JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
War in Ukraine - Page 31 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
War in Ukraine - Page 31 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
War in Ukraine - Page 31 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
War in Ukraine - Page 31 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
War in Ukraine - Page 31 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
War in Ukraine - Page 31 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
War in Ukraine - Page 31 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
War in Ukraine - Page 31 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
War in Ukraine - Page 31 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

War in Ukraine

5 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

War in Ukraine - Page 31 Empty Re: War in Ukraine

Post  lily Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:34 pm

I knew who it was, Bonny, but it sounded good.  rofl rofl rofl 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:49 pm

Yup.

Putin hails Poroshenko's 'positive thinking' on settling crisis after D-Day meeting
Published time: June 06, 2014 13:37
Edited time: June 06, 2014 17:34

Vladimir Putin and Ukraine’s president-elect Petro Poroshenko have briefly spoken on the sidelines of the D-Day anniversary celebrations in Normandy. They called for both sides to "stop violence and military actions" in eastern Ukraine.

Vladimir Putin and Ukraine’s president-elect Petro Poroshenko have briefly spoken on the sidelines of the D-Day anniversary celebrations in Normandy.

D-Day 70th anniversary LIVE UPDATES

Both leaders “have spoken for a prompt end to bloodshed in southeast Ukraine as well as for an end to military actions from both sides – from the side of the Ukrainian armed forces and the supporters of federalization of Ukraine,” said Putin’s press secretary, Dmitry Peskov.

Putin and Poroshenko also agreed that there is “no alternative” to “peaceful political means” to resolve the conflict in Ukraine.

Speaking at a press-conference later on Friday, Vladimir Putin told journalists that he welcomes Poroshenko’s "positive thinking" on resolving the Ukrainian crisis and his position that the bloodshed “should be immediately stopped.” He, however, did not give any details of the plan, saying that journalists should ask Poroshenko himself if they want to know more.

Putin has stressed that there should be negotiations between Kiev and eastern Ukraine, and Russia is not part of their domestic conflict.[

More at:

http://rt.com/news/164236-putin-poroshenko-ukraine-bloodshed/

Picking through it and the pro-Russia slant, it suggests that some kind of deal is imminent with the Chocolate President, that Putin has been having nice chats with France and Germany, and that yet again, Cameron and Obama are going to be sidelined by the wily Continentals.

Oh, and whatever's been cooked up, the US will be footing the bill. Does that sound about right?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:33 pm

*sigh*

After all Obama's grandstanding, this is now appearing all over the place:

War in Ukraine - Page 31 Putin%20Obama

I actually don't have words for the stupidity of all the hot air that emanated from certain people, and the G8, sorry, 7. Far from making Putin look isolated, the fact that so much of today's non-memorial news has revolved around them queuing up to meet Putin once Merkel made diplomatic noises has made them look like utter plonkers.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:11 pm

Your sigh and I'll raise you one, Bonny.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:18 pm

The final touch is Putin speaking to whoever that is standing behind Obama's back. Not a lot you can say, really, I am sure all will be revealed over the coming weeks.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:08 pm

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/06/07/fact-sheet-us-assistance-ukraine

FACT SHEET: U.S. Assistance to Ukraine

The United States is committed to supporting Ukraine's democratic reforms, economic development, and sovereignty and territorial integrity. Following Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko’s discussions with President Obama on June 4 in Warsaw, Vice President Joe Biden announced on June 7 an additional $48 million in assistance to help the Ukrainian Government conduct key reforms, build law enforcement capacity, and strengthen national unity. Pending consultation with the U.S. Congress, this assistance will follow the $1 billion loan guarantee signed on April 14, a $50 million crisis-response package announced by Vice President Biden on April 21, and $23 million in security assistance announced to date. When added to previously budgeted funds, the United States is providing over $184 million in assistance to Ukraine this year in addition to the loan guarantee.

The United States' $48 million assistance package will:

Support Ukraine's efforts to carry out the reforms needed to make its IMF and World Bank programs a success and place the country on a path towards economic growth.
Assist with constitutional reforms, decentralization, and confidence-building measures that enhance national unity, particularly in the East and South.
Strengthen Ukraine's State Border Guard Service.
Bolster efforts of the government, civil society, and the private sector to fight corruption.
Help Ukraine diversify its trade and enhance its energy security.

