JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Gonzo supporters vandalising property in PDL - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Gonzo supporters vandalising property in PDL - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Gonzo supporters vandalising property in PDL - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Gonzo supporters vandalising property in PDL - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Gonzo supporters vandalising property in PDL - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Gonzo supporters vandalising property in PDL - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Gonzo supporters vandalising property in PDL - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Gonzo supporters vandalising property in PDL - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Gonzo supporters vandalising property in PDL - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Gonzo supporters vandalising property in PDL

+2
lily
bb1
6 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Gonzo supporters vandalising property in PDL - Page 2 Empty Re: Gonzo supporters vandalising property in PDL

Post  bb1 Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:35 pm

Gonzo supporters vandalising property in PDL - Page 2 Praia2-1-522x293

It's really not the most attractive of resorts, is it? Indeed, it looks as if it should have an Al Quaeda camp on the wasteground in the middle.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Gonzo supporters vandalising property in PDL - Page 2 Empty Re: Gonzo supporters vandalising property in PDL

Post  lily Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:58 pm

No it's not an attractive resort. Not even close as it is all a new build purpose built resort.

I don't see any charm anywhere and if it had any, it's all gone now. The expats and locals complaining show they don't have any.

Why bother with the place? So many fabulous places out there where Euros go a long way.

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:02 pm

There's supposedly some plan to build a five-star hotel on the wasteland. Frankly, I can't see too many people with that kind of money rushing to stay in a place that has been giving the world's media every impression that it's a Village of the Damned.

Abusive graffiti really doesn't do much for PDL's image.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:25 pm

It screams STAY AWAY. WE DONT WANT YOU HERE.  Pcorneater 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:28 pm

That aerial view actually looks more like some kind of military set-up; all that's missing is the compound in the middle. Compare it to the Spanish resorts that are in the same market, or the much more attractive, really beautiful parts of Portugal and it's most off-putting.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:40 pm

I've heard from friends who have lived there that it is beautiful in places.

That resort is another soul less place and you are spot on about it looking like a military set up in that area.

As I said earlier, this will come back to haunt them.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:43 pm

again, those ******** are showing what they truly are.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:52 pm

PDL was probably a very attractive fishing village, till the ex-pats moved in and brought the concrete mixers with them.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Jean-Pierre.t50 Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:58 pm

lily wrote:It screams STAY AWAY.  WE DONT WANT YOU HERE.    Pcorneater 

(but please send us some cash)

Jean-Pierre.t50
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:21 pm

Of course J-P. What a load of chancers.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:21 pm

On the many attractions of PDL:

http://stopthemyths.prophpbb.com/post237480.html#p237480

Anyone who chooses praia da luz as a holiday destination now needs their head checking. Its got two major crimes against children that are still unsolved ( a s.e.x attack, and an abduction both whilst the child was in their own bed), and a missing man. Then there are the other attacks on children, the disappearance of Joanna cipriana, the women who according to the PJ killed herself with multiple blows to the head with an axe whilst trying to fend off these self inflicted blows coincidently after she told her family she was scared and might have found something out about child trafficking in the area.

Who could resist?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:52 pm

Praia da Luz has always been a low budget resort, after they destroyed it's original purpose and history. Val de Lobo is so much more beautiful and elegant by comparison, with a daily maid service and gardeners always in attendance, but also more expensive.
However, to rent a four bedroomed villa is really not bad when spread among several people. And the beach there is really a beach.

I was never going to go to Praia da Luz anyway. And I certainly don't care if no one else does. The ExPats seem rather common to me. And the less said about the locals the better. But it's probably the best that the haters and hounders can afford.
They can have it as far as I am concerned. I wouldn't even go and look at it.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:07 pm

I was never going to go to Praia da Luz anyway. And I certainly don't care if no one else does. The ExPats seem rather common to me. And the less said about the locals the better. But it's probably the best that the haters and hounders can afford.
They can have it as far as I am concerned. I wouldn't even go and look at it.

