JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Paulo Pereira Cristóvão in trouble - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Paulo Pereira Cristóvão in trouble - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Paulo Pereira Cristóvão in trouble - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Paulo Pereira Cristóvão in trouble - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Paulo Pereira Cristóvão in trouble - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Paulo Pereira Cristóvão in trouble - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Paulo Pereira Cristóvão in trouble - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Paulo Pereira Cristóvão in trouble - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Paulo Pereira Cristóvão in trouble - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Paulo Pereira Cristóvão in trouble

+2
bb1
Pedro Silva
6 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Paulo Pereira Cristóvão in trouble - Page 2 Empty Re: Paulo Pereira Cristóvão in trouble

Post  Sabot Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:44 pm

bb1 wrote:If investigations prove Cristovao has been bribing referees, on top of everything else, in a football-mad nation like Portugal, he's liable to be lynched by infuriated fans, Sabot.

And who knows what else will be found when the PJ start going through his finances? He can hardly start shrieking about his 'honour', can he?

I dear, Bonny. I wouldn't want that to happen. For him to be lynched that is. I really don't like violence. I would much rather he went to a nice, safe prison for a year or ten. He's bound to have lots of friends in there with him, so he won't get lonely or anything depressing like that.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Paulo Pereira Cristóvão in trouble - Page 2 Empty Re: Paulo Pereira Cristóvão in trouble

Post  lily Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:44 pm

crazytony wrote:The process is secret justice by the Sporting Clube de Portugal refrained from at this stage to weave any considerations about the same," said the club.

Does that mean it will be in tomorrows Portuguese newspapers biggrin

I bet it won't for him, Tony. Only when it suits them...... Pcorneater
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:46 pm

I would think so, Tony. This FOOTBALL. In Portugal.

Can you imagine what would happen if some not-very-popular American figure was accused of bribing referees in, say, the World Series?

It's the sort of thing that knocks wars, disasters, everything off the front page.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:48 pm

crazytony wrote:The process is secret justice by the Sporting Clube de Portugal refrained from at this stage to weave any considerations about the same," said the club.

Does that mean it will be in tomorrows Portuguese newspapers biggrin

Probably. But they can always leave it to me, and a few others I know. They'd be wasting their time applying for an EAW It's not an offence in France or UK. And I don't suppose it is in America either.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:55 pm

Oh my, it is getting better, I mean worse biggrin , by the hour.

http://www.dn.pt/desporto/sporting/interior.aspx?content_id=2416475

"The decision does not contain any assumption of guilt"

by DN.pt with Lusa Today

Paulo Pereira Cristóvão in trouble - Page 2 Ng1898646

Lions Vice President called for the suspension of the mandate following the "if Joseph Cardinal", justifying its decision with the "best interests" of Sporting.

Paul Christopher Pereira on Thursday justified the request for suspension of his term as vice president of Sporting with the "best interests", rejecting, in a statement sent to the agency Lusa, that this act represents "assumption of guilt."
"Face to what happened, I realized that being my personal honesty, and as a manager in question must submit to the President of the Board of Directors with immediate effect, my application for suspension of office as vice president of the Board of Directors of the Sporting Clube de Portugal, "said Paulo Pereira Christopher.
"This decision does not contain any assumption of guilt, on the contrary, and must be solely and exclusively with what we understand to be the best interests of the Sporting Clube de Portugal," he said.
The vice president of Sporting with the mandate has been suspended confirmed defendant constituted a slander complaint process, as well as carrying out investigations at home and in your company as well as the Estadio Jose Alvalade, with the club that Leo had already informed in its official website.
"In today searches were carried out to my house, my company and the premises of the Estadio Jose Alvalade, and during which I was made a defendant in a slander complaint process," said Paul Christopher Pereira, without further details: "On this matter at this stage, I believe that nothing should state ".

================

"The decision does not contain any assumption of guilt"

MWAHAHAHAHAAHA rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:58 pm

And what is this?

during which I was made a defendant in a slander complaint process

Who's he been bad-mouthing now?

