JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Not Guilty. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Not Guilty. - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Not Guilty. - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Not Guilty. - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Not Guilty. - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Not Guilty. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Not Guilty. - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Not Guilty. - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Not Guilty. - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Not Guilty.

+2
bb1
Sabot
6 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Not Guilty. - Page 2 Empty Re: Not Guilty.

Post  bb1 Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:26 pm

Not Guilty. - Page 2 Bf0p5YICIAAW1bd
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:45 pm

It does seem that the egos that started that witch hunt cannot back down?  You know the saying about pride.........
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:09 pm

One can only assume that both the police and CPS lost all sense of objectivity and fell in line with the witchhunting hysteria, Lily.

Both organisations - and anyone else involved - need to explain to the public WTF they were thinking when they didn't do the most basic fact-checking.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:28 pm

Yes, it makes it appear like a shambles.  They will also have to tell the taxpayers why they squandered a whole heap of money and have stated that they will continue down the same path.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:58 pm

As the hounders had a fit of the vapours about Bill Roach's supposed sex life (which I somehow suspect was macho boasting) let's hope they never find out about Gene Simmons claims on the same subject.  rofl rofl rofl 
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:19 am

Love that guy.   rofl  rofl  rofl  rofl  rofl  rofl  rofl  rofl
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:48 am

I think they might be summing up on the Dave Lee Travis Case. Saying nothing at the moment.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:57 am

Yes, I believe so, Sabot.

Odd, isn't it, that somehow or other, three celeb trials all started at the very same time? What are the odds on that? Why, it's as if someone thought three celeb scalps would look good on their 'child abuse expert' CV!

Surely not!
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:09 am

And someone who obviously doesn't like Coronation Street, or celebrities in general.

But this all isn't doing much for the credibility of Jimmy Savile's accusers, is it. It was a wise man who decided not to prosecute him.

And I wholeheartedly agree with the opinion that there should be a time limit on these accusations.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:23 am

Sabot, I don't like Coronation Street, or celebrities in general. I don't watch soaps or reality TV, or these stupid Celebrity X Factor Dancing on Diving Boards shows.

I never did celeb-worship, they're just people, they go to the loo the same as the rest of us. But it seems to me that the people who are star-struck are the ones at the police and CPS who embarked on this celeb witch-hunt, having done naff-all for YEARS about young girls suffering most dreadfully at the hands of Asian gangs.

I guess it wasn't politically-correct to go after those undeniable scumbags? So much more acceptable to witch-hunt elderly 'celebrities' with a few quid in the bank?

This cannot go on, IMO. Either both accused and accuser are anonymous, or neither are - which means a return to the bad old days of GENUINE rape victims finding themselves virtually on trial.

The CPS cannot be allowed to carry on dragging people into court, on the word of anonymous accusers, without doing the most basic fact-checking that would have shown the claims were bogus.

Like the time-travelling Rolls Royce, and that garbage from the 'victim' who claimed that 'Mike Baldwin' warned her about Roach long before 'Mike Baldwin' appeared in Coronation Street.

That 'victim' didn't even seem to know that 'Mike Baldwin' isn't a real person...alarm bells should have been ringing long ago at the CPS, IMO.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:43 am

Absolutely correct, Bonny. The fact checking by The CPS was abysmal. This should be a crime.
I don't actually know what I would do with the little scum bags who blatantly colluded and lied, but anyone who thinks that this wasn't an attempt at Extortion by Law needs to do a reality check.

I sincerely hope that this latest rubbish will make them think twice.

PS. Apparently, during the course of the trial of William Roache there have been further allegations. What was this information supposed to suggest? But The CPS wouldn't dare, would they?
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:50 am

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the allegators decided they had misremembered when the gravy train hit the buffers, Sabot.  Wink 
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:54 am

BTW, this sort of circus is putting women's genuine rights back decades, trivialising a heinous crime by turning it into some kind of spectator sport for the prurient and grubby-minded, and is liable to lead to a situation where genuine victims of abuse are tarred with the same brush as the non-genuine.

It's also a reminder of how close to the surface witch-hunting still is in certain sections of society, that shrieking and pointing is being regarded as 'evidence'.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:56 am

bb1 wrote:I wouldn't be at all surprised if the allegators decided they had misremembered when the gravy train hit the buffers, Sabot.  Wink 

But why release this information in the first place? Except to discredit the trial and William Roache. This is the pits.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:02 am

I suspect that the CPS,  wker  and co were starting to panic when the judge threw one complaint out before it even went to the jury, Sabot. It was the first indication that their empire-building was under threat.

And yes, of course they'd concoct further smears if they thought it helped their cause and careers.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:17 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1208176/dlt-jury-to-ignore-william-roache-verdict

DLT Jury To Ignore William Roache Verdict
Judge Anthony Leonard sums up the trial telling the jury not to be "overawed or deflated by the interest this case has attracted".