Bolster efforts of the government, civil society, and the private sector to fight corruption.

MWAHAHAHAHAAHAH, that's a gem, considering the US has aided and abetted a coup, installed the puppet Chocolate Oligarch President, and put the son of the US Vice President, and a crony of the US Secretary of State, in charge of a Ukrainian oil company. And CNN owns a big chunk of the Ukraine media.

They aren't even trying to hide it any more.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:40 pm

http://rt.com/news/165080-lavrov-ukraine-association-eu/

Lavrov: Russia won’t sanction Ukraine if Kiev signs association agreement with EU

Russia doesn’t see any obstacles to Ukraine signing the EU association agreement, said Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov. He added that Moscow will not impose any sanctions and will return the trade regime with Kiev to ‘most-favored’ status.

Smart move; once EU-imposed austerity starts to hit home in Ukraine, they are liable to end up begging for help from Russia.

And it's been well-noted that McCain was in Bulgaria with several suitcases of freshly-printed dollar bills, trying to meddle with plans for another European gas pipeline.

The wheels seem to be coming off that one though, not least because it's dawning on Europeans that far from supplying them, the US is going to be struggling to keep itself in gas when the fracking bubble bursts.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:10 pm

Interesting times, Bonny.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:19 am

http://rt.com/news/eastern-ukraine-army-operation-680/

Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko has called on fighters to lay down their arms as the crisis deepens, with dozens dead, hundreds wounded and tens of thousands of refugees. In the last few days, 20,000 people have crossed the border into Russia.

Wednesday, June 11
10:11 GMT:
The Public Health Ministry of Ukraine has released the latest data on victims of the “counter-terrorist operation” in eastern regions of the country, reported RIA Novosti, quoting the Ukraine National News agency.

Official statistics claim that 210 people, among them 19 children, died in the special operation by the Ukrainian government against the federalist insurgents in the Lugansk and Donetsk Regions.

“Over 50 people died yesterday in both the Donetsk and Lugansk Regions,” stated Health Minister Oleg Musiy. The minister particularly stressed that his data is based solely on statistics from hospitals and morgues.

Way to go, Obama, he really knows how to spread 'democracy'. And yes, the buck stops with Obama - he and his cabal are actively supporting and bankrolling the Chocolate President, who has been using artillery and air power against civilians.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:20 pm

Meanwhile, in last week's international disaster zone....

http://rt.com/business/165764-ukraine-stop-russia-gas/

Ukrainian Prime Minster Arseny Yatsenyuk has ordered Energy and Coal ministries, regional governments, and Naftogaz to get ready for Russian gas supplies to be cut starting Monday, the cabinet’s website said.

The measure is dubbed “the energy sector’s functioning plan which involves the cessation of gas deliveries from the Russian Federation” and comes into effect on June 16, the document states.

With that, Kiev will launch its case against the Russian energy giant Gazprom at the Stockholm Court of Arbitration, the statement said. Yatsenyuk called for “preparations to be completed” for the process.

Moscow set Monday as a deadline for Ukraine to pay off part of its gas debt of $1.95 billion.

That doesn't actually sound to me like the best-ever Cunning Plan, when they could always pay at least part of the bill. Ukraine seems to have some kind of mad scheme that involves swiping gas destined for the rest of Europe, which HAS paid its bills.

Oh, and a Ukrainian APG crossed the Russian border and promptly broke down. Probably ran out of gas.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:25 pm

Someone likes playing two ends against the middle.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:29 pm

The Chocolate President is liable to find out his crisis has been overtaken by the Iraq crisis, and that he's picked the worst time possible to play silly sods over gas.

Never mind Russia, Germany is liable to invade him if they lose their gas supply because of him.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:44 pm

This is unbelievable. What are they all thinking?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:36 pm

I don't think they ARE thinking, Lily, as I said on the other thread. They're looking for short-term headlines, and not looking at the tide of history. Or the lessons of history.

When the dust settles on everything in a year or so, the world is liable to find that Russia and China are the world leaders, in loose alliances based on trade, etc., with the up and coming nations. WITHOUT getting involved in international military adventures and coups which lead to death and disaster.

