JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Paulo Pereira Cristóvão in trouble - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Paulo Pereira Cristóvão in trouble - Page 4 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Paulo Pereira Cristóvão in trouble - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Paulo Pereira Cristóvão in trouble - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Paulo Pereira Cristóvão in trouble - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Paulo Pereira Cristóvão in trouble - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Paulo Pereira Cristóvão in trouble - Page 4 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Paulo Pereira Cristóvão in trouble - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Paulo Pereira Cristóvão in trouble - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Paulo Pereira Cristóvão in trouble

+2
bb1
Pedro Silva
6 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Paulo Pereira Cristóvão in trouble - Page 4 Empty Re: Paulo Pereira Cristóvão in trouble

Post  Maggs Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:31 pm

crazytony wrote:
bb1 wrote:I should think the honest and dedicated officers in the PJ are sick to death of this clique getting them all tarred with the same brush, Tony.

As Sabot says, that clique are arrogant - look at the comments about Cristovao moralising about other people.
He also wrote a book about Madeleine, didn't he?

He wrote 2 Tony, one about Joana and one about Madeleine.
And this creep set up a missing children organisation.
Maggs
Maggs
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Paulo Pereira Cristóvão in trouble - Page 4 Empty Re: Paulo Pereira Cristóvão in trouble

Post  Sabot Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:35 pm

Maggs wrote:
Sabot wrote:
The Referee being in Africa at the time of the deposit, didn't help. I bet they never made allowances for that.
Sabot, but that was the ideal time, or so crooked Cristavao thought. Just like Gonc used to leak things when he thought the McCann's were out of the way.

I expect he did think that, Maggs. But he forgot that the referee couldn't deposit money in his account if he wasn't in the country at the time.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:37 pm

Maggs wrote:
crazytony wrote:
bb1 wrote:I should think the honest and dedicated officers in the PJ are sick to death of this clique getting them all tarred with the same brush, Tony.

As Sabot says, that clique are arrogant - look at the comments about Cristovao moralising about other people.

Oh what a glowing example he is....not mad

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:46 pm

The good news is that I have found an English-language report.

The bad news is that it is the Daily Star...of Lebanon.

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/Sports/Football/2012/Apr-12/170066-sporting-lisbon-official-indicted.ashx#axzz1rsB8L1Vl

Sporting Lisbon official indicted
April 12, 2012 09:09 PM

LISBON: Sporting Lisbon vice-president Paulo Pereira Cristovao said Thursday that he has been indicted on charges of making false accusations.

"Searches took place today (Thursday) at my home, my business and the Jose Alvalade Stadium during which I was indicted in an inquiry for false accusation," Pereira Cristovao said in a statement issued to the Lusa news agency.

The club confirmed in a statement that their stadium had been searched by police.

"Vice president Paulo Pereira Cristovao has requested the suspension of his mandate which has been accepted with immediate effect," the club statement added.

According to press reports, retired police inspector Pereira Cristovao, is alleged to have "set a trap" for an assistant referee officiating at Portuguese Cup quarter-final match between Sporting and Maritimo last December.

The referree was the subject of a probe after his bank account allegedly received a cash payment of 2,000 euros days before the match.

Sporting Lisbon are fourth in the league 13 points behind leaders FC Porto.

------------

'False accusations', is it? Team Gonc seem awfully keen on making those.

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:53 pm

Well if he's been caught out then he would have to say something. What better than to accuse the innocent party.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:58 pm

Sabot wrote:
Well if he's been caught out then he would have to say something. What better than to accuse the innocent party.

Well, if it's worked for him before....

The story is being picked up by the sports pages:

http://europeandaily.com/sport/

Sporting board member quits after defamation charge
Sporting vice-president Paulo Pereira Cristovao has stepped down after being charged with defamation by the public prosecutor following a police raid on the club's headquarters, he said in a statement reported by local media.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggs Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:04 pm

crazytony wrote:
Maggs wrote:
crazytony wrote:

Oh what a glowing example he is....not mad

Cristavao wrote this book in March 2008. So how did he get information about witness statements? The PJ hadn't even been to the UK or any files released at this time.

