JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Riots: Cameron Finally Cuts His Holiday Short - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Riots: Cameron Finally Cuts His Holiday Short - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Riots: Cameron Finally Cuts His Holiday Short - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Riots: Cameron Finally Cuts His Holiday Short - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Riots: Cameron Finally Cuts His Holiday Short - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Riots: Cameron Finally Cuts His Holiday Short - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Riots: Cameron Finally Cuts His Holiday Short - Page 3 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Riots: Cameron Finally Cuts His Holiday Short - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Riots: Cameron Finally Cuts His Holiday Short - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Riots: Cameron Finally Cuts His Holiday Short

+3
Sabot
Lamplighter
bb1
7 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Riots: Cameron Finally Cuts His Holiday Short - Page 3 Empty Re: Riots: Cameron Finally Cuts His Holiday Short

Post  bb1 Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:56 pm

Agree, LL; this is not a new phenomenon, it has been happening for centuries. I do wish the talking heads would stop bleating and giving the yobs legitimacy.
If it still hasn't sunk in that they are doing it for FUN, then it never will.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Riots: Cameron Finally Cuts His Holiday Short - Page 3 Empty Re: Riots: Cameron Finally Cuts His Holiday Short

Post  Sabot Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:02 pm

Auberon Waugh said that Fox Hunting was the rural equivalent of hanging around on street corners and mugging people. I think he might have had a point.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:43 pm

cosyring cherry berry
Pity Leicester Police didnt pursue the Mccanns with as much vigour as they are pursuing the rioters! #mccann

Oh FFS! mad
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Anita Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:50 pm

bb1 wrote:cosyring cherry berry
Pity Leicester Police didnt pursue the Mccanns with as much vigour as they are pursuing the rioters! #mccann

Oh FFS! mad

I give up... this is why I have been staying away from everything as I cant take much more of this.. I am so mad... sorry Bonny
Anita
Anita
Wise Owl
Wise Owl

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:00 pm

Don't apologise, Anita - it is they who should be apologising for the crap they have been coming out with all day.
And they have the nerve to moan about being called 'haters'.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:14 pm

Riots: Cameron Finally Cuts His Holiday Short - Page 3 16046926

Riots: Cameron Finally Cuts His Holiday Short - Page 3 16046923

You know, I am sure metal bullets would be more environmentally-friendly than plastic ones. smile

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:24 pm

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16046910

Public Patrol Streets To Ward Off Looters
Tweet0Comments
11:10pm UK, Tuesday August 09, 2011
Members of the public are taking to the streets in some of the areas of London affected by riots.

In Enfield, north London, a group of around 70 local men kept watch in the area.
They told Sky News their aim was to apprehend people who were carrying out looting and assaults until the police could take them away.
Enfield was badly affected by the riots on Monday night, with a Sony warehouse set on fire.
One of those involved in the patrol, Nick Davidson, said a lack of action from police prompted their decision.
He said: "We've had enough of the police just standing there... while people are looting and ruining the whole area.
"Everybody here pays tax and we've all had enough of it. We're sickened by the police doing absolutely nothing.
"They're not policing our streets, we have to police them."
Another participant told Sky: "The real community of Enfield have had to come together and stick up for ourselves, the businesses, the places we come and shop, the places that we live and prevent any more damage happening."
In Southall, west London, hundreds of Sikh men stood guard outside their temple and patrolled the streets.

Riots: Cameron Finally Cuts His Holiday Short - Page 3 16046945

Residents standing guard in Southall

They were located just a few miles from Ealing which saw some of the worst of the riots on Monday night.
The temple's president Himmat Singh Sohi said they wanted to protect their community.
General secretary Dr Parvinder Singh Garcha told Sky: "We want to show them (the rioters) we are here together.
"We want for them to discuss if they have a problem, we will address that with them but certainly we will not stand for any kind of wanton violence."
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:55 pm

Public Patrol Streets To Ward Off Looters It should never have to come to that.

Riots: Cameron Finally Cuts His Holiday Short - Page 3 16046923

It's about time. They should have done this immediately because it most probably would not have spread.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:05 am

Sound like the LA riots.

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:06 am

I seem to recall that the Korean shopkeepers made it clear that they would shoot looters, Tony?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:11 am

A lot of people here don't stand for any nonsense, Bonny.

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:16 am

bb1 wrote:I seem to recall that the Korean shopkeepers made it clear that they would shoot looters, Tony?
Indeed they did; and, I would have too had the need arose.

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:17 am

I wouldn't think twice about shooting them, Tony - I don't give a flying one for their entitlement and Yuman Rites.

There have been riots a-plenty in London before, but this must be just about the first time there has been such a vacuum at the top when it happened.
Cameron should NOT have waited till today to return from Tuscany; it's scarcely at the other end of the earth. The capital city of the UK was in flames on his watch, for Heaven's sake.
I also suspect that the Far-Right is going to gain from this lack of leadership in a time of crisis.
For now - I wonder if this lot will feel so brave when they see the front page of the Sun?

Riots: Cameron Finally Cuts His Holiday Short - Page 3 16046970
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:26 am

Does your country have the Army National Guards, Bonny?

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:31 am

Cameron should have been back at the start of this. What was he, approx 2 1/2 hours flying time away?

It was unbelievable. Even Gordon Brown would have returned - not that I thought Brown was a good PM either.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:35 am

No, nothing like that, Tony. The nearest would be the Territorial Army, who are a sort of reserve group, but they are civilian volunteers, and certainly not trained to deal with anything like this.
I watched the fighting on Monday night; there simply were not enough trained riot police, and ordinary police men and women were trying to restore order in their shirt sleeves, with little more than truncheons to defend themselves. No shields, nothing.

There simply were not enough police - which is NOT the fault of the police. Cameron has been warned and warned about the dangers of cutting the police budget, and slashing the armed forces.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:39 am

bb1 wrote:No, nothing like that, Tony. The nearest would be the Territorial Army, who are a sort of reserve group, but they are civilian volunteers, and certainly not trained to deal with anything like this.
I watched the fighting on Monday night; there simply were not enough trained riot police, and ordinary police men and women were trying to restore order in their shirt sleeves, with little more than truncheons to defend themselves. No shields, nothing.

There simply were not enough police - which is NOT the fault of the police. Cameron has been warned and warned about the dangers of cutting the police budget, and slashing the armed forces.
Have they got water cannons in use?

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:43 am

There aren't any on the mainland, apparently, Tony - they are still sitting in Northern Ireland.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:44 am

It's okay, I've just read they haven't. I don't understand why not?

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:45 am

bb1 wrote:There aren't any on the mainland, apparently, Tony - they are still sitting in Northern Ireland.
The military should have them on the mainland, surely?

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:49 am

It does seem rather crazy not to, doesn't it?

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:53 am

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:54 am

lily wrote:It does seem rather crazy not to, doesn't it?

I thought perhaps the military would have them lily. There again, how often does UK get riots, it can't be that often?

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:57 am

lily wrote:http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/police-well-fight-fire-with-fire-2335057.html

This is a decent article about what they may use, Tony.

Yes, that might work.

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:12 am

It may well do, Tony. They have to do something more radical and fast.

Then they have to look at the underlying problems later? Personally, I think that a part of the solution is to be more strict with them. Kids have to know and respect boundaries?

In a way, they are not unlike Bennett..........

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next