The expats seem to completely lack any class whatsoever. I do remember a dreadful vacation to Tunisia that was booked at very short notice when I was in the UK visiting with my children. What an experience that was. The hotel pool area was filled with youngish loudmouthed Brits uttering obscenities. Swigging out of bottles first thing in the morning and drunk before lunch. Fat topless women bared their rolls of flab all with young children around while taking no notice of their young children whatsoever as they were wandering all over the place.  Shocked Shocked 

That's who those complaining expats, as well as numerous antis, remind me of.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:20 pm

Can you imagine being served by the ExPats, Lily? Let alone mixing with Brit holiday makers.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:22 pm

That English pub, The Bull, where so many of the ex-pat forkers hang out, is less than appetising:

Gonzo supporters vandalising property in PDL - Page 2 4961334264_2949801609_z

The reviews are very telling (though why on earth anyone would eat steak and kidney pie *yuck* in Portugal escapes me):

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g776012-d2166709-Reviews-The_Bull_Bar_and_Restaurant-Luz_Faro_District_Algarve.html

Popped into this old pub/restaurant in the beautiful town of Luz. It was a quaint bar-room with lots of ephemera on every surface. When we realised it was a British run establishment and they were offering daily specials, we all chose the special. The meals were cold with gravy that looked and tasted sludgy with food splatted on the plates. Great beer served ice cold, but the white wine - it deserved a special place - but not in a bar. It was undrinkable and warm. A really disappointing lunch, the only poor food on an otherwise great week. Very expensive for poor quality food.

========

Simply don't bother, even the gulls eat better from the land tip. The bar is OK but again ust be the dearest place in Luz.

======

Very disappointing meal including prawns that were off and a steak which we believe was a day too old as well. Chose this restaurant to eat then to watch the football in the bar after the meal but all five of us were very unhappy with the meal and believe it to be overpriced. Staff were miserable as well

Though it does look like the Luz Tavern is the place to go if you want a transvestite show.

Last edited by bb1 on Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:23 pm

This place has got to be the most overpriced restaurant in Luz. The food is alright, average bar food, nothing special; kids menu was usual frozen food, whereas a lot of the restaurants in luz actually provide proper half portions of adults meals. The owner was rude, waitress was pleasant. We weren't told until the bill was presented that they didn't accept credit cards & were informed we could go to the bank across the road to get cash, they'd wait for us to come back. Overall a very mediocre experience, considering the variety & standard of other restaurants in Praia da Luz. Needless to say, we won't be returning.

That PDL charm again!  rofl rofl rofl 
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:44 pm

First off, that bar is empty, looks very tacky and small. Am stunned that anyone would want to go there unless they are desperate.

That place is too substandard for me to even think about food.  Eek 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:55 pm

lily wrote:First off, that bar is empty, looks very tacky and small.  Am stunned that anyone would want to go there unless they are desperate.

That place is too substandard for me to even think about food.    Eek 

And a good job too, by all accounts.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:14 pm

Very disappointing meal including prawns that were off

That sentence right there is enough to put anyone off from ever eating there.

I might add here, it is in the same category as Pete and the dig sh*t around his swimming pool.  No 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:00 pm

the hell with PDL, this village stinks.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:03 pm

Pedro, I get the impression that PDL actually has little to do with Portugal proper, it's just a colony of British ex-pats that have been doing pretty much as they please for years, and only notice the locals as people to work for them.

I doubt if they'd last five minutes back in 21st century Britain, they seem to think we still have an Empire, hence their rudeness.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:12 pm

What is it with some Brits and their pseudo superiority?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:17 pm

lily wrote:What is it with some Brits and their pseudo superiority?

Bad breeding and no good manners.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:25 pm

Thank you, Sabot. I can go with that.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:19 pm

Seen what Morais is describing the graffiti as?

Photo of wall with activist graffiti

'Activist'? Can the citizen churnalist get any more pretentious?  rofl rofl rofl rofl 
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next