JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Horse meat found in Tesco, etc., burgers

+5
Jean-Pierre.t50
lily
muratfan
Pedro Silva
bb1
9 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers - Page 2 Empty Re: Horse meat found in Tesco, etc., burgers

Post  bb1 Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:04 pm

I haven't updated this, not least due to nausea....

Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers - Page 2 Mirrortest-1-329x437

Nausea because I KNOW I have eaten Findus lasagne in the last year or so.....I am trying to tell myself that my digestive system may have known something my brain didn't, when I found red meat increasingly unpleasant.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers - Page 2 Empty Re: Horse meat found in Tesco, etc., burgers

Post  rhodes Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:10 pm

apparently it's not so much the horse meat per sé, but the jabs the horse may have had while alive which should never get in the food chain because they aren't sure of it's effects.
rhodes
rhodes
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:15 pm

It's not just that - what on earth else has been going into them? I can see food prices rocketting over this, though long-term, it should help local butchers with properly-sourced beef.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:09 pm

I have got two French Lasagnes in my freezer, and very good they are too, having eaten them before. No way am I ditching them.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:17 pm

Best not do a DNA test on them, Sabot. But if you get a strange desire to leap over fences, you'll know why.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:38 pm

bb1 wrote:Best not do a DNA test on them, Sabot. But if you get a strange desire to leap over fences, you'll know why.

If only I still could, Bonny. These Lasagnes cost 1 Euro 50 centimes, and I can't afford to be fussy. Besides, there is absolutely nothing wrong with them.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:51 pm

No, they probably punted the minced Shergar off on the stupid Brits, guessing few would know the difference.

From choice, I personally would no more eat horse than I would dog. Or human, come to that, so I am none too happy that I almost certainly have, courtesy of Findus.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:20 am

You have to laugh, Bonny. Who knows what we are eating? But I am much more concerned about Genetically Engineered Crops and hideous fertilizers than I am about dead meat. I have countless allergies and mostly all I can eat without fear is meat, but I don't talk about it much anymore because it is boring.
However, I don't have any problems with alcohol, thank Christ.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:45 am

I don't eat beef, ever, so I won't have had any horse. I prefer fish, personally, despite the mercury scares that erupt occasionally. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:54 am

Where was all the store firms quality control people?
Why were they not doing spot lab tests on the meat used by the suppliers?
Yes, the meat suppliers must shoulder some of the blame; but a lot of the blame must rest with the stores and their quality control directors who failed to check what their company was buying.

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:09 am

It seems they were checking it, Tony, for fat content, etc. What they weren't checking was its DNA...
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:28 am

Oddly enough - or maybe not - one outlet it is safe to eat meat at appears to be McDonalds.

Some of my farmer friends supply them, and I gather McDonalds are ultra-picky about sourcing their meat and vegetables.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:59 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2275166/Horse-meat-Police-called-Findus-Aldi-admits-meals-100-horse.html#axzz2KJEP0VHO

Oh my God, it was Rumanian horsemeat. vomit

Best do that traditional British thing and make jokes about it...

Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers - Page 2 Article-2275565-176E089F000005DC-75_634x475

Jokes are also doing the rounds about the criminal gangs allegedly involved disposing of rival gangs in a Sweeney Todd-ish manner. Shocked
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:01 pm

Lamplighter wrote:I don't eat beef, ever, so I won't have had any horse. I prefer fish, personally, despite the mercury scares that erupt occasionally. LL

Wild Alaskan Salmon is still safe, LL. I can buy that here, and it's cheap.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:07 pm

Sabot wrote:
Lamplighter wrote:I don't eat beef, ever, so I won't have had any horse. I prefer fish, personally, despite the mercury scares that erupt occasionally. LL

Wild Alaskan Salmon is still safe, LL. I can buy that here, and it's cheap.
We have a fish farm just down the road, their fogas (pike-perch) is safe, so is their carp and we can also get tilapia from Norway here. I get my main fish supply delivered from a British store in the capital city that imports only the best stuff. And, anyway, after having consumed fish for the past 70 years, it's too late for me to start worrying now. LL

Last edited by Lamplighter on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:45 pm

My friends, this was taken from Correio da Manhã newspaper:

http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/ultima-hora/carne-de-cavalo-era-proveniente-da-romenia

also at the Findus brand

Horse meat was from Romania

The horse meat cooked detected in the Findus brand in which was indicated as beef, came from Romania, where he established the French group Spanghero, an indirect supplier of frozen giant.