You couldn't make it up rofl rofl rofl
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:59 pm

I realized that being my personal honesty
Oh I Like The Above, Personal Honesty, Yeah right rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:02 pm

I want some clarification of this Trap someone is supposed to have set for The Referee, Joseph Cardinal. That doesn't sound like Bribery to me. It sounds as though someone set him up.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:05 pm

crazytony wrote:I realized that being my personal honesty
Oh I Like The Above, Personal Honesty, Yeah right rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Everyone else has to put up with The PJ and Tom, Dick and Harry leaking stuff, so why shouldn't he. When did Honesty ever come into it?
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:13 pm

http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/ultima-hora/perfil-de-paulo-pereira-cristovao

Profile of Paulo Pereira Critóvão:

he was born in Lisbon in 1969. In 1990 he joined the staff of the Judicial Police from where he left in early 2007 to found a business intelligence company.

In 2009 candidate for president of the Sporting, but ends up losing to Jose Eduardo Bettencourt.

Appears in the list of the current president Godinho Lopes in the last election, having been with the 'folder' Heritage and Infrastructure.

He is the author of the works 'The Star of Joana "and" The Star of Madeleine'

comment about him, at CDM / Correio da Manhã:

"HUM ... with 21 years joins the ranks of PJ? And why was he sacked?"
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:15 pm

So, cristóvão says: I realized that being my personal honesty", then, why have you been sacked from pj?
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:22 pm

I don't think he's going to be able to sweep this one under the carpet:

Christopher Pereira suspends mandate in the Sporting
Vice President 'Leo' was established defendant in ' where Cardinal 'and decided to stay current term. Request was accepted by Sporting , which does no more comments.

Bruno Roseiro (www.expresso.pt)
17:53 Thursday, April 12, 2012
5 3

3 comments
Christopher Paul Pereira, vice president of Sporting, today suspended the mandate as a result of investigations made in connection with the case 'Cardinal'. The request was accepted by the club leader, Godinho Lopes, and has immediate effect.

In a statement on the site official Sporting admitted carrying out searches in the Jose Alvalade stadium by the Public Prosecutor and the Judicial Police, "having been given all the assistance requested."

In parallel, the club refused to weave any comment on the case because "the process is secret justice."

PJ is two defendants

After the searches made at Alvalade and at home and in the company of Paul Christopher Pereira, the director and an employee of his company were made defendants by qualified slanderous denunciation, a crime that has a frame between criminal fine and three years in prison.

In this sense, there must be convinced by authorities that the deposit of two thousand euros made in Madeira, the account of Joseph Cardinal assistant referee, has been a 'trap' prepared by Paulo Pereira Christopher.

Ler mais: http://expresso.sapo.pt/pereira-cristovao-suspende-mandato-no-sporting=f718673#ixzz1rrb3xfru
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:28 pm

What a bunch. You could not make this up at all.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggs Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:29 pm

After the searches made at Alvalade and at home and in the company of Paul Christopher Pereira, the director and an employee of his company were made defendants by qualified slanderous denunciation, a crime that has a frame between criminal fine and three years in prison.

I hope Grimes was at this search with Eddie & Keela. Do you think Gonc was one of the ball boy's?.

Maggs
Maggs
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:29 pm

You´re right bb1:

"If investigations prove Cristovao has been bribing referees, on top of everything else, in a football-mad nation like Portugal, he's liable to be lynched by infuriated fans, Sabot.

And who knows what else will be found when the PJ start going through his finances? He can hardly start shrieking about his 'honour', can he?".

so, cristóvão have also rotten secrets, which explains why he and amaral are so friendly each other, they are the same, the more cristóvão´s dirty secrets are exposed the better.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:46 pm

I really didn't forsee reading the sports section of CdM at the start of the day...

http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/ultima-hora/apaf-considera-jose-cardinal-inocente-ate-prova-em-contrario

PAFF considers Joseph Cardinal innocent "until proven otherwise"
Gustavo Sousa said on Wednesday that the direction of the Portuguese Association of Football Referees (APAF), for which he chairs, Cardinal Joseph trusts. The international assistant referee, the Judicial Police (PJ) is investigating on suspicion of corruption have received a deposit of two thousand euros days before the Sporting-Maritime for the Cup of Portugal.

