JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 7 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 7 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Re-interment of King Richard III

4 posters

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 7 Empty Re: Re-interment of King Richard III

Post  bb1 Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:41 pm

Another good photo from C4:

Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 7 23_richard_r_w

Maybe what's really getting to Starkey is that Richard lost the battle, but he has definitely won the war, even if it did take rather a long time?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 7 Empty Re: Re-interment of King Richard III

Post  lily Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:43 pm

I think His Grace had all the time in the world to come of age, so to speak?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:53 pm

There are some stunning photos coming out today, aren't there?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:59 pm

Wonderful ones, Bonny.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:44 am

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Richard-III-Cashing-king/story-26217666-detail/story.html
How to get your Leicester Mercury Richard III souvenir supplement

By PA_Warzynski  |  Posted: March 23, 2015

Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 7 9715198-large
Bids for our Richard III supplement have topped £20 on eBay.
But you can get it much cheaper by calling our team.
People are also trying to sell a free reinterment guide created by Leicester City Council.

The Mercury's souvenir Richard III supplement is back on newsagent shelves from tomorrow, after huge demand from members of the public.

Copies of the supplement, which went on sale last week, are among items of Richard III memorabilia which have been put up for sale on the website eBay with bids currently over £20.

Other items which people are trying to sell include a free reinterment guide created by Leicester City Council, and copies of today's Leicester Mercury.

Orders of service from Sunday's Richard III cathedral service are also for sale on eBay, as people try to cash in on the king.

Anyone who wants to buy a copy of the Mercury's souvenir supplement can do so, while stocks last, by calling our home delivery team on 08444 068 744.

Circulation administrator Teresa Murrin said: "The vendors have all sold out and there are hardly any left in the shops.

"We've printed a few extra thousand so they'll be available from now up until their sold out."
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:42 pm

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:53 pm

Thanks, LL, there are stories all over the place, aren't there?

This is nice:

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Richard-III-ve-guarded-coffins-Kings-England-says/story-26217442-detail/story.html

Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 7 9714668-large

Korean veteran Denis Phillips has a unique claim - he has guarded the coffins of two Kings of England.

In 1952, the former Navy man was drafted in to take part in the funeral procession of King George VI - pulling the coffin through the streets of London.

Now, the 85-year-old, from Croft, near Hinckley, has also been involved in the reburial of Richard III after being chosen to stand as an honour guard.

He was at Leicester Cathedral today with three colleagues from the British Korean War Veterans Association.

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Richard-III-ve-guarded-coffins-Kings-England-says/story-26217442-detail/story.html#ixzz3VKoU1qHQ
Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:57 pm

Hundreds of worshippers pray for the soul of King Richard III at Holy Cross Priory
By Tim_Healy27 | Posted: March 23, 2015

Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 7 9715960-large

Cardinal Vincent Nichols presides at the requiem mass for Richard III
Comments (0)
At least 700 people attended a requiem mass for Richard III yesterday at the Holy Cross Priory church.

It was celebrated by Cardinal Archbishop Vincent Nichols wearing vestments dating back to the time of the Plantagenet king slain in 1485.

Civic dignitaries including the Lord Lieutenant Jennifer Lady Gretton and the Lord Mayor of Leicester John Thomas were among the congregation.

The Bishop of Leicester, Rt Rev Tim Stevens, and the Dean of Leicester, Very Rev David Montieth were also present as were representatives of other churches and faiths.

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Hundreds-worshippers-pray-soul-King-Richard-III/story-26218485-detail/story.html#ixzz3VKpGSC3q
Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

It's astounding that those vestments have survived all these centuries.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:09 pm

So much about this is moving.  The coincidences are staggering and that's just for a start.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 7 Empty KING RICHARD THE THIRD SINGS

Post  Lamplighter Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:32 pm

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 7 Empty PETER SELLARS PLAYING LAURENCE OLIVIER AS RICHARD lll

Post  Lamplighter Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:37 pm

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:03 pm

I think the most delicious thing is, that nowadays, Horrible Histories is regarded by most people as nearer the truth than the former conventional view of Richard. Well, except by David Starkey, of course.

I can see him exploding with apoplexy before the week is out. rofl
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:03 pm

Lovely LL.  I remember when the Peter Sellers Hard Days Night was first shown on TV.  Brilliant.

rofl rofl rofl rofl
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 7 Empty Richard III: Benedict Cumberbatch to play starring role at reinterment of King he's related to

Post  Lamplighter Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:23 am

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:30 am

I will make a confession, LL. I don't much rate Cumberbatch as an actor.

You know how Hugh Grant always gets the part of the floppy-haired upper class English idiot, nice but a bit dim?

To me, Cumberbatch always plays the English eccentric, and is prone to, Look at me, aren't I eccentric! acting.

I will, of course, be happy to be proven wrong on this occasion.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:00 pm

I'm glad someone else things that.  I don't care for him much at all and I do find his looks somewhat strange for an actor.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:30 pm

Cumbernatch and his parents Timothy Carlton and Wanda Wentham.   i haven't seen him in anything so can't comment. LL
Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 7 Sherlock1
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:45 pm

I stopped watching Sherlock Holmes because of him and his eccentric mannerisms, LL. I find him irritating, frankly, and he wouldn't have been my first choice for this.

Maybe he can rise to the occasion and get through it without flaring his nostrils to indicate emotion. I hope so. I can think of a far better, more obvious, home-grown actor to do it.

Richard Armitage @RCArmitage  ·  Mar 22
RIP

Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 7 CAuer4hUgAAkpzn

He's an awesome actor, a Ricardian - and doesn't flare his nostrils to indicate emotion.

That still of Cumberbatch 'smouldering' puts me off watching it, frankly, thoughI watched the first series of The Hollow Crown and thoroughly enjoyed it.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:07 pm

Unfortunatel Cumberbatch has about the same amount of talent as his mother which is not much. His dad is a good character actor. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:12 pm

To me, Cumberbatch is just a luvvie, LL, who seems to have cornered the market in playing English eccentrics. Richard Armitage, on the other hand, is a heavyweight actor - interestingly he's always refused to appear as Shakespeare's Richard because of the damage the play has done.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:19 pm

bb1 wrote:To me, Cumberbatch is just a luvvie, LL, who seems to have cornered the market in playing English eccentrics. Richard Armitage, on the other hand, is a heavyweight actor - interestingly he's always refused to appear as Shakespeare's Richard because of the damage the play has done.
I don't 'know' Richard Armitage as I have never seen anything he has been in. Did you know that in 1959 Oliver Reed played Richard of Gloucester and he was very good. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:35 pm

I can believe that, LL - Armitage is another actor with a bit of 'presence'. It's hard to explain...some have it, and you forget that they are acting, and others don't?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:39 pm

I actually think that, as a modern 'Richard', it will be hard to beat Aneurin Bevan, who played him in the otherwise-awful White Queen, and stole the whole show.

He played Richard as a real, and rather likeable, person, minus any limping, hunch-backerry or nephew-killing, just at the very time the real one was found. It was a brave step for a young actor, but certainly paid off.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 7 Empty Questions raised over Queen’s ancestry after DNA test on Richard III’s cousins

Post  Lamplighter Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:47 pm

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 7 Empty King Richard III: Special digital edition now available to download

Post  Lamplighter Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:56 pm

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next