JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
D-DAY FOR BENNETT EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
D-DAY FOR BENNETT EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
D-DAY FOR BENNETT EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
D-DAY FOR BENNETT EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
D-DAY FOR BENNETT EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
D-DAY FOR BENNETT EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
D-DAY FOR BENNETT EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
D-DAY FOR BENNETT EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
D-DAY FOR BENNETT EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

D-DAY FOR BENNETT

+10
barbiecar
Sabot
rhodes
Maggs
Lamplighter
crazytony
greenink211
lily
annaraccoon
bb1
14 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

D-DAY FOR BENNETT Empty D-DAY FOR BENNETT

Post  bb1 Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:08 pm

Last edited by bb1 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

D-DAY FOR BENNETT Empty Re: D-DAY FOR BENNETT

Post  annaraccoon Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:32 pm

Mr Justice Tugendhat - perfect.

He has such a delightful way with words. It will, I am sure, be a judgment to remember. If only for its brevity.

annaraccoon
Phoenix Risen
Phoenix Risen

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:34 pm

Great to see you Anna. hug
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:43 pm

Good afternoon, Anna - a pleasure as always smile

It looks like The Hon. Mr Justice Tugendhat is just perfect for this particular case:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Tugendhat

Described by The Guardian as "Britain's leading expert on privacy law", Tugendhat told the Commons' select committee on Culture, Media and Sport:[12]
"We must never underestimate the asset we have in the free press and I am afraid a free press is bound to be one that occasionally gets it wrong either by malice or mistake.

Well said, m'lud!
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:53 pm

Pcorneater
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  annaraccoon Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:54 pm

I do hope Mr Bennett tells him that long tale about being the son of an Austrian war hero, I might even be forced to pay for a full copy of the transcript.

annaraccoon
Phoenix Risen
Phoenix Risen

Back to top Go down

Post  greenink211 Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:55 pm

Who is the "anr" (presumably another) listed in the hearing as being in opposition to Bennett?

greenink211
greenink211
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:55 pm

Where does the Judge come from Anna? smile
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:00 pm

greenink211 wrote:Who is the "anr" (presumably another) listed in the hearing as being in opposition to Bennett?

I confess, I do not know, Bennett has so many court cases going on, I have lost track. Unless it's Kennedy, maybe?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  greenink211 Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:04 pm

Tugendhat's father was originally Austrian but came to UK in 1919.

His brother is an interesting character. Christopher was an MP in the 70's having been a Times journalist. He then went to the European Commission for a while before taking on major roles as chairman of Abbey National and the European arm of Lehman Brothers. Lots of other roles too as director of Rio Tinto and chair of a NHS authority. Busy man.

Edited to add. Just remembered. Have I read that Bennett is part Austrian too? Perhaps that will go in his favour with Mr. Justice Tugendhat?

Last edited by greenink211 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
greenink211
greenink211
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  greenink211 Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:06 pm

bb1 wrote:
greenink211 wrote:Who is the "anr" (presumably another) listed in the hearing as being in opposition to Bennett?

I confess, I do not know, Bennett has so many court cases going on, I have lost track. Unless it's Kennedy, maybe?

It doesn't look like a separate case to me. That is a single case number I would have thought. And I was under the impression that the Smethurst and Kennedy cases were separate issues for Bennett.
greenink211
greenink211
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  annaraccoon Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:11 pm

lily wrote:Where does the Judge come from Anna? smile

Can't think for a minute, hmn, son of immigrants, central Europe somewhere, got a particular interest in military matters, no, can't think, I'll get back to you.......Tugendhat, Tugendhat...

annaraccoon
Phoenix Risen
Phoenix Risen

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:19 pm

Edited to add. Just remembered. Have I read that Bennett is part Austrian too?
No, his mother is Croatian, who fled to Austria during the war . Bennett's father was serving in Austria with the British Military and met her there.

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  greenink211 Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:23 pm

crazytony wrote:Edited to add. Just remembered. Have I read that Bennett is part Austrian too?
No, his mother is Croatian, who fled to Austria during the war . Bennett's father was serving in Austria with the British Military and met her there.