By Michael Blair, Sky News Reporter
The judge in the trial of former BBC DJ Dave Lee Travis has instructed a jury to ignore any separate allegations against other celebrities when reaching its verdict.

The outcome of the William Roache trial, the Savile inquiry and the allegations against Rolf Harris are "irrelevant" to the case, Judge Anthony Leonard said.

"You cannot be unaware that the Savile inquiry has formed several inquiries into several people," he said.

He explained that the forthcoming Rolf Harris trial - also at Southwark Crown Court - and the William Roache case were "all irrelevant".

"There is no such thing as guilt by association. Ignore as irrelevant any allegations that have been made about others."

Referring to the historical nature of the alleged incidents, Judge Leonard said: "A lot has been made of the attitudes to sexual offences in the Seventies."

Although attitudes towards inappropriate behaviour might have changed over the years, the judge went on to say: "This trial is not the place for a debate about changing attitudes to sexual offences committed in the work place."

The jury was also advised not to focus on Travis' celebrity status or the media's interest in the case.

"The fact he is a well known personality does not change the rules or the way that you try this case," he said.

"Do not be overawed or deflated by the interest this case has attracted."

The 68-year-old denies 13 counts of indecent assault and one of sexual assault dating back to 1976.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:06 pm

I think they're of the idea that if you throw enough mud some of it will be sure to stick, brigade?  

I used to truly admire British justice........
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:12 pm

lily wrote:I think they're of the idea that if you throw enough mud some of it will be sure to stick, brigade?  

I used to truly admire British justice........

So did I, Lily. But if you can't trust The CPS then who can you trust?

Too many Indians and not enough Chiefs.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Jean-Pierre.t50 Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:02 pm

I think its a wtf moment:

From the Telegraph:

The defence also challenged the recollections of other alleged victims, who had been aged as young as 14 when the alleged assaults happened, and were able to show that their memories were not always accurate.

This may not have come as a surprise, but it nonetheless highlighted the problems of prosecuting historic allegations. Defendants, after all, only need to raise a reasonable doubt in jurors’ minds to secure an acquittal.

The prosecution also had to contend with Roache’s instantly-recognisable Coronation Street co-stars trooping into court to tell the jury that he was “lovely”, a “perfect gentleman”. They might also have added that he is a devotee of the obscure Pure Love Movement, a Manchester-based hippy group that believes “pure love conquers all”.

Speaking after Le Vell was acquitted in September, Mr Afzal said he had been described as a “celeb hunter” and detested the phrase “witch-hunt”, adding: “I am not shy about pursuing this type of case and will continue to do so.”

Roache’s acquittal also came as a devastating blow to his alleged victims, who came forward after he gave a TV interview talking about sleeping with 1,000 women and suggesting sex abuse victims were paying for what they had done in “previous lives”.

They said they had not reported the alleged attacks at the time they happened because they did not think anyone would believe their word against the word of Roache.

Emboldened by the Savile scandal, they told police of rapes and indecent assaults they said Roache had carried out when they were 14 and 15, but half a lifetime later, they are left having to come to terms with the fact that they are still not believed.

I suppose it was really rather unsporting of the defence to challenge their evidence. So much easier all round if the poor lambs were just believed.

Jean-Pierre.t50
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:12 pm

That's probably because nothing like that happened as they are fantasists?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:16 pm

Oh, didn't you know, J-P? The Age of Reason never happened and the witchcraft laws are back on the statute books.

Anyone who shrieks and points must automatically be believed cos they're Victims, innit? And they deserve compensayshun for their terrible ordeal that they'd never bothered telling anyone about (cos they were too traumatised, innit) until they saw a moneyspinning bandwagon passing.

Thank God the predominately-female jury saw through this rubbish about time-travelling Rollers, etc.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:19 pm

http://annaraccoon.com/2014/02/07/roaches-in-roachia/#comments

The high priests of the ‘You will be believed’ movement have a lot to answer for. They have had their fame, their financial rewards, their celebrity and Twitter followers – and they have left behind a tattered justice system that will do nothing for the credibility of little Agnes Bluebottle, abused by a nobody, a nothing, a paltry ‘Uncle Fred’ that nobody has time to investigate – our wonderful Police are too busy holding inquiries into inquiries into inquiries to find out why you can’t get a conviction on a man when you haven’t got any credible evidence – something a first year law student could tell them the answer to.

Precisely.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Jean-Pierre.t50 Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:19 pm

Of course Bonny. "Victims must be believed" seems to be the current mantra.

Jean-Pierre.t50
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:47 pm

Heaven help us.....
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:33 pm

One thing that struck me - the prosecutor attempted to paint Roache's perfectly polite reply to some fanmail, decades ago, as 'grooming'.

Either that prosecutor has a mind like a sewer, or he is so wrapped up in sending 140-character messages or txts or shiny gadgets, he couldn't comprehend that folk used to write letters and thank people.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next