Mr Gonc's sticky little mits all over this, AGAIN!!
Maggs
Maggs
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:06 pm

bb1 wrote:
Sabot wrote:

Well, if it's worked for him before....

The story is being picked up by the sports pages:

http://europeandaily.com/sport/

Sporting board member quits after defamation charge
Sporting vice-president Paulo Pereira Cristovao has stepped down after being charged with defamation by the public prosecutor following a police raid on the club's headquarters, he said in a statement reported by local media.

If he arranged the payment, which is looking likely, and then accused the referee of taking a bribe then it would be Defamation, wouldn't it. And if you think about it then what else could he say.

And he has been Charged, and not just made an Arguido. It's looking like he done it.
Allegedly.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:08 pm

bb1 wrote:The good news is that I have found an English-language report.

The bad news is that it is the Daily Star...of Lebanon.

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/Sports/Football/2012/Apr-12/170066-sporting-lisbon-official-indicted.ashx#axzz1rsB8L1Vl

Sporting Lisbon official indicted
April 12, 2012 09:09 PM

LISBON: Sporting Lisbon vice-president Paulo Pereira Cristovao said Thursday that he has been indicted on charges of making false accusations.

"Searches took place today (Thursday) at my home, my business and the Jose Alvalade Stadium during which I was indicted in an inquiry for false accusation," Pereira Cristovao said in a statement issued to the Lusa news agency.

The club confirmed in a statement that their stadium had been searched by police.

"Vice president Paulo Pereira Cristovao has requested the suspension of his mandate which has been accepted with immediate effect," the club statement added.

According to press reports, retired police inspector Pereira Cristovao, is alleged to have "set a trap" for an assistant referee officiating at Portuguese Cup quarter-final match between Sporting and Maritimo last December.

The referree was the subject of a probe after his bank account allegedly received a cash payment of 2,000 euros days before the match.

Sporting Lisbon are fourth in the league 13 points behind leaders FC Porto.

------------

'False accusations', is it? Team Gonc seem awfully keen on making those.

So it was, a setup. Can he wriggle his way out of this one? Reading the comments from various Portuguese papers/readers. They have little faith that the Portuguese Judiciary will prosecute Paulo Pereira Cristovao. Their reasoning is, he is an ex cop and the brotherhood stick together.

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:21 pm

It's going to take at least five years to get him to Court, Tony. Anything could happen.
EAW, anyone. Although I don't expect him to head for Britain.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:30 pm

Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:32 pm

http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/exclusivo-cm/subornos-no-futebol-investigados

Fraud
Bribes investigated in football
Judicial investigates allegations of corruption at the highest level of Portuguese football. The whole story in CM

I wouldn't be surprised if this moved faster than usual, Sabot, as it's football.

Paulo Pereira Cristóvão in trouble - Page 4 Paulo+Crist%C3%B3v%C3%A3o

I doubt if he is any too happy at having to quit; he is very much the Lord and Master in all the football photos.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:44 pm

Just when you think it's all gone quiet and boring another atrocity occurs. And it is an atrocity if he is defaming a Professional Referee This sort of mud sticks unless there is absolute proof of innocence.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:49 pm

I don't see Sporting Lisbon wanting this mud to stick for long, Sabot - the speed of his 'resignation' speaks volumes, IMO.

Oh well, it will give him more time to follow Gonc around and try to stop him saying anything too stupid...

Paulo Pereira Cristóvão in trouble - Page 4 Ng188110
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:53 pm

I thought he was just suspended at his request?

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:55 pm

I find it quite fascinating that he has been CHARGED with some rapidity.

PS. I think Gonc should stand up for his friend, preferably loudly, on Television.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:55 pm

He says it was at his request, Tony, just like Gonc says he 'retired'..... Wink
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:07 pm

bb1 wrote:He says it was at his request, Tony, just like Gonc says he 'retired'..... Wink
Ah, of course, silly me. biggrin

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:09 pm

Sabot wrote:I find it quite fascinating that he has been CHARGED with some rapidity.

PS. I think Gonc should stand up for his friend, preferably loudly, on Television.
But it's soccer Sabot. The europeans are soccer mad and they don't like folks cheating the game.

