights etc he was on.  This thing could keep on spreading like crazy.  mad
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:24 pm

The route #1 took:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ebola-patient-thomas-eric-duncan-flew-united-airlines-to-dallas-texas/

Details of the man's 28-hour trip from western Africa emerged Wednesday. He flew on two airlines, took three flights, and had lengthy airport layovers before reaching Texas on Sept. 20.

Still, federal officials say other passengers on the flights are at no risk of infection because the man had no symptoms at the time of his trip.

The patient, identified as Thomas Eric Duncan by CBS Dallas station KTVT, left Monrovia, Liberia, on Sept. 19 aboard a Brussels Airlines jet to the Belgian capital, according to a Belgian official. After layover of nearly seven hours, he boarded United Airlines Flight 951 to Dulles International Airport near Washington, D.C. After another layover of nearly three hours, he then flew Flight 822 from Dulles to Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, the airline confirmed.

Given that 'air' on planes is all recycled, I hope the supposed experts are correct about when the disease becomes infectious. But given the slapdash manner in which the CDC has handled this so far, I am not holding out much hope.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:13 pm

I am not entirely sure that these people only become infectious when they are showing symptoms. In fact, I suspect that they are infectious from the very minute that they contract the disease.
But it doesn't really matter. It will happen, or not. It's actually a done deal. Just stay home.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:21 pm

Yes, I would say this is a very good time to be avoiding crowds.....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:30 pm

bb1 wrote:Yes, I would say this is a very good time to be avoiding crowds.....

It isn't all that difficult, Bonny.  Stay away from people. What the feck do you think they would say if this virus was out and about?

Stay home.  Don't go out.

On the other hand, get out of Dodge.  That's what spread The Plague.  There is nothing to be done.

I really don't want to go into restricting humanity.  There will always be a way.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:47 pm

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-10-02/doctor-boards-atlanta-flight-hazmat-suit-protest-lying-cdc

"If they're not lying, they are grossly incompetent," said Dr. Gil Mobley, a microbiologist and emergency trauma physician from Springfield, Mo. as he checked in and cleared Atlanta airport security wearing a mask, goggles, gloves, boots and a hooded white jumpsuit emblazoned on the back with the words, "CDC is lying!" As The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports, Mobley says the CDC is "sugar-coating" the risk of the virus spreading in the United States.

More at link.

I can see the winter's must-have fashion is going to be a Hazmat suit.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:29 pm

I think he received some much needed attention?  One of the things that the populace hates more than anything is for the people in power to be lying to them.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:32 pm

The authorities haven't sounded in the least bit convincing to me, Lily. And any time someone from the government tells people not to worry, they have everything under control...

RUN!!!!! RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!!
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:37 pm

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:41 pm

So there’s nothing about this case that we know so far that would indicate any weakness or any flaws in that system right now.

What, not even the Ebola victim in a Dallas hospital? Staggering arrogance.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:00 pm

Nothing but lies, lies and more lies.  mad
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:04 pm

Oddly, I was watching a documentary about the old US space programme last night, Lily, and I was struck by how competent everyone was. They explained things simply and intelligently, and I found myself wondering what on earth happened over the past 40 years?

How on earth did the US - or rather, its government - manage to go from sending men to the moon to these endless scandals and foul-ups?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:13 pm

Funnily enough, was discussing something similar today.  It was suggested that we need another Reagan or similar.  Doesn't matter which party either.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:12 pm

OMG.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-10-02/workers-spray-ebola-patients%E2%80%99-vomit-sidewalk-pressure-washer-and-no-protective-cloth

American doctor infected with Ebola - Page 3 By9hssLCcAAHt0v

They are actually WALKING THROUGH the infected vomit left by Mr Ebola of Dallas.....

Couldn’t they be tracking it on the bottom of their shoes as they
move around? What about the power-wash guys? Where did they go next?

That’s a pretty good way to spread Ebola … especially if experts are right that Ebola spreads through aerosols.

Similarly, the Ebola patient’s sweat-stained sheets were left on his bed for days without being removed … even though his family was quarantined in the same room.

As we noted yesterday, arrogance and carelessness may lead to unnecessary deaths.

Update: WFAA TV Dallas/Fort Worth Channel 8 news says that the Centers for Disease Control ordered the sidewalk to be power-washed:

Apparently, they didn't tell anyone to use protective suits, or to keep residents or passersby away while power-washing.

And from the casualness of the guys doing the power-washing, it is unlikely
that (1) they put any disinfectants in the power-washer or (2) they were even told what they were cleaning.

Heck of a job ...

Shocked Shocked Shocked
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next