JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers - Page 4 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers - Page 4 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Horse meat found in Tesco, etc., burgers

+5
Jean-Pierre.t50
lily
muratfan
Pedro Silva
bb1
9 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers - Page 4 Empty Re: Horse meat found in Tesco, etc., burgers

Post  bb1 Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:25 pm

Thanks, LL. Reading around, the problem does seem to be homegrown. It can't ALL have been imported from Rumania...

http://news.sky.com/story/1052658/horsemeat-found-in-schools-pubs-and-hotels

I didn't realise we'd been here before.....

The great horsemeat scandal... of 1948: Archive newsreel shows UK food chain was rocked by the same crisis 65 years ago
Newsreel company British Pathe has re-released the historical footage
Two million Brits feared to have eaten horse without knowing
It was legal to buy horse meat from butchers in 1948

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2278692/The-great-horsemeat-scandal--1948-Archive-newsreel-shows-UK-food-chain-rocked-crisis-65-years-ago.html#ixzz2KyQtkNIM
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

It's interesting that the majority of people in Britain DIDN'T eat horsemeat willingly, despite wartime shortages.

I am trying to forget the fact that I've eaten a Findus lasagne - I would no more knowlingly eat horse than I would dog or human.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Horse meat  found in Tesco, etc., burgers - Page 4 Empty Re: Horse meat found in Tesco, etc., burgers

Post  bb1 Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:34 pm

http://thehoundingofthemccans.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/now-its-donkeys-donkey-meat-is-found-at.html

Yeauch. vomit vomit vomit

The only horse product I can think of that has been on my plate is flaming Findus Lasagne. I don't even like red meat, but had that in the freezer as a standby, as it didn't have much meat in it and was OK with salad.

I assumed that Findus' idea of 'meat' was waving a stock cube over soya. It never occurred to me I was eating one of the fallers from the Grand National. vomit
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:50 pm

You may have also been eating donkey - so glad I don't eat beef, I love donkeys! LL

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/horse-meat-scandal-donkey-meat-1713934
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:57 pm

I'm still a bit worried about the Rats.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:58 pm

The only reason I had the Findus Lasange in the first place was that it bore little resemblance to red meat, LL - oh, the irony!

This was the last straw for me:

Yesterday three men arrested in a horse meat probe were released on bail. Dafydd Raw-Rees, 64, owner of Farmbox Meats, near Aberystwyth, an unnamed 42-year-old man also in Wales, and slaughterman Peter Boddy, 63, from Todmorden, West Yorkshire, were all held last week.

Mr Boddy was arrested on suspicion of providing horse carcasses to ­Farmbox Meats that were then passed off as beef.

Last week it emerged the slaughter-house owner had been paid to kill animals badly hurt in the Grand ­National. Mr Raw-Rees, who denies any wrongdoing, says horse carcasses are shipped in from Ireland.

I know it's legal to sell and eat horsemeat in the UK, but by and large, Brits do NOT eat horses, any more than they eat dogs and cats.

I personally find those who go out of their way to eat horsemeat in speciality restaurants as perverse as the Chinese who eat the most revolting things, imagining it somehow makes them strong.

But then, I eat to live, not the other way round, unlike these pretentious, self-appointed 'gourmets'.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:00 pm

Sabot wrote:

It is only acceptable to eat rat, cat, dog, horse or donkey, if you have foolishly invaded Russia, or if your town is being besieged by Infidels. Or, in the case of Paris in the 19th century, Germans.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:12 pm

bb1 wrote:
Sabot wrote:

It is only acceptable to eat rat, cat, dog, horse or donkey, if you have foolishly invaded Russia, or if your town is being besieged by Infidels. Or, in the case of Paris in the 19th century, Germans.

That's all very well, but who's telling?

"While we're about it, Sir, we chuck a few rats in now and again." I can't quite see them admitting that, somehow.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:13 pm

I will stick to fish, we have a fish farm here and the man who runs it is a conservationist. I get fresh duck and goose from a lady in the village who breeds them. I get eggs from my next door neighbour whose chickens are definitely free range, they are all over the place. I do eat lamb and pork, again from a local farm so I know it's the real stuff. Beef is not eaten much here, cows are kept for milk. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:24 pm

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:13 pm

Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4