The radio station France Info today indicated that Spanghero, a cooperative based in Castelnaudary, south France, acknowledged working with a slaughterhouse Romania, where slaughter cattle and horses.

Spanghero was identified as the source of the misunderstanding about the type of meat the three prepared by the Findus Comigel, a meat company also based in French and Mets, which the group identified himself frozen when the scandal became public in the United Kingdom .

The services fraud announced on Friday the opening of a research and Agriculture Minister Stéphane Le Foll, found that "not acceptable" "deceit" on the composition of the dishes Findus and assured that apply "necessary sanctions" .

As it had done in the UK a few hours earlier, Findus announced on Friday that France was suspending the sale of three of its dishes prepared due to the presence of horse meat instead of beef, as was indicated on the labels .

In Portugal, the investigations of the Food Safety Authority and Economic (ASAE) not sensed recent horse meat in foods like beef, told Lusa, on Friday, an official source at the Ministry of Economy.

"Following the news about the possible introduction of Horse meat in hamburger beef and / or pork occurred in England and Ireland, ASAE triggered a nationwide operation, which took place between 22 and 24 January in order to verify all the conditions of the food chain and take samples to ensure consumer safety and prevent fraudulent practices, "he told Lusa the same source.

These enforcement actions to 53 establishments "were not detected irregularities similar to those of the news in England and Ireland," said today the Ministry of Economy, which oversees the ASAE.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:46 pm

That's good news for you, Pedro, it seems to have been the UK it's been dumped on.

It's almost funny, the nation with more stupid elf'n'safety rules than any other in Europe is the one that's been scoffing horsemeat from Rumanian knackers' yards.

Doubtless the 'experts' were too busy checking it didn't have too much salt in it to check its DNA...
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:26 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1049900/horsemeat-scandal-an-international-conspiracy

Scotland Yard met with representatives from the FSA last night.

Substituting horse for beef was "fraud on the British public" and "people should buy what is on the label," he said.

Mr Paterson also warned that the scandal "could go deeper than we thought, and there may be further bad news to come."

Can it actually get WORSE?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:43 pm

Where ever would we be without our British humor? Spaghetti bologneighs.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:56 pm

Wild horses in Romania are being slaughtered and shipped to Britain as beef
The animals suffer appalling cruelty, including being beaten with crowbars

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2276403/Italian-Polish-mafia-gangs-blamed-horsemeat-scandal-government-warns-MORE-British-products-contaminated.html#ixzz2KV5qBWgw
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

ETA:

Asked if there were any plans to test for traces of other meats, such as dog, he replied: 'It may be very isolated, it might be a small number of suppliers involved in the horse trade we don't know.

Oh Lord, does that suggest that the government is going to reveal that there's dog and cat in them as well? vomit
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:09 pm

.... a 2007 readers' poll in the London magazine Time Out showed that 82% of respondents supported chef Gordon Ramsay's decision to serve horse meat in his restaurants.
Where that ghastly foul-mouthed cook is concerned that he would condone the practice doesn't surprise me in the slightest. LL

Last edited by Lamplighter on Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:22 pm

Sheesh, even I drawn the line a dog and cat. But what about rats?

France has long been putting "Pure Beef" on certain items, so I can only suppose that they know some things aren't pure beef because I doubt they would risk saying it otherwise.
Silly me, I thought it was just a boast.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:00 pm

Joking aside, this is dreadful.

Remember the movie, Soylent Green? Eek
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:11 pm

lily wrote:Joking aside, this is dreadful.

Remember the movie, Soylent Green? Eek
Oh yes, but cannibalism is not suspected .... so far!!!! LL vomit Eek
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:15 pm

As it seems the Mafia of several nations is involved, we may be talking Sweeney Todd here..... vomit
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next