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:44 pm

I do fear that our leaders have sold us all out for loads of money in their pockets. Not caring about the carnage and despair they cause.  
mad mad 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:48 pm

So don't worry about it. The Russians aren't entirely stupid, and nor are The Chinese. America will lose face, but the Americans never did understand the importance of that. They will go blithely on making excuses for their stupidity while China and Russia will rule the economic world. Any fool could see that coming.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:53 pm

That's what really gets me, Lily. I lay the blame for the deaths in Ukraine right at Obama's feet. The likes of Nuland, Kerry and co went out of their way to pour petrol on the fire; I do think that if it had been left to Merkel and Putin, and Ukrainian leaders, a peaceful solution could have been found.

Instead, we've had people burned to death in Odessa, civilians bombed in eastern Ukraine - I blame Obama for ALL of that.

Meanwhile, what's happened in Crimea because of the supposedly-evil Putin? Absolutely nothing. Though they did have a wonderful commemoration of the liberation of Crimea, without as much as a raised voice except to cheer.

And no-one chewed gum.

Have you ever watched Lavrov, the Russian foreign minister? There is simply no-one in his class in the US or UK. His English is perfect, he is careful and non-inflammatory in everything he says, is on top of his brief, and in general conducts himself like a diplomat or statesman.

And he doesn't chew gum. Or take selfies at memorial services.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:54 pm

China and Russia will rule the economic world.

Where lots of American companies are huge business.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:04 pm

lily wrote:China and Russia will rule the economic world.

Exactly, Lily. Does Obama know this? Or did they forget to tell him?

Incidentally, Mainland China kept Hong Kong in fresh Pork for many a long year when things weren't good between them and us. The Chinese are the epitome of pragmatism. It isn't even history. And Mao was just a passing glip. They truly are the most amazing people.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:07 pm

I'm sure he knows it Sabot. Wherever money is, he wants some.....
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:12 pm

Sabot wrote:

Exactly, Lily.  Does Obama know this?  Or did they forget to tell him?

Incidentally, Mainland China kept Hong Kong in fresh Pork for many a long year when things weren't good between them and us.  The Chinese are the epitome of pragmatism.  It isn't even history.  And Mao was just a passing glip.  They truly are the most amazing people.

Have come across a lot of Chinese people on my travels, including HK, they are such happy people. Also, kind.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:09 am

lily wrote:
Sabot wrote:

Exactly, Lily.  Does Obama know this?  Or did they forget to tell him?

Incidentally, Mainland China kept Hong Kong in fresh Pork for many a long year when things weren't good between them and us.  The Chinese are the epitome of pragmatism.  It isn't even history.  And Mao was just a passing glip.  They truly are the most amazing people.

Have come across a lot of Chinese people on my travels, including HK, they are such happy people.  Also, kind.

My youngest son was brought up and cared for almost exclusively by a Chinese Amah for three years. I never was of the maternal kind. I breast fed him, and then passed I'm over. Bugger shitty nappies for a game of soldiers.

This is the Acupuncturist. Personally, I think he is mad. But the poor little soul couldn't even speak English when I was forced to take him back to UK.

But this is the one who most cares for his mother, albeit sporadically.

Taking him away from his Amah was the worst thing I ever had to do. But mostly for her because she did love him so.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:19 am

That's interesting that he didn't speak English for a while. I know that people who speak and can translate Chinese and Arabic are in demand, or will be in the near future.

I really believe in acupuncture and have done for some years. It really works.

I hope you see him often.

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:08 am

lily wrote:That's interesting that he didn't speak English for a while.  I know that people who speak and can translate Chinese and Arabic are in demand, or will be in the near future.

I really believe in acupuncture and have done for some years.   It really works.  

I hope you see him often.  

Well, I didn't speak to him a lot, and she loved him so much. He was always with her, and she had so much more patience than I had. Although I was working at the time. Running a Nursery School, as it happens.

Yes, I believe that Acupuncture is a good way to go, but it is so frightfully Chinese. Robin is a Singapore Citizen by birth, before The UK closed that loop hole, and I am pleased for him for that. But his Amah had so much more of an influence on him than she will ever know. I try not to think about taking him away from her. It was awful.

Yes, I see him from time to time. But life goes on. I chose to live here.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:32 am

He knows who you are and so do you. The bonds cannot be broken.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next