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:35 pm

crazytony wrote:
Sabot wrote:I find it quite fascinating that he has been CHARGED with some rapidity.

But it's soccer Sabot. The europeans are soccer mad and they don't like folks cheating the game.

I was just hoping they could all go down together, Tony. Old Boys Network and all that.
As it is, I doubt we will hear even a squeak out of any of them.

But you have to be impressed by the power of Karma. That is truly AWESOME.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:38 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/feedarticle/10192122

By Daniel Alvarenga
LISBON, April 12 (Reuters) - Sporting vice-president Paulo Pereira Cristovao stepped down on Thursday after being charged with defamation by the public prosecutor following a police raid on the club's headquarters, he said in a statement reported by local media.
"Today searches were carried out to my house, to my company and to the Jose Alvalade Stadium, as part of a process in which I was charged with defamation," Cristovao said in the statement reported by state news agency LUSA.
"My decision to quit does not mean that I accept that I am guilty, on the contrary, it is only to serve the higher interests of Sporting," he added.
Local media reported that Cristovao had taken steps to damage the reputation of match referee Jose Cardinal ahead of the Portuguese Cup quarter-final between Sporting and Maritimo at the Alvalade on Dec. 22.
The prosecutor's office on Thursday told Reuters it had opened an investigation into the affair in December after Portuguese Football Federation (FPF) president Fernando Gomes had raised concerns about illegal activity.
The FPF took Cardinal off the Cup match for what it called "personal reasons". Sporting beat fellow top flight side Maritimo 3-0 and have since reached the final in which they will play Academica on May 20.
Sporting issued a statement on their official website (www.sporting.pt) on Thursday saying: "Searches were made at the Jose Alvalade stadium by the prosecutor's office and police and we fully cooperated."
Sporting added that Cristovao, a former police inspector, had asked to be relieved of his duties but the club said they could not provide further details about the reasons for his request or why the police had searched the club.
Referee Cardinal, 45, a former postman from Porto, was a linesman at the 2010 World Cup finals in South Africa.
($1 = 0.7590 euros) (Reporting by Daniel Alvarenga; Editing by Ken Ferris)

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:57 pm

Good find, Tony!

"My decision to quit does not mean that I accept that I am guilty, on the contrary, it is only to serve the higher interests of Sporting," he added.

He sounds as convincing as a politician 'retiring to spend more time with the family' after he's been caught with a rent boy.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:03 am

It's that Proverbial Honour again. They've all got it. It must be catching.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:47 am

Okay. Who's been made an Arguido while I wasn't watching?
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:11 am

http://expresso.sapo.pt/pj-suspeita-de-armadilha-a-arbitro=f718572

The PJ suspects an attempt was made to trap a referee

Investigations about a deposit made to the bank account of José Cardinal led to searches at the Sporting HQ and in the house and company of the club’s vice president, Paulo Pereira Cristovão.

The PJ today carried out searches at the Sporting HQ, a source linked to the case has confirmed to Lusa.

According to SIC Notícias, investigations are still going on in the house and company of the vice president of the “Lions”, Paulo Pereira Cristóvão, these searches could be related to the investigation of a possible case of football corruption.

According to the on-line edition of "Correio da Manhã", Paulo Pereira Cristóvão, former PJ inspector and an employee of his company were made arguidos.

“DN” reports that a person with professional links to Cristovão’s company, Primus-Lex, travelled to Madeira and made a deposit on José Cardinal’s account.

According to "Diário de Notícias", the PJ are investigating a suspicion of corruption of the referee José Cardinal, who received 2000 euros in bank notes on his bank account a few days before the Sporting and Marítimo match, in the Portuguese Taça quarter finals.

The referee had been appointed for the match in question but was replaced by the Arbitration Council of the Portuguese Football Federation.

According to DN, it was Sporting itself which, after receiving a complaint, communicated the situation to the PFF president, Fernando Gomes, who subsequently informed the PJ and the Public Prosecutor.

On Wednesday, the president of Sporting, Godinho Lopes, confirmed the existence of an investigation into suspicion of corruption in the Lions club match, apologising for not being able to provide more information, because the case is subject to judicial secrecy.

Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next