"This case is in secrecy. We can not do any investigation. We trust the referee until proven otherwise. It is a professional who deserves all the respect. Was in South Africa to perform duties on the day of the World Cup, "said Gustavo Sousa.
Joseph Cardinal was appointed to this game but was eventually replaced citing personal reasons. The case was triggered by Sporting, which after receiving a complaint reported the situation to Fernando Gomes.
The president of the Portuguese Football Federation had after meetings with the national director of the PJ and the attorney general's office, who has made the case and that motivated the research.
Asked about the instability that the revelation of this situation may cause a time in which they play the last rounds of the championship, Gustavo Sousa replied that "this question must be made to those who made the complaint."

-------------------------

Am I getting this right, Pedro? The mystery money turned up in the referee's bank account; Cristovao made some kind of allegation about the referee, but when the PJ investigated, the money was - allegedly - traced back to Cristovao's company?

If the head of the PJ and the Attorney General are involved already, then this is being taken very seriously indeed?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:53 pm

In this sense, there must be convinced by authorities that the deposit of two thousand euros made in Madeira, the account of Joseph Cardinal assistant referee, has been a 'trap' prepared by Paulo Pereira Christopher.
Hang on a minute, I am getting confused.
Reading the above quote, I get from it, Cristóvão has tried to frame the referee?

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:54 pm

Yes bb1, you´re right, that´s what it seems.

Last edited by Pedro Silva on Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:56 pm

Think in terms of someone trying to set up The Referee for some reason, Bonny. This is sounding much more serious than bribery.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:58 pm

crazytony wrote:In this sense, there must be convinced by authorities that the deposit of two thousand euros made in Madeira, the account of Joseph Cardinal assistant referee, has been a 'trap' prepared by Paulo Pereira Christopher.
Reading the above quote, I get from it, Cristóvão has tried to frame the referee?

That's what I get, Tony. It sounds like an attempt to blackmail The Referee.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:04 pm

There's big money in match-fixing, not so much for the prestige of any team - but because so much money is bet on winners and losers.

If - repeat, IF - this is what Cristovao is involved in, he is in very big legal trouble indeed.

Also, he is liable to be lynched by infuriated Portuguese football fans.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:09 pm

Sabot wrote:
crazytony wrote:In this sense, there must be convinced by authorities that the deposit of two thousand euros made in Madeira, the account of Joseph Cardinal assistant referee, has been a 'trap' prepared by Paulo Pereira Christopher.

That's what I get, Tony. It sounds like an attempt to blackmail The Referee.
Thank goodness Sabot, I thought I was losing it more than usual.

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:14 pm

Bribery and Corruption appear to be so common place in Portugal that it is possible they thought The Referee would collapse in fear and do what they wanted because he would find it difficult to prove he was innocent.
It sounds to me as though The Referee found out or was threaten, and promptly reported them.

Is this a good time to mention that jolly old Tide turning?
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:15 pm

That makes three of us, Tony; the whole thing is mindboggling, and googlespeak doesn't really help, what with lions appearing in the middle of it....all background information from Pedro is much appreciated.

I am gobsmacked at this; but, it is precisely the sort of scandal, totally out of the blue, that is most likely to bring the whole corrupt shower down.

It's not politics, it's not the normal sort of crime, it's football - the one thing guaranteed to cause national outrage in Portugal, with its proud footballing history.

You can say the tide is turning if I can say the house of cards is tumbling down, Sabot. biggrin
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggs Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:16 pm

bb1 wrote:There's big money in match-fixing, not so much for the prestige of any team - but because so much money is bet on winners and losers.

If - repeat, IF - this is what Cristovao is involved in, he is in very big legal trouble indeed.

Also, he is liable to be lynched by infuriated Portuguese football fans.

About time this corrupt lot were bought to book!

Wasn't it Cristovao, who had something to do with a top Portuguese football club, some time ago?

I wonder why they would travel all the way from Lisbon to Madeira to put money in the refs bank account. I can't see them doing this over the internet or by phone.
This is going to be BIG, when the Shytehitsfan

Maggs
Maggs
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next