JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Horse meat found in Tesco, etc., burgers

+5
Jean-Pierre.t50
lily
muratfan
Pedro Silva
bb1
9 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers Empty Horse meat found in Tesco, etc., burgers

Post  bb1 Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:45 pm

Horse meat in Tesco burgers: Supermarket apologises after food watchdog's findings
Scientific tests on some beef products found low levels of horse DNA
However one offering from Tesco's Value range had 29% horse meat
Retailers have told food safety chiefs they are removing the products
Horse also found in Dunnes Stores, Lidl, Aldi beef products
By SEAN POULTER
PUBLISHED: 20:15, 15 January 2013 | UPDATED: 22:32, 15 January 2013
Comments (226)

Beefburgers sold by Tesco and other supermarkets have been found to contain horse meat, it emerged last night.
Tests on products from four chains showed a third were contaminated.
Most revealed only small traces but in one Tesco offering 29 per cent of the 'beef' content was actually horse meat.

Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers Article-2262961-16F63350000005DC-672_634x309

Discovery: The DNA tests found horse in Tesco Everyday Value Beef Burgers (pictured)

Last night, Tesco issued an apology and said the suspect burgers had been withdrawn. It is likely however that thousands have been eaten, with many more still stored in home freezers.
The highest level of horse meat was found in the chain's Everyday Value beefburgers but traces were also detected in its frozen quarter pounders.
The revelations emerged following checks by Irish food safety experts.

The affected burgers were made at two sites in Ireland and one in North Yorkshire owned by Dalepak Foods.
Tesco confirmed the burgers had been on sale in the UK. Iceland said it has 'withdrawn from sale the two own-brand quarter pounder burger lines implicated in the study'.
Other products that tested positive for horse DNA included Aldi's Oakhurst Beef Burgers and Lidl's Moordale Beef Burgers.

The retailers have told food safety chiefs they are removing all implicated products from their shelves
Aldi said its product was on sale only in Ireland and had been withdrawn.
The DNA tests on 27 burgers showed very low levels of horse meat in nine and a much higher level in Tesco's value product.
Traces were also detected in batches of raw ingredients, including some imported from The Netherlands and Spain.
It is not illegal to buy or sell horse meat in the UK, but it is illegal not to declare every ingredient on food labels.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2262961/Horse-meat-Tesco-burgers-Supermarket-apologises-food-watchdogs-findings.html#ixzz2I5SOFf6R
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

vomit
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers Empty Re: Horse meat found in Tesco, etc., burgers

Post  bb1 Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:33 pm

Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers Dailymirror-1-329x437
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers Empty Re: Horse meat found in Tesco, etc., burgers

Post  bb1 Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:11 pm

http://thehoundingofthemccans.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/horscowpig-burgers-onsale-at-british.html

Quite, Tony. I am thankful that I don't eat red meat, or much meat at all, so I haven't scoffed Shergar.

Now, I can take the point that meat is meat....but how on earth did horse and pig get into them in the first place? The word 'beef' is a clue as to what they are supposed to be made of.....so what else has got into them?

It's not as if one horse somehow landed in the burger pile - it's a LOT of horse.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:26 pm

Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  muratfan Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:48 pm

I just checked the sell by date on my burgers.....said 3:15 Kempton
muratfan
muratfan
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:59 am

You iz bad muratfan. biggrin

Seriously though, this is so sad. Like Bonny, I don't each much meat. As for instance, how can you eat a cute woolly sheep? Let alone a gorgeous horse?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Jean-Pierre.t50 Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:50 pm

Because they taste good.

Jean-Pierre.t50
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:01 pm

biggrin
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:57 pm

I don't get what's wrong with Horse Meat. Horses die, they are hardly worth crying over after that. Or is it better to feed them to dogs?
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:12 pm

I think the big surprise is that valueburgers actually contain meat of any description, Sabot.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:35 pm

I had a bit to do with this sort of thing at one time in my life in a sort of monetary advisory capacity. And I discovered that if you mince up gristle and fat and other unmentionable parts often enough, like mince it several times through an industrial mincer, then it turns into something that passes as Meat, and you can be hard pushed to tell the difference. I know because I watched the process and then forced myself to try a small sample. But The Company went bust anyway because it was beyond my help.
But if you want real, 100% Beef Burgers then you have to pay quite a lot for them, like more than double.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:43 pm

I don't like red meat, and haven't eaten it for years, Sabot. I woudn't thank you for a steak. But even when I did eat meat, I didn't eat junk meat.