Thank you. There is a vast amount of information relating to this case to process and I do my best. So he won't really be able to play on the old Vienna contacts then?
greenink211
greenink211
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:23 pm

annaraccoon wrote:I do hope Mr Bennett tells him that long tale about being the son of an Austrian war hero, I might even be forced to pay for a full copy of the transcript.
Not an Austrian war hero, a British Army one. Accepted the Italian surrender he did!! LL rofl rofl
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:25 pm

greenink211 wrote:
crazytony wrote:Edited to add. Just remembered. Have I read that Bennett is part Austrian too?

Thank you. There is a vast amount of information relating to this case to process and I do my best. So he won't really be able to play on the old Vienna contacts then?
No, I'm afraid not. However the mother does still have relatives living in Austria.

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:27 pm

Lamplighter wrote:
annaraccoon wrote:I do hope Mr Bennett tells him that long tale about being the son of an Austrian war hero, I might even be forced to pay for a full copy of the transcript.
Not an Austrian war hero, a British Army one. Accepted the Italian surrender he did!! LL rofl rofl

Yeah, remember, no man's land and Bennett has the surrender document to prove it. rofl rofl rofl
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:30 pm

Tony Bennett ..... Zagreb-born 89-year-old mother on a pre-booked trip to Austria, ... when a close relative, film-maker Gerhard Friedl, committed suicide

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:37 pm

Not in Italy it wasn't, HB. The war between the Allies, including the Italian partisans, against the Germans, went on all over the country, and was truly vicious. There were no 'No Man's Lands'.

I suspect myself that Bennett's father served his country honorably; the poor Italian troops caught in the middle of all this surrendered to just about anyone they could - one group even surrendered to an Army dog and its handler. Many of the ordinary German conscripts did likewise - they just wanted to stop fighting for nothing, preferably in one piece.

So, I suspect a group of them did indeed surrender to Bennett's father, but Bennett wouldn't accept that, he had to embellish the story into this great tale of derring-do.

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:39 pm

crazytony wrote:
greenink211 wrote:

No, I'm afraid not. However the mother does still have relatives living in Austria.
But he is, thank goodness, not even half Austrian, his mother is Croatian. It's bad enough to have to own up to the man with the toothbrush moustache, we don't want the man with the combover as well! LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:43 pm

Lamplighter wrote:
crazytony wrote:
greenink211 wrote:

But he is, thank goodness, not even half Austrian, his mother is Croatian. It's bad enough to have to own up to the man with the toothbrush moustache, we don't want the man with the combover as well! LL
Most definitely no Austrian blood at all in him, LL.

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  annaraccoon Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:10 pm

bb1 wrote:Not in Italy it wasn't, HB. The war between the Allies, including the Italian partisans, against the Germans, went on all over the country, and was truly vicious. There were no 'No Man's Lands'.

I suspect myself that Bennett's father served his country honorably; the poor Italian troops caught in the middle of all this surrendered to just about anyone they could - one group even surrendered to an Army dog and its handler. Many of the ordinary German conscripts did likewise - they just wanted to stop fighting for nothing, preferably in one piece.

So, I suspect a group of them did indeed surrender to Bennett's father, but Bennett wouldn't accept that, he had to embellish the story into this great tale of derring-do.

Ah well, I expect the son will keep up the tradition by surrendering honourably.
Hang on,that's not right is it?
NO, but I bet that's how it goes this time round.......

annaraccoon
Phoenix Risen
Phoenix Risen

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:13 pm

Well, he has already totally caved in to Ed Smethurst, dragging a good few of the hounders in with him, Anna, so I don't expect tomorrow to be much different.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggs Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:22 pm

Yes Greenink it is another.

It stands for "another" as the full case name is (1) Gerry McCann (2)
Kate McCann -and- Tony Bennett.
Maggs
Maggs
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  greenink211 Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:24 pm

Maggs wrote:

Yes Greenink it is another.

It stands for "another" as the full case name is (1) Gerry McCann (2)
Kate McCann -and- Tony Bennett.

Thank you.
greenink211
greenink211
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next