JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers - Page 3 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Horse meat found in Tesco, etc., burgers

+5
Jean-Pierre.t50
lily
muratfan
Pedro Silva
bb1
9 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers - Page 3 Empty Re: Horse meat found in Tesco, etc., burgers

Post  lily Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:34 pm

Lamplighter wrote:
lily wrote:Joking aside, this is dreadful.

Remember the movie, Soylent Green? Eek
Oh yes, but cannibalism is not suspected .... so far!!!! LL vomit Eek

Eek Eek Eek
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers - Page 3 Empty Re: Horse meat found in Tesco, etc., burgers

Post  Pedro Silva Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:52 pm

Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:10 pm

Pedro Silva wrote:My friends, this was taken from Sky News:

http://news.sky.com/story/1050378/horsemeat-legal-action-starts-in-europe
Interesting video on there with a haulage driver; note his comments re Morrisons at the end. Looks like they do use stringent rules re their meats etc, pity some of the bigger supermarkets don't do the same. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:19 pm

I won't be eating processed ANYTHING again, LL. I hadn't been able to look at sausages, etc., for years, and only had the flaming findus lasagne in the freezer as it was a quick meal with salad, and I didn't think there was much meat in it anyway.

I assumed it was bulked out with soya or similar; it didn't occur to me it was horse or worse.

I couldn't eat a big lump of meat, but I am not telling other people not to. This is what comes of stupid Brits thinking cheap food was as good as more expensive, properly sourced food.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:33 pm

I agree with what you say, but some people, especially those on the breadline, have no choice; little money means they have to buy the prepacked foods, which are so much cheaper than properly produced items. Me, I never eat processed food, I like to cook so all my food is fresh. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:46 pm

I bought another Intermarche own brand Lasagne today in case they start pulling them off the shelves. I know it tastes really okay, and at 1 Euro 50 Centimes for a kilo I am one of the people who can't afford to be too fussy.

I also had a bit of a laugh with the Butcher about some minced up Dog Food. I wanted to know if it was Lungs and other Offal, but he assured me it was Veal, so I gave up and bought it, short of insulting him with some misunderstanding about Horses. Although his English is improving.
Yes, I know I haven't got a dog, but I expect I will have shortly, and fresh dog meat is not easily come by, so I buy it when I see it.
And I wouldn't dream of feeding any dog of mine on dried or tinned dog food. What they put in that is really disgusting.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Jean-Pierre.t50 Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:50 pm

bb1 wrote:I won't be eating processed ANYTHING again, LL. I hadn't been able to look at sausages, etc., for years, and only had the flaming findus lasagne in the freezer as it was a quick meal with salad, and I didn't think there was much meat in it anyway.

I assumed it was bulked out with soya or similar; it didn't occur to me it was horse or worse.

I couldn't eat a big lump of meat, but I am not telling other people not to. This is what comes of stupid Brits thinking cheap food was as good as more expensive, properly sourced food.

Stick to freshly shot haggis. Bonny. You know it makes sense.

Jean-Pierre.t50
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:55 pm

Yes, nothing like wild haggis, is there? I can never decide if I like the mountain ones that eat heather, or the ones from the isles, that eat seaweed, best.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:56 pm

Someone could make a fortune here selling Haggis and Scotch Pies. Oh how I long for Scotch Pie or ten.

PS. Harrod's Scotch Pies are disgusting.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:02 pm

Sabot wrote:Someone could make a fortune here selling Haggis and Scotch Pies. Oh how I long for Scotch Pie or ten.

Ah, memories, a Scotch Pie and some mashed spud on a ferry going from Scrabster on the mainland of Scotland to Stromness, flower of the Orkneys, heaven!!!! LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:14 pm

Lamplighter wrote:
Sabot wrote:Someone could make a fortune here selling Haggis and Scotch Pies. Oh how I long for Scotch Pie or ten.

Ah, memories, a Scotch Pie and some mashed spud on a ferry going from Scrabster on the mainland of Scotland to Stromness, flower of the Orkneys, heaven!!!! LL

My experience of Scotch Pies was mainly restricted to The Naafi Wagon on the hardstanding many moons ago, LL, so I can tell the difference between a good one and a bad one. I have since spent many years trying to find a supply of decent ones, with lots of disappointments. The best ones come from small butchers in Scotland.
Anyone coming this way with a couple of dozen is welcome to a free holiday.

PS. I tried making them myself a couple of times, but I couldn't get the pastry right, or the content for that matter.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:22 pm

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:25 pm

That made me suddenly want one, topped off with baked beans....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:30 pm

bb1 wrote:That made me suddenly want one, topped off with baked beans....
I'll have mine with mashed spud! LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:28 pm

I'll just have two.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:45 pm

Sabot wrote:
I'll just have two.
Here you are, ma petite. LL

Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnNEDaynndHhGQy5QzDK4G6zhMUtH4OlYYbzUcAAB2Uzcz-Hw9ZgHorse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnNEDaynndHhGQy5QzDK4G6zhMUtH4OlYYbzUcAAB2Uzcz-Hw9Zg

Last edited by Lamplighter on Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:53 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1050762/horsemeat-found-in-tesco-spaghetti-meals

Tesco has confirmed that horsemeat has been detected in its Everyday Value Spaghetti Bolognese, which was taken off shelves last week.

The supermarket giant found levels of horse DNA exceeded 60% in some tests on the product, which was meant to contain only Irish beef.

Thankfully, I KNOW I haven't eaten that.

Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers - Page 3 Article-2277093-1783CC9D000005DC-757_634x472
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:30 pm

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:27 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1051259/horsemeat-scandal-uk-slaughterhouse-raided

The Food Standards Agency has raided a slaughterhouse involved in allegedly supplying horsemeat labelled as beef.

The FSA has shut down Peter Boddy Licensed Slaughterhouse in Todmorden, West Yorkshire, while it investigates allegations that it supplied horse caracasses to a meat business in Wales.

Officers from West Yorkshire and Dyfed-Powys police accompanied the FSA as they seized meat and paperwork from the Yorkshire abattoir and Farmbox Meats Ltd in Llandre, Aberystwyth.

The FSA and police are looking into the circumstances through which meat products, purporting to be beef for kebabs and burgers, were sold, which were in fact horse.

The FSA has suspended operations at both sites.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:30 pm

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:45 pm

Pork in meatballs sounds positively appetising in comparison....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:05 pm

Just had a lovely Lasagne. Neigh, neigh. Off for a quick canter.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:41 pm

Let us know if you have a first refusal at the fence, Sabot.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:08 pm

Fences? I don't jump fences, Lily. I even have trouble climbing over them these days.
Although there was a time.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:53 am

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next