IMO, the only way to know you are buying decent meat is from a local butcher, with sourced produce.

I shudder to think what goes into mass-produced sausages, etc.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  muratfan Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:47 pm

Not only that the BEEFBURGERS contained not only horsemeat but pig meat to...

Err BEEF burgers
muratfan
muratfan
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  muratfan Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:49 pm

Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers 137893654612795034113583616806AvSMq3VpH8CEZZRC151
muratfan
muratfan
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  muratfan Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:50 pm

Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers 321298_448170208570216_533306751_n
muratfan
muratfan
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:54 pm

rofl rofl rofl
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  muratfan Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:04 am

Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers 734690_421366654624101_1363067094_n
muratfan
muratfan
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:03 pm

Horse meat scandal-hit Tesco at centre of Twitter backlash after customer care message which told followers its staff will 'hit the hay'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2264394/Horse-meat-scandal-hit-Tesco-centre-Twitter-backlash-customer-care-message-told-followers-staff-hit-hay.html#ixzz2IKOLZt7b
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Tesco need to get a grip on their PR people....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:26 pm

Just found a dead Hedgehog. Any ideas? Quite good roasted in mud, or so I am told. But whichever way you look at it the best of any dead horse will go for steaks. They generally only put crap in cheap burgers.

Well, not literally crap. At least I hope not.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:41 pm

Sabot wrote:
Just found a dead Hedgehog. Any ideas? Quite good roasted in mud, or so I am told.
Roast hedgepig(hog) is very tasty, believe me. Rather like chicken but a bit gamier. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:53 pm

Personally, I have great affection for Hedgehogs, LL. Dear little things. But then I expect I could get attached to a lamb or a chicken.

Interesting comment somewhere or another. Humans don't generally make a habit of eating dead carnivores. Not good for the human gut for some reason. But then The Ancients knew more about this than we do. However, I expect that I would eat anything if I was starving.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:59 pm

Roast hedgepig is a Roma delicacy, a Roma taught my mum how to cook them, later he showed me how. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:26 pm

Lamplighter wrote:Roast hedgepig is a Roma delicacy, a Roma taught my mum how to cook them, later he showed me how. LL

I know it is, LL. Incidentally, my Great Grand Daddy was a Roma, on the paternal side. A family of many males are we. I was the first girl child for at least three generations, me and my sister. And both she and I have only boy children. Not interesting in itself unless you are interested in genetics. My father actually looked like a Northern Indian man, as did all of his brothers. And I never wear hooped earrings. But you might have wondered about me in a Sari. What a beautiful thing that is to wear.
Roma originally came from Northern India.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:52 pm

Sabot wrote:
Lamplighter wrote:Roast hedgepig is a Roma delicacy, a Roma taught my mum how to cook them, later he showed me how. LL

I know it is, LL. Incidentally, my Great Grand Daddy was a Roma, on the paternal side. A family of many males are we. I was the first girl child for at least three generations, me and my sister. And both she and I have only boy children. Not interesting in itself unless you are interested in genetics. My father actually looked like a Northern Indian man, as did all of his brothers. And I never wear hooped earrings. But you might have wondered about me in a Sari. What a beautiful thing that is to wear.
I knew it - we do have things in common. I have Roma blood via my mother! LL hug cuddle
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:10 pm

Lamplighter wrote:
Sabot wrote:

I knew it - we do have things in common. I have Roma blood via my mother! LL hug cuddle

Tis a strange thing, LL. The Roma wandered far and wide because they are wanderers. I actually chose to live in a Caravan for several years, albeit a slightly up market versions, at a time when I didn't even know why I wanted to. My first two sons were born and originally raise in a caravan.
Mothers, Fathers? Who knows? But it never quite leaves you. But we are kind people. And this might explain for why I can manage to live anywhere in peace.
I have actually lost count of the places in which I have lived. Scotland was my best place, apart from Singapore.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next